Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The art of the Fox!

Started by Klezmer Gryphon, June 11, 2013, 07:40:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klezmer Gryphon

Well.... Lets see........ Oh, yes..... *shuffles through art portfolio*

Yes, there's this one, and this one, oh, and this one, too

And, hopefully, I will have more up soon. As you can see, I draw a lot of furries!

Klezmer Gryphon

And, here's another one. Actually drew this up today....

Klezmer Gryphon

And yet another picture.... Although, I should really think about getting a scanner, 'cause the camera on my iPad and my phone are just not cutting it....

Critiques and comments are welcome, guys!

visualspice

Thats pretty cool! The drawing shows a lot of depth.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Klezmer Gryphon

^ That is really more a picture of my new pocket watch, but there is a sketch of Aldéric in there, too.

visualspice

Nice pocket watch XD I love pocket watches :T
I bought myself one a few years back with a steam train on it :T *loves steam trains*

But nice drawing :D
Ugh, pencils- I have refused to use pencils since the end of my college career XD they're so messy, and I do digital artwork so I have more room to make mistakes (and hide those mistakes! lol)

But I like the design! Are you planning on coloring it or just keeping it as a sketch?
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Klezmer Gryphon

I'll probably leave it as a sketch for now. This was more or less to get a general feel for what the character might look like, but I figured it was worth showing.

And I love pencils! So much cheaper than a drawing tablet... XD

visualspice

If i don't use my tablet, I draw in ink XD
I just dont like pencils anymore lol
they get lead all of my hands and are so messy x.x
then again, I always get ink all over me anyways so...
XD

Klezmer Gryphon

Here's something I drew up in art class while we were watching a movie on Winslow Homer. Guess I should really be paying attention to the movie, but, oh well lol. You can tell which of the two sketches I put more effort into XD

visualspice

Nice drawings XD
the gryphony one is all like "CAN WE PLAY?!" or something
and those ears are adorable~

Klezmer Gryphon

While I was digging around for some more pictures, I found a bunch of ancient relics.... I can't seem to understand them lol (These are from when I first began to draw, which was like oh... 3-4 years ago... Bring these up in a conversation, and I shall reject your reality and substitute my own! XD)

These are just the ones I dug out my old sketch pads.... I'm not even going to delve into my old folders full of old pictures...

Klezmer Gryphon

Haha! I think I have found a new medium to use: Markers!

Here's my pic of François without any color

Here's that same picture with colored pencils (sorry for the crappy lighting)

And finally colored with markers

Klezmer Gryphon

And now for something completely different:

This is actually a map of a world my friend and I are making. It took me a while to color this, as this is actually a scaled up version of the original, which is in one of my sketchbooks somewhere. So far, we don't have an official name for this world, but I think that will be on the agenda when my friend visits on Tuesday.

Also, I apologize for the size. I took this on my phone, and didn't realize it would be quite that big on a computer XD

Looshi

Oh wow, that's a pretty awesome map. Great job!

visualspice

oh nice, I love the details on this ^_^ nicely done

Klezmer Gryphon

So, here's a couple of pictures I drew pretty recently. I think I went a little overboard with the effects on the pic of Vivianne (on the right), but I don't think anyone will mind :P

visualspice

Very nice! I like the style you use to sketch these. It adds a lot of personality/ texture to the pieces :)

Klezmer Gryphon

Thank you! I tend to do more hatching and cross-hatching with some of my more recent drawings, but Evander I felt needed something a little different, so I went with whatever you would call that style of shading/texturing/whatever-the-technical-term-is.

visualspice

yeah, cross hatching is fun ^_^
Well, keep up with the art :D
I always promote it!
ART IS GOOD FOR THE SOUL!

Klezmer Gryphon

And here is a picture of one of my favorite characters, Liarri Delmoire. She looks very much the part of the local innkeeper, does she not? :P

Tags: