Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Dragon's Daughter

Started by Widow15, October 31, 2013, 06:26:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Widow15

Zsasira was the daughter of a great dragon. Her hair was a long, curly mess of purple, her skin was tinted gold. She had the red eyes of her father and the black wings that folded neatly to her back. Zsasira had a rebelious personality. Her father would warn her of the dangers of the black forest, and she would venture there. Her father would tell stories of dragons burning when they fly too close to the sun, and she would fly higher than before. Her father always told her to stay away from any human town, and guess where she was heading now. Zsasira had never before met a human, for her father would always keep her near him. But now she was old enough to go out to the world on her own, and meeting a human was first on her list. Since she looked somewhat human herself, she diden't think it would be that difficult.

wolfie

The woods were nice for this area. Because of her past though she knew better than to think they were safe though. She didn't wish her past to repeat itself. She listened to the area around her ready to change into her dragon form if necessary. She heard it before it even began to draw closer to her.

"Hello," she called out hoping not to take the being by too much surprise. She liked these walks in the woods not realizing of course there were other dragons nearby. Alerri had heard of other clans, but hadn't had the pleasure of ever meeting them.

Widow15

Zsasira looked over in surprise. "Oh! Hello!" Was that anouther dragon? Zsasira's father never told her of others. She walked calmly over to the girl, letting her black wings relax against her back. This person seems nice, she thought, smiling. "My name is Zsasira. What is yours?"

wolfie

She watched as the other one walked over to her. There was no fear no hesitation. It was like this gal didn't know what she was walking toward... or did she. She heard the name and thought it a bit odd for a human, then again most were odd and she was in a different place again. Travel seemed to be something she was getting used to.

"Hi there, glad to see another about. I'm Alerri. You heading somewhere? What's with the wings?" She said trying to appear totally human. She had a feeling that wasn't possible though. She had yet to truly fool anyone yet.

Widow15

Zsasira smiled cheerfully at Alerri, her bubbly nature showing brightly. "Hey there Alerri! I was just heading to a human village, to meet some people! And these," she said, showing her black wings fully. "Are  my dragon wings! My father's name is Dracio, the great black dragon of this land! I'm only part dragon, though. My mother was human." She then let her smile fade, still keeping her cheeerful glow. "You're not human either, are you? I can tell."

wolfie

She smiled listening to the gal. It was nice meeting others. And there it was a half dragon who could tell she wasn't human. She sighed wondering if she would ever fool anyone. She had a feeling she never would and that she would just have to live with that.

"No I'm not human. I'm actually full dragon who can shift into this form. Do you know how to fly with those? I'm not sure heading to the village is a good idea," she said remembering seeing how they treated those who were different. She wanted to shield the girl from any pain that might come her way. Sometimes though one must learn from experience. She thought remembering hers.

"If you still want to go I'll go with you. All I ask is that you not tell them I'm a dragon. It's part of an experiment I'm doing I am trying to learn what it is like to be a human. They are fascinating creatures," Alerri said with a smile.

Widow15

"Oh, wow!" Zsasira said in awe. "So you can change form! That's so amazing!" She had never met a dragon of that sort before in her life. She had barely met anyone, because of the fierce image of her father. "Ya, I can use my wings! My father taught me. And sure, you can come with me! I won't tell anyone that your a dragon. I can't wait to meet my first human!" She said with a smile.

wolfie

"There are several different types of dragons in the world. I've met one or two other kinds before. Can you change form?" She asked having a feeling the girl couldn't do so. Alerri wondered if she shouldn't also meet Zsasira's father as well. It would do good to be on the good side of a dragon around these parts no matter what her intentions were. She wasn't a troublemaker.

"Humans aren't all that at times. It depends on who you meet first," she said remembering her first run in. She had quite the time with that. She wouldn't have traded that adventure for anything especially making that dragon out of mud. At least I can be there if she needs help. She thought keeping it to herself. She wasn't about to show off all her abilities.

Widow15

Zsasira sighed, looking down. "Yea, my father says the same thing about humans. But, if my mother was nice, and she was human, there must be others like her!" She then shook her head, frowning slightly. "But, no, I can't change shape. I was born like this."

wolfie

"You are right there are some good humans out there, but they aren't always easy to spot," she said being honest. Now was no time to sugar coat the world especial to a girl who had dragon wings. It was possible they would run into trouble, and Alerri was ready for that.

"It's okay not everyone can. There is nothing wrong with being born like that no matter what anyone says. Your father sounds like a smart man you are lucky to know who he is. Don't worry I was rebellious too or we wouldn't have met. I would still be at home if I listened to my elders. I understand wanting to go out and explore," she said smiling. She had been glad of some parts of her adventure and regretful of others. She just had to keep going though there were still lots she had to learn.

Widow15

Zsasira smiled again, brightly. Good, there was someone like her. Her father was a wise dragon. He was a legendary, and used to be the fiercest of the kand, until she was born. Now, he was constently worreid for her. Zsasira was his life. "Thanks! So, should we get going then? There's a nearby village."

wolfie

She watched the girl smile again happy to see that. She liked others better happy than sad. She wasn't sure what going against Zsasira's father would do, but she was ready for that if it came. At least she would be around to protect his daughter that should help some in her defense. She knew the feel the look of wanting to go out and explore. It was why she was out now in the world. She wasn't that old of a dragon, but that didn't matter she had awhile before she had to worry about the world noticing she didn't age like they did.

"Definitely. I must have missed the village," she said turning to head in the same direction as this one. She had done so on purpose, but she wasn't about to admit that to the girl. She didn't always go into villages so she could spread her wings. She was in need of that, but it could wait this was way more important.

"What is your family like?"

Zsasira smiled again, brightly. Good, there was someone like her. Her father was a wise dragon. He was a legendary, and used to be the fiercest of the kand, until she was born. Now, he was constently worreid for her. Zsasira was his life. "Thanks! So, should we get going then? There's a nearby village."
[/quote]

Widow15

Zsasira shrugged, kicking a rock, and started walking along with Alerri, her black wings folding neatly to her back. "Well, I didn't really know my mother that much, but my father told me she was nuce and pretty, with long, white hair. My father's name is Dracio, the great black-wing dragon. He's really overprotective of me, his only child and all. But, I know he cares for me." Taking a silver cloak, she covered her wings before they came to the village.  "What about you?"

wolfie

"I'm sorry to hear about your mother. I'm guessing he means well it's better he shows he cares for you. I never knew my parents in our clan we hatch from eggs in a room with other eggs. One being takes care of a handful, but they are our mentors not our parents. We never learn who they are. We are taught in a collective group of younglings just what is expected from dragons," she said sharing about her home. It seemed a good time since she shared about hers. She had yet to miss it though nobody picked on her out here unless she allowed it, which wasn't often. After all she still had a lot to learn of the world.

"It wasn't all bad. I remember making the instructors mad with all my questions," Alerri said chuckling. She loved to do that. She was trying hard not to ask too many now. She wasn't sure what her new travelling companion could answer and what was beyond her intellectual reach. Alerri also didn't want to offend the girl.

Widow15

Zsasira laughed brightly, nodding her head. "Haha, that sounds hilarious! I used to do the same to my father. I was always asking questions of the outside world. Itwould drive my father mad." As she walked along with Alerri, the large plains soon turned into dense forest.

wolfie

"I found it didn't take long for them to want to leave me alone. However it can be quite lonely as a dragon when the others don't want anything to do with you though," she said as the surroundings changed a little. She looked around being alert she didn't want any surprises to crop up.

"So that is why you want to visit this village? To defy your father?"

Widow15

Zsasira sighed. "Well, in a way. I would like to show my father that I am not a weak little thing to keep hidden from the world. He has never let me venture out on my own, so how else am I to see the world but to defy him and see for myself? Plus, I am halve human, so I would like to see what my other halve is like."

wolfie

"I understand better than anyone would. I left home too and they didn't want me to. If I listened I wouldn't have experienced half of the fun and exciting things on this journey. However there are things I went through that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. That's life though. Good or bad we must experience these things," she said not sure what to tell her about being human. Sure she wore it like a skin and pretended to be one, but she wasn't human. It was something she knew would never happen. She would remain dragon all her days.

"They are a unique bunch. I'm not sure what to tell you honestly. Did you have any questions about them?"