Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Why Did I Stay Here, Again?

Started by Vivi, December 16, 2013, 04:18:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vivi

It was very possible that things might have ended very badly for Krah. Aster's sense of outrage had risen to the point where something was going to be sliced off, and it was probably going to be something important - that being the best-case scenario. Wayward mages and idiot men she could take, but such an affront was beyond even her. Rough? She'd show him rough--

Or perhaps not. Both Aster and her assailant blinked dumbly as shattered class clattered around his head. It was only when he slumped to the ground that she saw her liberator: Nina Tandy, standing over him with a look of grim satisfaction.

If she hadn't been so surprised, Aster may well have joined in the cheering.

"I... not at all, Miss." Just like that, the grinning killer was gone, replaced by a small, pale woman with a faintly sheepish expression. She slipped the dagger back into its sheath and stood, brushing glass from her front. "If anything, I should apologise for making such a scene." She bent stiffly at the waist in a shallow bow. "But I thank you."

visualspice

Nina shook her head.
"No need to thank me. You simply worked as a nice diversion." AN dher boot quickly kicked Krah's side as his unconscious form groaned and her smile returned to Aster. "He deserves a lot more than this, but he still is the father of my child- and my parents would not take kindly to him being killed inside their inn." Sighing at her predicament, she smiled again at Aster.
"Do you need more Ale?" and this she offered with a polite smile. "On the house, of course." After all, surviving Krah was worth an entire keg of ale!
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Vivi

Aster pressed a hand to her mouth, suppressing a little laugh. She rather found she liked this girl. "Glad to be of service, then." She stepped over Krah's prone body, not troubling to avoid stepping on his hand. There was another groan, and the corner of Aster's mouth twitched, eyes crinkling in mirth. "A shame. With luck, he might annoy someone less principled later." She muttered, but shut her mouth quickly. Wishing for death was unseemly, especially for a servant of Angsar. It was for Him to decide, not Aster.

Further drinks though, that Aster could happily decide on. "Maybe some mead, if that's alright?" She asked, hopefully as she resumed her seat. The way things had turned out, her spirits were high enough that water felt rather boring now.

visualspice

"But of course. Anything for a lady willing to put the God of War in place." And she smiled and move to retrieve Aster a glass and placed it before her.

"So what brings you around here, if you don't mind me asking. I'm interested to know a little more about the woman warrior sitting at my bar." And her cheeks dimpled as she smiled, her eyes going from time to time to where the other men were making quick work over producing stories about the 'Down Fall' of the War God. She shook her head.

"I suppose one would think this sort of action would become tiring, though really, my family and I only have to endure it for a time. Though I can't say I'm completely happy to see that man again," she said, drawing in a breath as she observed Krah's crumpled form before turning her eyes back to Aster. "I didn't realize his sweet words were spoken to just about every lady. And I'm afraid I'm too foolish not to realize what one fun night with him would entail. And yes, despite my new distaste for him, there was a time I was charmed by the man- or I wouldn't be so round as I am now." She chuckled. "I just hope it's a girl. I don't know what I'd do if Id have to grow up raising the son of the God of War."

Wincing, she felt the baby kick within her belly.
"Though on how much this baby kicks, it might not matter what gender she will be!" And seh smiled warmly at Aster and inquired, "Might I get you something else? Perhaps some bread or stew?"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Vivi

"He hardly gave me a choice, the pig." Aster huffed, nose in the air, but it was with a secret, satisfied smile that she took her drink and thanked the girl, raising the glass in a silent victory toast.

Taking a sip of her mead, Aster's eyes flickered towards the other patrons, all working excitedly on their stories. It would be all over the town by sunrise: the humiliation of the War God by two mere women. Or so they would think - they were simple and straightforward sorts around here, not like young Nina at all. Aster raised a conspiratorial eyebrow. "Standard business. My order has me travel all over Connlaoth," She tilted her head, indicating the white lily embroidered into the scarf over her hair. "But I'm sure you know a little of how Mordecai operate, times being as they are."

She kept her voice low, keen not to be overheard by all the drunken sorts around them. True, it wasn't as though her work was a big secret, but after the night she'd had she'd rather some piece. The revelation she was a Mordecai might give the men even more to crow about. Nina Tandy however, had earned that right, especially for putting up with that odious man as well.

"I'll forgive a man for being merry." She murmured, indicating the crowds with a flick of her head. "But that sort of a man has no honour - not for himself and certainly not towards others. But they can fool so easily and so sweetly, can't they?" Her pale eyes softened, as close to sympathy as she was going to get. "But I daresay with a strong-willed mother, your lad would overcome his father's faults."

Her eyes flickered down to Nina's rounded belly, lips quirking upward for a moment. "The babe will be a better fighter at least, that's for certain." She pointed out, taking another longer sip of her mead. "Hm, yes, thank you. Bread, I think."

visualspice

"Oh, I hadn't realized I was in the presence of another soldier. To be a knight of the white lily, and forgive me to say it, but to be a knight and a woman, you have my deepest respect," she said with a lightly bowed head and curtsy before she produced a piece of bread she set before Aster on a plate. "Though.. if you are a mordecai knight... does not that make you and Krah.....?" And she tilted her head curiously. Everyone knew Krah was a mordecai. Did that mean she just beat up her own 'kin'?

Vivi

She smiled faintly, accepting the praise with a gracious little nod of her own. "I do my part." She said, modestly. "I use the gifts Angsar gave me, which is the best anyone can do under the current circumstances." She picked up the bread and tore off a piece, popping it delicately into her mouth.

Wait, what had Nina just said? "I beg your pardon?" Aster twisted in her seat, eyebrows arched a fraction as she stared at the body still groaning on the ground. Or was that snoring? It was hard to tell. Either way, she turned back to Nina with an incredulous snort. "You do not mean to tell me that that is a knight of the Order?" She shook her head, disbelieving. "No, no, I do not believe it. I've been of the Order for ten years and I've never once seen him."

visualspice

Nina gave a delicate tuck to her hair as she bowed her head towards Aster while working on fixing a few drinks to the men who called orders over towards her.
"Yes, it's true,"s he told her, before raising her brown eyes to the other girl. She gave an awkward, leftward grin. "Though I'm not sure if he's part of the order or not, all I know is he's a mordecai, a General, and not half bad looking and a great lay in bed." She blushed at admitting that, but heck- it was true. She shook her head of it though and sighed.
"I doubt he's the sort of material for an elite force as the White Lily. I'm pretty sure he got his position because of his reputation- and the fact he's well.."s he shrugged. "A mordecai. Seems the army must be getting desperate."

Vivi

Aster's own grin was rather sardonic, eyes flickering disdainfully to the unconscious Krah - who, despite his fame, no-one had bothered to help up. "Forgive me if I take your word for it." She said, amused, "I'll make no claims to being innocent, but the men I lie with are a little more..." She waved a hand, unable to really phrase it without insulting sweet young Nina. She'd had one or two brief dalliances in the past, nothing ground-shatteringly passionate, just companionship - yet she felt she had far more taste than to settle for that. Poor Nina. She must have been desperate. Or drunk. Aster was betting on drunk.

"He certainly isn't." She agreed with relish. "The way things are right now, we need every able hand. But I doubt he would last five minutes as a real knight of the order.

visualspice

Nina chuckled at her words.
"I'd have to agree. Excuse me," and she bowed her head, carrying off the drinks to a boisterous table and as she stepped over Krah, gave the unconscious man a kick. After settling drinks among them, she sighed at Krah's form strewn across the ground.

"Mind helping a lady drag this buffoon off to bed?" She asked Aster once she returned. It was ironic the woman pregnant with his child would be forced to do such things, but she knew her parents wouldn't- and neither would his men, and to leave him there...
was pitiable. And really, he was kind of in the way.
"His room's on the second floor," and the girl gave a roll of her eyes. "I'll throw in some more free drinks if ya help." If not, well.. it was going to be an interesting situation for the heavily pregnant woman to accomplish, but she had to drag out drunks before. Ugh.

Vivi

Aster returned to her bread for a while, chewing thoughtfully amongst the noise, almost the same as when she'd first entered. However, evidence of that disturbance was still lolling around on the floor, and Nina's sigh was very well-deserved. Aster, for her part, frowned.

"I suppose he is ruining the decor." She said at length, getting to her feet. As loath as she was to touch the man again, she was hardly going to leave a heavily pregnant woman to drag the worthless lout upstairs. To leave her to struggle... it just wasn't her way. Besides which, Aster was wiry and strong for her size: logically she was the best choice to ask. "Oh, very well. Is it the rooms on the left or the rooms on the right?"

So despite her disapproval, she moved to sling a sweaty arm over her shoulders and heave the man to his feet. "To be honest, I should like to go to bed once I've finished dragging this wastrel about. I'm a rather early riser." She set about maneuvering them through the crowds of drunks, the sight of such a tiny woman heaving the great warlord about making them laugh even more. "It's been a rather eventful evening."

visualspice

"Last door on the right," she said, sighing as she slung Krah's other arm around her shoulder and peered over at Aster. It was then the men began to make cat calls and other suggestions. Naturally, the men would only presume they were dragging the 'God of War' off to get pleasure- though honestly, it was just for pain.

Drawing in a breath, she counted to three before they worked together to lift Krah fully to his feet, and at this reactoin, the man made a noise as his head slumped forward. It startled Nina, but she only released a breath and shook her head before looking over at Aster as the pair approached the steps.
"Now be careful of the first step here- the wood is beginning to rot and a nail is coming loose on the fourth." ANd  they wrked together to lug the lughead up the steps, his boots and bottom scraped awkwardly against the wooden steps, making loud thuds each time.

Vivi

Aster sniffed disapprovingly at the catcalls, shooting the nearest hooting moron a hard look. Clearly remembering her dagger, his laughter faltered, and she dragged the 'God of War' past them with her nose in the air.

He was a bulky man, but Aster had lifted far worse in her career. Shifting his arm to better distribute his weight, the women moved him towards the stairs. There was a grunt from their cargo - or was it a snore - which prompted a small squeak from the other side. Meeting Nina's eye, Aster shrugged her unused shoulder and began hauling him up the stairs, not caring a jot for how he thudded against the steps. "He'd be covered in bruises by the morning." She commented, not sounding all that unhappy. "Such a shame."

visualspice

Once the two girls got the man to bed, which he was tossed unceremoniously onto, Nina paused a moment to wipe the sweat from her brow before catching her breath and turning towards Aster with a smile.

"Thank you for all of your help. I know not many would care to help such a man, even one so famous as he." And at the last remark, she gave a roll of her eyes as she stared with Aster now near the door way.
"So you're staying here, but where will you go after here? I know only so much about the Knights of the White Lily. You must get to see a lot of the country."

Vivi

Aster was a little out of breath, but not to the same extent as poor, pregnant Nina, whom she shot a sympathetic little smile. She was holding out exceedingly well for someone so heavy with child though, better than other more noble women she had met. A life in an inn prepared one far better than soft-handed needlework and gentle reading.

She shrugged off the gratitude, waving a careless hand. "Fame is fickle, and often undeserved. I set no store by it." She shot Nina a conspiratorial little smirk. "But I'd hardly leave another woman to struggle now would I?"

Leaving the warlord to snore, wiping damp palms on her leggings, Aster approached the door with her arms crossed over her hips. "Oh, I couldn't possibly say. It all depends." She shrugged. "My superiors send me where I am needed. Reconnaissance, hunting dissidents, all of Connlaoth requires our expertise."

visualspice

NIna gave a sage nod.
"That's understandable. You must have your work cut out for you," and the girl gave the other woman a sympathetic smile, then gasped as she grabbed onto her side. "Oh.. just another kick." She gave a sheepish grin. "Which makes me think even more it might be a boy. He's so active." ANd she kept her hand over her belly where it continued to kick and kick, and she- giving a soft laugh.

"It's a shame he couldn't have a real father..."

Vivi

"To some extent, though I should not like to place myself above others." Her eyes registered patience, and perhaps a mild interest as they waited for the baby's little episode to subside. "As I said, a real warrior in the making."

The little bout of self-deprecation however, had Aster soften despite her better judgement. "Maybe he might." Aster pointed out, "I shouldn't give up on all mankind for one bad apple. With luck you may find a man to behave as a true father. Someone deserving."

visualspice

Nina gave a soft smile towards Aster.
"You are too kind. Let us just hope the fool I believe it is is more of a real man than this," and she gave a patronizing pat to one of Krah's booted feet and shook her head, studying Krah's unconscious form. He was filthly, beer glossed and was in need of a shave.
"Will you be staying long here at the Inn? Or are you just passing through?" And she walked with Aster now outside of the rooma nd closed it behind them with a soft 'click'. It was best to keep Krah out of sight, out of mind.