Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Fatherly Fling (Wicked) [Continued in Zantaric]

Started by Codestar7, February 15, 2014, 12:55:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Codestar7

((OOC, this thread continues in Zantaric))

Felodas was scouting in the Thunderblacks one day, when from his dragon he spotted a queer being strolling around, doing nothing at all. As he descended, the being cowered, afraid he would be attacked. Felodas noticed it was a merman. And he had a water sprite pet too.

Felodas approached the merman, and asked him, cautiously, "Who are you? And what are you doing here?"
The other man replied. "I am Piquano, a traveller, from Serendipity. I am just exploring. And who are you to question me?"
"I am Felodas Nallmiel, Lord Captain of Dragonriders, in the service of King Akkiel."
Piquano looked like he saw a ghost for a moment.
"What is it? Enquired Felodas."
"Nallmiel, I have seen that name before. An Elf, Farthas Nallmiel. I didn't read on becaus..."
"Farthas! That is my father, who abandoned me as a child. Though one hundred years is but a blink in the life of an elf."
"I know where I can find this. But a dark spell now hangs over the place. We cannot go just us to. There must be others. I fear there are evil forces residing in the shadows." Explained Piquano.

Felodas told Piquano to mount his dragon, and the flew to Ketra.
Felodas announced to a large group of people his situation.
"We will be in the Castle courtyard at dusk. Whoever helps us will be rewarded."
And with that, Felodas and Piquano slicked away, and waited.

Wicked Basket

Gutztomp perked up when he heard the word 'reward'. He liked rewards. Maybe he would have to kill something. Gutztomp started making his way to the courtyard. Any unfortunate enough to be in his way were knocked aside. Rewards are good.

Codestar7

Felodas and Piquano were relieved to see someone come to them. But they were surprised to see it was an ork, with a serious look on his face.
"Hail, have you come to help us?" Felodas queried.
Piquano added, "we will reward 20,000 gold pieces to each person that helps."
Felodas finished, "if that doesn't entice you, we don't know what will."

Wicked Basket

Gutztomp scratched his head.

"What is it I gotta do to get dis gold of yer's," he asked.

20,000 gold was a lot. Gold could by weapons. It could by big weapons. Big weapons are good.

Codestar7

"We have two purposes. To rid the Thunderblacks of the demonic power lurking there, and to find out about my father," explained Felodas.
"We need help clearing the area of a darkness that formed there but one moon ago."
"What is your name? Asked Piquano.
"And are you willing to join us?" Finished Felodas.

Wicked Basket

Rid the Thunderblacks of demonic power. That took a bit a processing on Gutztomp's part. Rid? Like be rid of pests. Which usually meant killing the pests, so there would be killing. Demonic power. That must mean demons. So this guy wanted him to kill demons. That sounded fun.

"I am Gutztomp Gitbreaka," he said proudly, banging on his chest with his fist. "I'll kill yer demons for ya."

Codestar7

"Great!" Called Felodas. He pulled out a pouch of coins, and told the ork "Here is 10,000 before we go. We can wait for another, or take out leave now. It is up to you."

Piquano said "we appreciate your help."

Wicked Basket

Gutztomp's eyes lit up and he eagerly took the money.

"I'll be right back," he said.

He made his way to the nearest armorer to spend his loot. He needed to pick something up for the trip.

Codestar7

"Well," sighed Piquano. He's definitely a character."
"He's eager. I think, by looking at him, he wants to kill things."
"That's always good."
"Yeah."
"How much did we promise him?"
"Another 10,000."
"Wow. How do you afford that?"
"I've been around for over 200 years, and I'm The Lord Captain of Dragonriders. You get paid plenty from the King. It also helps to be friends with Akkiel's ancestors."
"Oh. He had better do a good job."
"He's an ork. He's bred to fight."
"We'll that's nice. A merman, an elf, an ork, a dragon and a shadow wolf. This will make a great battle."

There was silence for a while while they waited for the ork.
"I wonder what he is doing, with the money." Pondered Felodas.
"I guess we will find out, friend."
And with that, they sat, waiting.

Wicked Basket

The ork made his way back to his rich employers with his new toy, a great maul. What better to smack demons with than a giant hammer? He was even more eager now.

"When do we get to killin'," he asked eagerly.

Codestar7

"We can leave right now!" Affirmed Felodas, grinning.
He called to Ralenth mentally, and she came flying down to meet them.
We need to go to the Thunderblacks, where we went with Athran to fight those orcs that one time
I will take all of you?
Please
Ralenth agreed, and Felodas, Piquano, Aquano and Shadowfang all mounted the dragon.

"Are you coming?" Felodas asked the ork, smiling.

Wicked Basket

Gutztomp's eyes widened.

"We're flying?"

He did not like flying. Big orks hit the ground hard and fast and go splat. He did not want to go splat, but he couldn't show fear. He was an ork.

"Yeah, I'm coming," he said.

He awkwardly clambered onto the dragon. This was going to be a long ride.

Codestar7

Felodas' elf instincts sensed hesitance as the ork climbed on to the dragon.
They flew off, leaving Ketra a spot behind them.

They arrived in the Thunderblacks, in almost no time at all, Ralenth being a Daedrothian Mountain Dragon and all. Felodas spat on the ground, remembering the battle he experienced here.

"Piquano, lead the way." Commanded Felodas.
They started off, in the direction of this demonic cave.

Wicked Basket

Gutztomp dismounted, or fell off of, the dragon. He quickly got back up and started following the group. He hoped the fighting would start soon. He needed to try out his new weapon. He NEEDED to.

Codestar7

Felodas told Ralenth to return to her home in the upper Terrin Mountains, and followed Piquano.

They walked for about half an hour, Felodas judged by the sun, when the air started to feel denser, somewhat... Heavy. As they mounted the hill they were climbing, they saw it. A large red portal rimmed by brown material shimmered at the mouth of a cave. There was a small wavy wall hanging in the air only Felodas could see.
"A spell of concealment lies upon this place. Nothing living can be seen from here, nor can any blight. We should go closer, until we get to the field of concealment. Follow me."
Felodas walked slowly to the undergrowth, lied down, and started commando crawling. He didn't like what he saw. Only a very powerful demonic force could create a spell like that. He wondered, in silence.

Wicked Basket

"Nothin's gonna get done that way."

Gutztomp wasn't going to crawl around on his belly like a snake. He needed to hit something. He just started walking toward the big red thing. Maybe something he could hit would come out, or he could hit it until something came out and then hit that. Either way, something was getting hit.

Codestar7

Felodas and Piquano followed the ork, supposing they could be offensive, as opposed to tactical and silent. They knew Gutztomp wouldn't listen, he'd do his own thing. Besides, he was already meters away, charging towards the portal.
As they entered the field of invisibility, they stood, awestruck. There, around a hundred demons and daedroth were rallied, ready for marching.

Felodas knew all of  a sudden. They had been formed up for war. They had to stop this. Felodas got ready his bow, and fired the first arrow, which hit the commander square in the brain, and he fell, after moments shock.

Wicked Basket

A large grin spread across Gutztomp's face as he saw the demon army.

"Finally," he roared.

He then charged headlong into the demon ranks. The demons readied their weapons to parry the incoming blow, but there wasn't one. Gutztomp never even readied his weapon. Instead, he just bodily slammed into the demonic ranks at full speed, causing plenty of disarray. Then he swung his great maul in a huge arc, sending several demons flying through the air. Gutztomp's laughter resounding over any other battlefield noise.

Codestar7

Felodas was surprised to see the ork enter the demonic force's ranks without his weapon. He knew the man was full of surprises by now, he had witnessed many things he did not expect. Felodas started firing arrow after arrow into the demons' rally. Shadowfang ran towards them, and started gnawing their faces, necks, legs, and arms. Piquano dashed forward, and began fighting.
We might need your help with this one, come, but be careful. We are in an invisibility field.
I am sorry, I cannot enter those fields. Flying beings cannot pass through barriers such as that. Replied Felodas' dragon, Raletnth, mentally.
"Shit." Cursed age
Felodas, and continue to fire.

Wicked Basket

Gutztomp was swinging away like a madman. This was one of the best days of his life. Crunching bones and screams of pain were music to his hears. One of the demons found an opening and stuck his sword into Gutztomp's stomach. He would soon learn that that was a VERY big mistake. Gutztomp didn't take to kindly to being stabbed. A large green hand clamped around the demon's throat while the other grabbed his arm. With a roar of anger, Gutztomp separated the demon from his arm, leaving it still grasping the sword in the ork's stomach. Gutztomp then pulled the sword out and ran it through the demon.

"How do you like it, ya piece of demon shit!"

He then knocked the demon to the ground and flattened its head with his boot. The best part of this whole thing? There were plenty more where that came from.