Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Second Chances

Started by visualspice, May 27, 2013, 07:02:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Caught off guard at such a proposition, her eyes grew large and owlish as she blinked.
"Protect myself?"
No true physical harm could come to her.. did he forget about her magics? However, it wasn't like she was immune to death. Either way, she frowned and stared at him questionably.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Rhindeer

"Well, yeah, you--" He caught her look, blinked at her confusion--and then it clicked. Ah. Right. Did she think herself invulnerable, just because she could kill with a touch?

He shook his head. "Yeah. Protect yourself," he repeated, tapping the floor with his boot. "People can hurt you--kill you--without ever laying a hand on you. That's what swords are for." An amused smile tugged at his lips, but he fought it back.

"Not to mention arrows and bullets. Does anyone else know about your...ability? Anyone that does would certainly not be trying to get handsy with you."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

visualspice

Her gaze dropped as her shoulders drooped. There was really only two people alive in the world that knew this secret.
"My.. my cousin, she knows about it," she went on, her throat dry and she, finding it hard to get the words out. "And... And my brother."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Rhindeer

"How likely are they to tell other people?" Alexander asked.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

visualspice

She shook her head and her eyes shot up to his.
"Oh! They would not tell a soul!" And the sincerity was there. She truly believed that, even if her brother had become deranged. Because well...
He held the same secret, too.
"I'd trust either with my life!"
Except...
Blaith......

What could she even consider him to be now? He was her only family- and now she was alone.

Rhindeer

Alexander narrowed his eyes, almost imperceptibly. There was sincerity in her words, but something about her demeanor at the end that had him wondering. He ignored it for the moment, though; he didn't want to project his own doubts onto her.

"I hope you're right," he said, and looked curiously at her. "Why aren't they helping you?"

visualspice

Kella's eyes went large in shock at such a question before they dropped. Her hands were wringing as she stuttered, "I ... I didn't want to inconvenience them. My family... if they were to help..."

But how could she explain it? And the more she thought about the, the worst her lying words came out that she could have cried.

Rhindeer

"Inconvenience them?" Alexander repeated, a little horrified by that statement. "Kella, I think your family'd want to help their kid. That they'd be horrified to know she's in a life or death situation."

visualspice

Kella winced and dropped her gaze.
"It.. it's not like that."

Rhindeer

"What is it like, then?" And then, a pause as Alexander thought he might be catching on. "...The people after you?"

visualspice

Kella kept quiet, her gaze to her feet.
"I... I'd rather not talk about it, please," she went on, nervously fussing at her gloves.

Rhindeer

Alexander drew in a slow breath, but let the subject drop. "Either way, as I was saying, you should be able to defend yourself against whoever would hurt you. Whoever's after you. Fleeing like a rabbit only does you so much good until the wolves get you backed into a corner. If you're really intent on doing this..."

He frowned down at her. "At least let me show you a few things to help your chances."

visualspice

Curiously, she peered at him.
"Like what?" she asked, softly.

Rhindeer

"Like how to handle a sword," Alexander answered with a small smile.

visualspice

Kella's eyes went large as she gasped, "A sword? Oh! But I wouldn't know the first thing about how to use one!"

Rhindeer

"Well, that's why I said I'd teach ya," Alexander said, biting back his laugh at the expression on her face.

"Don't worry, anyone can use one. Don't you believe that nonsense that only men can learn how to fight. Mordecai and Lilies prove otherwise, and besides..." He frowned. "I think any woman ought to know how to defend herself, considering the world we live in."

visualspice

"It.. Its a nice thought but..." she but her lip. "I don't think we"d have the time. I... I shouldn't stay longer than the day. I fear I've already stayed too long."

Rhindeer

"Well, we certainly won't have time if we spend it debating this," Alexander said with a gentle smile to show he was teasing--though there was concern in his eyes beneath the humor.

visualspice

Kella stared at him for a moment before she realized he was teasing her and her cheeks heated and she dropped her gaze.
"No.. I.. suppose you're right." And she moved uncomfortably. Even though she was still far away from home... She couldn't help but feel as if she were being hunted, even as she slept. It wasn't until she found herself suddenly yawning that she realized how little sleep she had been getting. She kept her eyes to the floor.

"Would you mind if I slept now? I... I'm not sure when I'll have the chance to do so and I fear I won't be much company other wise." SHe didn't like being moody around others, especially strangers- Kind strangers the most.

Rhindeer

"Ah, of course. My apologies, I didn't mean to keep you up," Alexander said, taking a step back. He could imagine she must be exhausted from the excitement of the day--and that little incident moments ago couldn't have helped.

"My bed's yours. I'll be right out here. If you need anything in the night, don't be afraid to wake me, alright?"