Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Stop, you fiend! [M] [Aeyt!]

Started by Rhindeer, January 29, 2014, 02:56:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

It was one thing to chase down a scrawny thief in a busy marketplace, and quite another to be hunted, alone, in her own home.

Maya screamed again when he grabbed her, but it was cut short when the thief tossed her to the rugs and covered her mouth. She struggled as he pinned her, screaming against his hand. But he still managed to catch both of her hands in his and pin her legs, leaving her squirming uselessly. Her screams soon faded to breathless whimpers.

If his intent was to scare her, it worked. Trapped beneath a much larger man who was proving that he could do whatever he wanted and she'd be helpless to stop it, her only reaction was pure, primal terror. Maya hardly heard a word he was saying over the blood rushing in her ears, the short, panicked breaths through her nose, and the racing of her thoughts. Those words she did catch did not help matters any and it wasn't long before she was trembling. He'd come back for her! He'd stalked her down and come back for her and now he was going to rob and rape and murder her! In some particular order! Where were her servants?!

She stared up at him, tears filling her eyes and smudging the kohl liner, and whimpered again when he kissed her brow. Still, he said the magic words. He was going to release her? She about sobbed with relief, and the instant he got off of her, she scrambled back away from him and pressed her back against the wall, arms wrapped protectively around her knees. She didn't dare move after that, in case he changed his mind.

Still crying, she almost missed his question. But after what he had just done, it was so absurd she raised her head and rubbed at her eyes, smearing the kohl even more.

"I-it's...it's..." Her breath hitched on a sob. "It's called kiwi, you monster!"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Aeytrious

Lex scrunched up his face at the word monster, and looked over at the crying Maya. For the first time since entering through her window, his smile slipped. He felt guilty that he had terrorized this beautiful creature. He had a feeling she hadn't heard much of what he said as he pinned her to the ground. He was gentle, but that probably didn't help much. She was a spoiled noble after all. He gulped down the kiwi in two quick bites and used her wash basin to clean the juices from his hands. Then he started to clean up the mess she'd made when she'd spun around in terror.
        "I take it you heard nothing I just said," he looked at her guiltily, "I'll just highlight the important part where I alluded to the fact that I'm not here to hurt you. I won't hurt you. I rarely hurt anybody. I'm actually a nice person. I just rob wealthy people that have way more than they could ever use. I'm wanted more because I humiliate them than hurt them." He continued picking up the mess. The mirror was completely intact, either that was great craftsmanship, or his luck had extended to it for some unknown reason. Perhaps she would have tried to use a broken shard as a weapon. No matter, he picked it up and put it back in its place. Her tiny bottles of scents and her makeups had made a bit of a mess, she'd likely toss out that rug. He wasn't sure laundering it would get rid of the hodge-podge of smells.
        "Perhaps you should wash your face, your crying had ruined your makeup, and as endearingly beautiful as it makes you, I'm sure you'd prefer to get the salt and kohl off your face." He approached her tentatively and offered his hand to help her stand. "I give my word that I'll remain a perfect gentleman. At least for a little while." He winked at her and gave her his most charming smile.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
ArjanDirkElijahGeldGulliusHiram
HerewardKheelanKurohanaLex
MalilaMelyndariaMowellesaQuinnlyn
SehrayanahTiberiusValencia
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Maya looked at his hand, then up at him, and then back. He hadn't yet convinced her that he was a nice person, or that he wouldn't hurt her, but he had stopped smiling when he looked at her. And he had cleaned up her things. If anything, though, that only confused her because if he meant no harm, why had he scared her like that? Or broke into her home!

After a long pause, she pushed his hand away and climbed to her feet on her own, though her legs were shaking. "Don't touch me," she said, wiping new tears from her eyes and trying to steady her voice, though it still trembled. It was hard to go from sheer terror to calm again, and her heart was still racing. She folded her arms over her chest again. "Don't ever touch me again."

Through sheer willpower, forcing her legs to remain steady, she straightened her spine and made her way to the wash basin and splashed her face with water. Her face, indeed, did look like a wreck, the kohl making her eyes look bruised instead of highlighted, and washing her face gave her something to do while she tried to calm down. She dabbed her eyes with a cloth, taking the kohl with it.

"What do you want?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Aeytrious

Lex didn't really know how to respond. He had come because she had been rude, because she had broken her word and caused him a great deal of trouble. Now though, he had terrorized her far beyond what he had intended, and he felt guilty about that.
        "I don't want anything actually. I was annoyed that you had broken your word and sent guards after me. I had not meant to scare you so profoundly, I guess you're a bit more sheltered and fragile than I had expected." He couldn't help admiring her beautiful face. Now that it was clean of the mask that noble women wore, he could appreciate it better. Her eyes were the gorgeous center piece to a masterfully crafted work of art. The gods had taken extra care with her.
        "You know. You look much more beautiful without all that face paint," he went to her wardrobe, and pushed through until he found her robe. "As much as I enjoy the view, and it is lovely," he handed her the robe, "I'm sure you'll get angry at me if you don't cover yourself soon."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Maya snatched the robe away from him and quickly wrapped herself in it, blushing. "You said you would be a perfect gentleman. A perfect gentleman does not look," she said sharply, holding her robe closed.

She took a slow breath in, held it, and let it out just as slowly. She felt a little better now, a little calmer, though she still felt jittery and shaken and unsafe. And her servants still had not come. That was starting to really worry her, because what if...what if something had happened to them? What if he had done something, despite saying he meant no harm? She didn't like the idea that she was truly alone here.

Looking at him finally, she fiddled nervously with a strand of hair. "And please, I am not fragile. I think any woman would be scared if a strange man showed up in her room--while she was undressing, I might add!--and pinned her to the rugs! And that is exactly why I called my guard! You robbed me! And then you followed me home! You are dangerous. Honestly, you were an utter and complete imbecile to think I'd ever bargain with the very man that robbed me, much less keep my word when my choices were cooperation or something worse!"

Then, realizing what she'd said, her eyes widened and she pressed her lips together.

Aeytrious

"You were an easy mark, those men had intended to kill you and take everything you had." Lex went back to the fruit bowl and began rooting around. He quickly found an orange and started peeling the thing as he continued his strange encounter with Maya.
        "Had I not come along you'd be a naked corpse and those men would be out free," he sat on the perfume stained rug, tossing peel into the waste bin. "I ask for no thanks, I am a thief myself, and my intentions were not altruistic in nature. I simply feel that when someone gives their word as bond, it should be held. I'm not big on breaking promises." He popped an orange wedge in his mouth before continuing. "And that look of caution on your face is wasted on me. Like I said when you weren't listening, I would never steal your maidenhead. I think I could convince you to give it to me willingly, given enough time, but I may steal a kiss now and again." He gave her another charming smile and wink.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

His words relaxed her a little, if only because she found them so ridiculous! True, he had a valid point in there somewhere about the part where she would have been in worse trouble had he not intervened, and he did at least admit he wasn't all pure, but she got stuck on the part where he seemed to believe he could seduce her. She barked a laugh, the sound a little hoarse from all her screaming.

"Oh please!" Maya said with a roll of her eyes. "As though I would be so cheap! And with a criminal no less! I would be insulted if it weren't so absurd."

She adjusted her robes and gave him a look, flipping her hair over her shoulder. "For one, I happen to be saving myself for someone noble and charming and...well, and probably someone very strong and clever! A warrior of some sort! Someone with muscle and brawn who can lift me one-handed and--" She paused, glowered at him.

"And as you can see, you do not meet the qualifications. Not to mention this person would not have robbed me! No. That is not how it works. How it works is he would rescue me from the bandits, sweep me off my feet, whisper sweet nothings, carry me home in a swoon, and--and, well, a lady never tells. As you can see, you and I, our particular narrative took a wrong turn somewhere at the part where you 'rescued' me and proceeded to harass me for my things."

Aeytrious

Lex's grin grew across his face as Maya so boldly challenged him to seduce her. He'd have to spend some of his sizable savings on some noble attire. He'd dig up the signet ring of his fathers that his mother had pilfered for him when they left his estate. He knew how to behave as a noble did, and he'd show her as much at another time, but right now he could show her how strong he was.
        He rose from his place on the rug finishing the last of the orange and wiping the juice from his face. He stepped around Maya to reach the wash basin, he doubted getting her sticky with orange juice would make her very happy. Then he turned to her smiled in his charming way, gave her a small nobleman's bow, and proceeded to sweep her off her feet, in the way heroes were supposed to carry damsels. She was even lighter than he expected, but he braced her well. Expecting to be pummeled shortly, he didn't want to drop her. While she was still shocked from the movement, he moved toward her chaise lounge. Hopefully he could set her there gently before she started hitting him.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Maya's eyebrow arched and her eyes narrowed when the thief bowed to her in the perfect imitation of a nobleman. "What are you...?" But before she could finish her question, he'd literally swept her off her feet.

"Ah!" Out of pure reflex, she threw her arms around his neck to hold on. The action was so unexpected, so random (to her, at least!) that it was several seconds before her mind caught up with the present. The thief had her halfway to her lounge before she began to protest.

"What--what are you--?! What do you think you're doing? Unhand me! Unhand me right this instant, you fool!" she said, and began to pound at his chest and kick her legs.

Aeytrious

As Lex was expecting the struggle, he was prepared, and Maya was not dropped due to her sudden and violent motion. He did not want to just flop her on the floor when he set her down, and so he continued to make for the chaise. When he arrived, he gently lowered Maya onto the lounge and stepped back giving a proper bow accompanied by, "M'Lady." He had spent many days observing the nobles that visited his fathers estate, and since leaving, still found watching the pomp and frill of the well-to-do, entertaining. Mimicking the movements perfectly was no hard feat for a man so in control of his own body. It was not as if it were a complicated dance, even so, he was a good dancer too. It was unfortunate that that grace did not extend to pugilism. No matter, Lex was an expert with a bow, skilled with a sword, and used words like knives. His fists very rarely came into the equation. Here with Maya, it was his charm he was attempting to disarm her with. Strength of arm was not necessary, but it helped with flashy gestures of manliness.
        "Is my Ladyship comfortable? Or shall I fetch her another pillow?" He put on another disarming grin, and gave Maya yet another charming wink. This was clearly all very fun for him. A game really, and he was ever so good at those.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Set gently on the chaise, Maya tugged her robes close to her body and stared at the thief, utterly baffled by this turn of events. Suddenly, he was acting the part of the noble gentleman--and without the clumsiness of a pauper. Her jaw dropped before she could control herself, but then she gave a sniff and looked away, pulling her hair over her shoulder and playing with it anxiously.

"Are you mocking me now?"

Aeytrious

"Of course I'm not mocking you," Lex replied, his smile never wavering for a moment. He sat where he stood, losing his noble stance quickly. Just because he could mimic them, didn't mean it was something he enjoyed.
        "Your fruit has done little to abate my hunger. Would you care to join me out for a meal? I could snare a coney or put an arrow in a pheasant."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Maya continued to gawk at the man as more absurd statements spilled from his mouth. She scoffed and rolled her eyes skyward. It was difficult to hold onto fear when the subject of that fear was behaving so...ridiculously.

"You consider snaring a thin, gamey hare going 'out for a meal'?" she asked flatly. "How dull. And what on Earth makes you think I'd want to join you after the trouble you've caused me?"

Aeytrious

"Well I'm pretty much the luckiest man in the world, so I think I'd catch the fattest rabbit you've ever seen," Lex gave Maya a shrug along with his response, "and why not offer you a meal after treating you so poorly. To make amends." He looked back toward the fruit bowl, but it was lacking in anything that would truly dent his hunger.
        "Unless you wanna call a servant to bring us a meal. I just need some meat."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

"I would call my servants, but for some reason they weren't coming when I was screaming my head off, so I'm not sure they'd hear me now," Maya said with a slight pout, still feeling rather put out about that. Didn't they care? She might have been worried something had happened to them, but the fact that the thief had suggested she call for them meant he hadn't harmed them.

Though he'd also made it clear he didn't just go around hurting people, so...

With a soft huff, she turned on her side to face him, expression flat but pensive. "So you truly want to apologize for your wretched behavior, do you?" she asked, and quirked her lips in a smile. "Hm. Very well! Then I suppose I'll let you take me out."

Sitting upright and straightening her hair, she rose to her feet gracefully. May as well. There wasn't much else to do after being abandoned here when she could have been having fun in Essyrn, and for all that the man aggravated her, he was at least more interesting than these lonely walls. And if he truly wanted to apologize? Well, she might accept it, if it was a good enough apology.

Striding past him to her wardrobe, she dug around in it, looking for a new outfit. "Of course, my soldiers are out there hunting for your head, so that could be problematic. But if you agree to be my servant, perhaps I could call them off. You seem to have that down already, anyway, for some reason. How is it that a dirty thief like you knows how to behave so proper?"

Aeytrious

"Your servant? For today you mean? Please explain. And if you had listened when I introduced myself, I have a nobles name, and noble blood in my veins. I'm one of the many bastard children of house Gautier, Sean Alexander Gautier, madame. Son of a serving maid." It was well known in Adela that Lord Gautier took whatever woman he wished to his bedchamber. The man was a scoundrel, and a rake. His noble blood and title were all that kept him from the gallows. He most likely had more bastard children than any man in Adela.
        "If I'm to be your servant for the day, what will we do about my dress? It's a bit woodland for a noblewoman's manservant."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

"Of course for today," Maya said with a scoff. "In any case, we'll just have to find you something--wait. Did you say House Gautier?"

It was obvious Maya hadn't been paying attention to most of what he'd said; her hearing was rather selective when people weren't talking about her. A bastard child, hm? She supposed that would explain some things.

"Hm. Interesting. As I was saying, we'll just have to fetch you some suitable clothes. So if you'd go wait outside, I'll finish changing and see what I can do."

Aeytrious

"Wait outside?" Lex asked Maya, "why don't you use that fancy gilded changing screen and get dressed back there? I doubt it would go over well if your servants came upon me waiting outside for you to change."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Maya gave him a sly look, chin lifted. "Because I don't trust you not to peek."

Aeytrious

Lex gave Maya a bored look. "As ravishingly beautiful as you are, I will not peek. I have been called a rake, but I am not without manners." He headed for her door anyway, opening it gently and peeking out. The passage was clear. He opened the door and stepped out. "Do be quick." Lex closed the door lightly behind him, and stood as a guard would, outside the room.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Tags: