Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

From the north

Started by omnipotent42, December 20, 2013, 10:21:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

omnipotent42

Through the market place a young man clad in black walked his equally black horse. On the horse where several layers of pelts of all shapes and sizes. Darrak had never been to any big city before nor had he any experience in selling goods. Normally he lived of the land, but the day came when he decided he wished to see more of the world. His frozen home in the North didn't have much to offer. The sudden change in environment made it easy for hunting. His home had no wood the trees where few and far apart. This also meant animals where just as hard to find. That changed with the lush forests of this land. He found animals plentiful and figured he would sell them for a little gold. He figured a little gold would be helpful in case he ran into any trouble such as taking an injury.

The clopping of his horses hooves where a small comfort in this busy place. He was nervous and didn't know where to go to sell his skins. Darrak tied up his horse to a wooden fence nearby and decided to search on his own. He walked into a shop that sold clothing. His boots clanged on the floor making is entrance known. He quickly scanned the place and saw many different types of garments, but was most interested in clothing meant to keep you warm. It meant they might be willing to buy his fur pelt. Hopefully they made the clothing themselves.

Darrak walked up to the counter and greeted the old women that stood behind it. She had seen many years and no doubt contained much wisdom. "I was wondering if you would like to buy any fresh fur pelts? I have a large selection and I'm sure one will strike your fancy." Darrak said hoping he wouldn't have to go searching some more for someone who will buy his stuff. He wondered how people made a living doing this. He felt like as soon as you earn money you'll have to immediately spend it on some food to ward of hunger. Why didn't people just fend for themselves instead of learning professions and exchanging services and goods in this bee hive of people.

"Sure bring them in and I'll see if I like any of them." The women replied. Darrak was joyful she was interested but he had a slight suspicion she knew he was new at this and was just going to buy something out of pity. "One moment I'll go grab them." Darrak said as he rushed out the door to grab his furs on his horse. On his way out he ran right into someone and they both fell over. Darrak got up "I'm so sorry." he apologized and offered a hand to the person he ran over.