Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Fall of the King [M]

Started by visualspice, June 18, 2014, 06:47:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Being the elusive, or rather, the exclusive lover of the Grand Duke's wife, Dekka; King of Thieves, had a reputation to live up to. But things were growing dangerous, more dangerous than the thief had realized, and his time in the capital was running out where a man as famous, dangerous and with such a hefty bounty as he could safely navigate undetected and unscathed. The letters were more than he could handle, and he had visited her again- despite knowing full well in his guts that it could cost him big this time- and well...

It seemed as if his luck was running out. He wasn't sure how it happened or how he had managed to get out of it, but he had a run in with the guards and had been chased like a dog all over the city, and by the time he finally had some reprieve, he collapsed against the side of a building in an alleyway, blood sputtering out from his lips as he clutched his bleeding gut and doubled over, vomiting blood onto the floor.

The guards had been merciless, but hopefully if he was to die too, a few of those fuckers had gone down from the fight. But if there hadn't been so many damn mordecai in the city they would have all paid. But as it turned out, even the lucky and famous 'King of Thieves' was feeling the effects of being a human, a mortal just like everyone else, and another cough of blood proved it as he keeled over, feeling as if he were hacking out his lung, or even his heart. And there he remained, slumped over, barely able to keep his head lifted as wounds all over his body were gushing blood.

And after a moment he found himself laughing. Well, he supposed if he were goign to die, it might as well be after he had a fun night bedding his queen.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

paganchick

"Oh how the mighty have fallen," A familiar voice would ring from the shadows and soon after a cloaked figure stepped from the shadows.
"I suppose it is now time for me to return a favor I owe you," She spoke as she removed her hood looking down at Dekka.

She reached out her hand, the ruby ring still on her finger, "Come on," She said softly as she put his arm over her shoulder and started to help him limp along to an abandoned building, then down star before she gave a bookshelf a push revealing a tunnel.

"Come on, stay with me, I don't think I could carry your fat ass."

visualspice

The loss of blood made the King of Thieves dizzy and over come with a cooling fever. His body felt as heavy as lead, and he barely registered the familiar voice. But once he did, a smile cracked across his lips as green eyes barely managed to crack open and he stared up at the cloaked woman before him.

"Don't sound too happy to see me, Vangie," he told her with a grunt, and despite his predicament, a chuckle. Though as she removed her hood, he found his vision wavering, so he barely fought it when she moved to help him. But pain stung him, electrifying him from the gushing wounds and elicited another cough of blood before he was stumbling off with the help of Evangeline to even he didn't know where. Though he tried to take in as much details as he could, he was about ready to collapse again when her last jab of words met his ears.

And he faintly laughed again.
"I'll stay the night, but you might have to do all of the work," he joked, still as coy as ever, even when he was there, half dead in her arms.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

paganchick

Once out of the tunnel, which led them out of the city Evangaline led him to a small cabin, one that if you didn't know it was there you would have probably missed it as it was surrounded by trees, and was camouflaged to look like them.
Once inside Evanglaine led Dekka to the bed.
"Okay thiefy," She said simply shaking her head. Even on the brink of death his mind was in the gutter.

"Now to get you stitched back up," she started to speak.
"No, thats too slow, we'll cartelize the wounds, more painful, but faster," She continued to speak to herself as she delicately removed his clothing. She frowned, the wounds were bad.

"How did you get yourself into this one?" She asked as she moved to a shelf with bottles of all shapes with different colored liquids of all sorts.

visualspice

Each step he took he was in agonizing pain. And he could feel the warm blood oozing from his gashes mingle with his sweat. By the time they made it to where ever it was she had taken him, he was too far gone, nearly slipping away into the unconscious, but even as he lay there, eyes closed, he still wore a smile, and between his teeth was seeping blood.

"Just one night with her..." he whispered, before it appeared as if he were gone.

paganchick

"She must be a real special lady then," Evangaline said, dropping her gaze a little as she plucked a bottle from the shelf. She removed the cork and slowly poured the strange, almost glowing liquid into his mouth while propping his head up on her lap.

It would be a long process, but he would be okay, she had treated worse, she had been treated for worse. Or course, when she was being treated she was home, with a lot more supplies. Once she was satisfied with the amount of the liquid he had she moved back to the shelf, rubbing her temples with a sigh, it was going to be a long night.

She got to work though. The liquid would keep him alive, if just teetering on the edge, it would also keep him in a state that would make him all but appear dead even if he were healthy and strong. She got to work, burning the wounds, mixing liquids and applying them here and there. By the time she was done she was thoroughly exhausted. She curled up in a chair and before too long was asleep herself.

visualspice

He felt into a fit of burning nightmares. Faces who were there but unclear, and the silent sounds of the death toll looming over head. At first he thought he was flying, taken to wings with the birds, but then he was roof hopping, leaping from here to there with effortless grace. He felt powerful, like a panther, seeing the world from the tops of the buildings but he could not stop- he could not stop his running, for if he did, the fire's of the world would catch up to him- and would burn him alive for his sins.

Dekka woke up with a jerk, his body slicked with sweat and his green eyes wild and wide. His chest was heaving with breath, and he felt himself ache all over. And as he began to look around, all he could see were shadows, nothing was clear. And so in his daze, he attempted to stand, but he dind't get very fall as he fell clean over on useless legs, landing with a heavy thud upon his face.

paganchick

Evangaline woke up with a start as she heard the thud. She gave the the room a quick sweep over the room seeing Dekka on the floor.
"Silly thiefy," She spoke as she stood, stretching. She walked to his side, helping him back up onto the bed.

visualspice

But Dekka would be hard to move. He was over six feet tall and couldn't help the much smaller woman lift him, so if she were to try, it would take a lot of effort, and the King of Thieves, hardly obliging as he swore up a storm.

paganchick

It took Evaganline all she was worth to get him up on the bed, and when she finally managed to pull him up she toppled over and he fell on top of her. She looked up at Dekka, "Gods you are heavy, I can't breath," She spoke pushing up with all she was worth.

visualspice

Dekka groaned, but being on the bed was sobbering.
"You could have just left me on the floor," he quipped, and forced himself to smile before he used what effort he had left to roll off of her and onto his back, groaning as he rake a hand through his dark red hair.

paganchick

Evangaline took a deep breath.
"So you can catch pneumonia? No," She spoke, as she continued to lay in the bed, lifting Dekka had zapped her energy, he weighed a ton.
"You need to lose weight."

visualspice

"Sorry, Vangie," he told her with a playful smirk. "I ain't about to lose any of this weight any time soon. Last time I checked, the ladies adored the muscles."

paganchick

Evangaline turned on her side, looking at Dekka with a smirk.
"Your bound to lose some of it while you recover from the ass beating you took. It was a close one by the way, you truly almost died," She spoke, the smirk on her face quickly fading. She stood up quickly, adjusting the clothing.
"And last time I checked, women also detest the dead, which you almost were, and if I left you lying on the floor or in the alley you would be," She added, her voice sounding distant, almost cold.

visualspice

"Yeah but at least if I were dead, I'd be one.sexy dead guy." Though Dekka was smiling, pain over came him as he coughed out some blood that had collected in his throat. It came out mixed with a bit of flem, which was decidedly NOT sexy.

paganchick

"Yeah, so sexy," Evangaline spoke, her voice ridden with sarcasm as she passed him a bowl.
"Try to keep it off my bed please, that is nasty," She spoke before turning her back to him heading to her shelf to look over her bottles.

visualspice

Dekka had managed to cough that out all over the floor before the bowl was offered to him. And when it was, he took it weakly, and managed to spit out any excess into it before setting it aside and collapsing onto the bed.

paganchick

Evangaline sighed rubbing her temple before pulled a small bottle with shimmering blue liquid in it. She moved to the bed, avoiding the blood that was splattered there and sat on the edge, pulling his head into her lap. She pulled the cork out of the bottle and held it to his lips.

"Here, drink slowly."

visualspice

Dekka didn't bother to ask what it was, but soon choked on the flavor soon after wards, some of the blue liquid sputtering onto his 'nurse'. Wiping off the excess from his lips on the back of his hand, he made a face and looked up at her.
"You trying to fucking kill me?" he grumbled. "That drink was foul!"

paganchick

"Only as foul as you are dear," Evangaline replied dully before taking back the empty bottle. The bottle was expensive too, one of the best healing potions money could buy. She turned to him, placing a hand on her hip.
"I have to go out for some supplies, you need to stay, preferably in the bed, and not leave this cabin, got it?" She stated before turning to the door.