Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Dark-Haired Mage [Anthea]

Started by Simon Rae, November 25, 2013, 04:24:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Rae

On a particularly bright morning, free of ritualistic encumbering tasks (for once!), the red-haired daemon strolled Suna's streets. The House in which he resided and worked allowed him an hour off- a fair amount for the work he did so often. His green irises glanced towards a stall to his left- one with glittering gems and soft cloth for clothes-making. Simon briefly contemplated his pocketed coin, then made his way to the stall.

The saleswoman- a smiling old woman and her stone-faced son- greeted him merrily. Her son had given him a polite smile, not without an unhidden distaste, and began explaining their choice products. Simon nodded methodically, admiring the vast array of colourful cloths- all rather soft. After five minutes of touching, testing the durability and warmth, and considering, the Moain chose. In the end he walked away with one small roll of a fine red cloth. For next week's honored client, he decided.

Still, there was much time for him to enjoy Suna's good weather. The bamboo houses stood alongside market stalls, some with a height he admired. After another few minutes of walking, the red-head stopped his mindless wandering to people-watch until he grew bored.
There's always one or two interesting characters.

Caerina

Such a long time has passed since the last time Anthea walked the streets of Suna. It was almost ridiculous how little has changed since her last visit. Same stalls, same houses, people... It would be stupid to say that she missed the place, and although she would never admit it, somewhere deep down she did. Well, after all she was banished from Thanatos for the last three years.

It was crowded, as any usual morning in Suna, but it was unusually sunny and warm. Her pitch black curly hair was loose and falling down her shoulders. She wasn't really looking for anything, just trying to recollect all her memories of this place. That's why her eyes, unusually colored between purple and dark blue, scanned everything carefully.

She was almost glad that everything stayed as boring as it ever was. No excitement, no news, just same old boring peasants and children running around. Then she realized how much she didn't fit in that bunch in her dark clothes, boots and cloak. Well, after all she was always different from everyone. With a small smirk, she leaned on one of the walls and observed the sky. She'll conquer it one day...

Simon Rae

He felt, honestly, as if every soul were far too similar nowadays. His green eyes could scan the cityfolk for days and find a rare difference. Dark hair, dark eyes, warm heart- his own soul craved the rare shock of someone new; despite a lack of warmth, he would greet them merrily. It was in his blood!

Blood.. indeed. Simon chuckled. 'Tis a mixture of life-substance different from a human's. This daemon I am. The passerby paid him no heed. Simon surveyed the area not immediate to him, planning to continue his tedious shopping for business-

He blinked slowly. Plums?
The word came to mind automatically upon seeing the dark purple eyes- a human's!- scanning the crowed as his had done. Like plums. Dark, yet vibrant, ripe fruit. He straightened and tilted his head. His neck popped and caused a comfortable release of pressure. From long hours, perhaps.

Simon made his way in semi-long strides to the short woman. Intrigue tickled his stomach, and he knew he'd talk to her whether she wanted to or not. A half-smile tugged his lips at the thought.

Caerina

The more you know, the more you need to know. It was a never ending circle Anthea knew all too well. She wasn't interested in mundane matters, nor did the mundane matters concern her. Well, at least she tried not to be moved or bothered by the things around her, because that was the only way for her to concentrate on things that are truly important to her.

She would've continued to look at the sky and dream about things she would never dare say or admit, until she noticed someone's presence. It was like an instinct, somebody was getting too close and all of her senses jumped in action. On the surface she remained calm and indifferent. She didn't turn her head towards the newcomer, nor did she say anything to acknowledge his presence.

Anthea just prayed that it wasn't another merchant advertising his stuff to her. If he was, she was sure to tell him she's not interested. There was no other reason for anyone to approach her, she's been gone for too long.

"I'm not interested in whatever you are selling." her voice was frigid, her expression didn't change and she never turned her head towards the presence.

Simon Rae

When he was a few feet from the woman, she spoke. The surprise stalled his movements. Her voice was chilling, and Simon found it appealing. He wasn't there to sell, but teasing her couldn't hurt.. could it?

"Ah, good Miss, how sure you are! Does not a thing appeal to those inhuman eyes of yours?" He paused to give her a disarming smile, fully enjoying himself, and continued, "Suppose I've a selection of products, something that interests you-- and you've already stated your apathy. You'd be in quite the situation, yes?"

Simon's smile waned to a gentle one. He dared not take a step closer, for she might just run off. From his distance of nearly three feet, Simon relaxed his posture in an attempt to show no dark intent. Unless my sources of amusement are darker than I thought. He thought. Simon's dark green eyes were fixed upon her attire as he tried to discern her origins. He shifted the cloth he'd purchased for a better hold. It now lay tucked under his left arm, the hand of said appendage now placed in his pocket to keep the arm close; an action that kept the bundle from falling.

Caerina

People usually backed off once she spoke, so why didn't he do the same? Anthea slowly moved her gaze towards him, her calculating mind trying to decide who he was and was he of any use to her. Nothing on her face showed any amusement or puzzlement she felt inside.

"Then let me rephrase that." she continued in her icy tone "The things I am interested for cannot be sold. This way, you cannot have what I am interested in." Anthea looked over at him, hoping that he got the idea. She doubted any human being could amuse her or get her in a good conversation. They were so beneath her.

She moved her gaze away from him and focused it on the crowd that was still passing by. Somehow nobody caught her attention. How miserable.

Simon Rae

Simon was accustomed to rejection, too. Everyone was touched by it at some point; however, he could not help but feel the sting. She's a cold one! He discerned. His mind went back to her actual words and his interest was piqued. Of course, most things can be bought and sold. Save for the basics of emotion, I suppose. He knew her words should not be analysed, and to question her would surely caused unwarranted suspicion. His smile stayed small.

"I jest! All sport, Miss. I've no interest to sell- but, perhaps," Simon turned slightly to face the crowd more, then made a small sweeping gesture with his free hand. His eyes stayed on her own, though her gaze was elsewhere, "Perhaps I could buy your time for but a moment. I guarantee that tea with me will leave you far less of an attraction." He tried, then made a pointed look at the occasional passerby and crowd-people that would eye her.

"You've got quite the fan-base here. I have not seen you in Suna-- mayhap this be the thoughts of these people as well." His intention was to appeal to her good sense, that people of Thanatos are polite, but remain suspicious of outsiders. Of course, he wasn't to know of her true origins. He has assumed her to be from elsewhere. "Even a daemon such as I does not support so many gazes!" True. The people of Suna knew him to be a daemon, and yet he did not receive many analytical gazes. He paused, considering, then softly offers, "I do not mean to offend, you must know."

Caerina

His words didn't touch her much, and she was ready to say something cold and offensive in hope he would just leave her alone. But, her focus returned to him when he told her he was a daemon. That was amusing, that from all that crowd she would end up with a daemon approaching her, but she knew better than to believe it was a coincidence. These things in her life never were.

Raising her head slightly towards him and cocking it on the side she observed him. There was a certain.. Something that made him 'feel' different than other humans in the crowd. Was it even smart to start dealing with the same things that got her banished from Thanatos three years ago? Daemons, conjurations, dark magic... Of course it was not, but it sure was fun!

"Why would you want a moment of my time?" she asked "And, that is no fan-base... It's just fear and suspicion. I daresay a daemon should be of more interest to everyone than a mere human like me." Anthea said finally. Somewhere in the back of her mind she wanted to know more about this daemon. Silly humans held no interest for her, but something like this could make this trip worth it.

Simon Rae

Her cold gaze had not wavered, and Simon found that her attention was on his own interest and daemon heritage. He ran his free hand through his long crimson hair, careful not to drop his smile, and took a step back. The step was an invitation of sorts, asking her to accompany him on a short walk. He had already recalled a large tea shop, one beneath an herb and vegetable store, that would allow privacy. Before starting his walk he answered her inquiries.

"I'm merely a curious soul. I've naught to attend to," He pat the red bundle of cloth at his side, "my business purchases are made." He allowed a contemplative pause before whispering his next words to her, "In fact, I'm just in need of true company- someone with a greater understanding than most. Don't fret," he teased, "I'll keep my promise and buy you tea. Besides- my simple musing cannot be too much, hm? It's cooler in the shop, and your drink is on me."

His eyes turned downcast for a moment, his smile suddenly sour, "I'm not too much of a daemon, you see. My particular line of blood is a pathetic one. We're bound to humans!" His last sentence was spoken with a sardonic smile and a bitter, venomous tone.

He caught himself and forced a grin (intending for it to show bitterness), "But I would explain at the tea shop, if only you'll listen." Simon tilts his head in the direction of the shop in question.

Simon Rae