Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Retch-A-Sketch (the Community, Turn Base Art game!)

Started by visualspice, January 31, 2014, 03:00:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Introducing a brand new game, brought to you by Visualspice. :D

RETCH-A-SKETCH

The basic idea for this game is the game starts off by one drawing of an SOTE character on a relatively large sized canvas- but leaving enough blank space so that others can draw and add to the original piece. Meaning, - I go first. I am posting a sketch of my SOTE character Dekka Blade. I have one week to complete the drawing. Once it's done, I post it.
If the person stating they're going to draw does not submitt within a day (24 hours of said post), the request slot opens again. This is a turn based game and posts and additions to the drawing can only be made as such:

Visualspice starts off the game.
Once her drawing is posted, the next post is from who wishes to add to the drawing by posting a request.
No one else can post a request to add to the drawing at this time once a request is already made.
They have one day to get their drawing finished and ADD that to the previous graphic posted from the previous player. Once they are ready, they post a reply with the updated image :)

The purpose of the game:
Each graphic will add to the next, until the ENTIRE canvas will be filled with silly, fun sketches of our SOTE characters :)
Keep in mind, you can shift drawings around, print it out and draw over top of it, rescan it in and submit that way (so it does NOT have to be a digital drawing!) But don't delete what others did. The idea is to ADD to the piece, not take away. Let's see how many characters we can cram in this >D

When you post your drawing update, please let us know who's character you drew and the character's name.

Please do not post a 'waiting' list. If you want to draw, you have to wait to post your request until the last person posts up an image update of the drawing (meaning once the last person posts up their addition to the canvas, only then can you post saying you want to be next).

HOW THE GAME WORKS:
After the game begins, anyone can post stating they want to join- HOWEVER, post requests can ONLY be made AFTER the last person's drawing was added to the canvas and posted to this thread :D

Here is a sample:
I drew my character Dekka Blade. He was draw in dark purply-blue. Then the next 'person' added the girl in pink (colors are not needed, I just used this for the demonstration!)

See how Dekka's pose offers a lot of fun for you to play with? I'll start it off with him, with his arms open like that and see what the next person comes up with :D

Ok! I will start.
Below is the first submission graphic of my character: Dekka Blade.
Whoever posts next is next in line, you have one day for a sketch! Please do not post comments or post your request to draw next until the appropriate time.
PM me for details if you're confused! ^_^

And remember- have fun :D

Keep in mind:
No duplicates of characters
You can't spam the drawing requests- so please keep that in mind. It's ok to add more than one sketch to the canvas, however, only one sketch can be added per request.
If you want to add more ketches,  you have to wait until at least two more people submit to the drawing after your last drawing sketch before posting again. (this way, we can ensure multiple people can participate in a timely manner!)

HAVE FUN >D
PS- sketches DO NOT have to be beautiful :D
Just be sure the sketch is YOUR original drawing, be it a digital drawing medium or hand drawn sketch. No pixel artwork. Sketches only <3   
Also, it's ok to change the image size and canvas, just don't crop out anyone's artwork XD
It's also ok to add props but only one prop can be added per sketch turn.
>D

<3<3<3<3

*And if you wonder why the name is Retch-a-Sketch, blame Aeyt, I mean, you'll see >D
I'm assuming the drawing will get so crowded it might start looking like scribbly vomit lol
<3

Can't wait to see the sillies!
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Klezmer Gryphon

I suppose this will be fun.... I'd like to go first!

Klezmer Gryphon

Alright, so I added a little sketch of my legate, Maximus Aurelius... As well as a table with some cake XD

zozee9

Okay I'm claiming this next spot just 'cause I have an idea. :3
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

Art Thread: Here! | deviantArt Profile: Here <3

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

zozee9

Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Rhindeer

Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Rhindeer

Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

visualspice

The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

visualspice

Ok so I added a prop and character >D
I added Jarrett L'isson (my character) and an npc prop- Figleo Bak (the stinky, fly collecting corpse next to Jarret- btw- Jarrett is the one smokin' lol)

XD

Tak

Tak

I suck at drawing and I used Paint. Don't Judge! Sorry... I kinda suck at this. At least I gave it a go.

Here we have Baihua looking at everyone else through a dream.

Anadwen

You get a Hammish and a cake!

can someone photoshop it into the picture? I couldn't manage to do it... :(

Cambie

Finger-painting time D:

(I'll also see if I can get that little hobbit into the picture as well)

Anadwen

Hammish loves cake! Hurr durr cake! Also, he doesn't brush his hair.

zozee9

zozee9

Lol I tried. It's Alycia, my mermaid. <3 p.s. that's supposed to be a porthole.

visualspice

visualspice

I added my character Gherrick! And he's supposed to be flying from a chandelier and holding a mop!

EDIT: I also edited Dekka's height lol
he was kind of tiny before XD

Tags: