Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Family? Nobody asked for that! [Character ad]

Started by Anadwen, March 13, 2014, 10:52:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anadwen

Not every family is exactly well-functional, but this particular one I am writing about is outright bad.

Aldanith used to have a business of kidnapping pretty maidens with his old band of outlaws when going on raids, instead of simply killing them. That was the case of Deneryn, a priestess of a dark god, and a Drow much as himself, who was blessed by an unusual deal of beauty for one like herself. That, off course, meant that he claimed her for himself, and only himself.

Deneryn wasn't as helpless as she seemed, as her position granted her a sort of shadow magic, streaming from the 'Dark One' she worshiped, but she pleaded him for mercy, and promised whatever just not to meet the fate of many other women that were captured by outlaws. Aldanith, upon seeing the demonstration of her power, decided to use her instead, but quickly figured out that he could get more off her if he pretended to love the naive girl - and especially, he'd be safe that way.

He pretended to love her, and got into a serious relationship with her for a few years, manipulating her and using her as he wished, with astonishing results. When she, however, proved no longer usefull, he simply threw her away. Deneryn was devastated and heartbroken, and ran through the mountains wherever her feet led her. She was struck by even more horror when she found out that she is expecting a child - something that was not appropriate for a priestess like herself. Her hatred for Aldanith even grew, and though she bore him a child, she left it in the streets of Ketra, and begun searching for her former lover.

The character I am looking for someone to take is Aldanith's and Deneryn's offspring - a dark elf child that was left in the streets of the city, never knowing any of his parents. Age about 20, what is still pretty young for a Drow, but his/her name, personality, appearance, and history after being abandoned is completely left to the taker. I highly suspect that (s)he'd be born with a gift of magic, considering both his/her parents have quite strong abilities, but that is also your choice. I also expect him/her to, well, look like a Drow, you know :D And keep dark elf characteristics. It is likely that (s)he'd be a kind of little street thief, but if you want to go differently with him/her, I'm fine with that - just not into an extreme.

PM me, or reply to this to offer taking, with a brief character concept, possibly, and do so if you'd like more information about Aldanith, Deneryn, or anything else, too!