Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory (Rhi)

Started by paganchick, April 30, 2013, 09:56:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paganchick

Sapphire took her time walking, grabbing an apple from an apple tree she passed. She could tell he was moving slower, the blood trail was getting easier to follow. This was like tracking a deer just shot. Of course, they say that you will probably be killed the same way you kill, so it would only be fitting.

Finally she was upon him, she looked at him from a few yards away before taking a big bite out of the crisp apple. She closed the gap between them, crouching down beside him, chewing the bite of apple in her mouth. She looked him over, chewing slowly, completely relaxed.

"I find it funny you know, how you are dying like the animals you hunt, it seems only fitting," She said looking at him, watching him grow weaker with each moment.

"I can save you, but why would I when you have killed so many of my kind? You are more of an animal that I, killing my kind, most likely dragons who had never hurt a human, for what? A pay off?" An idea popped into Sapphira's head.

"Were you hired those dragons?"

Rhindeer

Malak raised his head weakly at the sound of a voice, his vision horribly spotty, but not enough that he couldn't make out the dragon girl.

He chuckled weakly, but it came out hoarse and was cut off short when the world tilted dizzily and he let out a groan. Everything felt slow and faraway, and he could hardly understand the girl's words. Had she come to finish him off? It was strange, how fear didn't really accompany the thought, because everything was so distant and hazy and he felt so tired. A deep, primal part of him knew that if he slept, he wouldn't be waking again, but the pull was intense and it was getting harder and harder to resist it.

His head began to loll, but he jerked it back up, fighting hard to stay conscious.

"'M not...gonna beg..." Malak managed to say, and glanced up at her through hazy vision. It was a struggle to speak past his labored breaths. "If...if you're gonna do it...do it."

And then the world began to fade out as consciousness slipped.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

paganchick

Sapphira was very tempted to simply let the man die, rid the world of yet another person who had killed a dragon, until a thought crossed her mind. She could use the man, plus killing him like this was too easy, he needed to suffer some more before he kicked the bucket.

Her blood had healing powers when given freely, most dragons blood did, of course ingesting it was the best way to use it but it was just a tad bit too late for that. So now he would have to endure pain that would probably rip him out of his sleep. It would feel like liquid fire was coursing through his veins, she was told once that it was the most painful thing a man could endure, she of course didn't know. Sapphira cut her wrist with her sharp thumbnail, allowing her blood to start dripping into his wound. Her blood was a deep red, darker than humans, nearly black in color.

Before the man could get too awake, and moving in pain, she tied him to the tree he leaned against tightly, using a combination of his rope and her own. Then she moved to sit in front of him, so she could watch, knowing it would take a few minutes before it would take effect.

Rhindeer

The pain brought him back, horrible, fiery agony that ripped him out of the black of unconsciousness and hurled him back into the waking world. Malak came to with a scream, his body convulsing and back arching against the rope that bound him, and for long minutes he could not make sense of anything beyond the sharp burning in his side that spider-webbed out into his veins and pulsed through the rest of his body.

Finally, he calmed--not because the pain was less, but because the exhaustion was stronger--and was reduced to writhing where he sat, breathing labored and pained sounds escaping him between gasps.

And as his eyes finally adjusted, he saw her.

He said nothing, though. Even if he wanted to, he couldn't; pain stole his breath and his words.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

paganchick

Sapphira watched, her face cold to his pain. She had seen this before, this wasn't the first man she had healed with such methods, plus he was on her bad side. If anything she could keep injuring him and healing him for a while, that would be rather entertaining, letting him decide which was worse, the pain of the wound or the method of healing.

"The worst part of the healing is almost over," She said simply as she watched him blankly, not seeming to enjoy his pain, but not seeming bothered by it either.

Rhindeer

It was hard to speak through his agony, for it stole his breath and made it hard to think beyond the pain. But he heard her words, and he managed a breathless, disbelieving, "Healing?" in response.

paganchick

Sapphira nodded, "Yes, healing. Do you really think I would let you die that easy? After you shot me? After you admitted to killing my kind without a hint of remorse? You clearly don't know much about what you kill my friend. Like how every piece of a dragon is magical."

Rhindeer

Malak didn't answer her, but not because of the pain. That was starting to fade enough that he could think again, though it was still uncomfortable enough that even breathing hurt. But now it only felt like a broken rib instead of a million knives twisting inside him.

He made a soft huffing noise and looked away. Huh. So this was an interrogation, then.

paganchick

"So you are deaf now?" Sapphira asked crossing her arms.
"You know you can either make this easy on yourself, or you can make it hard. I personally don't care because it really doesn't affect me. If I were you though, I would want to take it the easy way considering I can put you through the pain you just felt, over and over and over," She explain, the expression on her face showed she was not kidding,

Rhindeer

Malak didn't look at her as he answered. Though his side was healing, though he was no longer in agony of at risk of bleeding to death, now he just felt tired. He sucked in a deep breath and let it out slowly. So the roles had been reversed and now the little dragon was going to posture at him. Ugh. He had enough of his wits back to realize this situation was actually kind of humiliating.

Dragon girl had been annoying enough as a prisoner, and now he had to endure it as a captive.

"Get to the point," he muttered. "What do you want?"

paganchick

"Did you kill the dragons," She said pointing at his necklace with a slight nod, "For someone, to sell the parts, or did you kill them just to kill them?" Sapphira's face grew cold, it was clear she was the predator here.
"I suggest you answer honestly, because if I think you are lying to try to save someone else, I will start chopping off fingers, and I can't grow someones fingers back," She growled.

Rhindeer

Malak gave her a dry look. "When a man's in a predicament like this, what makes you think they have anything to gain by lying when they already have nothing more to lose?"

He leaned his head back against the tree's trunk, eyes shut against the light. "I work alone, but I sell the parts to many."

paganchick

Sapphira laughed, "You would be surprised how many would lie to protect the people they sell to, some men value their money over their fingers," She spoke, glaring at him slightly.
"Do you sell to people in Adela? If you do, that has to be a select few, especially for dragon parts, even outside of Adela, there should be a select few, dragon pieces are full of power, yes, but are very tricky to work with."

Rhindeer

Malak barked a tired laugh that turned into a pained groan and a cough.

"Ngh...what? Adela? No. That's an excellent way to get caught, though." He coughed again and drew a deep breath, feeling a little claustrophobic with the ropes around his middle. "Got a lot of buyers in Zantaric."

paganchick

"I want names, simple. If I get there names, I will let you go. If I find out they are the wrong names, or fake names, I will hunt you back down. Trust me, I am just as good at hunting as you are, plus some. I have genetics and age on my side," Sapphira said leaning rather close to Malak.

If he gave her the right names, he basically signed their death certificates.

Rhindeer

A stricken look crossed his face at that demand. He grimaced.

"And if I don't know their names?"

paganchick

"Then you are going to help me find them, kapeesh?" Sapphira spoke, her voice sharp and full of venom. She reached forward, running her finger gently along his jaw line. Once I have their heads, you will be free to do as you wish, but I suggest you not kill any more dragons. If I don't I don't know," Sapphira looked down, county the teeth on the necklace, "Five heads, I'm going to rip your teeth out and string them on a necklace, then I am going to torture you in ways you can't even image before eating you for lunch, kapeesh?"

Rhindeer

Malak felt his heart sink. Oh boy. This was going to be a problem.

He tilted his head away to try and shake off her finger. "Either I'm not communicating properly, or you're not understanding me," he said, "and I'm not sure which it is. But you see, it's not that I wouldn't love to help you wreak bloody vengeance--it's that it's impossible. It's not just that I don't know their names, girl. I don't know their faces."

Another grimace. "Do you have any idea how many people I've traded with over the years?"

paganchick

Sapphira reached forward, grabbing his neck harshly, her nails digging into his skin sharply.

"Then I will give you two options. You are going to send word that you have killed another dragon, and I will kill the unlucky bastards that try to buy from you. That is your first option. Or for your second option, you can tell me what you can do for me and tell me why I shouldn't eat you for lunch... Because you know, now that I am talking about it. I am kind of hungry and nothing like lunch to soothe my fucking back," Sapphira growled before slamming her head rather roughly back into the tree then removing her hand so he could speak.

Rhindeer

Bright flashes of light filled Malak's vision when she slammed his head back against the tree, and splitting pain soon followed. He let out a groan, body tensing as he wanted to just curl up and hold his head, but the rope prevented him from doing much more than drawing his knees to his chest. For several long seconds he was quiet, eyes shut and breathing through clenched teeth as he waited for the pain to ebb and the accompanying nausea to pass.

Finally cracking an eye open, he rasped out, "I like option number two."