Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Standard Fare (North)

Started by DaGlobster, April 16, 2014, 06:00:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaGlobster

It was a windy, yet sunny morning in Jin'ta. Shopkeepers were opening up their stores, men were stepping out to begin work, and the entire city seemed to come alive. Au'Nvratyis walked through the streets towards the docks, taking in the smells of the sea and the fish. Sure, Kath had seas, but they were hostile, never traveled. Only the coasts could be fished, and even then one risked getting eaten by roving packs of sea monsters. He wore his usual clothing and travel back, but also had on a cloak that completely covered his body and heavily concealed his face. He felt better when people weren't staring at his alien anatomy, it was something he couldn't really explain.

He followed the smell towards the docks, like the locals had told him, rounding a corner and stopping dead in his tracks. The docks were covered from start to end in boats of varying size, and he couldn't piece together which ones were best for what he desired, which was discreet and safe passage to Ainu. He immediately ruled out the massive commercial ships. He didn't want to be confined to a massive hold with several others. He couldn't imagine the kinds of diseases he'd contract.

Suddenly, he spotted it. Not a massive commercial galleon, but just the right size. On it, was a single emblazoned word.

Rain.

He started walking towards it the schooner, towards some men who he presumed were guarding the gangplank. "Excuse me, gentlemen." He started in his exotic voice, an accent not native to any nation on this planet. "I would like to speak to your captain." He said.

KingInTheNorth

Serene was in her captains quarters taking inventory of munitions and such. Her day had consisted of tedious tasks that a captain does. She cleaned, repaired, paid wages, counted inventory, and marked a new course. She heard a knocking on the door by one her crew and opened the door. The pirate told her of the man hoping to speak to her. She had hoped it wasn't another bounty hunter or debt collector. She walked across the deck past the crows nest and stood in front of the man.

"Name?", she asked.

DaGlobster

((Just to let you know, i'm not gonna describe Au'Nvratyis here, simply because it's quite a lot. Look at his bio if you haven't yet, please!))

If Au'Nvratyis had eyebrows, he would've raised one by now. He couldn't see much more than Serene's lower body, thanks to the hood, but he voice was a dead giveaway. A child was in charge of this boat. Still, it was the best option he had, so he decided to play along for now. He pulled back his hood, revealing his head. He looked at Serene's eyes with his own for a few moments, sizing her up, before speaking.

"My name? I suspect you wouldn't be able to pronounce it, so I will give you the short version. Just call me Ky." He said, giving Serene a small bow of his head. "I'm seeking passage to Ainu, and I'm willing to pay in both currency and service aboard this vessel, if necessary." He stated, crossing all four of his arms under his cloak.

KingInTheNorth

As the man revealed himself Serene noticed this was no man. His features were more alien than anything she had ever seen. She gave him a puzzling look as she walked towards her quarters, motioning Ky to follow her. She opened the doors and walked to the other side. Her captains lodge consisted of a table with a large map and various tools including a compass, spyglass, and a knife. On the left side of the room was a wardrobe where she kept her various outfits and armors. To the right was a chest filled with gold and weapons including throwing knives. She stood at the map with Ky.

"Ainu, that's quite a distance. You got the coin? Also, me and my crew taking a few scores is part of the deal.", she said to him.

DaGlobster

"Time is not a constraint for me." Ky said. It seemed what he originally thought was a joke or test turned out to be a reality. It seemed this girl really was the captain of this vessel. It would be rude to turn his back and leave now, however, so he decided to stay his course. "I'm afraid I don't have the coin for the full voyage, but I'm willing to work and serve as a combatant to pay for the remainder." He said, and took a few steps back to undo the clasp on his cloak. It fell to the floor, revealing his powerful physique and four arms. "If you would like a demonstration, I'd be honored to provide one." He said, giving Serene a slight bow. The twin monomolecular swords and single flintlock pistol on his belt jostling as he did so.

KingInTheNorth

Serene was saddened to hear that he was short on coin. Every pirate loved a fat purse. Though when he revealed himself she gasped. She observed his impressive physique and four arms. She also noticed the beauties on his belt.

She shrugged her shoulders,"We could use someone like you to help board. Also, I don't need a demonstration, we are gonna have enough fighting. You should probably put your cloak back on before I show you to your quarters."

DaGlobster

Ky nodded again, and bowed once more. He was  fairly confident that with the service he could provide, he might just make it on service alone. He was a king, after all. He adjusted his traveling bag and put his cloak back on, ready to follow Serene outside.

KingInTheNorth

Serene walked out of the cabin after he put his cloak on with him following closely. She walked down into the ships forecastle where her crew slept. Due to Ky being of a different species than most the men she decided to create a small room for him. They walked past the crews beds to the edge of the room. Serene looked in a barrel and found some sheets and hooks along with some rope. She then stood on a crate and put the hooks into the ceiling.  She then hung the sheets on the hooks to create a sort of screen.  Getting down from the crate she puts the hammock behind the screen.

"This is the best I can do. It'll have to do for now.", she said.

DaGlobster

Ky bowed again. "It is more than necessary. I thank you." He said, and sat down cross-legged on the floor, stretching his arms to the side before planting one pair of hands on his knees and the other pair on the floor.

"You will call for me when you need me, I presume?" He asked, looking up at her. "Or shall I help you undock?"

KingInTheNorth

She was puzzled by the way he sat on the ground, his four arms outstretched in different positions. She had never seen his species before abd was truly confused on what he might be.

"We can get going just fine. You should familiarize yourself wit' the ship for now while we sail off.", she said.

Serene knew there was something about this man. He carried himself the way a nobleman did, though not as condescending. Serene walked out onto the deck and signalled the men to sail south. Serene walked back into her captains cabin. She couldn't stop thinking about the man, and what he was.

DaGlobster

Ky bowed his head at Serene again, and watched her leave. When she did, he remained seated for a few more minutes, thinking about his situation, then stood up. He took down the hammock, and laid it neatly on the ground. The idea of a bed that could flip and dump him out in a rocking boat didn't appeal to him all that much. He put his cloak back on, and stepped back out onto the deck. He was intent on observing the sailors work, learning the various knots and techniques by mere observation.

KingInTheNorth

(4 hours later)

Serene was awoken from a crew member screaming.

"CAPTAIN! WE BEEN FOLLOWED!"

Serene sprung out of her seat. As she exited she grabbed a cutlass and throwing knives. As she walked out she grabbed the spyglass and looked behind them. A brigade filled with what looked like privateers followed them. She cursed to herself and walked down to the quarters.

"Hey! This might be a good time to demonstrate your abilities."

She stepped out topside and yelled to the helmsman,"Turn the ship. Ready the portside cannons!"

DaGlobster

Ky was sitting in the same position that Serene left him in when she came back in, seated upright on the laid-out hammock. When she spoke, he stood up in one fluid motion, and followed her out. He observed the situation for a few moments, before putting all four of his hands together, and closing his eyes. He promtply sat down on the deck, in a spot where rushing sailors wouldn't trip over him as they scurried around the ship. He entered a pre-battle meditative trance, visualising the structure of tbe boat as it creaked and groaned. He tuned out the sailors, and focused on the sound of the incoming vessel as it got closer.

KingInTheNorth

Serene had walked to the side and stood on the edge hanging on to a rope. She pointed her sword at the ship signalling her crew to bombard the pirate hunters. The cannons left a large dent in the ship in which the swivel guns could shoot to create an explosion.

"Get us close! We gonna board er'!", Serene yelled.

Shortly after she sprinted towards the swivels and shot the ship. The explosion caused the sails to alight and the ship stopped. As they neared the ship Serene readied for battle.

DaGlobster

Ky's eyes shot open as soon as the cannons fired, and the ship oriented itself for boarding. He sprung into action, jumping onto the main mast and beginning to climb it with all four of his arms and his two legs. He scaled it before the two ships neared each other for boarding.

He was soon halfway up the mast, standing on the beams the sails hung off of. He picked up a spare coil of rope that happened to be up there, and he cut it in half, tying both halves around his wrists and leaving about three feet of rope free to hang from both of his wrists. The idea behind this was that he didn't consider these pirate hunters worthy of his blades, so he'd go in with his fists, using the ropes hanging off of his wrists as whips.

He braced against the mast, and made ready to board as well.

KingInTheNorth

As the two ships ground against each other and the men braced. Rain stopped right next to the ships and the men started throwing hooks. As the men jumped from ship to ship Serene followed and hopped on the other ship.

Two men wielding cutlasses charged her, and Serene rolled out of the way and turned to throw knives. The knives hit them right in the throat and they bled out almost instantly. she turned and dodged a sword heading in her direction by sidestepping to the left. After which she shuffled behind the man and stabbed him in the back. She took a step back and was back to back with a crew member.

"GIVE NO QUARTER!"

DaGlobster

From where he was standing, Ky proplled himself towards the enemy ship with one, powerful jump, his leg muscles rippling as he made the leap. He soared across the gap, and landed a few feet away from Serene. In his landing, he already killed one man, hitting him with a powerful downward chop that split his skull in two, dropping him dead immediately.

A few enemies that were rushing towards Serene stopped, dazed by his display of power, before they raised their swords and advanced towards him. The first man's jaw was rocked by a powerful and blisteringly quick kick, which Ky followed up with a spinning jump kick that swatted him aside and over the railing.

Three more advanced at once, and he changed stance, opening his palms and bending his legs. He lashed out with a rope whip, wrapping it around one man's throat as he fought the other two at once, using two arms to grab one attacker by the neck and sword-arm and the other to crush the third attacker's windpipe with a well placed two-finger jab.

The man he hit with the rope whip lashed out with his cutlass, and cut it in two. Ky dropped it from his wrist with a quick flick, and the man he had held kicked with his foor, to which Ky replied by wrapping a third arm around the extended leg, and snapping it. The man screamed, and Ky dropped him with a force-filled palm that sent him into some barrels with a crunch.

Then, came the man who sliced the rope. Ky placed a single punch on his shoulder, and he staggered backwards. The man looked at Ky, and then at the broken bodies of his comrades, and decided to fight someone else, running away.

Ky took a moment to release a breath, and went back into the thick of it.

KingInTheNorth

Serene stepped forward only to have another sword hurled at her aimed at her hip on her left. Serene quickly turned her cutlass to point down and moved it to intercept the strike. As the swords collided she grabbed a knife from her belt and jabbed it in the mans throat. As he fell to the ground Serene grabbed the sword from his grasp. Serene now had a sword in both hands. Serene kept walking as she approached the ships captain.

"Show no mercy!", she yelled.

Serene, sword in hand, charged at the man. The captain attempted to swing at Serene but she quickly rolled out of the way behind him. After standing again she plunged the two swords in the mans back killing him. As he tumbled to the ground his crew slowly started surrendering to her.

DaGlobster

In the midst of the battle was where Ky shined. He'd throw himself into mobs of enemies, and fell them one punch at a time. His exotic fighting style left broken heaps of men in his wake as he seemingly walked down the deck, shattering ribcages with kicks and skulls with punches. Compared to some of the things he'd fought before, these pirates were child's play.

Finally, came the first mate, two swords in hand, charging at him like a wind of steel. The first mate's whirling attacks were stopped when Ky landed a single blow on his chest. It didn't break anything, but the man staggered backwards. In this pause, Ky landed a second blow on his shoulder, and then a third on his stomach, and then a fourth, and a fifth.

Before long, Ky was pushing the man across the deck of the ship, raining punches on him like lethal raindrops. With every punch, Ky's fists came back redder and redder from the man's blood, and then he suddenly stopped. The man continued flinching as if the only thing he knew in life anymore was being hit by Ky, and then collapsed into a bleeding red heap. Ky turned around, and saw that the boat had surrendered.

The ones who weren't looking at Serene, were looking at Ky with absolute terror.

KingInTheNorth

Serene, Ky, and her crew had taken the ship successfully. The only problem was to decide what to with the crew. She walked across the deck slowly dragging her swords on the wooden ship. Serene turned to Ky and pointed at the prisoners.

"Since you are our guest. What shall we do with the rest?", Serene asked.

Tags: