Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Wild Rumpus[Spice!]

Started by Winters-Feather, May 07, 2013, 11:40:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Winters-Feather

Karaya crouched low in the tall field of wheat, her eyes widening with excitement. She had been travelling for a while, and hadn't gotten a good catch for days.  At first, she had came to this farm because there were a lot of vegitables, but Karaya quickly abondened that mission when she saw the cage full of fat rabbits attached to the house. Her eyes were set on a particularly large white and gray one. However, she had to wait until the farmer went inside for his lunch. She amused herself by making a game out of it, but after a while it was getting REALLY boring. That was why when he finally laid down his tools to go inside, Karaya practically jumped to her feet.
Hurry up, hurry up..! she thought. The young wolf-girl practically bolted for the rabbit cage the moment the door was closed and locked behind him.

Karaya focused really hard to get her hands to transfer into claws before carefully unlocked the lid and pulled out the white and gray one she had her eyes on.
"Stay still, ya lil' bugger!" she muttered, struggling with the creature before finally breaking its neck. The rabbit yelped.
"Hush!" Karaya scolded it, but it was too late. A pair of angry eyes peered at her from the other side of the window. Karaya blinked for a moment.
Crap. Time to go!
She blew a raspberry before bolting into the wheat fields, adrenaline pumping through her. Karaya could hear the farmer yards behind her, shouting for her to come back and that he would butcher her. Karaya giggled manically as she bolted through the golden wheat fields, letting it conceal her small and thin body. Sh could hear the sound of dogs, too, which surprised her.
Where'd they come from? she thought.

Finally, she made it into the dense woods, the sky a canopy of leaves. Karaya wished she could slow down and cook the damned thing, but the dogs were gaining on her, somehow. Karaya picked up her pace. There was a clear stream not too far from here, she knew.
Dogs can't follow me there, she thought with a wolfish grin. Good thing, too. She was starving!

visualspice

It was late afternoon, the day warm and Sebastian, being lazy, took this opportunity to nap within the shade of an old oak tree.  He had just taken a dip in the waters, trying to calm and rid himself from some of the fleas he acquired, (a new infestation from his recent visit to town), when he had become tired (from both the bathing and the itching) that he curled up to nap. His boots were lazily cast to one side, his shirt, barely buttoned back up and exposing some of his chest and a few tufts of his hair there, and the bottom, was only half tucked into his pants. His hair remained a mop of curls and waves, as it was still wet and drying while the man lazily slept on a rock out in the sun where there was a break in the dense canopy of trees.

So when he heard the barking of dogs, the scent of another wolf (and freshly killed rabbit), he began to awaken. Though he was a lazy one, not entirely ready to wake up yet. Part of him hoped they'd run the other way as he tried to drift back off to sleep, but the scents and sounds were growing closer. So he turned his back towards it and sighed, nestling back into the warm, sunny rock and just ignoring the chaos that was ever approaching.

There were only two dogs anyways. He could deal with them if they happened to...
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
And the man was back asleep, the warmth of the sun having lulled him, despite his senses itching to want to steal the rabbit or his curiosity to check on the young wolf (or werewolf as it were). But he could smell she was a young one, so it was of no real consequence to him. She'd be able to out run the dogs...
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Winters-Feather

Once she got towards the waters Karaya giggled maniacally.  Man, were dogs so dumb! She began to wade over, enjoying the sensation of the cool water between her toes, when she noticed a figure across the stream lazily lying in the shelter of a rock. Karaya gawked at him. He was a well enough dressed figure, but that wasn't it. She sniffed the air. Wolf. He smelt of wolf! Karaya clutched to her rabbit, suddenly confused. She hadn't been around wolves for a long time- two years was forever!- and her time away had made her bold. Well, he didn't smell that much of a threat.

She curiously approached him. He looked asleep. Karaya looked over towards his discarded boots and down at her own bare feet. He was asleep.  The young girl pondered on stealing the shoes for a moment. She had time. Karaya grinned mischievously as she stealthily approached and grabbed the man's boots. Her ears picked up when the sound of dogs suddenly increased. Karaya tilted her her head up to see moving shadows between the trees. The young girl rolled her eyes, and darted  through the forest. Thrills ran down her spine as she practically skipped in excitement.

visualspice

His ears pricked up to the sounds of the approaching chaos-
that, and the thieving of his boots.
"Hey!" he barked out after her fleeting form, a remaining flea having becoming stirred and leaping into his eye. What the fuck!? Growling, he rubbed it away and got to his feet, just at the very moment the dog's crested the hill with a feral bark.

Gritting his teeth, Sebastian swore. "Shit." Why couldn't they just run the other way? He thought dog's hated water, but nope, these hounds dove right into the water (maybe it was cat's that hated water..). Baring his teeth, he swore again and leapt off his rock and landed into the tall reeds at the shore, pushing his way through in a hurry as he dashed off after the girl.

The scent of wolf was clear, as as the scent of his dirty, old boots. He'd get them from her soon enough,a nd shake the dog's while he was at it, but man, what a way to wake up after a nice afternoon of sleeping in the sun! So as he rushed forward and made grounds upon the girl, he figured leaping would be a much quicker method of travel.

So he leapt, landing in a tree, then leapt off a few more trees along the way in long, bounding jumps before he found himself quickly upon her. Then, in another long leap, he landed hard on the ground before her with a smirk and turned around, his shoulder hunched forward. With a fluff to his hair to push it out from his eyes (which failed to work anyways as the curls hung heavily in place), he casually put out a hand while his other leaned against a nearby tree.

"I do believe you have my boots," he said, smirking, and waited for the child to give them back.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Winters-Feather

Though Karaya wanted ever so much to think that she had lost the wolf and the dogs, she knew better.She could smell Sebastian in the air, even over the reek of his foul boots. She gritted her teeth. Her hands were full. If they weren't, she would have already drawn a knife to gut him the next time she saw him, wolf or not!
My boots, now, she stubbornly thought. 
Yes, Karaya could smell him nearby, but though she looked around, she couldn't see him. It was when she tossed a glance behind her when she hear the snapping of twigs right in front of her. Karaya took in a sharp breath as she immediately drew to a halt.

"Oi," she muttered with a frightful scowl. It wasn't fair that he caught up with her, even after being asleep and all. Karaya glared at the man with the floppy hair. She panted for breath, sweat forming on her  brow.  She hated the way how he just stood there, all easy like. She was about to snap something catty back, but then she heard the sound of dogs heading their direction.
"I only took one stinkin' rabbit!" Karaya exclaimed as she suddenly bolted towards the east, through the trees. She wasn't about to let go of either the boots or the rabbit quite so easily!

visualspice

Sebastian smirked. It was obvious he startled her, and she had no idea what to do as she tried juggling the rabbit and his boots. But at her line in defense, he quirked a brow, then turned from her as she ran away, hearing the dogs' snarls and barks coming from the other side of the trees. He bared his teeth, feeling the wolf inside him want to come out, but he held back for the moment and took off after the young girl.

"One stinkin' rabbit, and my boots. I'm sure you can steal a pair that might fit you a little better than those." He was almost upon her, grinning as the wind rushing through his hair actually worked to plaster more of it against his face. "I do have rather large feet, after all, little she-wolf."

There was no sense in hiding he knew what she was. And she was a really young wolf at that.
"Don't you know the silly laws with these humans?" His dark green eyes sparkled. "And besides, you should have waited to steal it at night." He grinned this time, baring his teeth as he kept pace at her side. "Then I could have helped you steal all of them."
He had (somewhat) of a plan to do that, after all. That is, if he hadn't been distracted with his fleas and sleeping.

Winters-Feather

Karaya frowned as Sebastian managed to keep up with her yet again. Her ears pricked up at the mention of her identity revealed. Karaya gave a wolfish grin at that. She wasn't surprised at all that he knew. Takes one to know one, after all.
"I can sell them," she retorted. "You ain't the only one out there with big, stinkin' feet!"
She was too proud to add the reason why she would sell them. In any case,  her words were only meant half heartedly. It was clear she wasn't going to get away with stealing the boots, but Karaya didn't want to let them go quiet yet. She frowned as Sebastian got too close. Karaya  slowed her pace so that she was a few paces behind him so that she could see him better. His words fascinated her.

"Screw humans and their laws. I was hungry," she scowled, but a light danced in her eyes at the mention of stealing all of the rabbits. 
That sounded perfect, but entirely too much so.
"Why would you help the likes of me?" Karaya challenged as she kept her grip tight on the boots. 

visualspice

"Why not?" His words simply pressed, he slowed down only slightly, keeping his head turned to her, but another eye on the path ahead. "I haven't had rabbit in a while, and farmer's keep theirs plump. They would cook well over a fire, or even eaten raw in such a state." He was salivating over the idea. "And if we wanted to get our hands on a bunch of rabbits, it would be hard for me to carry all of them." (though he had (almost)) managed something like it before, plus he saw no reason not to help her. She was a child after all, and it beat the bordeom he had been under when lazing about in the sunshine.

"Beside, what have I got to lose?" he said, smirking and scratching at his fleas. "And, " he then pointed to his boots. "I still want those back. They are mine." And a small glint of feralness shone within his eyes. Perhaps he also wanted to help her because he knew he was no alpha material, and her being so small, it was easy to dictate orders to a young pup when giving orders. That would certainly be a change of pace! And well, there was still a part of him that was meant to be part of a pack. A child was something he knew he could at least protect, farmer, dogs or other wise. Though, it wasn't like he was deducing that as he ran.
It was what it was.

Winters-Feather

Karaya listened to the stranger in silence. She grinned at the idea of eating the rabbits, ALL of them. Eating raw in her human form seemed disgusting, though, and she made a face to illustrate that point. At the feral look the stranger gave her, Karaya instinctively frowned and ducked her head. Her movements were subtle, but she seemed almost smaller.
He's right, she thought with a frustrated groan. She hated it when people she didn't know were right! How dare he be the boss of her! But  as Karaya  glared up at the stranger wolf-man, she knew that she should team up with him, for now.
Don't mean I have to trust him, she thought. So long as she got a rabbit or two out of this!

"Keep 'em then! They smell horrid," she growled as she picked up her pace and tossed the boots in his face. Then, all of a sudden, her face broke out in a geninue grin. Karaya almost looked innocent in the way children only could. She bit her lip and looked around the forest. She had passed through these parts before, and if she remembered correctly...
"This way, Floppy!"
She lead Sabestian to what seemed like a small rock wall. Beyond it, she knew was a field of red and golden flowers that would mask their scent entirely.

visualspice

Sebastian caught the boots and scrambled to keep after her. If it weren't for his long limbs, it would be more of a chore, but this racing around was getting the better of him as they took their chase into some sort of flowering meadows. And there was pollen and bugs everywhere, enough to catch wind of his nose as he paused, only briefly, as he sneezed. He used this moment to slip on his boots, catching the sound of the hounds still diligently behind them. "Are you sure we weren't safer in the woods?" He sneezed again, scratching at another flea. God damn bugs! He'd have to take another bath later.

Winters-Feather

Once in the field, Karaya crouched down low to hide in the flowers and tall, wild grass. She panted despireatly for breath, but tried to keep herself silent. She scowled at the stranger's sneezing and fussing.
"Shut up and get down!" she ordered. The girl tilted her head to the side as she watched him scratch himself, and then yelped a little when she realized why. She scooted away from the man just a little, giving him a look as if he had caught a deadly virus. Karaya hated fleas, though lice was worse, especially with her hair. She shuddered. This man better not have lice, or she was out of here! However, there was no time for questions when the dogs entered the fields, the farmer behind them. Karaya held her breath as they sniffed around. The farmer looked beat.
"Bah!" he finally spat. "Come on, boys!"
He lead his mutts away, rubbing his lower back.

Karaya practically squealed from joy when they were safely out of her line of vision.
"Did ya see that?! Did ya see that?!" she whispered, excited.

visualspice

Sebastian followed her lead, crouching down and keeping low. And after she began to make a fuss once the farmer and dogs were gone, he couldn't help but smirk at her excitement- smirk, and scratch more at his fleas.
"Yeah, I saw. I saw. I was right beside you," he said, giving a throughout scratching through his hair with a growl. His hair then fell into an unruly mess about his face as he sighed. "I might have to pay that river another visit." he said, picking out one flea nd pinching it dead between his fingers. "Damn human town gave me fleas."

Winters-Feather

The stranger wolf-man looked so silly with his hair all over the place that Karaya couldn't help but to fall into another fit of giggles.
"Right away," she said bluntly.
Karaya jumped to her feet and stretched. She hadn't had a run like that in a while and felt fantastic. She turned towards the stranger. Now that they were alone, Karaya had a lot of questions to ask her new, potential partner-in-crime.
"What human town, Floppy?" she asked as she began to walk towards the path that would lead to the stream.

visualspice

Sebastian gave a smirk.
"The illustrious city of Avendara." He gave a leisure shrug of his shoulder as he followed behind the hyper little girl. "Where there are meat pies, warm beds, and fleas. Definitely a city to behold." He wasn't sure if she'd get the sarcasm, and despite him being witty about it, the city was fine itself. Fleas aside, there was some nice company (especially for the right coin, or no coins at all if you were good with your tongue ), and the meat pies were actually good (He had stolen one while he was visiting. Though he was pretty sure when they claimed it was chicken, that it was definitely something else, like squirrel or perhaps even cat or deer. Or a mixture of all three, perhaps).
He'd hav e to try anothe rone when he was in town. Maybe Karaya and he could swing by there and have a taste- though,  the more he thought on it, he had to wonder why he would consider dragging the young pup to the city.
Well, perhaps he'd owe her that since she'd be the one to lead him ot the rabbits.

Mmm, rabbit. They would eat good tonight!

Winters-Feather

"Avendara," she repeated with a frown. Yeah, she had passed through there before. She didn't know what was so great about it, having missed the sarcasm entirely. It had been cold and rainy and it had been hard to find decent shelter. She ended up spending the night in some old stable, but got kicked out by an angry inn keeper. Some of the food she stole from the bins weren't half bad, though. Speaking of food... Karaya's stomach growled loudly.
"I'm so hungry!" she exclaimed, frustrated. The girl rubbed her stomach as they strolled through the forest path to the stream. The girl resolved to make a fire by the stream so that she could have some food while he bathed.
"So, Floppy-" Karaya continued, when she realized she was calling him by a nickname she automatically assigned. Karaya paused.
"Oi, do ya got a name?" she asked.

visualspice

At her complaints about being hungry, Sebastian only smirked.

"Well, cook up that rabbit. But tonight, just remember, we'll be dining on many." And he left her to tend to the meat. It seemed she knew what she was doing, so he let her work while he moved nearer to the stream, pushing buttons out of the holes as he rustled his shirt open and looked back at her when she asked his name. He kept a subtle smile, pulling his shirt up and over his head, exposing his bare chest, littered with bits of hair and scars here and there, and a lean array of muscle.
"Sebastian," he said, moving down to unbutton and delace the front of his pants. "Sebastian Caft."

And seeming not to care he as in the presence of a young girl, he dropped his pants and stepped out into the stream, pausing only briefly to study the waters. When he found a darker area, he walked out towards it and let himself sink down into the deeper waters, until he was completely submerged. He came up a minute later, sputtering out a single breath and smoothing back his hair with a large hand. It was here he paused to look back over at the child-wolf with a little more scrutiny in his green eyes, but then he went back to itching his head before he laid back within the waters and just let his scalp and hair soak while he stared up at the clouds.

"So have you got a name, pup?"

Winters-Feather

Karaya wasted no time in building a fire. The skill came as second nature to the young pup, and as Sabestian began to undress by the stream, her eyes lit up as the flames started to grow. She didn't mind his nakedness. It meant nothing to her- the men in her old pack were like that, too. It didn't intimidate her none, though Karaya couldn't help but to notice that Sebastian looked strong.
And survived a scrap or two, she thought, fascinated by the scars. One day she'd have some like that, too!

So his name was Sebastian Craft. Sebastian. Karaya wasn't one for dropping "Mr" or "ma'am" or "sirs." The girl supposed, though, she ought to call him Sebastian rather than Floppy. Karaya crossed her legs as she skinned the rabbit using one of her knives. It was a rough job. She managed to get it done properly with only some blood on her tunic. The girl hadn't bothered to even think about sharing her name until Sebastian popped his head out from the water and asked her, just as she was starting to turn the spit over.
"Yeah," she replied with a grin, her bright blue eyes meeting his green ones. "It's Karaya. Just that. So you're a loner too?"

visualspice

He continued to let himself float back, hair soaking in the waters. Her question carried over to him, and he could hear it, despite the stream moving beside his ear.

"Yeah, I have no pack," he shrugged and sat up, water spilling down him from where it had soaked up in his hair. He raked a hand through it, before shaking his head, and his whole body, much like a wet dog, before glancing over at her.
"Karaya.." he smirked. "Karaya the packless one." he said, trying out some semblance of a nick name.
Hey, she called him floppy, and had she been older, he might have been offended. Though he knew his nick names never stuck. It was too much effort. If anything, she'd be called Karaya, or just simply 'pup'. He moved out of hte waters now and sat beside the fires, letting the heat dry at his body. No sense in getting dressed when he'd just get his clothes all soaked, but he did manage to chance a glance over, and smirked, realizing she hadn't touched his boots. Good, at least she dropped that claim. I fhe had to, he'd challenge her and put the pup in place, but was relieved she seemed to be amicable enough. Perhaps the child knew pack etiquette well enough to know to obey her elders, though he had to wonder how old she actually was. He could only guess by smell, but sometimes he was god awfully inaccurate on guessing true age.

Winters-Feather

Karaya nodded at Sebastian's answer to her question, and inquired no further. She scowled at the title he bestowed her before pridefully sticking her nose up in the air. Yeah, she didn't need any pack! She could protect herself just fine on her own. When it was cooked enough, Karaya quickly picked the spit out of the fire, blew a few times and tried biting. Her effort to eat were only met with her pulling her head quickly back, her tongue sticking out.
"Burhs," she pouted, more to herself than to Sebastian who had sat beside the fire. She didn't mind his presence. For now, he was okay and he wasn't too close to her, besides. For a few content minutes, Karaya ate very noisily, ravishing the cooked meal. She was really hungry, and the first few bites only reminded her of the past few days she had gone without a real meal. Karaya ate the thing to the bone. She didn't bother to offer any to the man. He seemed fine, enough. Karaya let out a happy sigh when she was done.

"So full!" she squealed, wiping her mouth with the edge of her dirtied sleeve.
Her eyes darted over towards the stream. Karaya slowly stood up and walked towards the waters, enjoying the feel of the sand beneath her bare feet and the cool water. With a delighted giggle, she waded into the water. Her tunic fluffed up, so she dunk her whole body in so that the water weighed it down.  The water droplets clung to her curls and sparkled in the sun.
"So, Sebastian! How do we steal the rest of 'em?," she eagerly asked.

visualspice

Sebastian smirked.
"If you can't tell, I run pretty fast," he said, figuring he was dry enough as he began to pull on his clothes. "So the real plan is to wait for the rabbits to be unguarded, slip in there together and cut their throats, then take off with a sack full of 'em." His grin widened enough that it exposed his teeth. "If we need to, we could dispose of the dogs first, or at least make sure they are locked up. We could move a few crates infront of the farmer's door so he'll have trouble getting out and pursuing us right away. But the best time for rabbit stealing is after they've all gone to bed." His eyes sparkled at the idea. There couldbe other complications, but those were things they could deal with at the time- you know, if they were to even arise.