Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Stop, you fiend! [M] [Aeyt!]

Started by Rhindeer, January 29, 2014, 02:56:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

Maya gave Lex a shrewd look. "And what is that supposed to mean?" she asked, taking another dainty sip of tea.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Aeytrious

"Well the only places to eat that are fancier than this, and much more expensive as well," Lex told Maya, leaning in close to make it more dramatic, "are the nobleman's brothels," he finished in a whisper.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
ArjanDirkElijahGeldGulliusHiram
HerewardKheelanKurohanaLex
MalilaMelyndariaMowellesaQuinnlyn
SehrayanahTiberiusValencia
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

"Oh, how disgusting!" Maya said, drawing back from Lex with a sour look. "Ugh. I'm sure you would know all about that, wouldn't you."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Aeytrious

"Actually," Lex told Maya, "I have been a guest at such establishments, but I have never taken pleasures with the sex workers. There just happen to be a lot of rich men that are easy to steal from in such places, and they are not likely to tell anyone about being robbed. They'd have to admit to frequenting such places." Lex gave Maya a wink, and went back to his pomegranate.
        "Would you like some fruit?" He offered her the bowl, which still contained a strawberry, some grapes, a few cherries, and an assortment of other common tree fruit.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Plucking up one of the cherries, Maya raised a skeptical eyebrow at Lex. "A man skilled such as you at thievery, who can sneak into a noblewoman's home without drawing the guard, expects me to believe his only motivation for frequenting brothels is the money? That's rich."

She popped the cherry into her mouth, pulling the stem free and twirling it absently between her fingers.

Aeytrious

"I am skilled at many things," Lex corrected Maya, "not just thievery." He lifted another cut of meat onto his plate and began to slice it into bite sized hunks. "I enjoy challenges. Paying for a woman's company is cheating. I don't want a woman to give herself to me because she's paid. I want her to desire me as I desire her. I want mutual enjoyment, not obligation. Why pay for something I can enjoy earning through conversation and friendship?" He began eating the meat, as he let his words settle in.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Maya discreetly spit the cherry pit out into her hand and set it aside on her plate. "Hrm. And here I believed most thieves were just thieves as a quick fix. Why work an honest job when you can steal, correct? Why work for someone's affection when you can pay?"

Maya took the last strawberry, and when she had finished that, she took a sip of tea and went back to her meal, trying the salmon. It was pretty obvious that if Lex was hinting anything by his words, it was lost on her.

Aeytrious

"I don't just steal from anyone," Lex told Maya, "and I help the impoverished of the city. I take from those that have more than they could ever use, and give it to those in need. Sure I keep plenty for myself to live on, but I don't live a life of excess, and I never steal from someone that it would hurt."
        His meat gone, he grabbed a plum from the fruit bowl and bit into it. The juice of the ripe fruit ran down his fingers, and he had to use the linen that had been provided. "I don't steal because it's easy. I steal from the most guarded places, the most difficult to get into, and from highly protected caravans. I like challenges. The more difficult, the more enjoyable it is to tackle. It's the same with women. The more difficult to woo, the more we will both enjoy the outcome."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Maya snorted at that. "I'm sure they don't enjoy the part where you leave them after you've won your 'challenge' and claimed your prize," she said dryly.

Aeytrious

Lex almost felt stung at Maya's words. As if he'd be such a cad, a rake, that he'd run out on a lady. "I have never been so crass," he began in his defense. "I am always a gentleman. I never claim my prize, only simply to retreat. Most times my prize is little more than a few kisses. None the less, I am much more prudent than that. I never take more than I am offered, and I am always at a ladies service should she desire my company." He fiddled with the locket the was hidden beneath his tunic, as he finished the plum, and then he moved back to eating fish and meat.
        "Though I am a rogue by trade and reputation," Lex said to Maya, "I am always a gentleman when it comes to matters of the heart."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

"Hmm," Maya said, eying Lex shrewdly. That answer was not quite what she expected, and it made her think a little differently about his person. He had looked legitimately bothered by the accusation--which was interesting. A person who truly viewed women as conquests would have soaked up such a statement and used it as an opportunity to boast, wouldn't they? And they certainly wouldn't refer to it as a matter of the heart.

"That's interesting," she said, expression softening just a little, "and not quite what I was expecting." She took another bite of her meal. It was the closest she would come to an apology. Nobility never apologized, after all.

Aeytrious

"I have found that more Noblemen are cruel in their conquests of women," Lex told Maya. "My own father's many extramarital affairs are well known by all. Many nobleman have mistresses and illegitimate children. I've overheard young nobleman bragging about how many women they've taken to bed, and about taking young noble ladies maiden head's."
        Lex claimed the grapes from in the bowl of fruit. He felt a bit agitated, though he did his best not to show it, it did cause him to eat even more than usual. "Common men can't afford affairs, and many of them marry for love, so they wouldn't have an affair to begin with."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

"Hmph. Well. My parents married for love," Maya said, and finished off her wine, "and they're nobles. Not all nobles are miserable in their marriages. I certainly plan not to be!"

Aeytrious

Lex gave Maya a wide smile, and said without a hint of sarcasm, "I hope that works out for you." She was an interesting person. So closed off from the world, as many young noblewomen were, naïve, and ignorant of the truths of reality. That wasn't totally her fault, and he didn't hold it against her. He just hoped to educate her a bit, maybe get her to open her eyes, and if he was really lucky, charm her into spending some time kissing him. "In my experience, love is a wonderful thing."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Maya tilted her head, curious. "Oh? Then you're in love?" She paused a moment, and then added, "Or were?"

Aeytrious

A gentle sigh betrayed any idea of denial. Lex reached to his chest to touch the locket that hung around his neck. Instead of brushing it aside, he decided that honesty would probably work to his benefit here. Women loved good love stories.
        "Karis Astrakaia, my childhood love," he told Maya. "If I were a true noble, and not just a discarded bastard, she and I would be married. Lovely Karis." Lex sipped at a new mead that had appeared at his elbow, and looked distant. Best to make Maya pull the details from him. The more she got invested in the story, the more impact it would have on her. That wasn't being too manipulative. Just the right amount.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Maya was intrigued, indeed. Leaning forward a little, she waited for more, and when he didn't give it, huffed impatiently. She motioned with her hand for him to continue.

"And? What happened? Did you ever tell her your feelings? Did you two...kiss?"

Aeytrious

"Karis was my best friend as a child," Lex told Maya. "her father had business with mine, and so we played together on the estate. Hide and seek, tag, or childhood games," he paused to sip his mead again. Licking his lips he continued, "one day, when it was my turn to hide, she found me behind a large topiary. I broke into a run, if she didn't catch me, she'd be it again. She was always the faster runner, so of course she caught up. She tackled me to the ground, and as we rolled about giggling, she kissed me on the mouth," Lex smiled, remembering the moment fondly. He pulled out his locket and popped it open to see the pictures inside. How the painters made such tiny images look so accurate he did not know.
        "We didn't think there was anything different about us, we were children," Lex snapped the locket shut and let it fall to dangle against his chest. "We held hands, chased each other around, and there was an occasional peck on the cheek or mouth. I was six when it started. As we got a bit older, Karis would only hold my hand in private. She would look around to make nobody was watching before she'd let me kiss her," his mood was much less pleasant as he thought of how things began to change. "When I pressed her for a reason she tried to explain that she was a noble and I was not. My father was a noble, so I didn't understand what the problem was. I didn't know about illegitimacy then, I was ten," Lex took a long pull from his mead, to give himself a moment.
        "It wasn't long after that, that we were discovered by a nursemaid. Karis kissed me as the maid came around a corner. She threw a fit and dragged Karis away," his eyes were tearing up at that point. "She never came back after that, and I got one of my worst beatings that night. The beatings increased, and two years later mother and I were thrown out. Free of my father, I took it upon myself to find Karis. It wasn't until after mother died that I learned where the Astrakaia's lived. The first time I snuck into the estate to see her, I scared her half to death. Dressed like a ruffian, she didn't recognize me. When she finally did, she tackled me, heedless of her beautiful dress, and the dirt I was covered in. She kissed me, and not a child's kiss. We were thirteen. That's when the real romance began."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Lex told his tale, and Maya didn't interrupt once. She listened, enraptured, and felt a slight surge of jealousy. As silly as it was, she felt a bit envious of this Karis. Oh, it wasn't like she'd never been kissed by a boy--or a man, rather. But the kisses she had experienced had been ones of curiosity, not real passion--or love. She couldn't imagine what that must be like, loving someone from childhood into adulthood and beyond, or experiencing the excitement and danger of such illicit, secretive meetings.

Or having someone love you so much they were willing to risk their very safety for just a kiss.

It was, without a doubt, among the most romantic things she'd ever heard.

Maya realized when he was done that she'd been holding her breath, not wanting to miss a single detail. She let it out slowly.

"Do you still see her?" she practically whispered.

Aeytrious

Now this is when Lex really took on a somber expression. He looked down at the table and pressed his hand to the locket at his chest. "Eleven years ago," Lex began, "her father married her off to a much older man to secure a business deal." Lex looked at Maya to make sure she was still enrapt, gazing into her eyes. "For seven years we had hidden our secret rendezvous. Sharing our love, our passion. We were so careful, and I saved every penny I could. She secretly gave me large amounts of her stipend, that I could tuck it away to save. The plan was to run away to Serendipity, start a life of our own. She was willing to give up her noble life for me." He broke their gaze at that point, wiping away tears that were welling up again. He was not the crying type, but he did his best not to hold back his emotions. The more tender his heart, the better, as far as the theory went.
        "If she weren't forced into an arranged marriage before we could make our move, we'd be raising a family. Instead, our love has become even more secret. Her husband would likely have us both killed if he knew of our secret meetings, as rare as they are. Almost a year ago he took her with him to Essyrn, and they have not returned." Lex sighed, then took a long drink of mead. "I ache at the loss of her."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey