Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Of gold and outlaws

Started by Anadwen, February 01, 2014, 08:55:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anadwen

Darkness in his mind got somewhat lost at the stench and taste of wine, and Aldanith opened his eyes with a groan. His head was throbbing, and was he on... His bed? Why?

He glanced at Deacon, reaching for the side of his head. "Uhm... Did I just... Did you...?" he muttered, raising a brow at the younger elf. Only then he noticed the drops of blood on his arm. "Shit. Guess I've lost this." he growled, and wiped the blood off his skin.

"I see you found my wine... You're pretty quick. Though I have to thank you for pulling me up on the bed." he grinned, and reached after the bottle to have a rather large drink from it, too. "Never fight drunk, or you're in deep shit."

Zero

Deacon settled into a chair beside the bed while Aldanith came around, the newly appointed second-in-command made himself right at home. "I'm afraid so, Boss. You lost, but don't feel bad, at least it was to me and not some pathetic greenhorn."

He grinned and touched his side, then showed off blood stained fingers. "Plus you got me pretty good. Desire's gonna gripe at me while she's fixing me up." He smirked, his sister was going to shit a brick when she found out that he'd gotten a promotion AND beaten the boss in a duel.

"Finding things is what I do, Boss, and no problem on the bed. I could have left you on the floor, but just cause I whipped your ass don't mean I can't be nice-like about it." Deacon smirked.

Anadwen

Aldanith smirked. "You just got a bit lucky. I was winning. Don't get too confident - if I weren't drunk and if we wouldn't fight inside, I'd have kicked your ass into the dust." he winged off.

"And remember that we're training since tomorrow's morning... If you know what sweating blood is like, then be prepared for twice the hell." he reminded him. He already knew what he had prepared for him...

He took another swig from the bottle, and stretched himself on the bed, nonchalantly unbuckling the gauntlets. "I should call someone to bring food... Or you could." he decided. "Yeah. Go tell the first rat you meet to bring me a plate of meat."

Zero

"Yeah, yeah..." Deacon waved his hand dismissively. "Just let me bask in my moment of glory, would ya?"

The younger elf grimaced as he was reminded that training started the next morning. Well, he had said he was up to the challenge, but damn, after over two hundred years you'd think he was trained enough. Though he had a feeling this was going to be a lot more of a bitch than anything he'd done before.

"Sure thing, Boss. One huge hunk of meat coming up." Deacon got up smirking, but hurried to do as he'd been told. As soon as he was in the main hall he was ambushed by Desire, who was glaring at him.

"What in the hell took you so long? These gorillas would know an insult from a compliment, and they're drunk and touchy-feely." She pouted, not liking when the other outlaws hit on her.

"Oh stop whining and fetch a nice big plate of roast for the boss, would ya?" She gave him a sour look and stuck her tongue out at him before stalking off to do as she was told. Not bothering to wait he ran back up the steps and sauntered back over to the chair by the bed.

"My sister is bringing it, but she's a lazy, slow bitch, probably should have asked somebody else." He chuckled, but the Boss had said the first rat he saw...

"I am not slow or lazy, and I'm not your serving wench either." Desire snapped, as she appeared carrying a large platter of meat, bringing it over to the bed and scowling unhappily at her twin brother.

Anadwen

Aldanith chuckled, but it was a somewhat hard, cold sound, and took the plate from her hands. "Sure you aren't, pretty..." he winked at her, and gestured her to leave. "If you excuse us, we have business to discuss with your brother."

His fingers grabbed a piece of the roasted meat and gracefully dropped it into his mouth. He ate with the elegance of a noble, though maybe too excessively exposing his tongue and teeth while he bit into the flank between his fingers. It was definitely far from both other outlaws, eating like beasts, but also normal people. He dined with pleasure from the process itself, and showed it off so much that it came out almost provocative.

"Have some. I'm so not going to eat this all." he offered Deacon, waving his hand at the meat.

Zero

Desire's red eyes flashed dangerously as Aldanith took the plate, his words caught him nothing but a haughty sniff and she left with her nose stuck up in the air, hips swaying provocatively as she retreated from the room. Deacon just shook his head with a smirk. His sister thought herself high indeed, but then again, he hadn't exactly discouraged her superiority complex over the years. He was equally as arrogant as she was.

"I think she needs to go out dancing, been too long since she was to put to actual work." He mumbled, thinking about setting up a job for his sister. Idle hands and minds got dangerous, and his sister was more dangerous than some.

Pulling a strip of meat from the roast and popping it into his mouth, savoring the flavor before licking the grease - arguably the tastiest part - off his fingers, Deacon watched Aldanith with a sort of amusement. "You look like you're having way too much fun with your food, Boss."

Anadwen

"Food's always way too much fun if you know how to eat it..." Aldanith mumbled, staring at Desire, elegantly walking towards the door. Her hips were moving in an almost hypnotizing rhythm, and he could hardly pull his eyes away from them. Damn, she was really pretty!

At last, when the hard wooden door closed behind him, he turned his attention back at Deacon. "Uhm, yeah, yeah, you definitely should get her something to do. Better not let the others lay a hand on her, uh?" he winked, and put another piece of meat into his mouth with the same kind of grace as before. The grease, dripping off his fingers, was just wiped into his trousers, and he continued eating.

"But back to the subject." he said, eventually pushing the half-empty plate away. "I have a few questions to ask you... Nothing you should be afraid about. Mostly stuff you know and stuff you can do. Answer honestly, because if not, it can get you into trouble. Everything you say is going to be used..." His ice-cold gaze was aimed straight at him, piercing and hard.

Zero

Deacon snorted, watching Aldanith watching his sister. He knew that his twin was gorgeous and seductive, they hadn't called her Desire for no reason, after all. A flare of anger and jealousy flashed in his dark red eyes, not liking the way the boss was eyeballing his dear sister as she left them to their business.

"I don't let anyone lay their hands on her." He said pointedly, and he hoped that Aldanith recognized that he meant him too. It was definitely high time to move his sister out of this cesspool and put her back to working the taverns and inns. Her dancing always produced results, depending on the crowd, quite good ones. Ripping off a room full of mesmerized merchants or lords was easy work for his sister.

Sighing, Deacon rested his elbow on the armrest of his chair and cupped his chin in his hand, watching Aldanith, returning the cold, piercing gaze with one that was more than a little irritated, mostly still thinking about Desire. "Ask away, Boss. I'm an open book to you."

Anadwen

The edges of Aldanith's mouth twisted to a confident smirk. "Good. I don't want you to get into trouble." he said, completely ignoring his first remark. He knew he could get rid of Deacon, if he wanted, and claim Desire for himself, but his need for a good heir and second-in-command was bigger than the beastly desire for a girl that he'd only see for a night or two, anyway.

"Then let us move onto the questions. Nothing personal, don't worry... I've seen your fighting style and experienced it myself, unfortunately only for a short while. I'd only like you to describe your strengths and weaknesses in combat, your abilities, preferred weapons, and so on. I know you can ride a wolf, but what about a dragon? And swimming?" he raised a brow. Many outlaws weren't able to swim, what sometimes proved fatal, and he wanted to make sure that Deacon won't be a victim to such mistake.