Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Kingdom of Hearts (M)

Started by visualspice, March 21, 2014, 03:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Though naturally her eyes were drawn to the light, she turned her gaze away. She was not going to play this game, and simply sat on the floor, legs crossed and closed her eyes- meditating.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Cambie

The flicker of light from the window continued, and it grew a bit hotter in the room. From somewhere beyond the pane, a faint echo sounded distantly. "Help us..."

visualspice

She heard the voice, but tried to ignore it.
No...
She would not fall prey to his tricks! So as she meditated, she began to whisper her mantra outloud.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Cambie

The faint cries continued.

"Help..."

And they slowly faded.

"Don't leave us, highness..."

visualspice

No.

It was not them. I twas not her people. She had to stay focused- to keep herself in meditation.
The world was nothing. She, weightless. All of this- lost in space and time. But even as she tried to ignore it, the cries continued to creep in- and haunt her.

Cambie

The orange flicker grew brighter and brighter, until it shone through the windows, some sort of fire beyond. The voices continued seeping in, quiet and desperate.

"Don't leave us, princess..."

"Why did you go?"

"It hurts so much..."

visualspice

She bowed her head lower, tried fervently to drown them out, but soon she had begun to sweat. But she refused to acknowledge. It wasn't real. None of this was real. The Heartless King ...  He could not so easily.break her!

Cambie

Soon the cries faded into nothingness, though the room continued to glow a bright orange from the window, and continued to bottle up heat. No more sounds emanated from the window save for what seemed like the crackling of wood in a fire.

For that was the scene outside the window: her Kingdom, engulfed in flames.

visualspice

Jai'un lifted her head, the sounds of the flames crackling, it's color dancing on the walls- the only thing seen in the darkness. Slowly she stood up from the floor and walked over towards the window, and found herself staring at her kingdom, unable to take her eyes away as the very castle she had lived in all of her life, fell to the ground, and the world was being swallowed up in flames and ash.

Cambie

The entire city was engulfed in flames that refused to die or even wane, all while the faint echoes of screaming and cries still lingered in the air like passing wind. And then in the distance, a faint light began to spiral up into the sky, a little ball of dim light, almost mist like.

It began as one. Then another, and another. Hundreds and thousands of them spiraling up into the sky as though threads from countless spindles, rapidly being pulled into a torrential funnel upwards into a pitch black sky.

Souls.

An entire kingdom's worth of souls sucked into the black void, the lingering screams and cries fading away along with what was left of humanity.

As the scene unfolded before her very eyes, the Heartless King's voice emanated softly in her ear again, coaxing and almost gentle.

"You can prevent all of this, Princess..."

visualspice

Tears wet her eyes, soaked her cheeks and dripped off her chin. Was this really to be the future? Taking a step back, she turned to the King of the Heartless.
"Show me... Show me the promise of their freedom. Show me the future you vowed."

Cambie

As the tears glistened in her eyes, the Heartless King felt something stir in his chest -- right above the breast, where a heart would've been were he more human. He remembered this sensation. It'd come to him unexpectedly only once, when a human princess had somehow imparted a sliver of humanity into his cold soulless husk.

The sensation brought about a sense of rage within his very being, but also a sense of pining. Gods, she had been beautiful.

Beautiful. A human concept that he had no need for. So why did he keep thinking back to her.

A hand raised up to Jai'un's cheek, the pads of his fingers feeling more fleshlike than ever. Gently, he turned her head to look back out the window.

The scene had abruptly changed. Where once was the Princess's burning city, now stood one with ruined walls and gates -- but ruins that were slowly being rebuilt by human hands. Brick by brick, beam by beam, they worked to restore their city that was saved by the grace of their beloved Princess. And at the top of the gates, a silver statue of her stood gleaming in the sunlight. Their memorial to her sacrifice.

visualspice

To see the change brought another sort of sparkle, another sort of tears to her eyes. Something within her own chest tightened, as did her throat. She was breathless, the sight, the recovery...
And the shrine...

"Why would they build such a thing? I abandoned them in hopes for a better future..."
Though a sacrifice, she still felt terrible for ever letting herself become a prisoner to this man and his legion of heartless beasts.

Turning towards the king, she studied his face and found herself asking,
"Is this trickery? This sight before me? I know what you promised.... but this... this vision. Is it real? Or is it your magic?"

Cambie

"It is what you want it to be," came the King's reply.

"Honor our bargain, and your people will live."

visualspice

She placed a hand over her chest, and felt the hard beating of her heart. For a moment, her stare grew distant, and a series of emotions welled within them before ultimately, the last one ended on defeat. She had offered herself over, and even if she had little choice....
She could only pray this heartless king would honor her sacrifice. Or else all of this would be in vain.

She raised her eyes to look up into the king's face. Strange how in that moment, he seemed more human.

"I am your captive. Do with me as you will. But honor our bargain, or I swear to you.." she went on, eyes burning. "You will regret it, and I'll find a way to make you fester in your own hell."