Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Lasting Decisions [Lion]

Started by CalamityMei, August 24, 2014, 03:15:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CalamityMei

She plundered through the crowds of people, searching the stalls for a merchant, it took her a little while with all the shoving and eagerness from other townspeople, but she found one, and quickly hit up conversation before anyone else had a chance.

"My ring here, I want to sell it." She held it out to him as he inspected it inquisitively, his eyes widening at the gold quality, and the brush of diamonds cascading over it. He nodded, offering her a generous amount of coin before she handed it over, trying to fight her way through the crowd and back to Christer.

She smiled triumphantly as she approached him, more so that she did something by herself but also that she had gotten a fair amount of coin. "The deed is done." She nodded, jerking the horse into motion. "Where should we lay low?" She enquired with a more quietened voice, afraid someone might here.

Lion

Christer thought he was going to puke again from the anxiety.  However it quickly subsided when he at last saw her and he smiled, though swallowed back a dry-heave.  "Okay, finally.  The task is done and...I still don't feel any better, but that is beside the point."  He sighed and looked around.  "I think any inn or public place is out of the question.  Perhaps we can take some supplies and head out into the forest.  I know it's scary, but it's all I can think of that might offer some safety.  At least for a few hours so that we might sleep.  I don't know about you, but I'm exhausted."

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

CalamityMei

Her brow furrowed down as she looked at him in concern, his face pale as a sheet, lacking any form of colour, yet here he was, brushing it off like it was nothing. She placed her hand to his forehead, the skin clammy and hot to the touch. "You look and feel terrible, of course I mean that in the nicest way possible." Yes, the Lady did have a sense of humour.

At the mention of heading out into the forest, she gulped down the nerves from the predicament. "I guess we have no choice." She offered a meek smile, before she grabbed the horses reins, leading it toward the forest.

Lion

Christer attributed most of his inner illness to his nerves.  He'd just attacked men bearing the same seal as the lord he swore an oath to.  He betrayed that oath by intervening and yet somehow he felt perfectly justified for doing so.  But it didn't make his headache any better.  Christer could only imagine the consequences of such an action, what would happen when they were found, as they inevitably would be.

How hard could it be to find two fools in the forest?

When they set out into the woods, Christer sat atop the horse, jostling slightly.  He wished he could ask where they were going.  But neither of them knew and it was only where their feet finally paused to rest.  "The sun is setting soon," he commented, gesturing up to the sky.  "You don't suppose we should make camp?  Or something to that effect."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

CalamityMei

As they stopped she looked at the space with speculation. Even in her younger years she never had the priviledge to have fun and make camp outside, playing around with fellow children while doing so. This, new life...it was so very different to what she was accustomed to and even though it was difficult and strained every fibre in her body, she felt free, not constricted to etqiuette and the bounds that tied her to her name; and fate.

"I suppose..." She clicked her tongue in thought, scrutinizing the area, looking at foliage and a safe space to set up a sort of camp. "Where do we even start?"

Lion

Christer was starting to feel better when at last they decided to stop for the coming evening.  "I'm not really sure.  I'm not really the outdoorsy type myself.  I just think that's the custom with living 'out in the wild' as it were."  He hopped off the horse, landing rather unceremoniously against it's ass and the animal flicked it's tail in his direction.

Christer spat and kicked some leaves around.  "This is good I think.  Plenty of bushes and trees to give us cover.  And I think I hear water nearby!"  He smiled suddenly and motioned for her to follow him through the trees.  And sure enough there was a running stream.  "Yes, let's stop here.  I only just realize now how thirsty I am!"  And dunked his whole head into the stream.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

CalamityMei

She found herself laughing, a genuine, unforced, happy laugh that consumed her. She found herself clutching her stomach and doubling over, Christer's antics having thrown her into a sudden fit of the giggles. How can one man go from being on edge to so nonchalantly free? She took a finger a wiped away a tear that brimmed at her waterline before kneeling down and sighing as she cupped her hand in the water, tasting its freshness.

"I needed that." She smiled at him, and for a moment she completely forgot about the fact they were on the run, away from all the guards, away from her luxurious life. Now she was about to sleep on a bed of leaves, next to her fathers guard and a horse they had stolen.

"I guess, we need some kind of fire?" She wasn't sure how this outdoor thing worked, but she had heard things here and there of basic survival in the wilds.

Lion

The water was exactly what he needed and Christer threw his head back with a sigh of satisfaction.  The day had rendered him a bundle of nerves so much so that he quickly undid the clasps on his armor and slipped out of it and dunked his head into the water again.  After he cooled off, he peered back up to Rose and quirked his brows, as her laughter subsided.

He hadn't realized she had been laughing at him, but it soon passed and he gave her a sheepish grin.  "A fire.  Oh right.  Yes, we need to stay warm!" he said and stood up, shaking his hair out as he went and looked about for small twigs and leaves.  "Fortunately, this is one thing I do remember from my knight training," he said conversationally.

He returned beside her when he had a bundle gathered underneath his arm.  "There was more than one occasion of getting lost in the forest, or being left behind as some sort of disciplinary action, that forced me to learn how to make a proper fire.  I can show you if you like. There's got to be some flint in that saddle bag there. It'd be just a small smooth rock...I think."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn