Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Little Bird Told Me [M]

Started by visualspice, May 09, 2014, 09:00:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

"I suppose it won't be too much trouble," she said through her teeth, wrinkling her nose in a bit in scrutiny, but she smiled through it none the less. "We are all to make an alliance of this, after all. We should be nice in the beginning. Who knows, it could be good for goblins and Mountain Cats to become allies. I see mutual benefits. We've got our wilderness above we rove, and you... the dirt beneath us." Her lips cracked into a subtle dark smile.
"Then I suppose we're back off to the surface then?" she asked, staring back at him expectantly.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DaGlobster

Smed smiled back at her. "Yeah, it's up to the surface we go." He said. He seemed to think for a few moments, before speaking again. "We'll be going back up through the tunnel, and be taking my own carriage from there." He explained, and he signaled for a length of rope.

visualspice

"Oh, I never thought goblins would be ones to go for such things as a carriage. Would someone my size fit?" she asked, eyes shining with mirth.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DaGlobster

Smed's smile dropped off of his face. "Funny." He said flatly, taking a length of rope from a nearby goblin's hands and tying it around his waist. "It's a stolen guard carriage. Gets me around quietly without raising suspicion, and the inside's been armored up." He explained. He walked over until he was just a few inches away from Valeska and stood up on the tips of his toes, holding the rope end up to her. "Shall we?"

visualspice

Valeska accepted the end of the rope and slowly looped it around her own waist, tying it in a loose knot.
"Lead the way."

DaGlobster

(Sorry for the huge delay. I sorta forgot about this thread :P)

Smed smiled, and led the way, tugging Valeska along. Rather than head for the main entrance, he took a side tunnel towards the hidden stable inside the complex. The only difference Valeska would notice between the coming and going trip through the black abyss that were the goblin tunnels was that it was noticeably shorter.

The chamber that they entered was dimly lit in the best parts, and pitch black in the others. Several crude stables lined the long room, and as they walked past them Valeska would notice that within each one was about a dozen giant spiders,with saddles on their abdomens and steering bolts driven into the tops of their heads.

When the two passed by, the spiders screeched, and one of them, a particularly large red spider even lunged at her, snapping it's mandibles as it reached the end of its chain. "That one's special. The boys call him Manbreaker, mostly because he's killed the most men out of all the spiders here. I wasn't there to see it, but his rider claims that Manbreaker toppled a carriage all by himself one time. Must've been truly something..." Smed trailed off, undoing the rope.

"...Ah, speak of the devil!" He said, clapping his little hands together when his carriage came into view. The horses that pulled it were kept remarkably well fed and groomed, which helped pass it off as a guard carriage even more. A stocky goblin was snoozing on the roof, and Smed whistled sharply, startling it awake. It stood there, rubbing its eyes, and Smed looked to Valeska.

"G'wan, tell him where we're going, sweetheart."

visualspice

Valeska was more than impressed. The more time she spent with these goblins, the more respect she felt towards them. THey weren't just 'mindless green men', but it seemed they had enough brains in them to concoct quite a means to live- and quite an army, from what she had seen during her time underground. Yes, definitely aligning herself with such a mass was not a mistake. And it didn't hurt that both she and the little green guy had much in common- well, at least over the fact they hated the same man.

Valeska's lips curled into a smile as she gave a wave of her hand.
"Were going to the mountain pass. But we'll have to be discrete. We can't have anyone follow us. So the path will hardly be direct."

DaGlobster

The goblin carriage driver laughed. "Hardly direct? Show me a goblin who takes a direct path anywhere, and I'll show you a dead one, m'aam." It chuckled and jumped down, going to a large footlocker, popping it open. Inside, was some kind of contraption, half-disguise, half insane steam-powered goblin construct.

It was a complete suit of Guard armor sized for a human, complete with chestplate, cape,  and a carriage driver's mask. The goblin set it out on the floor, and popped open a compartment in the chest and climbed in, closing it behind him. With a sputter of smoke, the thing came alive, and stood up. From a distance, it might as well have looked like a human being. 

It walked over to the carriage, and opened the door, gesturing for Valeska to enter. "In you go, m'aam." the goblin piloting it said.

visualspice

Valeska's eyes lit up at such a concoction. She could have drooled. These little green men continued to surprise her. This made her pleased. Though she knew the wolves were smarter than the average savage, this made the journey a bit easier for her, well for them, to perhaps keep the wolves off their trail.

Taking the man's order, she gave a slight bow to her head and allowed but one last glance over her shoulder before stepping inside.

DaGlobster

Smed, being the professional psychopath that he was, was quick to capitalize on Valeska's curiosity, speaking as he followed her inside the carriage. "That device there's the product of a bunch of wacko goblin tinkerers that call Anklehacker Camp home. Unfortunately, that powered suit of armor's the only thing they ever made, since clockwork and steam engine bits are so scarce out here." Smed explained, sitting across from Valeska in the carriage.

The interior of the carriage was also very well preserved, and even a little luxurious. Smed popped open a compartment on the side wall, pulling out a small bottle of brandy and two glasses. "But, scarce parts or not, those madgoblins have plans for something...well...much larger." He added, and filled the two glasses, passing one to Valeska.

After that, the sounds of the animated suit of armor clambering up onto the driver's seat was heard, and after another minute of some kind of rumbling sound (which was the exterior stable door sliding open), the carriage started off.

visualspice

Valeska smirked. To be offered such a drink made her feel as if she truly were in some royal carriage and not simply making a ride with a goblin. Taking the glass,s he swished the contents around while keeping her eyes on Smed. She wouldn't be the first to drink, naturally. She wasn't about to get poisoned.... Alliance or not, even she knew trust came at a price.

"It's a pity items are so scarce. An army of those things could bring unimaginable pain."

DaGlobster

Smed chuckled. "I've seen the blueprints. Ten of the metal and wood monsters these tinkerers are planning, along with the combined forces of the Mountain Cats and The Anklehacker Gang, would be enough to make us the single most powerful gang alliance this side of Le'Ranna." He explained, and took a sip of brandy.

"The Soot Wolves'll never know what hit 'em. We're gonna handle 'em like I handle my prisoners. Death, only after agony." He added with a sadistic smile, tapping his little claws on the upholstery.

"Rufus and his little pet Owl have the idea in their heads that they scored a victory against me when Rufus pulled that rescue operation. What he doesn't know is that I have his pet's name, and I'm going to burn her life down, and dance on the ashes."

visualspice

"I like the way you think," she nearly purred, her face wrinkling into a gleeful smile.
"And oh? Do tell.." she pressed, quite impressed and intrigued about Rufus's love life. After all.. she was a scornful lover. She wanted to be in on this ash dance, too.

DaGlobster

Smed gave her another one of his smiles.

"Her name's Einin Beirne, pretty little tart of a noblegirl who fancies herself a vigilante. Likes to put on a fluffy owl mask and pretend she can fight crime, in Serendipity of all places. I'd like to see her try to pull the same act in Jin'Ta or Uthlyn. Her family's powerful, but her parents haven't got a clue that she's pulling this act." Smed explained, idly staring out the window.

He then turned his head and locked his beady little eyes on Valeska's.

"You know, if we cause a big enough ruckus in Arca at night, she's sure to come running. Torch a whorehouse or somethin' like that...yeah..an' when she shows up, we could cut her pretty legs off and toss her in the fire..." He rambled, seemingly caught up in his own little murder fantasy.

visualspice

"Einin Beirne..." she repeated the name with a tut-tut of her tongue. The description sounded like Rufus's type. He probably had a bigger ego for it, banging some noblegirl who, of all things, wanted to go about seeking justice. Rufus was probably banging her just to spite what she really was and the simpleton probably knew none the wiser. Even still, it made Valeska a little soured as her eyes sparkled just as dangerously as Smed's. She didn't need to verbalize the wicked plans she was concocting- but oh, wasn't the day still young?

"Cut her legs off?" Valeska lightly chuckled at the idea. "Surely we'll do something a bit more tactful and fun?" She could have purred at the idea, but to burn a whore house?
"I think we should spare the whores. I'm sure there's something bigger we could burn."
And as she thought it over, a wicked grin grew across her lips.

"What all do you know about this Lady Beirne?" The more she knew, the better and more intricate a plan she could make. Oh, she'd have fun with this one. Toying around and making one of Rufus's little sluts pay would be worth the wait to make this thing big.

DaGlobster

"Well, I paid my informant in Arca quite a pretty penny for her name alone, and for where she lives. I can also guess that she's going to be running with some protection now, ever since I gave Rufus that scare when I..."borrowed" her for a day or two." He said, eyes dropping to the floor as he re-thought his plans.

"Forget the whorehouse..." He muttered, long, ragged ears twitching. "I suppose we could torture her for a bit...pick off family members one by one and send 'em back as meat pies. But if we spook her, she'll fly into Rufus' den and never come back..." He continued.

"But before we come to a plan, I'm gonna need to see what our combined resources can do. I'm sure the Mountain Cats have got some lovely little criminals."

visualspice

"Lovely indeed," Valeska repeated, her nose still crinkled in glee, and the shine in her eye was ever glowing. "But I do love that plan- taking our time, making her, and Rufus, suffer." And the words were practically purred out from her legs as she moved to cross her legs, one over the other.

"I know a few more resources we might be able to use outside of the Mountain Cats," she gave a fluff to her blonde hair as she went on, matter of factly. "I have reasons to believe we can stretch his numbers if we hit 'em where it hurts. There's... another woman in the picture as well, another... lady. And this one carries baggage, a family. Let's just say Rufus can't protect both of his precious ladies- and we might not even have to do our deed at night. This other woman is a tradesmen, a merchant. Would be a shame to have her suffer the wrath of a storm.. while another one of equal measure threatens the city. Winds, Hale, lightning, chaos...."
She chuckled at suhc an idea. "The sort of stuff I love. And the sort of power I can deliver. Only problem is, The Soot Wolves would know it is me. So..." she gave a tired sigh at this. "We might have to be careful at how we set up our pawns. This is a game of revenge, after all. We ought to make it... sweet."

DaGlobster

Smed nodded, agreeing with what she said. They had to come up with something, and he had an inkling of an idea. As he developed it, he spent the short silence glancing about the inside of the carriage, idly tilting his glass of brandy back and forth.

Then, it hit him, and he smiled deviously.

"Way I see it, Rufus knows I know about Owl, but doesn't know I know about this noblelady. It's the other way around with you. So, we take eachother's mark. I find a way to close the sale on this noblewoman and her pretty little family, and you figure out deal with the crime-fighting Pigeon." He explained.

"Should be easy enough for you, wiping away that little stain..." He grumbled.

visualspice

Valeska grinned at such a remark.
"But how would you feel for me to take away your toy? I could easily go after her... yes, but perhaps I could always bring her back to you for some fun."

DaGlobster

Smed laughed.

"Oh, please don't. Maybe her corpse, I could use a good soup, but I've got no use for her. We're exchanging toys, you and I" he said, staring out the window. "I've had my fun with her. I think it's your turn."