Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Never Trust the Shadows

Started by visualspice, March 24, 2013, 09:34:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Alvara wasn't the only one exhausted. But the prince merely complied, nodding his head.  Strangely enough, the fact she was tending to his wounds was actually soothing, but perhaps the calming drugs and pain killers were to blame. It was almost satisfying, except for the slight stinging brought on now and again through the subtle motion of the clothe. He could have fallen asleep beneath her fingers,and found himself almost nodding off before he jerked his head up then looked away. Blinking, he tried to come back to his senses, and simply focused on the wound she was tending to, but remained silent.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

paganchick

Alvara reached up and touched her face, running her hand over face slowly to try to keep herself alert and focused. She coughed and cleared her throat before shaking her head. Once against she stood, walking back to the table with the vials on it. She looked over the many choices slowly, setting the damp clothe back in the water basin.

She knew she hadn't the energy to heal that wound, but she could clean it out and start the process with a potion. She picked up a medium sized vial along with several rolls of cloth. She returned to the Princes bed side, opened the vial and started pouring the contents onto the wound. She forgot to warn him about the intense stinging the potion would cause.

visualspice

Prince Rezvek had been in somewhat of a daze, soothed only by the skillful hands of the healer. He could have let her work on him all day, that was, until he was broken from his stated of calmness by the sudden sting of the potion bubbling over his wounds. He made a hiss, sitting up suddenly and swore between his teeth.
"Damn it! What the hell was that!?" the man growled, wincing and needing to close one eye. I twas rather embarrassing, the stinging was so sharp and painful it was making his eyes water up.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

paganchick

Alvara who was in a half daze herself was startled by his quick reaction. She jumped back as his movements brought her to reality, her ankle catching a chair, and the vial of liquid flying from her hand as she landed on the ground on her butt. She didn't realize his watering eyes or much else other then her now own sore body.

It took her a moment for his question to register, and her eyes shot over to the spilled liquid on the floor, she almost felt like crying as she saw all of her efforts laying worthless on the floor, it had taken her three months to just gather the ingredients for that potion.

visualspice

"Well?" Vek growled impatiently. What was this woman - simple? But when she made a spectacle of herself, a mess now on the floor and the woman, simply sitting there, he tried to swallow down his pride. Breathing hotly between his teeth, his breath made a hissing noise before he got up from where he sat, a hand moving over the bubbling, stinging wound.
"Are you done with the wound already?" He hoped so. She didn't seem fit to carry on healing anymore than he did and as he studied her, he felt himself stiffen. "You look exhausted-" Why wold she be exhausted? It wasn't like she was the one that had the boar ram into her.

paganchick

Alvara took a deep breath, though she looked rather exhausted she seemed completely awake. She slowly stood, her twisted ankle throbbing but she bore it in silence. She handed him several rolls of clothe with a sigh as her eyes returned back to the bottle on the floor.

"That was hart vain, a very pure healing potion, it cuts healing time in half, sometimes more, it took me three months just to get enough ingredients for that bottle," She said, seeming completely deflated. She started to mentally reprimand herself, how could she be that stupid, she should have paid better attention, now it was almost all for waste, all the time, all the effort.

"You need to have the clothe wrapped around you, from just above the broke ribs to just below the gash to make sure you don't rebrake your ribs or reopen your wound," She spoke, closing her eyes and shaking her head.

"To heal I use mostly my own energy, because I don't want to use the persons energy, they need it to finish healing, so I am left with my own. Regrowing bone is not a simple walk in the woods. As I said before, sorry I am not the wand wave heal all your problems mage," She said her voice tired and a bit bitter.

visualspice

Rezvek could have growled at her for all she was worth. But he did not, merely stared at her in silence before looking down at the potion on the floor. He could relate to something you've strived for, put so much effort in, to simply go to waste, to become broken and lost...
It was much with his empire, now gone to ruin.
All ruin...
So he remained silent, contemplating over what she said.
Her own energies? It made sense but...
How come he was actually feeling sorry for her? It was her job, wasn't it? But something about the way she was acting now compared to earlier was jarring, and didn't sit with him well. Was it worth the price to help someone? Perhaps so, but it was still silly.

"Here, I can help bind my wound," he said, putting out his hand. "You look exhausted." That's all he needed was the healer girl to pass out on him.

paganchick

"I'm sorry, for making the mess," Alvara said, speaking about the potion her mind still obsessing about it. She was drained in every way possible, physical, mental, and emotional. Right now she was a shell of herself, come morning she would be all party and fun, but now, she was empty, she had pushed herself beyond any point she had before. She started to wrap the bindings on him, making sure they were just tight enough, she moved with practiced ease and skilled hands. The bindings didn't take her long at all.

"These will need to be changed tomorrow," She said before kneeling down to pick up the pieces of the broken vial, her ankle still throbbing she began to bite the inside of her cheek. Here this man endured her seemingly rudimentary healing magic and she couldn't take a twisted ankle. Yet again she began to mentally chastise herself.

visualspice

Prince Rezvek watched her, grunting a bit when she seemed to ignore his request to help. Fine, if she didn't want his help...
but when she apologized he was taken back by it, but remained silent. Why was she apologizing? He studied her a moment in silence, then when she got on her hands and knees to clean up, he moved and was right here with her, delicately picking up the glass shards and disposing them into a small clothe.
"You look exhausted. Let me get that and just rest," he said, averting her gaze as he simply worked at picking up the glass. He didn't care if he got scratched or not by it, his hands were easily scared by battle anyways. Besides, was she too stupid to see her magics wore at her? He was stubborn and even HE could see that.

paganchick

Alvara could feel the pull of her energies towards her ankle, her body trying to heal itself the way she healed others. She fought the pull thinking she could just clean up this mess she could make it, she had enough energy for just a few more minutes. Once the mess was nearly cleaned to leaned back on her heals as if about to stand.

"You need to rest, I'll be in my... I don't feel so weh," With her last words her body became limp, collapsing on the ground with a slight thump. She was out cold and there could be little done about the fact. Her body started to do what it did every time she slept. To draw energy from the ares around her, making the room grow a few degree colder. Her slightly swollen ankle was now exposed and if one watched it, they could see it begin to heal, the swelling going down first, then the dark colors fading to revel her natural caramel color.

visualspice

Had the prince been thinking more clearly, reflexes would have caught her. So instead, he watched her, blinking stupidly before swearing beneath his breath. Scooping her up gently in his arms, he lifted her over to his bed and set her down, brushing her dark hair from her face as he moved to make her more comfortable in the bed.
"Stupid girl," he growled, fussing over her before sitting beside her with an irritated sigh. For a long moment, his eyes studied her in silence, red eyes seeming to bubble like water ready to broil, but after a time, he simply swore again and moved away from her and went about finishing the task in cleaning up the vial. It hadn't taken long, but he wanted to make sure all of the glass shards were up, so he used a wet piece of clothe and moved it across the area a good few times before settlign dwn into a nearby chair while chewing on a sharp finger naila nd observing the girl. he had no idea what to make of her, but he felt exhausted, and before he knew it, he was drifting off to sleep, shivering a bit at the sudden drop of temperature in the room and dreaming about nothing- absolutely nothing, until occasionally a shiver of a dream would nearly awaken him, but his body allowed him the rest, so he continued to slumber. His men even had come in to check on the pair, Gamerin only smirking and closing the door to let the pair doze away. They had things to occupy themselves with at the bar, anyway.

paganchick

Alvara slowly came to, her mind still rather groggy though. She could tell she was in a bed, it was soft and sort of warm, plus she could feel the blanket pulled up over her. She could also tell that she was the only on in the bed, it was simply too cold for a man to be beside her. Still she could smell the scent of a man, and hear deep breathing. Her mind lingered on the scent for a moment, trying to recall it, it was a a woodsy type of smell, like cedar and pine, an alluring smell but not one that she recognized immediately. She slowly let her eyes open yawning and stretching as he eyes adjusted and focused in on everything around her.

Slowly everything start to come back to her when she realized she was in the Princes room, though she didn't remember everything. The last clear coherent thing she remembered was working on the Princes ribs, then she remember dropping the vial, then nothing. She sat up and looked around slowly. She reached up and rubbed her eyes, before stretching. Her back popped loudly, then her neck as she slowly got up.

visualspice

The prince slept lightly, after all, having this strange woman in his room had him on edge. At the noise of her waking and cracking her back, he awake suddenly and turned. Blinking, he observed her in silence before rubbing some of the sleep from his eyes. The chair wasn't that comfortable, but he had slept on worse.  Rising, he let out a breath before cracking his own neck out of habit. Then, after studying her for a few moments he asked, "Are you alright? You passed out." He observed her, but again remained quiet, and also cautious. He didn't exactly trust her yet, despite having thrown her into his bed.

OOC: Sorry for the delayed response and short post D:
my brain is like totally not working today ;_;
but I figured to try to post anyways to get over the not working humpness T_T

paganchick

Alvara sat quiet for a moment as if really thinking about his question. She didn't feel any pain, everything seemed to be where it should be except for her and she felt alert and awake.

"Well I think I am okay, I must have used too much energy fixing your ribs, which reminds me, I need to change your wrappings and check on that would that cost me the vial of harts vain, you know I am still kind of upset over that," she said as she stood, continuing to stretch a bit as she did. She looked at him for a moment and it was clear that she was back or near back to the girl who he met out in the woods though she wasn't being as out right with checking him out. She smiled a bit, he sure was a looker.

OOC:No problem :)

visualspice

Rezvek had been studying her, but looked away when she mentioned the potion that had broke.  He couldn't help but feel partially responsible for it. But only partially. It was only after a time he felt her eyes over him and he looked her way. Well, it seemed she was getting better as he smiled sourly beneath her gaze. Perhaps he should have put his shirt on- but then the bindings... He would have had to take it off for her anyways.

Prince Rezvek was a sight to be seen. A chiseled, lean body, a heart shaped face, only that appeared more angular and strong on account of how angry he always looked. He had hair as dark as midnight, cut and falling wildly about his face, the ends curling just enough where the length suited it. Then his eyes... his eyes were like blood red diamonds, always active, always sparkling with life.

This human was strange.  Though humans all tended to act a certain way, he had never seen a woman be so... forward with her intentions. Her eyes and body language read like a book. If he had wanted to mate with a human, sadly, he supposed he'd like one as forward and brash like her-
Too bad she was bothersome. A trouble maker. He had no time for mating with a child!

Draegvaki mating habits were a lot different than human ones. Yes, they got married. Yes it was formal, but mating could be casual and usually the men just took what they wanted and fought with the women before hand in a sign of aggression and dominance. It was part of the charm and what made it all the more satisfying. Though a marriage meant you were sealed to mate to life, and this usually occurred with the more prominent of his race, to keep the blood line with strong genes, so most of the time victors of war or royals were the only one's blessed at having a wife, a guardian for their home and one to bare their offspring exclusively.

This woman,..
It was his turn to look her over again more openly, but in doing so, his eyes were more hot and challenging. So she might be a fun mate- but that's all she might be good for- especially if it helped get rid of his frustrations. She was obviously attracted to him-
But pride wouldn't allow him to do much else than challenge her with his eyes and also to remind...
"Well you can change it now. Might as well before my men get up. We'll be leaving town once we finish resupplying."
And perhaps once Gamerin was there he could just pay this woman off for her time.

paganchick

Yes, Alvara noticed him looking at her, she basked in it for a moment. She wondered if he was just looking or if he was actually interested. A smile crossed her face as her eyes met his, her eyes just as challenging, just as hot. She walked up to him, her hips swaying slightly as she looked him over one more time.

"Like what ya see?" She asked, laying her hand on his chest. "Because for a man who seems so angry all the time you seem to be lightening up a bit," She spoke as she stepped close to him, her hand on his chest sliding around him, and undoing an end of the bandages.

Her heart raced standing this close to him, she couldn't figure out if it was because he was some kind of royalty or just because he was just so damn attractive, either way it didn't matter, she liked it. He was so strong, just his posture alone exuded a great deal of strength. The feel of his tight muscles underneath of fingers as she unwrapped him, her eyes never leaving his.

And his eyes, her was the text book definition of brood bad boy, and that was just the kind she was attracted to. The kind that had this sense of danger about them, that was what she was drawn to.

Yes it all probably started when she was younger, a way to bother her father, but as they say, old habits die hard and this one hadn't died yet.

visualspice

At her comment, Rezvek sneered and made a 'tch' of annoyance. But his eyes never left hers. It was more out of the fact she seemed to be challenging him that he refused to look away, and he was not about to be bested from this sort of a woman. And what was her game anyways? Her fingers, light and slow, moved over and began to peel away the bindings. He shivered lightly, but did his best to repress it and rather, mulled over her initial statement. He was hardly looking at her out of consequence of attraction, more, he told himself, to scrutinize the woman who has since turned herself into a blemish on his life. Not that his life was all that perfect since the fall, the battle...

"I'm merely cooperating," he told her, shifting his weight a bit and sighing once he felt more air against his once bandaged flesh. The skin had become clammy, so the cool air felt good.

He looked down. The wound seemed to be healing, and distinctively more faster than it ought to have been without her assistance.  It was for this, he could understand why she felt so close to her potion. It really seemed to be a miracle drug, and if it was as difficult to make as she had claimed, he too, would have been pissed and probably would have tore up the entire room out of fury to have it become wasted by breaking on the floor.

Thinking about that, and how she had become quite exhausted after the whole ordeal, his eyes slid over her again before he asked, "It seems your healing magics do a number on you. You had collapsed." His eyes kept to hers. "Hardly seems worth it to waste your life force on strangers."

He knew if he was in her shoes, he probably wouldn't like tending to most of the ones that needed it- himself included. He knew he was an arrogant prick, and his personality would make him resentful towards those he helped- as often times it did since it became more of a hindrance than a help. That, and the last time he had meant to help someone, to protect them- he had failed. He had not only failed her, but his entire kingdom. And he'd have to live with that for the rest of his days in exile from the forest. For this, he felt a bit sore that he had to be aided. After all, he was independent, and a fierce, battle hardened prince.

paganchick

Alvara felt him shiver, and her smile broadened a bit, yes, there was a way under his skin, and just like everything else, the longer it takes something to break down the more it was worth, so this one, must be a diamond. Most men she could already have them begging pleading, have them wrapped around her finger, but not this one, he was different.

She leaned forward as her arms moved behind him to continue unwrapping him, her lips moving next to his ear, "Sure, just cooperating," She spoke in a rather breathy whisper. Then as she moved back, pulling the bandage from under his arm she moved her gaze right back to his, her eyes seeming to smolder, growing more challenging, almost daring him to do something.

"You never know when someday you need help, and maybe one of the people you helped can return the jester," She spoke, breaking her gaze just long enough to look him over once more. She was find it harder and harder to break his gaze, there was just something about those red eyes that pulled you in, wanted you to get closer. She bite her lip slightly, not even realizing at first she was doing it, too caught up in unwrapping him and staring into his eyes, those blood red eyes.

She knew she still had to wrap him again, so she would be able to get this close for some more time, she could just take her time. There were few men she was so attracted to, not only was his body breathtakingly handsome, he was quick, and though he was sort of a prick he did seem to kind of care about people. She wondered what he would do if she made a move, she deeply considered it.

visualspice

Tch. What a crock of shit. Though it pained him to hear her say it, it was something his mother had often preached.  Helping others to help yourself. To understand and commune with the world around you. An eye for an eye...
Though his people were a proud race, they were not idiots and to live in the ancient forests, where trees were behemoth, sometimes so large entire cities of forest folk could live within them, you learned that even one small twig, one blade of grass, had a purpose.  The insects you ate, the dragons you slaughtered, the men you loved and killed, it all came with a price. It all came back full circle...

And then there was the end.
His mind always shifted back to the slaughter-
the creatures..
what had they been!? They seemed to come out of now where, black and wicked as night, beings he had never seen- deformed, ugly and wicked. He wasn't sure why he was thinking htis now,a nd when the memory faded, he found himself staring back down at Alvara.
Baring his teeth, he narrowed his gaze at her.

"Quit wasting my time and bandage me up again," he snapped. "My men have a lot to do today before we roll out of town. And because of you, I let them drink so you could rest in peace. They'll be doubly exhausted when I wake them in the next hour." He finally looked away, over towards the window. I twas still dark, the morning sun barely beginning to rise.  "I'd like to move out with the sun."

paganchick

Alvara's first instincts were to pout, it got her her way with most men but she quickly thought better of it, it wouldn't work with him, she knew that. She finally finished unbandaging him, the last of the cloth falling to the floor by his feet. Still her fingers lingered on his warm flesh, slowly running from his back to his chest. Her fingers absent mindedly traced against his chest slowly

"I think you would do better if you let off some frustration," She spoke, looking up at him from under her thick lashes. She figured this was her moment, what could he do, get mad, push her away, tell her to leave. She didn't mind any of those things, she had been rejected before. There was a chance she could have some fun with this man, she didn't see why she shouldn't. Plus didn't some men like it when you took what you wanted? She suddenly hoped he was one of those men

So she pushed him against the wall, hard enough to send the message across but not hard enough to injure his ribs again. She pressed her lips to his as well as her body. Her lips were soft, passionate but not desperate.