Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A good Day to go hunting [closed]

Started by Lloyd Orodelo, August 03, 2014, 08:28:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Orodelo

Lloyd suddenly look directly into the eyes of Darius for a good 10 seconds and then said, a grim look on his face:
"I can't force you to accept me, so indeed, I was about ask. Darius, I have nothing to lose here and i see potential in you that you might not even know about. Can I come with you? Where ever you will go, i will be tagging along. He finally got his shiny smile and joyful voice back."But lets not ruin this supper with thing that could be discussed around a good fire and a glass of whiskey. I'm glad you like it."

After the main course, he took out of the cabin with a lantern and came back dripping wet carring a small barrel as wet as the giant.

"Want some fruits? I have strawberries, raspberries, blueberries apples, pears and a dozen of oranges!"

Delentus

"That sounds fair, even the whiskey...depending if it's any good at least." he replied with a smile as he took another sip of wine. I'll probably have to tell him exactly why we met and what I do if he plans on going with me. Darius thought to himself as they continued the meal, then watched Lloyd exit the cabin and come back in with a barrel.

He smiled at the offer. "Well, I think I'll have...a few strawberries if you wouldn't mind." he said with a smile and leaned back into the chair.

Lloyd Orodelo

"The trick to keep them fresh is to store them in dry and watertight barrels and to put them in the bed a stream..."He started,"...Why don't we go around that fireplace now, hun?"

He grabbed the best bottle of whiskey, "the favorite of Dad" he said. Dragged two chairs and to glasses. Giving one to Darius, he said:
"I know what you are going to say... You want to make things clear with me. That once we are out of this forest, we won't be safe anymore. Dad used to say that to,. You remind me of him you know... Maybe it wasn't random that you are here tonight," He said with a grin. He then drank his glass at once and serves himself another, that follow the first one almost immediately.

Delentus

"That is quite the ingenious method you have there, except the part involving getting wet." he said with a laugh as he got up and headed over to the fireplace.

Taking a glass of whiskey and drinking it a bit slower than Lloyd and listened to what he said carefully. After the other man finished he shook his head slowly with a smile. "Not quite what I was going to say. I'm more curious about other things." he said, then trailed off while he tossed his dagger up and caught it, almost in a trance.

Lloyd Orodelo

"Other things?"He repeated, fallowing the movements of the dagger amused.

He then stood up, going straight for the things stacked on the bed, turn is back to Darius, making metal noises and then he came back polishing meticulously a piece of metal shaped like a shoulder-guard. He then opened the box, listening to what his new friend was saying. He took out a dagger shaped like a crescent moon and a sword. He, then sharpens them enough to cut hair in half.

Delentus

Darius focuses back onto the conversation when he hears the clinking of metal and looks over to see Lloyd holding a strangely shaped dagger and a sword. "Not exactly what I was wondering, but I'm holding all confidence in assuming you know how to use both of those very well." he said with a smile as he tossed the dagger up one last time then started to twirl it between his fingers after he caught it.

He suddenly had a grim serious about him. "The reason why we even met today was because I was fleeing from the guards of a merchant who was refusing to pay me after I completed a...job for him. Needless to say I didn't take very kindly to him trying to swindle my well earned reward so I threatened him...and learned not to do so within hearing distance of one's guards." he bluntly said but with a small self deprecating chuckle.

Lloyd Orodelo

"A good lesson indeed! I guess you wouldn't got you're money in anyway" He said with a grim grin"I know that type of guy, all mongrels if I can say so." He then displayed a skillful juggling with his own dagger.

"Where does he live, do you know that? Because even with my savings and my hunting skills, extra money never hurts." He got back to the bed, took an item from the box and then came back to his chair, sharpening his battleaxe.

Delentus

"No I can't say I know where the bastard lives. Met him while he was going to Uthlyn, took care of our business, met him while he was on the road again. You might also might want to know though, that I have more than enough unfinished "business" if we get low on funds." Darius said as he watched Lloyd walk into the bedroom, then his jaw dropped a little when he saw the man wielding a battleaxe of all things when he came back.

"Do you not have enough weapons? What's next, a catapult?" he asked with a laugh.

Lloyd Orodelo

"Well if you say Don't worry about money, I hope you're right." He said, finishing with his battleaxe.

"My weapons are something I inherited from my real parents, even though I didn't met them. My "Dad" found them in front of our door with a note attached to the box one night. the note said that they knew about the murder attempt and that they wanted me to learn how to wield them. Luckily, my foster Dad, may he rest in peace, was a former military and thought me how to wield the axe. For the dagger... He paused, i learned by myself. I was a hunter even before being one, if you know what i mean?" He said, implying that knew all long what kind of  "business" Darius was into.

"And by the way kid, the only weapon I don't have here IS a catapult," he said in laugh," If only i knew where Dad hid them... I know he dug a hole in the ground and buried them... I guess its a secret he took into his grave." He then said, half trying to make a pun and half trying to look serious while talking about his dad.

Delentus

"Well that's quite a good thing your father was able to teach you to use weapons, mine had to pay someone else to do it...and it didn't end well for them so to say." Darius said as he tried to discern exactly what Lloyd meant by that last comment, even though he was fairly sure he knew what he meant.

He then cracked out into laughter after hearing about not having a catapult. "Well we're going to have to make one of them and figure out where your father buried the rest of the weapons!" he said trying to lighten the mood a little.

Lloyd Orodelo

Lloyd got quiet for a moment, thinking where could his father had hidden the rest of the weapons.
"I know", he thought out loud, half screaming of joy and half laughing, scaring the hell out of Darius.

"Sorry pal, I didn't intend to scare you. I sometimes get bursts of emotions. Anyway, I think I know where Dad hid the stash! But for now lets go to sleep, I think that after 20 years, one more night won't hurt. What do you want them to do? dig themselves out and run away!?"

He then went to one of the bed rooms (the biggest of all four) and say "This will be yours, even after all our adventures, when the call of the roads will stop, this room will be yours! I mean it! You can use the space in there as you wish."

He then raise his hand with a mysterious spark in his eyes, hoping that Darius will shaking again.

Delentus

Darius nearly jumped out of the chair and had his arm cocked to throw the dagger at whatever it was needed, but then realized it was just Lloyd yelling out of a realization and laughed with him. "Oh, it's no problem, just try to give me a bit of a warning next time!" he said as he slid the small blade back into it's sheathe.

"Sounds like a fairly good idea, both of them that is. Weapons can wait and this room..well I can't promise I'd use it much I do really appreciate the offer friend. I'll see you in the morning." he said with a grin and shook the other man's hand yet again.

Lloyd Orodelo

As Darius grabbed his hand, Lloyd pulled him and gave him a warm hug. "Please don't get me wrong! My mom and dad always taught me to care for everyone else, and I learned that hugging people shows them that you won't slit their throat during there sleep. You are the only person I had in eons that I can consider as a friend. So please, promise me you will come back with me when all is done!" He said shedding hot tears of joy.

Then without further embarrassing his new friend, he let go of him and said with a big children smile"Sorry again, emotions! I'll get you a bear pelt, in case you get cold. Even if we are in the middle of the hot season, its getting cold here at night."

Then he left the room and came back with a giant brown pelt. He offers it to Darius.

Delentus

Darius was as dumbfounded as one could be when Lloyd pulled him into a hug, and missed part of what this strange man said as he tried to get over the shock of actually being hugged. "Uh, well, uh, I'll at least try to visit, but uh I can't promise anything more than that." he finally stuttered out after he realized what just happened.

Darius continued to stand there with a bit of a confused look on his face after Lloyd apologized and went to go get a bear pelt. What have I gotten myself into? he asked himself after he sorted out what happened and chuckled to himself.

"Thank you, I hope I won't need it but it is nice to have in case." he said as he took the pelt from Lloyd, bowed slightly, then turned around into the room and closed the door behind him.

Lloyd Orodelo

Lloyd whispered "Yes! If only you knew kid!"

Delentus

After he closed the door, Darius realized that he forgot his weapons belt on the chair in the main room. Which given he worked in a business of cutthroats, literal ones, he never liked to sleep without them nearby. Even though he knew he was safe, he turned around and exited the room again. "I forgot a couple things." he quickly explain to Lloyd as he walked into the main room, grabbed his belt, and went back to his room.

Lloyd Orodelo

Lloyd was looking at the dying fire and was whispering like he was talking with somebody.

"...I fear that we might have a problem then, Asmodeus... What do you mean by"he's hiding things from you?" I read his thoughts all night! He's trust worty and you know it."

Lloyd, hearing his friends talk to him, jumped and looked Darius grab his belt and get back to his room. He said good night to Darius and got to his room and felt asleep in no time.

Delentus

I hate mornings. Darius thought to himself as he stretched and walked out of the room and into the main room expecting to see Lloyd already there. Although was surprised when he didn't, but just shrugged and made a small fire to sit by as he woke up.

Lloyd Orodelo

The man who Darius thought to be an early bird was actually a bear and, by the looks of it, his new friend was hibernating.

When he actually got up, the giant was all set for a full day. Lloyd went ahead and made breakfast, or like he likes to call it:Breakfeast.

Delentus

All Darius could do for the first three hours after he woke up was grumble, even after Lloyd finally woke up and made what was far to much food unless he was planning on eating most of it by himself.

"So, what are our plans for today?" he finally managed in a barely understandable tone after the morning meal. Still rubbing his eyes, trying to wake up.