Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Who Do you Wish to Become?

Started by visualspice, November 14, 2013, 02:05:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

OOC: This takes place after this thread.
And this is officially my shortest intro, EVER D8

---------------

"A masked ball?" Leif crinkled his nose at the invitation after cutting it open with a knife. He was too lazy to get a letter opener, and shook his head and tossed it onto the desk. "The Grand Duke must have gone mad. Has he forgotten the rise in taxes since the war? What does he think he's doing hosting a party?" He shook his head and leaned back in his chair. He and Valentina were actually sharing a rare, nice evening together, but when the letter arrived, Leif suddenly found himself in a soured mood.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Caerina

Valentina watched as her husband fussed over the letter in front of him. She was quite aware that he wasn't a social butterfly by no means, but still had problems understanding him. Valentina picked up the letter that he tossed away and read it, interested in the contents.
"You know, perhaps it's not such a bad idea for us to go." her eyes scanned the paper once again"Might be fun." she suggested.
Also, it has been ages since she went out, so it might be a good chance to see what the society has been up to. And what is the situation with the mages, of course.

visualspice

Leif sighed, feeling the tension from both his masked persona, and the fact he's been hiding his 'dead' (but now very much alive) sister from his own wife, that he was almost at his limits as far as all these secrets were concerned. And stress. At random times he'd find himself quarreling with Valentina, even after they had such a long run of a more or less 'healthy' relationship.
But lately, due to Attalia's sudden appearance again- and now knowing the horrors of what the church was doing to mages, he had turned into some over protective dog.

"What?" his voice snapped as he looked up at her, and then yanked the letter. "Why would it be a good idea?" And then he wrinkled his nose. Fun?
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Caerina

Valentina threw him a questioning glance. She couldn't remember when was the last time they went out, or for that matter when did she leave the house last time. Those were rare occurrences, and Valentina was bored and tired of spending all of her days indoors. She read half of the library and remembered every corner of the Keep. Yet, something just didn't fit right.

"Because i can't remember the last time I went on a ball." she frowned.

visualspice

"Yes.. well, it's too dangerous," Leif scoffed. "Who does the Grand Duke think he is anyways? Doesn't he realize the dangers of hosting such an event at a time like this?"

Caerina

Her frown deepened as she looked at him.
"I think we should go." she continued "Besides, I doubt anyone would try to do something on such a big and well guarded event."

visualspice

Leif drew in a tired, irksome sigh as he rose from his desk.
"Valentina, you know it's too dangerous to go. WHy would you try to fight me on this? Don't you recall what happened at our wedding?"
And turning away from her with a scowl, he stormed off. "I'll be in my room. I don't think I'm hungry enough for supper tonight." And he stormed off.

Caerina

That was when Valentina got a clear idea that something was indeed wrong. She rose up from her chair and ran off after him
"So what..You are just going to walk away?." she talked to his back as she was walking behind him "Don't you think I also get to say something on the subject?" Valentina pushed.

visualspice

As Leif walked, stomping his way up the stairs, he tried to ignore her.
"Don't make this about you, Valentina," he growled beneath his breath. "I'm not here to argue."

Caerina

She frowned and continued following him.
"No, you're just here to ignore me." her voice was sarcastic "I want to go to that ball."
She couldn't quite believe what they were arguing about. She rarely asked anything from him anyway.

visualspice

Leif growled as he continued storming up the steps. Gods, there were so many steps in this damn manor house!
"Valentina! Don't you start an argument! You, of all people, should know my disgust for events such as these. And how much I abhor the Grand Duke. Attending will only show I support him-" And he paused at the top of the steps to glare back at her. "Which I don't. Do you really want to make it seem as if we're supporting that monster?"

Caerina

"I don't care about the damn Grand Duke or his supporters." she said with a deep frown "I want to go to the ball because I haven't been in ages. And, as strange as it sounds I do have friends that I might want to see." Valentina said a bit harsher but obviously angry with his words. The whole world didn't spin around him, and she was going to prove it.

visualspice

Leif, a bit taken by her words, blinked at her a moment before he scowled.
"That's the end of this discussion for tonight, Valentina. I need to retire to my room." And he turned from her. "I have a head ache."

OOC: lol it'd be funny if they argue over this for a few days before he finally agrees OUT OF GUILT D8
Maybe he makes her cry during one of their arguments? hrmmm

Leif would be enough of an ass to push his luck and make her cry D8
Valentina tears- his only weakness 8D!

Caerina

OOC: Oh, I assure you there will be no rest for him until she gets what she wants.. Tears, yelling, ignoring everything is on! ^^

Valentina was now really angry, but contained herself. She hissed a 'fine' under her breath and walked away to her room, not bothering to look back at him. She had no intentions of letting this go so soon. This discussion was far from over.

visualspice

The next day, Leif had awoken early, and was enjoying tea on their veranda out back that over looked their expansive amount of land, and also had an entry to the gardens. The blue bell flowers were blooming, as were the white-jasmin bushes (or so he liked to call them) and the scene was just surreal. It was a beautiful day, the birds were singing and Leif, actually appearing to be quite content as he read through a letter he had received from Attalia.

He felt guilty for needign to lock up his sister, much like he had to do with his wife, but the world was so unsafe for them- and his paranoia was ever growing. But to see Attie was doing ok on her own, albiet, she seemed cooped up and frustrated, much like Valentina, he understood, though only partially, her woes.

Sipping at his tea, he took a bite of his butter and jellied crumpet and went back to seeing what the Duke of Allar had written him as well....

Caerina

Valentina was in poor mood. She barely got any sleep from last night and all she could think about was what should she do about the argument she had with Leif. After all, he couldn't have hoped to keep her inside the Keep forever. She is, after all, quite a people loving person and although sometimes too honest, she did have a lot of friends she missed. The only thing that bugged her was why Leif was so intent on not going.

She was reading a book for hours and hours, not really eating any of the meals, she just didn't feel like seeing Leif or worse, talking to him. She sat in the living room, aware he was on the veranda, trying her hardest to avoid him as much as she could. She didn't want to talk to him, not until he promised to take her to the ball. Perhaps it was childish, but Valentina didn't care. She continued reading her book, as the day dragged along.

visualspice

It wasn't until dinner time did Leif realize his wife had been avoiding him. Especially when their servant came back to tell them she was no where to be seen. Frowning, Leif got up from the table, thanked the maid and decided to look for Valentina himself. STalking through the keep, he kept his eyes peeled for her- but where could she possibly hide from him in this place? Granted, the keep was enormous.. but even still...
Sighing, he glanced into her room- but nothing. In the study.. nothing.
Then he realized, with a tired sigh, she must be in the gardens, and made his way to them.

Caerina

After finishing with reading of her book, Valentina decided it was probably time for her to rest a bit. Taking a paper and some ink she decided to go to her only sanctuary, the gardens. Although somewhat smaller than at his other home, gardens at the Keep were also quite beautiful and made a perfect hideout when she needed it the mose. She sat near one of the small garden tables and decided to try and answer some of the recent letters she got.

It wasn't quite the smartest thing to do, since her concentration was bad and she had zero ideas on what to write. Her ink then spilled over the paper and she let out a curse under her breath. She knew what was the problem...

visualspice

Spotting his wife, Leif made quick work to approach her, but hesitated when he saw her mood. Reflecting back tot he night's argument, he wondered if she was still upset? Swallowing the thought back and steeling himself, he thought better of it. It was for her own good, after all.

Clearing his throat, he remained behind her, arms folded behind his back.
"Lady Arrant, the servant could ont find you so I figured I'd come see where you have gone. Dinner is ready and if we do not hurry, the quail will get cold."

Caerina

She couldn't say she was surprised that he found her. It was going to happen sooner or later, but although she would have prefered if it was later. Valentina didn't move a muscle towards him, she just continued writing something in her ruined paper.
"I'm not hungry." she told him, her voice completely flat.

Tags: