Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Second Chances

Started by visualspice, May 27, 2013, 07:02:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Before she had a chance to even react, she was in his arms and tossed over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes. Yelping, she squirmed over his shoulder.
"No, please! Put me down! I might hurt you!" She cried out, on the verge of tears.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Rhindeer

...She might hurt him?

That's what she was yelping about when he was the one hauling her around?

Baffled, Alexander continued onward to his home. "I think the cold may have gone to your head," he said, heading up the porch. "Just...please calm down. We'll get you warmed up, then I think it might be a good idea for you to get some sleep."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

visualspice

Kella was in tears by the time they reached the porch, but fear of touching him made her freeze up. What if she were to touch him again? He could lose.more.than just those few.seconds of memory.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Rhindeer

Kicking the door open, Alexander swept Kella into his home, and pushed the door closed with his foot. Once that was done, he swung her down and set her on her feet carefully, then looked her over with concern in his eyes.

"I don't mean to scare you, but I just don't think you realize what you'd be running off into," he said.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

visualspice

Once she was on her feet and had a chance to look him in the eyes, she began to shake as tears bubbled within her eyes.
"That was so foolish!" She sobbed, tears quickly blurring her vision. "You don't understand... No one will. I have to get out of this kingdom before... Before more people get hurt!"

Rhindeer

Alexander was beyond confused by now. With a deep breath, reaching for the deepest stores of his patience, he said, "Kella, I can't help you if you don't tell me what you mean. How are you a threat to anyone?"

visualspice

Kella remained cowered, staring back at him as tears clung to her eyes.
"Touch..." she began, her lips trembling as more tears rolled down her cheeks. "My touch it.... if you touch my skin I.." And she turned away, cringing and unable to look at him. "My touch... it is lethal."

Rhindeer

Alexander didn't say anything for a moment. He just looked at her, slowly processing her words. If she hadn't been in hysterics earlier, and wasn't still crying and looking terrified now, he might not have believed her. It was like something out of a fairy tale.

And yet, was that so far-fetched, with magecraft in the world?

"Oh," he said, expression sobering as everything suddenly fell into place. How panicked she was when he picked her up, her uneasiness around her gloves...

But even as he processed that, he didn't recoil from her. He just looked at her, a sad, sympathetic look softening his rough features, and let his breath out slowly. "Then I'll be sure to put on gloves," he said at last.

visualspice

Tears bubbled from her eyes and rolled down her cheeks in streams.
"N-no, you.. yo don't understand!" she said, but soon found herself sobbing weakly and pulling away. He was being too nice- and she had already hurt him. Oh, how this broke her heart!

Rhindeer

"No, I probably don't..." Alexander admitted with a frown. "But I understand what you've told me. Your touch is deadly. If you touch me, you could kill me. I'm not going to lie and say that isn't spooky, knowing that now after I was manhandling you, but...nothing about this explains why I should let you run into the night and the cold and get yourself killed from exposure or worse."

He rubbed his chin, playing with the beads braided into his beard. He kept his voice calm and level. A younger him would have panicked, most likely, and made rash decisions, but he had calmed over the years and gained a great deal of patience, all earned on the field. It was perhaps his experience over the years that kept him from being as spooked as he probably should have been.

But he'd seen some twisted things. And the worst of them had not been supernatural or magical in origin. A girl that was clearly terrified, upset, and guild-infested hardly compared. This was a woman who didn't want to hurt others, who was hell-bent on risking her own neck just to stay away from the possibility. How could he be frightened of her?

"All this tells me is that we'll just have to be careful not to bump each other. Surely that isn't that hard, now that we're on the same page? What are the limits of your curse? I'm assuming as long as there's a barrier between contact, it won't hurt, right? Considering I carried you over my shoulder with no ill effects."

visualspice

Kella went quiet- digesting all of this as her eyes remained wet with tears. But it took her some time to gather her thoughts as she wiped away some tears from her cheeks.

"It's... skin to skin, only," she admitted softly, still not looking up at him.

Rhindeer

Alexander flashed her a reassuring smile. "There now. See? It'll be alright. As long as we don't hold hands, or you don't slap my face when I'm insufferable, we'll be fine!"

visualspice

Still too full of worry to smile at his jest, she simply brushed away her tears.
"Thank you," she told him softly, her eyes still down cast, ashamed. "But I... we...." She sighed, words failing her. "I'd still like to leave as soon as possible."
And she hoped he did not take offense. Truly, it was not his fault or his hospitality, but her eyes, now lifted, implored him.

She could never forgive herself if she hurt someone, or killed someone, again.

Rhindeer

Alexander gave a slow nod, though he didn't like it. He didn't like the idea of her out there all alone.

"Just...stay until it's safe to travel. Please," he said. "You're not a burden and you're not encroaching, Kella. And I'm not afraid of you. I just don't want you to be hurt."

visualspice

Kella dropped her gaze at his reaction. She only shook her head.
"If I were to stay here until it is safer, I might never leave," she told him softly. "And I need to be anywhere but here. No where here is safe for me."

Rhindeer

That was true. Connlaoth was...not a good place for mages. But Alexander still couldn't help his guilt, and worry.

He let out a low sigh. "Where do you plan on going?"

visualspice

Kella's eyes flashed up to his before quickly averting to her lap.
She wasn't sure if she should tell him, but she was a terrible liar, and she did not wish to deceive him if she did not truly have to. So meekly she replied, almost too soft to hear...
"Serendipity." But she was obviously still so very far away...

Rhindeer

"That's a long journey..." Alexander said, scratching at his beard. "But a smart move, I reckon. If any place would know what to do about your problem, I suppose it would be them...still, you gotta go through mountains teeming with brigands and soldiers alike..."

Cocking his head as he looked Kella over, he said, "What's your plan for getting there? I don't see you carrying much, unless you have things hidden in your clothes."

visualspice

Kella frowned. SHe wanted to trust this kind stranger, but her fear was set deep. At his query, she dropped her gaze and nervously wrung her hands.

"I travel with what I have... to escape this land.. it was out of desperation. Survival came second to my escape," came her reply, softly.

Rhindeer

Alexander nodded at that, unsurprised but still grim.

"Well, you aren't going to escape very well if you don't survive," he said with a wry, thin smile. "So at the very least, let me show you around market so you can get some things you'll need. And at the very least, you'll need something to defend yourself with. A lady like you shouldn't be out there without knowing how to protect yourself."