Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Essyrni Thieves' Guild [Under Major Reworking]

Started by Klezmer Gryphon, June 15, 2014, 09:34:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klezmer Gryphon

The Essyrni Thieves' Guild

The Essyrni Thieves' Guild is arguably the largest criminal presence in Essyrn. While it's members may have different motivations and beliefs, they are all bound by their common trade of thievery. And, they are always looking for new talent.

Locations

The Guild makes it's home in an old tavern called The Laughing Jackal. While The Laughing Jackal feels, looks, and operates like a regular inner city tavern, it's merely a front to avoid the suspicion of the guards. If one goes to the basement and looks behind the staircase, there is a hidden door to headquarters of the Essyrni Thieves' Guild: The Rathole, a large underground complex with bunks for guild members, a vault for the treasury, and an office where most of the negotiations between the guild and it's clients take place.

Members, Ranks, and The Rules of Thievery

While any member of the guild can bring someone in to join the Guild, the prospective thief has to go to one of the Master Thieves in order to actually be inducted. Part of the induction requires that the member-to-be follow the Rules of Thievery, a set of rules The Guild-Master implemented to better the organization:

I. Thou shalt not steal from the poor and homeless.
II. Thou shalt not take what thou cannot carry.
III. Thou shalt not leave thy fellow thief to the guards.
IV. Thou shalt not compromise the Guild.

Upon accepting the Rules of Thievery, the prospective thief is formally inducted, and their first small jobs follow soon afterward, usually given the rank of "Snitch". After the rank of Snitch is Thief, the most common rank in the guild. Master Thieves are hand picked by the Guild-Master, and often have years, if not a few decades of experience in the craft, and there are only three at any one time. The rank of Guild-Master is handed down from the previous Guild-Master to his/her chosen heir, although, in the event of there being no chosen heir upon the Guild-Master's retirement/death, the entire guild votes on a new Guild-Master.

Title
Name
Player
Guild-Master
Klezmer Gryphon
Master Thief
Anadwen
Master Thief
Sir Zane
Master Thief
Daedra
Thief
SANG
Snitch
Nephero
Snitch
Ickedu
Snitch
Ferr Windston
Thieves
Open indefinitely
Snitches
Open indefinitely

*Positions labeled Open indefinitely mean that there can be an unlimited amount of characters at that particular rank.

Fences
Fences are, at the simplest, the merchants and shop keepers that buy your stolen goods and make sure no one knows where the items came from. While the network of fences throughout Essyrn is a separate entity in itself, not really considered a part of the Guild, most, if not all have connections to the Essyni Thieves' Guild, and thus are listed here as trusted depositories of less-than-legally-obtained items.

Shop Name
Shop Owner
Player
Dusted Steel
Ibn La'Ahad
NPC
Molten Weapons
Brisinger987
Open
Open
Open

*Although there are only two slots up at the moment, there can actually be many more fences, and the list will be expanded as more people add their merchants and vendors.

nephero

Booyah!

Here's an applicant! Ell's young and tiny, but lord almighty they are in it to win it. And by 'win' I mean 'make your possessions their possessions by way of their actions and because it's funny'.

They shouldn't have too much trouble following the guild rules, either, their targets are largely the incredibly wealthy and powerful.

VIGILANCE WALKING THE TOAST
Characters here!

__guilds, yo__
The Territok Orcs // The Oratok Orcs // Fausteth // The Ashmen

Slightly Awkward New Guy

http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=17073.new#new

She's been a thief for 4 years, so it's up to you to decide what rank she is. xD

Klezmer Gryphon

@Slightly Awkward New Guy

Has she been a part of the guild for four years? Or has she simply been a street thief for four years and is just recently joining the guild?

Slightly Awkward New Guy

I imagine she'd have joined it pretty early. Better survival odds.

Anadwen

Meet Akiu! AKA the most vain, beauty-obsessed thief EVAR to be a Master Thief!

Klezmer Gryphon

@Anadwen

He's been added. Just make sure he takes his job seriously. Also, just as a warning, Ri'naav holds dancers in rather low regard... Lol

Anadwen

for Akiu, dancing is just a more creative and pretty way of thievery :D

Ickedu

Hey, a new Thieve's guild! I want to join! :D
I even have a character that has nothing to do at the moment, Tiel, my little Birdie :)

If anyone wants to play this with me, she could enter the guild right after being chosen by her bird spirit. Then she would be more of an appendage to some other member, as she had to learn how to really be functional in such a context.

If no-one wants to do this, I would join with her a while later. She still would be a bit bumbling, but already able to execute not too complex missions by herself.

In each case I think she would be useful enough to cope with her being not the brightest and independenst. With being able to fly, get into small spaces, spy on others without being conspicuous, and in case of need also able to shift to human and opening a lock bar or similar thing :)

Anyone here who wants to train her?

Anadwen

Ickedu

Great!  ;D
I will write you a PM

Klezmer Gryphon

@Ickedu I'll add her momentarily. I take it, since she's just joining, that she'll be a snitch?

Ickedu

Slightly Awkward New Guy

Klezmer Gryphon

As of now, no. I'm probably gonna put an open thread up here in a few days for the guild if someone doesn't beat me to it first XD I'm also gonna put up a subforum request later so that we don't have to have all of our threads lost in the Essyrn board with all the event threads.

Klezmer Gryphon

And now we have an open thread, guys! I particularly hate jesters... is our thread.

nephero

I'll be doing a proper write-up for her later, but for a fence for the guild, I'm making Munira. She lives out of the back of her shop, so I'm sure she'll have a back entrance for the guild members to visit to sell off their ah... merchandise.

VIGILANCE WALKING THE TOAST
Characters here!

__guilds, yo__
The Territok Orcs // The Oratok Orcs // Fausteth // The Ashmen

Klezmer Gryphon

Ah, a fence! What good crime organization doesn't have a fence to sell off their loot to? @nephero , let me know when she's up so I can add her to the roster.

Klezmer Gryphon

Attention Guid members!

We now have a list of merchants and shop keepers who would be willing to buy stolen goods from us at good rates. Please make note of this, and inform the Guildmaster of any additions you'd like to the list.

In all seriousness, I added the fence section for those of you who want to get involved (please do! There's plenty of neat things we could do!), but don't really want to play a thief character. So, be they a fence, or a thief, being us all the characters! Credit to @nephero for the inspiration for the idea!

Zane