Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Little Bird Told Me [M]

Started by visualspice, May 09, 2014, 09:00:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Khanna gave him another sharp look.
"What you propose is anarchy. Who do you think lines your pockets when you go on raids?"
Criminals? No..
Criminals would not exist if it weren't for others in powers, and if he was talking about a whole kingdom's corruption, well then..t he little green man was mad!
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DaGlobster

"I Haven't proposed anything yet. I don't appreciate it when others put words in my mouth," Smed said. His tone got dangerous there, and a perilou glint in his eye gave Khanna a look at the kind of calculated, insane evil hidden behind his small, almost non-threatening appearance.

visualspice

If that look was meant to cut him down, Khanna stood his ground, that cool look hardly changing, but there was also a souredness added to it that the little monster would dare think to look at him in such a way.
"Proposals are as they seen. Are you not proposing to rule in anarchy? Anarchy being anything but what Serendipity is now."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DaGlobster

"It ain't anarchy, and besides, I'm getting a bit too ahead of myself," Smed said.

"Whatever those plans are, they aren't due for a long time A long enough time that warrants you not worrying about it. What I've come looking for is an ally against the Soot Wolves. Someone who can join me in a mutual effort of coordination against their operations. Someone to... help me rip their fangs out, as it were. Not only that, but I feel there's much we can offer each other in the way of trade, as well."

visualspice

Khanna cooled off at the prospect of trade, and also a mutual alliance against the Soot Wolves. The Soot Wolves had grown significantly over the past few years, so much it affected her territory- and most of the good spots he and his men used to flourish by. Now they were being pushed back into the back waters and swamp lands as their primary roads of operation, because getting near the city instantly elicited a fight between the Cats and Wolves.

"The wolves.. I'd be game for an alliance and strategy to be rid of them, or at least get them under a muzzle. And this trade you speak of.... Do go on."

DaGlobster

Smed was glad to see he could get Khanna to lose some tension. Of course, his unwillingness to participate in Smed's plan was noted by the small goblin. He'd be less gratuitous when his plans would actually come into effect in the future.

The Cats would join, or burn like Arca.

"In terms of trade, there's much we can offer each other. Things you can get that goblins don't have access to, and things we can get that you humans can't get. In the grand scheme of it all, I'm offering resources and covert services. We goblins can also supply you with plenty of cruel little poisons and alchemical products unique to us."

visualspice

Khanna nodded slowly, taking it all in.
"And the price?"
He was always a man to cut straight to the point. No alliance wasn't without speak of fees. It was the way the world worked, after all. Money was money, and money bred power.

DaGlobster

"Oh, I think you'll find the price to be quite fair, actually. The Anklehacker confederacy has need for steam parts. Pistons, boilers, gears, all those naffs. If we're going to muzzle the wolves, we're going to need some serious equipment. Equipment I have the engineers to build, but not the parts."

He glanced to Valeska, and back to Khanna.

"Exclusive goblin services and goods in exchange for steam parts. That's my initial offer. Of course, if you want a few samples, I have some in this carriage. Although, if we're going to do business, I'd rather take it off the road. Have a camp nearby we can sit down properly at?"

visualspice

Khanna frowned. Despite having a proposed alliance, he wasn't about to lead the goblin (and potentially his whole hoard) into his domain.

"We have an outpost. We can talk there." And he gestured for the pair to follow. "You'll have to come on foot. ANd bring the examples.. only if you wish." She had a rough idea just what he'd propose, and would need time to think this over, but it was sounding more convincing as it was explained. However, Khanna Dey knew he had to be careful-
Working with goblins and trolls could be tricky...
and he had heard more than his fair share of stories of deceit and the fall of foolish human empires who dare ally with them.

DaGlobster

Smed nodded, and hopped down from the small table. He dusted off his hands, and looked to Valeska.

"Come on, then."

He hopped out of the carriage, and stepped behind it to open up the trunk. Coming back holding a small box under his arm, he motioned to the goblin driving the carriage.

"Bring it off the road. Camoflauge pattern six. Camp inside of it."

The goblin nodded, and started the lengthy process of bringing the carriage off the road. Smed looked back to Khanna.

"Lead the way."

visualspice

The out post was surprisingly close. Though they had to walk far enough away from where Smed's men made their hide away, it was probably only a twenty minute to half an hour affair. And the look out tower looked unused for the most part, but once they approached, something moved at the top.

"Keep still if you don't want to get shot!" came the voice of a man at the top.

Khanna just glared up from the bottom of the latter that she was about to ascend to get to where the man was currently residing at the look out's peak.

"Still your arrow if you don't want my brother's wrath," Khanna growled.

The man did a double take and quickly put his notched arrow away.

"Sorry boss! Come on up!"

Khanna just gave one gesture with his head before moving to take the lead, and Valeska gave a sweeping gesture for Smed to follow. After all, he was their guest.

Once at the top, they'd see there wouldn't be a lot of room for the three of them- or rather, four, since the man on duty did take up a lot of space. He was about six feet tall, but was a lanky, handsome younger man. But Khanna didn't seem to think much of it as she took a set at one of the small barrels they used at the look out for chairs.

"Have a seat." She gestured to the other vacant barrel- Valeska would have to stand. "Then we'll talk." And she gave a look to the man on look out who went back to his job.