Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Claiming the night (open)

Started by Anadwen, December 31, 2013, 12:03:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anadwen

Athran smacked his head. This man obviously had no idea how to prepare a deer. He grabbed the knife, and one by one, prepared both deers. Maigrod watched as he cut their skins off, removed their guts, and cut the meat into pieces. He ate one pile of bloody remains, leaving only the skin, but left the other one for Shioko, if the young dragon would be hungry.

The pieces of meat were ready, but instead of roasting them above the kindling flames, Athran simply put them onto the stones. Maigrod's fire covered them in the auburn flames, blazing in the dusky dawn, while Athran flipped them over once one side was done.

They were a tad burned... Athran sighed. He wasn't a cook and he was aware of it, but why did he always burn everything he tried to cook?

Wicked Basket

Lucian watched closely as Athran prepared the deer, absorbing every detail. He then watched as he cooked it. This would be good to know in case he ever needed food or was he was asked for assistance again later.

Winters-Feather

Shioko greeted Maigrod with a low growl, the dragon equivalent of purring. He was ravished, and the deer smelled amazing.
Many thanks, he told Maigrod.
He moved slow and careful so as not to disturb his sleeping rider, edging towards the other dragon. He waited patiently to be offered food. It was Maigrod's hunt, and his to choose who had a turn at what.

Taiyou's dreams were full of whispers and of strange worlds.
Wake up, storm-bird, a voice called to her.
Taiyou cried out as she cringed, slowly coming back into conscious. Her head felt split down the middle, and her side ached and hurt.
Venison? she thought, sniffing the air. Well, that was odd. Dragons didn't cook.
"Shio," she said hoarsely as she woke up.

The girl's eyes widened at the sight of the two new men at the camp. She squeaked, her mouth clamped shut. Taiyou felt the heat rising to her cheeks.
You're clothed, Shioko reminded her.
Not the way I like, Taiyou protested, wrinkling her nose.

An arm's reach away laid her staff and the stone.  Taiyou grimaced as she  sat up. It hurt entirely too much. The dragon moved back towards her and sat down. Taiyou grunted as she picked up the warm stone and threw it in the saddle bag.  She rummaged  for a fresh tunic and pulled out a black one by a wrinkled sleeve. The girl grinned. Much better. She removed the rags of her old one and pulled the new one over her head.

Her head turned towards the men. The version smelled delicious.. if not a little burnt.
"Good morning, Athran, Maigrod," she said in a cheerful manner. Her voice was still weak, but even now the strength was returning to it.
"Hello," she greeted Lucian and the other stranger.
Who are they? she asked Shioko.
Stragglers from the woods, the dragon responded. That one killed our enemies.
Really? asked Taiyou, surprised. Why?
He was lost.

Taiyou arched a brow  but said nothing.

Anadwen

Athran grabbed one half-burned, half-raw venison, and when he noticed that Taiyou was awake, he was already in the middle of the process of eating it. He looked up at the girl, ignoring the poorly-looking state he was in - scruffy hair all around his head, burned remains of clothes, hanging around weapons, fastened to his body, and dark rings under his eyes in his pale face - and greeted her.

"Good morning." he muttered, and tossed her a steak. "Eat while there's any food left." He stared at his own steak, watched by Maigrod, who begun eating the part of the second pile of guts, of which he gave the larger deal to Shioko, just as well. The black dragon growled softly at the two.

Good morning, young ones. It's good to see you're doing well. You should eat. Maigrod wagged his head at the steaks. They are half burned and the other half is still a bit raw, but you must excuse Athran. He can't cook.

Bringer of Fenrir

Hjaldi looked up looking into the air as he awoke smelling the air and smelling the deer venison. "By the gods that smells amazing!" Hjaldi sat up hair a mess with grass and a twig entangled in it. Hjaldi had obviously been running through he forest and not cared about taking them from his hair, until now that is. Reaching up and picking the pieces of grass and the twig from his hair. "Well then i should go hunt for myself i assume..." Hjaldi stood up stretching as he walked over to his Pack retrieving his bow Hjaldi whispered a few words as he strung the bow he looked over to the dragon.

A magnificent beast truly a thing of legend, Hjaldi had seen dragons before in his homeland Fjeltland and yet he still was amazed at them and how they would carry themselves and even speak, as though they were born noble and royal. "Do you have a name dragon?" Hjaldi inclined his head as a sign of respect. As he did he noticed that there was also a elf among the company. Hjaldi was no mere human himself, His mother being half frost giant meant he was a quarter frost giant and he did show it he was vastly taller then any average human as well as he had a paler skin even slightly blue tinted skin color in certain light.

As he raised his head he looked around "Where would the beasts be that i could hunt?" Hjaldi looked around as he threw his quiver over his shoulder and started towards the edge of the camp but not going further then that. 

Anadwen

"That's Maigrod." Athran answered instead of the dragon, knowing that he's too busy eating. "And there are beasts all around the woods and mountains around. You can have one of these," he waved his steak in the air, "if you want, though. I'm not going to eat them all, anyway."

Maigrod growled with satisfaction at Hjaldi's admiring look, and spread his wings a little to show himself in his full glory, his black scales glinting in the rosy sunlight of the dawn. He was an imposing dragon, big and strong, and resembled his rider in many aspects - they had the same kind of rough and hard, but majestic charm to themselves.

They both continued eating, not paying more attention than necessary.

Bringer of Fenrir

Ah well it is my pleasure as i have never met one such as these... Most dragons in my home land are either mad or solitary beasts..." Hjaldi looked as the other beast stretched his wings. Hjaldi chuckled. Dragons they were such proud creatures. Hjaldi looked again onward into the forest unstringing his bow and taking a piece of meat. "Gratitude for the meal." Hjaldi took a piece of the meat then thinking again of the night before Hjaldi repeated his unanswered  question. "So what is this groups' quest?" Hjaldi was curious and wanted to know and maybe even join them.

Winters-Feather

taiyou reached for the meat and grabbed it with her hands.
"Hot, hot," she hissed to herself as she fumbled with it.
She turned the piece over in her hands.
"Thanks, " Taiyou said with a bit of a chuckle.
She nodded at Maigrod's words and ate from the charred side first. 

Shioko happily ate from the pile Maigrod gave him and every so often licked the blood from his jaws. Taiyou listened to Athran talk with Hjaldi carefully.
"This one's name is Shioko," she piped up. "Our quest's our own. This wasn't planned."
She smiled sheepishly.
"We crashed our host's camp, so to speak."

Anadwen

Athran nodded. "Everyone just came in... And... Surprised me here." he shrugged. "Nothing was planned. I was traveling alone."

He finished his venison and wiped his mouth with the back of his hand, straightening his legs on the ground. Maigrod came closer to him, leaving just the hide behind, and covered the elf's back with one of his wide wings. Now this is what I call breakfast.
Athran chuckled. Liked your deer guts?
Nothing better than a fresh, bloody meal. the dragon replied, growling playfully.

"Have you slept well, Taiyou, Shioko?" Athran asked the young rider and her dragon, staring at the burned remains of his leather armour. He decided that it would be best to change into the other shirt that was still in his bag, and unbuckled the reins that held various pieces of armour on his body. Finally, he managed to change into the less destroyed armour, although he appeared quite bizarre without his coat and cape, revealing the countless weapons, fastened to his chest and sides, along with big pieces of metal armour.

Bringer of Fenrir

"Ah these can seemingly be the best of groups when they gather for no reason and gather in a quest together!" Hjaldi looked at everyone again seemingly studying them trying to judge there strengths ans weaknesses. Not to attack but if he would be joining them in a group he would like to know what he could expect from them. There was a dragon rider, an elf, a couple humans, and also another dragon although he was not sure if it had a rider. As he overlooked the group he saw Athran's armor and how it had been damaged. Hjaldi began to eat at his meat again with a mouth half full of meat Hjaldi motioned to the armor. "Is there a forge nearby here? Or could a dragon go and fetch a anvil? i could easily repair that armor for you." Hjaldi knew his skill as a blacksmith... his father taught him well and he had never stopped refining his skill, it kept his father close to him.

Anadwen

Athran shook his head. "We're amid the mountains. There's no forge or smithy in miles around... And thanks for your help, but beside being a knight, a dragon rider and a swordsman, I am also a smith myself." he replied calmly.

He learned to work as a smith while he was still young, and found an unusual talent for forging metals, later forging all his own weapons, and his most prized possession, the Black Sword. The couple of sleek scimitars on his back, the daggers, hunting knives, thin blades, and all other weaponry was all of his own make, bearing the ornaments and carvings typical for his craft. It was different with armour, which he could craft and repair well, too, but preferred to buy, and then fit for himself.

Wicked Basket

Lucian remained silent as he listened in on the conversation around him. He hadn't noticed the girl before. She was a mess. When it came time to eat, Lucian just grabbed one of the pieces of venison right from the fire with his bare hand without burning, but he didn't think much of it. The meal didn't last long for someone of his size, but he was used to eating very little or nothing at all. He decided to simply remain silent and go with the flow.

Winters-Feather

Ooc: lucian saw the lightning and shioko has a saddle and moved away from her... how had he not notice lol
Ic:

"Whats a smith doing all the way out here?" Taiyou asked.
She wiped  the greese ans blood off on her tunic before undoing her long and tangled braid. She Blushed rememberinf her manners.
"My Names taiyou," She said with a nod.
"Dragonrider, mage... camp crasher."

Bringer of Fenrir

"I forge weapons milady..." Hjaldi pulled a knife out showing it to her. "And i am not only a smithy i am also a sell sword. and hunter" Hjladi stood up formally. "My name is Hjaldi Wrothgarson, the ambassador of the Wolves, the Knight of the mountain, and the civilized beast." Hjaldi bowed to the young woman dragon rider, and then her dragon also. "I am honored to meet you as well." Hjaldi was noble in a way but had a look and being that he was also a barbarian and savage.

"Not even a small farm around here? hmm shame i was hoping to put a hammer to metal and forge something, in that mood as a fellow smithy i know you know my feeling." Hjaldi smiled and sat down shoving another piece of meat in his mouth. Chewing for a second then swallowing. Looking to the dragon rider he saw the numerous weapons equipped to the elf. "You are quite well armed... May i?" Hjaldi pointed to the black metal blade a curious thing a color of metal so rarely seen in Fjeltland. Hjaldi was wanting to see it and possible attempt to determine the make of the blade so he could forge a type of his own. "I too have forged my own weapons all but these... These were my fathers." Hjaldi held up his two blades that he used the most two one handed swords slightly longer then average short swords. Runes inscribed onto the blade. Brown leather handles and a golden brass hilt and pommel.

"But i forged the rest and even the bow is of my own make" Hjaldi looked back to it smiling placing the two swords back into their sheaths. "Also ... if i may ask dragon scales are unique as you probably ell know... would i be able to barter some scales from either you dragons?..." Hjaldi knew the gravity of his question but he knew if he could have a couple scales he could use them with his forge and make a blade or refine any of his to a deadly weapon into something... something else...

Anadwen

"Athran Daineth, the Black Sword, Deathstorm, Death of Demons... I have many names. And my full name is long." Athran replied, smirking, but it was a bleak grimace, and in all his majestic height and fair appearance, he still looked tired.

At Hjaldi's question, his hand sled to the hilt of the Black Sword defensively. "No. I am sorry, but no other hand than mine shall hold this weapon." he replied coldly, and drew the black blade from its sheath, revealing its elegant shape and the beautiful ornaments, carved into the dark metal. "Look at it in my hands, if you are interested, but no more."

When the man asked about dragon scales, both Maigrod and his rider pierced him with ice-cold glances of their bright eyes. My scales are not coins... They are not for sale. the dragon's voice echoed in the small encampment, deep and roaring. Athran nodded. "Hardly any dragon would ever exchange his scales for something. Even though Maigrod gave me a few of his for my armour." He pointed at the dark, slightly spiked shoulderguards, made of several black scales, overlapping with each other. "But I'm his rider."

Winters-Feather

Taiyou blushed at the formal introduction and nodded.
"We Are honored to meet you," she said.
Being called lady made her feel uncomfortable.
Though Taiyous state was fragile, she sat up stiffly at the request for dragon scales. Dragon and rider alike stared coldly at Hjaldi. She wasnt about to hand overr her weapons either, especially her wooden staff. Thankfully, Athran made the situation clear about the dragon scales.
Such A bold request, Shioko told her. Be wary.
"Im sorry," Taiyou said. "Though your weapons are beautiful."
She squinteD at the writing on the blade.
Protection Runes? She Wondered.
Shioko Sneezed, unimpressed by the swords.
Pretty sticks is all, he said.
Taiyou giggled.

Bringer of Fenrir

Looking over the blade Hjaldi moved in close but made no attempt or look as if he were to touch it. "A pretty blade i can tell there is more to it then it's ... thin elegance... a bit too dainty for my preference, although i would use a blade like it if need be." Hjaldi was a master at all weapon types though he preferred his duel swords his true skill was in other weapons he would save for dire moments of need or rage. "This pretty little sticks have names.. though not their own... and no they are not protection rather combat spells. Clan spells handed down through the lin... handed down to me..." Hjaldi lifted his hand and stabbing them into the ground the two blades made a sickeningsmack into the ground and placing his hands over them Hjaldi began to speak in his native tongue. Speaking in his thick accent and quietly blue flames jumped forth on his hands to the blades lighting up the runes more clearly. "There you may be able to see them better milady." Hjaldi looked at her obviously being uncomfortable at the mention of her being honored. Looking to the black proud dragon. "And no these are not protection Runes they are names ... Names of the dragon my father killed." Hjaldi pointed to one set of runes scripted on the first blade. Then moving his hand over the other sword to a set of runes much longer then the first sword. "And the dragon i killed. there names mean ... how to say this in your tongue. mountain melter and nightmares beating winged fang. In are land dragons are mad and evil and breed like rabbits So we must defend ourselves with them but there are some who fight the madness though those dragons live solitary lives. So it is a honor to speak with some of you." Hjaldi looked casually not worried at the mention he had killed a dragon before

Hjaldi laughed at the rider's he knew they would say no and he knew the dragon's would be some what insulted by the situation. It was more of a question to measure the trust he could put in the group and also proved the wealth of a dragon scale item. Hjaldi wanted the scales to  forge into a great weapon he would get hem eventually either by killing another dragon or as a gift from a dragon kin.

Hjaldi stood up stretching finally showing his immensity over seven feet tall in all his imposing height and brawn Hjaldi was obviously not a human. Hjaldi was a half giant. A frost giant was his grand father on his mother's side, and he took to those gene's directly Hjaldi's skin was more pale then most Fjeltics and even would be blue in certain light. and his blonde hair had a silver tint to it. Hjaldi flexed and pushing out his hands flames again spouted up a bit and ceased as if it were a yawn at the same time a bit of steam slipped out between his fingers. Hjaldi smiled. "I need practice... You there, would you like to give these Sticks a whirl?" Hjaldi smiled at the comment that he caught from Shioko. Hjaldi would show that these blades were not to be underestimated in his hands. And if need be he would show them more weapons he had forged in his forge.

Anadwen

Athran listened carefully, but didn't even give anyone else time to reply when Hjaldi mentioned the swords. "Nice weapons... I'd like to try them out against this." he said, and unsheathed the Black Sword in its full imposing length of over a meter.

Even though his body was thin and lean, he had twice the strength of a man, and was far faster than any human. The blade in his hands slowly begun moving in a complicated pattern, and he produced a wide grin. Underestimating an elf was a mistake many of his foes made - and even in a playful spar, it could decide about the victor.

"Shall we?" he asked.

Bringer of Fenrir

((OOC: oh hell yeah i feel this gonna be fun.))

Hjaldi looked down at the elf. "As you wish, shall this be a duel of skill and magic or just technique?" Hjaldi wanted to make sure that in a duel he acted honorably and without confusion to the type of duel. Hjaldi walked over to his pack and began to equip his armor as he did Hjaldi first removed his outer clothing. As he did his acts revealed many scars over his body from whips weapons and other various weapons. First ordaining his chain mail on Hjaldi had made it custom from a rare metal that was lighter and still as durable as any armor. Hjaldi then placed bracer's gauntlets and his boots on which on the bottom Athran could see small cleats. more proof Hjaldi was native to a land of ice.  Hjaldi then re clothed himself with his usual clothes and red leather trench coat. Hjaldi looked over at the meter long blade as it moved it almost seemed to liquefy in the air. a simple trick of the eye Hjaldi knew well.

Hjaldi walked out of the camp as he did his foot steps sent small thuds through the ground, with each step sending quakes through the world of insects and smaller creatures. "It has been a long time since i have sparred with an Servant of Beruin. It would be a honor and i would enjoy a real challenge such as no human can match." Hjaldi ws no stranger to the elf race in his homeland they worshiped the same god as His clan did, Beruin the god of the forest, summer, beasts and the hunt. And in celebrations he would often face an array of elves in a tournament or for fun after a night of drinking mead. Hjaldi found it amusing to fight a person of such opposite body stature. Hjaldi always thought it amusing watching his grandfather fight in the tournament having a frost giant imposing and gigantic fight such a limber elf having strength and agility face off together. Hjaldi had to laugh at the memory of his grandfather loosing many times to a small elf bounding around his legs. "I truly look forward to this and no matter the outcome i hope we shall leave as companions and friends as we have entered." Hjaldi loved to fight and held no true insult during a fight. "Well i await you young elf master. Bring your blade and let our metal sing a song that shall be heard over the hills, sending it through the forest for all creatures to hear and also a warning to those who wish us true harm!" Hjaldi spread his legs into a stance bearing down so if the elf were to walk up he would be eye level. Hjaldi's arms open with his swords in each hand both pointing towards the elf like an arrow notched in it's bow ready to fire forth with deadly accuracy. 

Anadwen

Athran fastened his own badly damaged armour over the black shirt while he watched Hjaldi preparing himself. "No magic. Only swords and our own skill." he replied silently. The armour clinked softly as his hands buckled the numerous reins over the chainmail and plates of leather. It should work for the while. He'll worry with repairs another time.

His gauntlets thudded silently as he clashed his hands together, and the sword returned to his hands. The terrain offered him an advantage - rocks and trees were just more places to jump on and leap from. He laughed when Hjaldi called him young, though. "Young? I'm not young at all... Five hundreds and a half...." he said, tilting his head aside, and smirked.

He gripped the handle of the Black Sword, and prepared it, raising his hands to his head, with the blade just above his shoulder.