Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Encounters (open)

Started by Alamat, February 18, 2013, 12:57:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alamat

It was a fine day, though the wind blew slightly chilly. The day was perfect for traveling and Alamat took this into great consideration, taking no hesitation to start early and travel. She wore a dark brown cloth cloak that hid most of her body, though there were slits in the back to allow her wings to show through. The dusty path was well-worn, and a common path for people to take. Her amber eyes scanned the vacinity for anything, particularly spirits, though the path was empty. Or so she thought.

Soon enough a lone spirit stood by the side of the road, looking out towards the lush woods on the other side of the path.

"Hail!" she nods, smiling at the being, and the being simply nods back and smiles. It wouldn't be long before she would strike up a small conversation.

Anyone who would walk along the same path, however, would find themselves spotting a woman who seemed to be speaking to the air. Only those who were able to see or sense spirits could tell that there was something otherworldy there.

Paranomaly

He had washed up on some shore earlier that day, the fact that he was still in tact was phenomenal. He couldn't remember much... he knew his name and a few things about his own condition, but little else really. The soaked glove lay quietly on the beach for some time, the only sign of anything out of the usual being that it was inflated as if filled with an invisible hand. Eventually the fingers started to slowly move, the hand crawling along the ground and moving forward, very little concept of where it was or where it was going.

After wandering for what felt like an age, a voice could be heard. Almost as if chanting. He wandered more, moving to where he felt the voice was coming from, slowly and steadily until soon the woman was nearby. He was too tired at the moment and damaged to do more than crawl over, eventually reaching the woman's foot. The glove slowly pushed itself up to the point that it could tap at her ankle, pushing against her skin.

Alamat

Feeling the tapping sensation on her leg, the speckled woman looks down at her feet, and immediately sees the cloud-covered disembodied hand that was trying to garner her attention. Tilting her head, she squats down, and taps the back of the gloved hand.

"Greetings," she'd say in her baritone voice, "How may I help you today?"

Paranomaly

The hand shakily lifted itself up on it's fingers, moving similarly to a spider, before a weak voice came from the spirit.

"I-I... Don't know where I am... nor really how I got here... outside of by ocean... can you help... me?"

Alamat

"My name is Alamat," she told the spirit before gingerly taking it within her palms. "I will help you, do not fret. You are the first I have seen who is not whole." She told the hand, nodding to herself a little. "Do you remember anything else?"

Paranomaly

"No... I know a few things, but not much about... what happened to me..." the spirit said, staying in its 'standing' position for the moment. "Where... am I? Who are you?"

Alamat

"You are in the Isles of Yoreiqi. As I have said, my name is Alamat. I am a spirit-talker. You are a spirit - one that is only showing to me as a hand. Perhaps if you remember more, the rest of you will follow?" She told him in an uncertain voice.

"I am not sure, but I will certainly do my best to help you."

Paranomaly

"Yoreiqi... that sounds familiar but I don't know why..." the spirit said as it relaxed again. As it relaxed, the form of the spirit seemed to bleed out towards the woman's clothing, enveloping them in a similar matter as it did the old glove it was currently inhabiting. The clothing would rustle in a manner similar to being blown by the wind as the spirit spread.

"That feels much better. Forgive me." The voice called, now much healthier and closer to Alamat. "I do remember my name; it is Rainier. It is good to meet you, Alamat."

Alamat

Alamat chuckled, "You are free to remain in my garments if that is better for you." She looked down at her top. "It is an honor to meet you, Rainier. Would you mind it if we started to travel on?" The woman remained standing still, though her wings flapped gently once or twice as she stood.

"Do you remember anything else?"

Paranomaly

Rainier remained silent for a moment as he settled in her clothing, the battered glove going limp as he withdrew his influence from it. "Not at all and not particularly... I know that I'm missing something, so it's not like I was just born... but..." the voice trailed off, rustling the clothes a bit in thought. "I don't know... it's just blank..."

Alamat

"Where were you when you awoke?" Alamat asked, starting to walk on the path that led to who knows where. She wasn't heading towards a particular destination, only that she was headed somewhere. It didn't matter where.

"It is not unusual for a spirit to not know of its origins, though being so fragmented in form is something I am unaccustomed to." She told the spirit, speaking out loud to no one in particular, causing passers by to look at her with some curiosity. "Was this glove something you have always had?" she asked.

Paranomaly

"I was within it when I came to on the shore... I was in pain, but I think it's because the glove is so shoddy I feel..." he trailed off for a moment, rustling again lightly before his voice returned. "...better. I guess that I washed up there, but can't say for sure. As far as I know it's just something I grabbed onto like your clothes..."

The spirit didn't seem to concerned with their path or anywhere that they might be going, simply along for the ride at this point. Occasionally the clothes would move as if covering someone else as the spirit made subconscious movements, but would quickly correct them.

Alamat

"I'm not sure where to take it from here now..." she nods, rubbing her chin lightly, "...there are so many places you could have been from, so many ways... I am uncertain as so how to approach this matter." She paused for a moment.

"So tell me, would you be opposed to probing of any sort... if that may be done to you?"

Paranomaly

"No, can't say I am." The spirit replied, voice a bit sheepish in tone. "I can certainly feel, but as long as you don't go and deliberately wound me, I should be fine. Furthermore... I don't exactly have any particular place to go, so don't feel overly forced to deliver me back where I came from... just carrying me like this is more than enough~"

Alamat

"Perhaps we may discover your origins as we travel, then? I'm not particularly opposed to gaining a companion!" Alamat cheerily replied, nodding to herself as well. "Although, if you prefer a more complete clothing, I'd gladly oblige you. I have enough to purchase you your own, if you so wished it."

Alamat continued the walk, until they chanced upon A small village.

Paranomaly

"That would be appreciated, as while I do appreciate aspects of your clothes... free movement and men clothing would be more comfortable, I think." the voice said, rustling the clothes a bit once more. "I don't have anywhere in particular to go, as you may have noticed, so not apposed to just tagging along with you..."

Alamat

With a chuckle Alamat entered the small gathering of travellers, nodding politely at people she makes eye contact with. Coming towards a trader she makes small talk, before purchasing some clothes. The trader, though giving her a funny look, makes the trade. After a couple more purchases Alamat goes to a small clearing that was some distance away from the settlement.

"How should I do this?" she asks, looking down at herself, "Should I just lay the clothes out or...? How you would prefer it?"

Paranomaly

"Just put them down and I should be able to get in" The voice said, his presence gathering down closer to the ground, opposed to spread out evenly through the clothing as it had before. "Whenever you are ready."