Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Never Trust the Shadows

Started by visualspice, March 24, 2013, 09:34:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paganchick

Alvara rubbed her forehead as she thought, trying to help generate ideas for the plan to survive.
"What if we moved this circle closer to the volcano, maybe Sapphira can somehow help the volcano work in our favor, she does control fire," Alvara thought out loud. Her head had started to throb as her heart pounded in her head.

visualspice

Rezvek, surprised, to turn Alvara and he actually- smiled.
"That's it. We could lure them to the mountain. But... how?" it was then his smile began to fade. "The creatures might not be so foolish to follow, even if we had bait. How can we be so sure this would work?"
Growling, it was evident the prince was getting frustrated as he mulled over the idea-
and tried to ignore the obvious- that Alvara would be the perfect source of bait....
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

paganchick

"I am the perfect bait, the spider guy seems obsessed with me so I'm sure the spiders will follow me," Alvara pointed out simply." Even if they didn't follow at least near the volcano we are safe from the beast," she added after a moment.

visualspice

Rezvek glared at her.
"We can't use you," he growled. "I won't let you!"
But naturally, he would argue. She was his mate- and he was not about to lose her to something so foolish and reckless!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

paganchick

Alvara leaned forward, kissing his cheek softly.
"We don't have a choice, if we are to save these people, to save the rest of men, we have to risk it," she spoke as she gently ran her hand along his cheek.

visualspice

It took Rezvek a long moment of growling and huffing and brooding before he finally conceded in a coarse breath, "Fine." And his red eyes met to hers. "But I'm going with you." And that was spoken with finality.

paganchick

Just like he couldn't stop her from doing it, she knew she couldn't stop him from going with her, and she knew better than to try.
"I would expect nothing less from you."

visualspice

For a good long while, Prince Rezvek remained quiet. He brooded over a plan before revealing what he believed was the best course of action for them to do. He commanded Gamerin and Sapphira to remain over head, to observe from the sky while he and Alvara would take to a route on land- heading towards the volcano. They had to get the spidercreature's attentions, and once they did- Gamerin and Sapphira were to give them a signal- that of a low, mewed roar. ANd once that was in place, the two could take off with Rezvek in his half Draegvaki form and fly with Alvara more swiftly up the path.

But for now- the plan was only beginning to roll into motion; and Rezvek touched down int he heart of the spider ambush and gestured for Alvara to move.
"Run!"

paganchick

Alvara without hesitation did as he asked, taking off running with all the speed she could muster. She was definitely no mail running, nor a warrior but with her death looming over her head her legs carried her like the wind, swift and agile.

visualspice

It took the first light scents of Alvara's presence to reach the spider's senses for some of them to begin to turn. Blindly, they were lead by the unseen man they had encountered before, and as soon as the prince saw the spiders were turning, he let out a low growl and snapped, "Alvara, keep running! It's working!"

paganchick

Alvara didn't turn back, she knew if she did that would only heighten her chances of falling or tripping and she just couldn't risk that. She knew that the sight of Rezvek would give her encouragement but it would be just too much of a risk.

visualspice

"Alvara, the spiders will get closer as we near the mountain. Stay near my side, don't leave my sight," he snapped, turning to her with a glare. "Understand?"

paganchick

Alvara looked over, meeting Rezvek's glare with a hard, frustrated look of her own. She wasn't a child, or one of his follows. She was his mate, his equal and she had managed to survive her life without him giving harsh demands. She didn't answer him, rather continued running full speed.

visualspice

Knowing she was being difficult, he growled and bared his teeth, tightening his grip upon her wrist and repeated it.
"Do you understand?"

paganchick

"Fine! Your hurting me," Alvara spoke looking down at Rezvek's grip on her arm. She was growing tired. Not of the running but of all the drama and death the spiders had brought. She simply wanted to rest. Though she doubted the only rest she would find soon was death.

visualspice

Rezvek, with his teeth still bared, loosened his grip and kept his eyes on the path ahead.
"We have to keep moving. Lest those creatures consume us." And as his red eyes went to the volcano before them, he felt as if he couldnt get them there fast enough. Too bad they couldnt fly. No... He'd only do that if the spider creatures got too close. And as they ran, his eyes cleaved through to forests, watching as the creatures grew closer and closer.

paganchick

Alvara didn't reply, she didn't even look at Rezvek. She knew it wasn't time to throw a fit so she didn't. Still she couldn't help how tired she was growing. She needed a break from it all. She needed a break to spend time with the sweet and infuriating Rezvek she had been with at the tavern.

visualspice

The mountain pass curled up the mountain side like a craggy serpent, and the more they ran, the more pain he could feel in his strained legs. But they had to keep moving, they had to push on- to run, and never look back. The volcano was more than the answer, and what better way than to use an entire mountain against an army of deranged, pale arachnids? Chancing but one glance to Alvara, he turned from her and slowed as the trail came to a sudden halt- and the only way for the to proceed was to climb up the mountain side, one rock at a time.