Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Talking Things Out (Clever-Fox)

Started by Brisinger987, October 30, 2013, 02:08:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brisinger987

Veraxitoc had flown here at such speed, that he had actually had to fly to his own limit to slow himself down, and not hurt himself by hitting anything that he didn't see.

It was so much for him to process, and even at 2000 years old, he felt so overwhelmed.

He had only just come to terms with what he had done, and then the problem is churned right back up form him to deal with, along with a new problem.

Loreiaka came back, claiming to be Methusela's mother.

That had thrown everything to the wind for Veraxitoc. Because as he sat on Dragontop mountain, he pondered one prospect, and how to get around it.

He was Methusela's father.

It made sense. After all, Veraxitoc had agreed to have children with Loreiaka. She must have hidden the eggs before he killed her. That was the only explanation.

So where were the eggs?

It was all too much, and he felt sick. So sick. This feeling was alien. He wasn't ill but he felt sick. And it was worse the closer he was to the statue that the monks had placed here, long before he had slept atop this mountain.

No, not sick. Aggravated. Defensive, protective, alert. All of them thrown into one.

So as he dismantled the statue with his claws, he pondered on whether it was really right to do this.

Klezmer Gryphon

When Yumi told Taliesin that she was carrying his child, he was quite shocked about it. Just hearing the words come out of her mouth made him feel a wave of emotion flood his mind. He needed to think about it, to come to terms with this revelation...

The mountains seemed like a good place. A place he could find some solitude. A place he could find peace. As he flew through the Thunderblacks searching for spot to land, something caught the black dragon's eye. Another dragon.... Not necessarily a strange sight in itself, but what made him curious is the act. This other dragon was tearing apart a statue...

Brisinger987

As Veraxitoc tore into the hug stone statue he found himself getting more and more aggressive, carelessly ripping chunks out of the statue just because he didn't feel right around it all of a sudden. It was unlike him, but impulse made him do it, and right now, he had no reason not to.

Then he spotted the other dragon and stopped, staring, before shouting up. "What're you looking at? Can a man not tear apart a 1,800 year old statue of religious, cultural and social importance in peace?!" The words showed that he clearly knew what he was doing anyway. Or to him they did.

Klezmer Gryphon

Taliesin blinked and stared for a moment. After nine millennia of being imprisoned with his dearest friend, his pride and temper had been brought down considerably, but it still surfaced every now and again. This was one of those moments...

With out a word, he landed and gave a long, glaring leer, flaring his wings with authority, as if to proclaim that he was a king.

"In my days as a king, a tyrant, if you so choose, I tore down many a statue that I deemed blasphemous. After meeting my future mate, my urge to destroy and deface calmed down, and after nine thousand years of imprisonment with her, that urge to destroy has disappeared entirely! I don't care if you are king of the world; you will cease this meaningless destruction at once!" He roared into the other dragon's face.

Brisinger987

"Odd... I'm here because of my recently resurrected mate, and you're stopping me taking my frustrations out because of the respect and temperament that your mate has given you... I find that somewhat curious personally..." Veraxitoc was wary of the way there was no mate of this dragon's in sight, and how the dragon had referred to itself as a tyrant. In Veraxitoc's eyes, he hadn't seen any proof that this dragon was not still as malevolent as it made itself out to be.

"Excuse me if I seem cautious about you, not many people introduce themselves as ex-tyrants."

Klezmer Gryphon

"Most probably don't." Taliesin said, in almost a whisper. He thought for a moment about how to explain himself... Then remembered that the Scáth were infamous legends among dragons.

"Does the word Scáth ring a bell?" He asked, now curled around what remained of the statue. He was tired for some reason; it might have been age, or it might have been the recent revelation. Either way, he didn't feel like standing.

Brisinger987

"Only from memories of legends my adoptive family used to tell me. I heard they were great tyrants, ruling the land in their own way. Thirteen if I remember correctly?" Veraxitoc tried to recall the legend in his head.

Klezmer Gryphon

"There were twelve, and we ruled our lands with iron fists...." Taliesin recalled, trailing off into memories long ago. With a deep breath, he continued his recollection.

"Some of us were absolutely sadistic, burning down towns for the sake of destruction and watching weaker beings suffer...." He said with a sigh and a shake of his head, "A few of us were a little more temperamental, demanding heavy tribute and such..."

He paused. He thought for a moment of how to explain the fact that he changed. It certainly would take some effort, given the horrible reputation the Scáth had with their subjects. With a sigh, he simply looked at the other dragon from his position on the statue.

Brisinger987

"A scáth?!" Veraxitoc's voice changed from his usual, casual tone to one of a sound that could only be described as fear. But if this scáth really was as bad as he made them out to be, why wasn't Veraxitoc dead?

"Why should I believe you've changed?" Veraxitoc was about to be serious about it. Until he realised that he needed to be asking the same question to Loreiaka.

"You know, that's funny, that's what I should be asking my mate. So you say your mate changed you?" He backed off a little, knowing change was perfectly possible.

Klezmer Gryphon

The surprised tone in the dragon's voice didn't really concern Taliesin. With a yawn, he uncoiled from the statue's remnants and started walking around him, taking really no interest in the questions asked of him.

"If my mate hadn't changed me, would you still be standing here?" He queried as he stopped to look the other dragon in the eyes. The Scáth held his gaze, waiting for an answer.

Brisinger987

"Your point is valid... We shall see. So tell me, why are you not with your mate now?" Veraxitoc was curious. He himself had a very valid explanation. But this Scáth might not.

"Mine is back at my colony, where she is readjusting to being alive."

Klezmer Gryphon

With yet another yawn, Taliesin again coiled around the statue. He wasn't sure why he was drawn to it; it wasn't like it had any sort of importance or special meaning to him. At any rate, this other dragon had asked a valid question.

"My mate, Yumi, is in La'Marri at the moment. We are expecting a child in the near future, and I was out here looking for a place to settle down with her," he explained, looking down at the valleys below them. His statement was true to an extent. He was indeed looking for a place to settle, but he left out the part about wanting to come to terms with the fact that he was going to be a father.

Brisinger987

"Well, you've got new life on the way. That's always something good. I've got to deal with seeing ghosts, and everyone else being able to see the ghost. She just turns up, bumps into me clumsily, and suddenly remembers that she's been dead nearly 2000 years. Women eh?" Veraxitoc sighed. How did one deal with a ghost, especially one that's had children belonging to you.

"How do you come to terms with the resurrected dead? I mean, it's not something that happens, just finding out the one you loved most is still alive and has just turned up like nothing happened."