Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Never done this before

Started by Alegretto, February 13, 2014, 12:18:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alegretto

So I literally just found out that text-based RPing is a thing, so I'm kinda very, very new to this. Still, this looks like a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to many romping adventures. Thanks for having me, and apologies ahead of time for anything that I may do wrong during the learning process.

Lion

This place IS a lot of fun!  And I'm glad you found your way to it!  Be not afraid, young padawan, as though this place may seem daunting at first, what with all the information that is readily available, but take your time as you may, and if you have any question, please feel free to ask!  Everyone here is super friendly and eager to help.  Be sure to read 'The World' section in the tab above to get familiar with the lore and world.  And with that I also point you to the SotE Wiki that also contains loads of useful information worth looking through.

Take as much time as you need and have a great time here!

-Lion.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Welcome to the site! Glad you decided to join us and no worries about mistakes! Everyone of us had to start somewhere :)

Take all the time you need, Alegretto, in looking into the site and don't hesitate to ask questions if you got them. The site is pretty active, so normally questions and things get replied to pretty promptly. And if you feel up to it, we have a chat box located on the main page (at the bottom) which is fairly active, so don't hesitate to stop there to say hello!

-the spice
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Brisinger987

I just want to echo everyone else's warm welcome, and to not be worried.

Zero

We don't bite...much.

Welcome to SotE, the most happening RP forum site on the interwebz. Don't be shy about jumping into the cbox at the bottom of the forum's page, asking questions, or PMing someone! We're all really friendly here. :)

zozee9

Hello! Welcome to SotE! <3 As spicy said, we all have to start somewhere... and we all make mistakes. I still make plenty of mistakes. xD Don't hesitate to ask any of us questions if you're confused. You can typically find me in the c-box which, as spicy said, is located at the bottom of the forum page.
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

Art Thread: Here! | deviantArt Profile: Here <3

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Anadwen

Welcome!

There are three rules...

1. Don't god-mod,
2. Don't make Mary Sues,
3. Have fun!

I'm sure you'll eventually find it awesome and fun :) It's not as difficult or complicated as it may seem. And we're all looking forwards to RPing with you!

Yours truly,

The elven warlord, weapon expert, wanderer, warrior, werewolf-hunter, dragon-slayer, and the owner of the most amazing black wardrobe EVAAAAAR,

The pointy-eared freak Anadwen.

Paradox

Welcome to Spirits of the Earth, Alegretto. I'm not going to repeat what you already know now like a broken record. However, if there's something you don't know and need information/advice on then don't hesitate to ask us.

You couldn't have picked a better community to get started with text-based roleplay , quite honestly. We have such a friendly and diverse group here that you're bound to find a place that's nice and snug for you.

Glad to have you with us.

Also, I would like to add onto what Ana said because she's not entirely correct. :-\ 

God Modding is allowed , but only in the instance where your writing partner(s) are okay with it. Also, Mary Sues/Gary Stus are discouraged ,but not forbidden. One should just be aware that some roleplayers will possibly avoid a character if they're a little too good at everything. xD

Anyway, I hope you have fun here Alegretto.

Anadwen

Dammit, Sharkie, I was joking!

yeah, those things are allowed, but nobody really likes them that much.

Alegretto

Thanks for all the responses guys, I'm already having a lot of fun, and I hope to get the opportunity to RP with all of you at some point. Oh, and if you have any advice, criticism, anything, please tell me. After all, the more you know...