Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Lost ( OPEN!)

Started by alex_xr, February 08, 2013, 08:27:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alex_xr

Shai hated his luck he had got on the wrong ship, after being forced to pay for passage to wherever the hell they were going he was stuck. He had wondered where he was, this place was quite different from anything he had ever seen. Where was he? That was his next goal.

He didn't have a dime to his name at this point. He hated his luck and to top it all off He had just knocked someone over. " I am so Sorry!

Filtiarn

Anastasia stepped off of the ship and took a deep breath as she stepped off of the ship. This Island was beautiful and the people seemed unusually friendly and welcoming. It was a pleasant change from the business of the mainland where the people were always in a hurry and nobody seemed to care much about anyone but themselves. She could smell the fresh fish being brought in on the boats and she couldn't help but smile as all the locals seemed overly excited that they were here, waving at every passenger as they left the ship that had taken them across the sea.

The firs thing she noticed after stopping to look around was the bright sun and the white puffy clouds that seemed to be placed perfectly there. She could here the sounds of the market nearby, full of people going about there day, it was supposedly the largest village on the islands though it was still small in comparison to the towns on mainland. After only a few moments Anastasia heard the sound of somebody falling on the ground which broke her concentration. she ran over scolded the man who hadn't been watching what he was doing. "Hey! you should be more careful you could have seriously hurt somebody or maybe even yourself you know. Anastasia lowered herself to one kneed and held her hand out to the person who had been knocked down.

alex_xr

Shai frowned " I am sorry.. " He was still trying to act tough, he knew what to do... He was Shai... the fearless explorer..  He didn't know what to do though. He was broke and lost. Now he was getting yelled at . " I am sorry..." Tears started to come to his voice and anyone who knew a young mans sob could tell he was trying to supress it " I am sorry "   He kept trying to suppress it but it was a losing battle. " So so so Sorry...."  He ended up hiding his face in his hands and wanting to disappear. He didn't want to face his parents but he couldn't even do that now, he was stuck here.

Filtiarn

Anastasia helped the person up and then and as she did the man who was standing next to her started to cry "Hey, wait a minute I didn't mean to hurt your feelings,don't cry I'm sure it was just an accident. Come on cheer up see? The person you bumped into isn't even mad, they're walking away without even a scratch." Anastasia put on a big smile trying her hardest to cheer the young man up. "So what brings you to the Port of Ainu?" Now she was just trying to get his mind off of the incident that had just occurred so that the young man would stop crying she hated to see people in distress and would do just about anything to help even a stranger. "Oh I know, here's a handkerchief to wipe your tears."

alex_xr

He tried to cheer up.. but reality kept hitting him...  " Is that where I am?  bad luck brings me here.." He wondered what he was going to do? he had no place to stay no work to do, and worst of all where the hell was the port of Ainu?  He sobbed a bit more before managing to stop. Surely Anastasia knew he was still upset.  " I didn't want to end up wherever the port of Ainu is... I got on the wrong boat... "   He said his face down,  he took the hankerchief and wiped his eyes a bit mumbling out a "thank you" softly. He was distraught. What was he going to do...

Filtiarn

"I see, well cheer up! look on the bright side, this place is beautiful isn't it? And the people here seem so friendly, I'm sure things will work out as long as you keep your chin up!" Anastasia was trying her best to cheer the man up but so far her efforts seemed fruitless. "I'm Anastasia by the way, it's a pleasure to meet you." She said still smiling, she wasn't sure who this man was but he seemed pretty harmless at the moment and she couldn't turn her back on somebody who was in distress. "Come on ill help you out you must have some kind of talent or something that you could use to help out the villagers until you've earned enough money to buy another ticket. If we both work on it you should have enough money to get out of here in two or three days it'll be easy! What do you think?" Anastasia seemed really motivated for some reason but that was just her nature, for some reason she always found joy in helping others.

alex_xr

Shai smield a bit, "I am Shai.." He couldn't believe the girl was so nice.  " you would do that for me?  You would help me? " He was blown away by her kindness.   " It is nice to meet you Anastasia. " He managed to get out.  Maybe he would like it here after all if she was so nice after all.  He had the slightest of a smile but it seemed to get bigger. 

"You don't have to.. I can figure out something surely. I wouldn't want to be a bother." His pride ended up making him say. He didn't want to inconvince this woman  with his problems. even though he really did want to take her offer of help.

Filtiarn

Anastasia nodded "It's good to finally see you smile Shai, you were starting to attract a lot attention crying like that. Plus smiling is always better than crying." Anastasia had actually come here for business but she wasn't meeting with her client until the next day. That would give her plenty of time to at least help Shai get his feet on the ground. Then after her job was done she would be completely free to help him. "So why don't we go find an inn somewhere first? I'll even pay for your room tonight since you don't have any money and don't worry about it, ill definitely help you out." Anastasia grabbed Shai's wrist and started to pull him "So what kind of things are you good at?"

alex_xr

Shai supposed he was going with her as she grabbed his wrist, and smiled a bit more. " Your too kind Anastasia, I will have to find some way to repay you. "  He thought about it what was he good at.  He had done so many different odd jobs.  He didn't know what to suggest first.

" Well I usually do manual labor, done a bit of smithing..  bit of ship work, you know odd jobs here and there.. whatever people will teach me. "

He was glad he had stumbled across this woman,  He didn't know what he would do had he not.

Filtiarn

"That's nonsense you don't owe me a thing." Anastasia took them to the Inn and payed for two rooms for that night but there was still plenty of light out to try and find some work for Shai to do the next day. "So where do you want to start looking? With the docks so close by I'm sure there's people who could use someone that would appreciate skills with ship working but I'm not to sure you'll be able to find much in the way of smithing in a place like this. You could probably even do some fishing if you wanted to give that a shot." Anastasia was still enthusiastic as ever about helping this stranger and so far things seemed to be working out.

alex_xr

" Hmm I wouldn't mind giving fishing a shot.. but probably any ships doing that are out there already. What do you think?  "
Shai looked at her,  She was too nice.. paying for an room, helping him find work, it was almost too good to be true.  " why are you helping me? I mean I just met you and everything." 

Shai, looked them over and wondered what could make her help him like this.

Filtiarn

Anastasia thought about his question for a moment before answering him and then she smiled again "Well everyone needs help sometimes and you can never have to many friends right? I always try my best to help anyone who might be in some kind of trouble. It's just the way I've always been. You're right though all of the fishing boats will probably be out right now, so we have time to relax until this afternoon. If we go to the docks later when the fishing boats start coming in we could talk to the fisherman and see if any of them would be willing to hire you for tomorrow. So is there anything you want to do until then?" Anastasia opened the door of the inn that led back out into the village and held it opened waiting for a response from Shai.

alex_xr

Shai thought about it, wondering what they could do.  " Perhaps you could show me some cool feature of this village? " He said not knowing what else there might be to do.   He couldn't believe that this girl was so nice, " Or perhaps I could let you get back to your business for now. " He said he didn't want to be a bother.

Shai smiled though, his mind was at ease, things seemed to be going well. and that meant he didn't have to worry so much. He just needed to find a job, and maybe he could buy Anastasia something, though he didn't know what.

Filtiarn

"I would love to show you around if I could but this is my first time here as well. About two and a half months a go I was approached by a man who asked me to come here and meet with a woman named Chiara. She's apparently one of the village elder's so she shouldn't be to hard to find but I didn't really plan on meeting with her until tomorrow. Plus i'll need to find a local to translate for me since most of the Yoreiqi don't speak the common tongue."

Anastasia started to look around trying to see anything in the general area that might keep Shai occupied for a while to get his mind off of his current situation but she didn't really know much about him. Plus the locals were so tall that it made it difficult for her to see over them and with their natural curiosity in outsiders there were quite a few of them nearby watching the two of them. Every now and then one of them would wave as they walked by and Anastasia would just smile and wave back.

alex_xr

Shai laughed " So your new too and your being this nice to me..  Well then lets make a day of it.. Shall we wonder?"   He said referencing to  somewhere around them.  He was glad Anastasia was here, he didn't want to be alone.  " Well lets go then,   shall we?"  He smiled and kept walking slowly with her.  He didn't know what to go see, perhaps their was  something near by.

Filtiarn

As Anastasia walked with Shai they eventually came to a small market in the eastern part of the island village. It was full of all kinds of different shops; many of them sold the different species of fish that were found on the island. There were a few that sold some clothing though the Yoreiqi didn't wear much to begin with and so there wasn't a whole lot. There were also shops selling jewelry from earrings and necklaces to rings and bracelets. There were also weapon shops that sold mostly plain spears or shields of Yoreiqi design.

While walking through the market an older Yoreiqi woman approached them. She bowed down and then looked at them for a minute "Excuse me, are you Anastasia? I was told by an old friend that he had sent a woman matching your description to help me with a problem I've been having." Anastasia bowed in return and smiled back at the woman "Yes I am Anastasia and this is my friend Shai I assume you are Chiara then. I'm surprised to see that you can speak the common tongue. I had been told that most Yoreiqi only spoke the local language?" Chiara looked at Shai and bowed to him as well "I'm grateful that you came all the way here please come with me I would like to speak to you about this matter in private as soon as possible."

"I apologize Shai we'll have to continue exploring the village another time I guess. You don't have to come with me if you'd rather look around the village some more." Anastasia followed behind the Yoreiqi woman who was taller than the average Female Yoreiqi who were already tall to begin with, which made it difficult for her to keep up with the woman.

alex_xr

"See you soon Anastasia" Said Shai with a smile.  He was glad he had run into her and didn't want to be a bother to them.  He left with a haste as to not hinder her.

Shai ended up at a smith's place anyways, and found him self helping the man if for nothing else but something to do. He helped by keeping the fire hot for the man, and such. It was fun he thought as he lost track of time.

Tags: