Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Very Long Engagement Party (kinda open)[READ ME!]

Started by Aeytrious, May 14, 2014, 10:32:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aeytrious

This thread is going to be the engagement party that will announce the engagement of Dylanna Swinden and Ryk Handelaar. Since Dylanna is a noble, and she and Ryk are the two most powerful merchants in Arca, the Queen of Serendipity will be invited, and Rhi has told me that the Queen will be attending. This means that nobles and very wealthy individuals from all over, not only Serendipity, but friendly countries as well, will be invited. The main players in this thread will be me, Spice, and Rhi. Blue is invited to join if he has the time, and I would never not include Tally either if she has a character that she knows fits in here. Other than the five of us, you'll be restricted to cameos. Any member of SotE that has a noble of Serendipity is invited to cameo this thread. Any SotE member that has a wealthy character in Serendipity is invited to cameo this thread. Any member that has a character in the Queen's army, or a guard in Arca is invited to cameo this thread. Soot Wolves are invited to cameo this thread (though you should check with your guild leader- me - for specifics first). Nobles of Serendipity friendly countries are invited to cameo this thread. There are however stipulations. You may only post once to this thread as any of the above mentioned cameo invited characters. If you're not me, Rhi, or Spice (or Blue or Tally if they are so inclined), it's one post per character. There will however be exceptions to this rule. If your character is directly interacted with by one of our characters you have been 'pulled' into the thread. You may then interact with said characters as long as they interact with you. If the interaction from, lets say Ryk, is that he shakes your hand and says hello but then walks away, you can respond to that handshake, but since he's walked away, your character has been 'pushed' out of the thread. Another stipulation is that if you want to bring Connlaoth nobles or wealthy characters here and they are involved in the civil war, you must check first with Spice. The civil war and this event are both SotE canon, so the timeline must lineup for your character to make an appearance, and of course they have to be of the not hating Serendipity preclusion. If you do not have a character that fits these guidlines, you have a little time to create one, but once I start the thread, the deadline will be cutoff. I know not when we'll be getting to this, but I wanted to give everyone a heads up so you could be prepared. There are specifics that Rhi, Spice and I need to discuss before we can get started. At that time these instructions will be deleted from the actual thread, but they will be linked to and will remain up here. If you're unsure about anything regarding this, please PM me. Rhi and Spice have enough going on that I can answer the questions. I'm sure I'll think of more things to add so they'll be edited in below on this same post.

Edit: Like so.

Feel free to brainstorm ideas here and ask questions of me and others. If your thoughts are time sensitive though, PM me. Potassium? Potassium!
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
ArjanDirkElijahGeldGulliusHiram
HerewardKheelanKurohanaLex
MalilaMelyndariaMowellesaQuinnlyn
SehrayanahTiberiusValencia
Ritousaey

Winters-Feather

you prob should just close the thread and leave it for you guys iif you're only allowing one post for  other people..  that said, though this plot sounds cool, so hope y'all have fun xD

though this should prob only be in event plotting? and not both threads sections.. you put the same name as if it 's an actually thread so its a little confusing

Tally

*nods*  I do indeed have someone who would definitely be there!

Anadwen

I have some Adelan nobles that could be invited. there's never enough good-looking people on a party, and never enough swords!

Brisinger987

The soon to be re-written Kirnardaz and family will go! Although I will only be playing Kirnardaz. (Don't worry, the re-write makes him perfectly fine to go to these sorts of things)

visualspice

As a suggestion, you could do what I do for some of my event threads XD
If you don't want some huge, chaotic group thread but want a lot of people to attend, you could suggest organized, smaller, more private threads that take place at the same time but would not, event wise, effect the main characters as a whole.

I did something similar for this event, and put particular rules down for said event, and it worked out AWESOMELY.
Some threads were private one on one, others were open for anyone preapproved to join in ^_^

Just a suggestion <3
You don't have to do that but the it would make this a bigger thing and have some more flexibility for people outside of the main characters to actually do something, even if it won't effect, let's say, Ryk or Dylanna or Einin or the Queen/ King plot wise.

Like, for example, I have a 'someday will be a Soot Wolf and is also a Nobleman' character Clint, who could benefit from character development in an event like this, and then there's Jarrett (whos always making background noise but I could put him in there with his misc. corpse like usual, but this time, you know, NOT burn the place down XD). Stuff like that XD

But let me know what you think on the idea. I just figure this could be a big thing and I'm sure a lot of people could dig wanting to party, even if they don't necessarily get to play a role into snooping in on like what Ryk and company are doing. 

It could also be a cool way to weave some misc. side adventures with the Soot Wolves and nobles, and who knows, my villain, Valeska, could show up but might be in a side thread, not affecting the main characters, but lurking in the waters (I doubt she would though >_> it would be obvious if she was there lol and she'd stick out like a sore thumb XD)
But yeah, just a thought lol
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Winters-Feather

i like spices idea. Def more organized and more interesting for ppl Outside  the main plot

Anadwen

yeah and I'd just love to have a longer interaction in there! although I should PM Wicked cause he plays Takuya for my Adachi clan so he'd most likely appear there...

visualspice

So, I'm supposed to be making signs for my sister's wedding that's on the 31st, but instead of making that I made this lol.
Feel free to use it as a banner for your event if you want, Aeyt XD

@Upright Infinity
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

visualspice

@OarengeAeyt  - Just figured I'd poke you here to see when you would want to get this started since you posted this up a few months ago~

Aeytrious

I know right? I had lots of ideas and was gettin' all hyped for stuff, and then as comic-con grew closer I wandered away, and with its passing I've been working on writing that will earn me money. I've been getting more active here again, and I will return to this of course. A lot of it is dependent on what we do in the Ryk/Dylanna threads we do before it.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
ArjanDirkElijahGeldGulliusHiram
HerewardKheelanKurohanaLex
MalilaMelyndariaMowellesaQuinnlyn
SehrayanahTiberiusValencia
Ritousaey

visualspice

Okay cool XD Just checking in since like, I've been busy and haven't been online much myself and figured I'd prod X3

visualspice

I'm not sure when @Aeytrious wants to start this event and more thorough plotting, but I'd be game to do a few pre-party threads with those who might like to talk with her over her engagement, or even just simply speak frankly on business (since I'm sure some business partners of Dylanna's might be curious if her policies and ability to continue her business would be affected by this marriage.)

But yeah, any nobles, or possible extended family of hers, I'd be welcome to rp out those ideas with! Or even some misc. threads with Rky/ Rufus's Soot Wolves XD Let me know your thoughts <3 or if anyone is interested!