Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Olwen's Journal

Started by nizzy, May 24, 2014, 06:41:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nizzy

(OOC: This thread is just for me to explore the backstory of my character a bit. It's going to be extracts of a journal, covering the important things that have happened to her in the past)

1.Dear Journal,

As this is my first entry, I guess I should introduce myself. My name is Olwen Palido, I'm 8 years old and I live in a forest in Adela. I guess this forest probably has a name, but seeing as the only people we visit either live in the forest, or villages nearby, they know which forest I mean, so I don't need to know it's name.

By "we", I mean my parents, my brother, Adair, and sister, Dara, and the other 3 families we live with. There are 15 of us in total, which I think is just the right number, most of the other groups of fauns in the forest are larger, and when we see them there are so many people that it scares me a little. There used to be 16 of us, until one of the older girls, Kyna, married a boy from one of the other groups.

We move around a lot, all the groups do. We live mostly off fruits and nuts and that sort of thing, so if we stay in one spot for too long, we use up all the fruit on the plants around, so we keep moving to new areas to make sure we always have enough food. Certain fruits and nuts only grow in forests, so we gather them up and a couple of the adults go down to the villages to sell them and buy other things we need.

I've got to go because Dara is calling me, but I will write more later.

Olwen

nizzy

2. Dear journal,

I'm going to one of the villages for the first time today! My parents have decided that I'm now old enough to go with them.

I'm nervous about going. I haven't really met many people that aren't fauns, so I'd don't know if they'll be like. I hope they like me. I know I'm shy, even round other fauns, but I'm going to really try to make some friends down in the village.

Olwen

nizzy

3. Dear journal,

It was horrible.

I tried to play with some of the other kids, but they made fun of my legs and the difference in my colour skin. Every time I tried to join in, they just kept making comments and it upset me. I don't want to ever go down into the village again! Everyone down there is horrible, and if we didn't need anything from them, I bet we would never go down there at all. Why are people so horrible? I never once made fun of the fact that they live in one spot and don't have any fur on their legs, so why did they do it to me?

Olwen

nizzy

(OOC: There's a time jump of several years before this one)

4. Dear Journal,

I don't know how to say this. I was just filling the water skins down by the river, and when I came back...

I can't write it, to write those words would make them true, and I don't want it too be true, I want to wake up and see that everything's fine. But it's not. This is real. I couldn't dream something like this up

I was gone for such a short time, how could someone have done this in that time? How could someone have done this at all?

I don't know what to do. How can I do anything without them? I can't. I just can't...

I thought writing this would help, but I can't even find the words. All I have is twelve pieces of my heart ripped from my chest and all I can feel is the absence of them and it hurts. It hurts so much. I've run out of tears to cry, so all I can do is just feel, and I don't want to feel it...