Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Tears of the Niafi

Started by visualspice, April 17, 2014, 11:55:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

The two continued on in silence the majority of the way, the Shah becoming quite tired, even in her anxious state. But the moment they stepped out into the gardens, the fresh scents of the flowers and vegetation filled her with renewed energies. She loved the gardens, and had kept herself from them for so long, she felt almost as if she might cry again to feel safe enough to want to step foot within. But as she lead the two upon a stone path through the flowers, her eyes cut warily into the gardens, as if any subtle movement or shadow might strike out at her like the serpent he had saved her from earlier, and out of instincts, she moved closer to him, hugging a bit more securely his arm.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Attila noticed the tightening on his arm but he did not stiffen or shrink away from her.  Instead when they entered the garden he set his eyes on the marvel before him and grinned.  "This is...beyond imagination."

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

His attention upon the gardens drew her back curiously to him. She peered up at him but once before glancing around to the world around them.
"Yes.... the Shah's garden would be nothing less," she mused, but her thoughts were still captured elsewhere, beyond the pretty pink flowers blossoming in the Essyrni sun.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

"And I find myself in much agreement," Attila remarked softly before looking down at her.  Peering into her eyes, he could see she was still greatly troubled and he squeezed her hand upon his arms.  "Let your worries subside, if only for the moment.  There'll be plenty of time to think on them tomorrow."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

At his words, Persea halted as they walked, giving a shake of her head.
"It is not so simple. I am the chosen one of Hakeshna," she pressed.

Lion

"I'm sure even Hakeshna has days off.  She is a goddess after all," he smirked. "She can do whatever she pleases."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"Oh, but I'm not Hakeshna! I'm..." And she realized she was shouting, and placed a hand to her lips and turned away. "Excuse me... I.... as I stated earlier. I am not well." And her nerves were undoubtedly shot as she looked back to the shadows then towards they exit that seemed so far away.

Lion

"I understand completely," Attila, bowed his head to her.  "If you want to go back inside, we can."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"Maybe.." she began, some hesitation in her voice. But then her ears caught the whistles of birds coming from the menagerie. "Oh! But first!" she said, grabbing more tightly onto his arm. "Let's go t the menagerie! I have a pair of birds that are my favorites whom I have not visited as of lately. They are beautiful birds, sun conures they are called, bright yellow bodies and a red mask over their face, with mixed plumage on their wings. They are beautiful and friendly birds. Come," she said, affording him a smile as she lead him towards the end of the gardens and through an open door that opened up into a room full of exotic animals. Some in cages, some not. Her eyes were looking around for the pair of yellow birds when another pair of eyes from her pet cheetah opened to peer at the pair as they entered.

Lion

Whether he showed it or not, Attila really was in awe in all she had to show him.  The flowers were a glory all their own and to have them thrive beyond the sands themselves was a wonder to behold.  He found himself beyond words however when she showed him her collection of birds and his jaw literally dropped.  And then the cheetah.

Attila jumped when he saw the cat and his hand instinctively reached for his sword.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Persea nearly jumped clean out of her skin to see Attila go for his sword. But when her eyes followed his gaze, her hand went to her chest, the other one squeezing his arm.
"Oh, a sword is not needed. This beast is my pet." And she moved forward to lay beside the cheetah who wore an ornate gold collar. The large cat seemed to show it off, eyes never once leaving Attila as Persea scratched behind his ears.
"Her name is Kehfta. And she is half as old as me. A wise and dedicated beast."

Lion

Attila released a breath he hadn't even rellized he'd been holding and blinked at her as if he couldn't really believe the words he was hearing.  "But...but she is still wild no?" he asked.  He still relaxed his grip on his sword.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"Maybe towards you," she informed him with a smirk. "But to me, she's as gentle as a kitten." And she turned her attention back to the cheetah and continued to stroke her, the big cat seeming pleased.

Lion

Attila straightened and soon he was smiling.  "I am glad to see you feel so comfortable around her, as menacing as a creature of the Plains as she is," he said.  The cheetah made a small sound that went between a meow and a growl and he chuckled shortly before stepping toward her and offering his hand to sniff.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

And that's when Persea put her hand upon his.
"I... wouldn't do that." And she turned to face him, peering into his eyes before glancing away, back down at Kefhta. "She... isn't exactly nice towards... men. She's just... never been fond of them."

Lion

He dutifully retracted his hand and straightened. Then he bowed and nodded to the cheetah.  "Beautiful and intelligent.  No doubt the deadliest of combinations."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"But of course," she replied with a bigger smirk and rose to her feet beside him. "What would you expect from your Shah?"

Lion

"I was talking about the cheetah," Attila said smoothly, like cooling glass.  But it was followed by another eloquent bow and he smiled at her.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"I know," she replied, with just the faintest hint of blush to her cheek along with her smirk. "So was I."

Lion

His smile only widened and a gleam struck his eye.  "Good.  I wasn't worried about how you would take that at all," he laughed and observed the cheetah once more, expression sobering.  "So just how long have you had her?  Was she raised here from birth?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn