Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Blood in the Sand [m] [open] [max join=2]

Started by Yvhv, February 03, 2014, 12:01:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yvhv

Pain. Agony. Suffering.

A noise in the distance, a pack animal crying out.

Hatred. Rage. Wrath.

Voices calling out in a  strange tongue.

Hunt. Seek. Kill.

These things, are what awoke her. Within her mind, the agony of life was piercing at her heart. The sensation of suffering had shaken her. And the sheer weight of her pain was chipping at her sanity. It had all started, with the pack animal. The stupid creature, had run away from it's masters, and into the desert, bellowing out and crying in the wind. it stomped and trampled on the desert sands beneath it's feet, scared and full of unknown dread.

Hatred for this creature soon welled up. Rage at it's stupidity was awakening her instincts. Her wrath, would soon be flooded down upon it, like a waterfall after heavy rains.

Then, there came the voices. the voices of the humans, seeking their lost animal. her stomach growled. Her body needed nourishment. it had been 15 days since she had last eaten, and buried herself beneath the sands to hide from the raging storm above. The clothes she had been wearing, the cotton shirt and padding, and the chain mail on top of it, had been lost. as had her sword and chain, her weapons of choice. she was naked, hungry, tired.....and infuriated. a dangerous combination.

The animal, shall die last. First, i shall find a suitable raiment. this sand grits against my non scaled parts in ways i do not favor.

This was indeed true. the sand was rubbing her upper half raw, making her breasts hurt. the pain was more of an annoyance though, if anything. she silently slithered and rose form beneath the sands. it was dusk. the perfect time for a predator to hunt. her pale, almost soft violetskin seemed to glimmer in the dimming light. her scales, the ocean of colors, seemed to burn with this dimming light. she rose up, and sniffed the air.

"There is something more here than just humans and an ass. Something.......I've never smelled before...."

RainbowSeeker

It had been some time since he had last seen her. Her soft and sweet voice swelled into his mind as he began to stir from his dream. He couldn't remember just how he had arrived in the Moraki Desert but that didn't matter. His dreams were still there because as he sat up he saw her face. His lovely daughters anguished face, twisted in disgust and sorrow. He couldn't question her, couldn't touch her, because she was his own blood. None of the magic he knew could stop her because her love was too strong for even him to break.

Bloed had arrived in the desert a few days ago. He was a stow-away on a caravan crossing the rough sands and scorching heat. His memory was shot though after he had been attacked by the caravan's leader. There was absolutely nothing wrong with being a hitchhiker, though times were getting rough since that war began. It was a conquest of the mind to stay out of it. He was a rogue mage, and a Blood one at that, the worst sort. At least that's what people told him when they found out about him. Though none of the witnesses lasted an encounter with him.

Could that be why his daughter left him? Had she somehow found out he was killing observers? No that couldn't be it. Since he had ran from those two devil's he had forced himself to remain normal. He hadn't used Blood Magic since that dreadful day.

His thoughts stopped. He heard something cut through the air. Swiftly he stood up, sand falling down around him. The dimming light of day allowed him some sight but he still couldn't see. Damn his clothing! They weren't suited for the desert they were suited for a performance. He might have to change his style later but he did love them. They allowed him to steal without  being noticed. Reaching under his coat he pulled out a scope. Unrolling it and pointing it towards the noise he scanned the desert around him. There were people still here? Maybe he could catch a ride. But what he saw wasn't what he wanted to.

There was sand shifting out there. Almost as if the coming night was calling to creatures who were more dangerous than humans with magic. He couldn't tell if it was a trick of the light or if he really had seen something glimmer out there. It could have been treasure but he lost sight of it as he scanned further and found a small group of wandering people. They were the ones calling out. How stupid to do such a thing.

"You're going to get yourself eaten if you don't realise what can hide in the sands." he murmured to himself as he just watched, noticing nothing else but the noisy people.

Brisinger987

The darkness fell unnaturally quickly over the Moraki desert, the air growing thick and dense as night seemed to fall within minutes.

Across the void, over thousands of realms, the Hive Mind set it's sights on trying again with this world. It had defeated it again, the first intelligent realm to be devoured by the beasts of endless hunger.

Beneath the sand, portals opened, and the beasts came pouring out, hundreds of Fenresk swamping the desert, followed by Vorhan, Vimrani and Huanyo, the beasts directed by the endless hunger of the Hive Mind.

And yet, another sentience had set it's sights on the realm of Earth. The sentience of another hive mind, another Nervana Swarm, who sent a similar force to begin devouring the world around it. The two swarms of beasts closed around the caravan, and all it's occupants, as well as Verzerte. Their smell would be completely alien, a mixture of acid, fresh gore and viscera, and sulphur.

However, neither swarm recognised the beings caught in the jaws of their trap. They only recognised each other.

Yvhv

Verzerte smelt them first. Their foul stench filled the air. Realizing then, that something unnantural had appeared, Verzerte had slithered back underground after stealing a shirt from the caravan and would observe from a distance, making her way to a far away dune, 300 meters away. Rising from the sand, she watches, observing the two massive forces about to collide. They are unlike anything she has ever seen...and inher time of existing as a real but ethreal ghost being, she had experienced a lot.

"This is unprecedented. and very interesting....i shall stay and watch.....and if i must, i will fight."

Brisinger987

The hive minds sensed the group between them, and converged around them, hoping to maximise the death toll as much as possible. If they could devour more mass than the other beings, they would win.

Meanwhile, neither hive mind was aware of the other, only the intermediaries, the two swarms closing the jaws of an unwitting trap around the group of traders, and not noticing Verzerte sat on the dune.

Yvhv

Verzerte Watched with great interest, the gathering occurring before her. The massive armies of unknown creatures circling the humans, preparing to possibly fight it out. A tinge of fear resounded inside her body.

"I may be able to fight them off if they come for me....But i doubt i could kill them all....If they do...i Shall have to be in spirit form first, so that i have at least enough headwind to slay The most troublesome....However, i shall only be able to stay in spirit form for so long, lest i risk being stuck....."

Within her mind, one of her personas cackles. "Let's go now, and kill them all hwile we can!! we can eat them then!!"

"Be silent. we need to be tactiful and clear headed in this situation..rushing in and fighting owuld be a bad idea."

"But we are so hungry!!"

"No! I am hungry! but i will not allow my hunger to cloud my judgement! now be silent!"

and with that, the inner voice fades away, and verzerte lays flat upon a sand dune, to watch the unfolding terror before her.

Brisinger987

One swarm was closer to the caravan than the other, and it was instantly overwhelmed, the inhabitants being slaughtered. The only safety appeared to come from the caravans themselves, which soon proved futile as the psychic beams launching from the Huanyo tore the structures apart, slaughtering all life within.

Then the two swarms collided, and an all out war ensued, roaring and snarling filling the air.

But then, just as quickly as it had started, it stopped. It was over, and both swarms mingled as if they were one all of a sudden, this seemingly split personality almost inexplicable.

Almost.

In fact, the two swarms had merged, their hive minds becoming one and ruling over a vast number of beings.

Then the fabric of space itself opened, and through stepped Dolnorvi.

Yvhv

Verzerte watched as the caravan was destroyed, and gazed in wonder and amazement as the two forces collided...then stopped. It appeared that they had become one force.

"very troublesome."

And then she saw one exit from a portal. "That one must be a sort of leader...hmm..."

and with that, she burrowed beneath the sand, to calculate a plan.

---

Viha was resting many leagues away, on a large plateau in the desert. In this form, her glorious dragon form, one of her truest shapes, she was watching the vast desert. Her 23 Meter long body, was muscular, powerful, and mighty, but yet seemingly streamlined, and lithe, a perfect combination of speed and strength. Rising from her Laying spot, she rose to her legs, her 15.4 meter height making her a giant. She was an apex predator. and she was hungry. But, she felt something unnatural in the distance. a congregation of a single mind....if that was possible.

"i need to keep my mind powers in better check.....else i may be found by something i dont want to be found by."

Spreading her massive wings, she springs into the air, and flies high above the cloud line. She flies in the general direction of what she felt earlier, her telescopic vision allowing her to scan the ground as she looked from the clouds. Thats when she saw it. A huge force of unknown creatures, with a large biped standing among them.

"What int he name of the realms is that? and what are they?"

Remaining ever cautious, she flies higher, and hides within the clouds, but still ever watching, flying silently.

Brisinger987

Dolnorvi took a thunderous step forward, and snarled, looking down at the sand.

"A desert... Hmmm..." Dolnorvi looked at the Vorhan, and they instantly began burrowing, spreading out in all directions, looking for prey under the sands, while the Huanyo took themselves a bit higher to look around, while the Fenresk spread out just behind the Vorhan, making a huge, expanding ring of monsters, which Dolnorvi freely roamed.