Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

At Least They're Not Apples

Started by Zero, March 07, 2014, 05:55:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero

"To be fair, that was a really smart thing to say." Tesha offered with only a hint of teasing in her tone. It really had been a great answer. In five words he'd taken her from ready to beat him to wanting to kiss him - not that he knew that second part. When he asked if they were "square" she gave an exasperated sigh and rolled her eyes, but couldn't get rid of her grin. "Right as rain, my silly friend."

GoblinFae

Kenneth laughed and eased comfortably back into friendly banter with her as he resumed walking. Ahead of them Brennus twittered angrily at having been ignored before once more resuming his efforts to lead them home.

"Happy as clams?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Zero

"I never did understand that one." Tesha admitted with a laugh as she watched Brennus with no small amount of amusement. Dizzy had run up from wherever he'd hidden and climbed up her leg and torso until he was sitting happily on her shoulder, looking around with interest at last.

"I wonder how far out of the way you led us anyway." The silver-haired ranger mused, looking around the forest with a lazy sort of attitude. Being lost really didn't bother her in the slightest, it just meant they were away from the Clockwork City for more time, which was fine by her. Being cooped up underground was the worst.

GoblinFae

"Me neither," he laughed back with a shrug. His eyes slid to the side though as his lips pursed together in a look of displeasure. "I'm not that bad you know. We're probably only a mile or two off."

Up ahead Brennus trilled, making another quick loop back to them, brushing his wings against each of their cheeks playfully. "Oh you shut it birdbrain," Kenneth groused. "Spirit Guides," he continued shaking his head and looking to Tesha, "can't take them anywhere!"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Zero

Sapphire eyes flashed playfully at his displeased expression, it was so easy to get to him. Tesha thought she was well within her rights to tease and pester Kenneth to her heart's content, but not anyone else - of course. Well, except their Spirit animals! She burst out laughing at Brennus' antics and her friend's reaction to the soft brush of feathers against their cheeks.

"Well maybe not yours. Mine is perfectly behaved!" Dizzy chattered in what seemed to be agreement as his ranger reached up to pat the soft, fuzzy head affectionately.

GoblinFae

Kenneth huffed and glared over at the mink. "Traitor," he growled playfully before reaching out to also pet Dizzy's head. "All of you working against me. Dizzy I thought we had a deal! You were supposed to help out with Brennus over there and I was..." The ranger stopped, his words trailing off as he looked up at Tesha with wide eyes before trying to walk faster ahead of her.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zero

Tesha watched Kenneth with a smirk as he began talking to her spirit animal, but then those sapphires narrowed as he cut off his speech and started walking faster, moving ahead of her instead of by her side. Now that wasn't suspicious at all, she thought dryly. Kenneth was really bad at conspiring, she thought only somewhat mollified by the thought.

"What are you boys up too?" Her tone accusing as she glared at Kenneth's back before shooting a grumpy scowl at Dizzy and then Brennus as well. MEN! Couldn't trust 'em a lick.

GoblinFae

"Nothing!" he squeaked as he increased his speed from a brisk walk to a jog. "Nothing to be concerned about Tesha. I swear! You can trust me on this! Right Dizzy?" Kenneth looked back hoping to see the mink's nod of agreement. He was sent sprawling though as his boot caught in a tree root and he smacked down hard into the ground.

"Still nothing!"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zero

An annoyed growl came from Tesha as she watched Kenneth practically run away from her. Yeah, way to alleviate her suspicion! She adored Kenneth, had since they were fledglings together, but the boy wasn't the brightest or smoothest blade in the armory. Right now he was being decidedly irritating.

Dizzy's only answer to the question was a soft clicking sound as he clung to Tesha's shoulder as she sped up, moving far more gracefully than her partner. When Kenneth fell face first to the ground  a soft snicker escaped the woman as she moved to stand and look down at her fallen comrade with narrowed eyes.

"Nothing? You don't sound or act like it's nothing."

GoblinFae

Kenneth spit out grass and dirt as he turned his head to the side. "Of course nothing! What could it possibly be? Honestly Tesha it hurts you don't believe me. I thought we were friends! FRIENDS!" He coughed and sputtered some more as he got to his knees and finally to his feet.

With a sigh he shook his head in disbelief. "You really don't believe me, do you?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zero

Tesha watched him slowly get up, she didn't even offer to help. When he said it hurt that she didn't believe him she actually snorted. "When someone says that it's 'nothing' and then runs away it is very suspicious."

"On the other hand, you're right about one thing. What could it possibly be? Don't get me wrong, you're my friend, but you're really bad at lying or hiding things." She sighed, arms folded across her chest as she shook her head. "What am I going to do with you?"

GoblinFae

"I was going for a jog! Besides, was it not you who complained about me getting us slightly off course?" The ranger gasped in shock at her and gripped his chest as if in pain. "You dare call me a bad liar like it's a bad thing? I will have you know I am quite the honorable man! And you can do whatever you want with me as long as I arrive home in one piece unharmed," he replied cheekily.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zero

"Very honorable." Tesha agreed with him wholeheartedly. Sometimes it was actually annoying just how good he could be. Although a few moments later her sapphire eyes were shining deviously.

"Whatever I want? Are you suuuuuuuure about that? Because that sounds an awful lot like an invitation to, you know, do something." She stepped closer, head tilted slightly to peer up at him with an almost predatory gleam to her bright eyes.

GoblinFae

Kenneth blinked at her slowly, completely oblivious to how potentially dangerous his statement was to his sanity. "Yeah? I mean I did say whatever," he replied with a shrug. "Traditionally that does mean doing something if that's what you wanted." Brennus twittered a warning at her closeness but the ranger completely ignored it, blind to the look in her eyes.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zero

Tesha was examining Kenneth's face carefully from half-lidded eyes, listening to him talk, before sighing and shaking her head sadly. He really didn't have a clue. Was it ignorance or innocence? No matter how much she teased him or pushed him, he just didn't get it. Why did he never notice her? Well he obviously noticed her, but he didn't notice her. There was a difference.

"You're so clueless it's painful sometimes, Kenneth." With another sigh Tesha took a step back, running her fingers through her silver hair in frustration. She'd been so tempted to kiss him, but it wouldn't help. He'd laugh it off or blush it off or stutter it off as being nothing but her teasing him. God he was infuriating at times.

"Let's just go home." She muttered as she turned away and stalked off in the direction of the Clockwork city.

GoblinFae

For the briefest of moments, Kenneth thought he saw something in the way Tesha looked at him but then it was gone just as quickly as it had caught his eye. He shrugged it off as the sunlight shining through the foliage above them and hurried to catch up to her. While he had no idea how close he had come to receiving a kiss that he then would have blushed and stuttered his way through, he could see his friend was down about something.

Sidling up beside her, Kenneth threw his arm around her shoulders and pulled her tight against his side. "It really wasn't anything serious my friend. You know I wouldn't do something like to you, right? You're the only friend I've got Tess. I wouldn't give that up for the world."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zero

Sapphire eyes slid closed as that arm encircled her shoulders, Tesha let out a heaving sigh as Kenneth pulled her close to him. Tilting her head she let it rest against his shoulder as her arm snaked around his waist. It was a slightly awkward way to walk, but she didn't care. She had to hand it to him, he was trying to be comforting, she was kind of surprised he even noticed that something was bothering her, even if he was off base on the cause.

"I know you would never hurt me or upset me on purpose, Kenny." Tesha peeked up at him an smiled faintly. "Our friendship means a lot to me - everything to me. I couldn't ask for a better friend." But I want more than that. Huffing softly she let her gaze fall to the ground as she leaned softly into him. It wasn't all she wanted, but it would just have to be enough.

GoblinFae

"Never," he repeated emphatically. Kenneth squeezed her close, resting his head atop hers as he took in her scent and let his eyes slowly close to narrow slits as he enjoyed the small quiet moment. He did not even wince as she called him the dreaded 'Kenny' and instead smiled softly.

"So I'm forgiven?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zero

Was he forgiven? What a silly question.

"Always." Tesha smiled as she snuggled against his side, enjoying the way his head rested against hers, and well, just basking in the attention from him in general. Her other arm wrapped around his stomach so that her arms now encircled his waist. "Have I ever not forgiven you?"

GoblinFae

He looked down to see the other arm encircling his waist and felt himself blush slightly, glad that she would not be able to see the warmth of his cheeks. "Always my friend, but there is no time like the present to start and I cannot always believe you will forgive me. One day I may cross that line and I will be quite heartbroken should that day ever come. I could not bear the idea of losing my dearest of friends. No one else ever stands by me like you do Tesha. I doubt anyone ever will."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Tags: