Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Loathsome Dove

Started by visualspice, August 25, 2014, 12:42:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

His father was sick, and every day he knew it was possible he could die, and to top it off, he had to carry the weight of his father's entire duchy on his back-
and it was breaking him, wearing him down like a work horse as ties with other duchies still needed patching, and then he received the news that pirates had attacked, sinking one of the Allarrian duchy's most prestigious of ships. His father, naturally, was getting worse by the day, but his duty was to his country, he was bred for this-
and so he went to the Port city of Amiss, which was just south of the Capital of Allar (which was doubly named Allar, or known to some as Allar City, or the City of Allar, so as not to confuse).

Naturally, he came with an entourage, for what Duke to be would travel, unprotected? Especially when such villainous men were afoot. The name of the pirate ship was muddled when he found those whom he sought inquiry, some said it was the Black Fish pirates, while others claimed it was that newer ship, the dove. Calent didn't care either way about it, but these pirates had been grating on his nerves for the past several years and they had to be stopped.

He commanded to see the wreckage, and was soon brought down to the docks, where a thick fog was rolling in, stifling his view of the water and forcing him to get as near as he could. Ocean waters lapped at his oil slicked boots as he took note of the bobbing pieces of wood and debris that had once been The Pioneer. The ship boasted to be unsinkable, for it had the top most trained men in both combat and navigation of the ocean water ways. But there it was before him, and his boot lightly kicked a piece of the ship away.

"We've been scouting for survivors all day, Lord Allarrick. So far, not a soul has been found."

Calent grew quiet and pensive, green eyes scanning out across the grey waters and peering distantly through the fog. So there were no survivors, and his best ship was down. What was he to do now? He supposed he'd have to inform his adviser, but even as his mind wondered over his duty, he thought he spotted something- just out in the midst of the fog.

One of his men followed his gaze.

"Hey, look! A body!"

"Shall we get the boat? It's too far out for us to swim to."

"Hurry it up then men, it might be the Captain!"
And as his men were bustling about in hopes to procure the boat, Calent watched as the figure seemed to be floating away and all but disappearing into the fog.

He grew anxious. If that was a survivor, they only had so much time before the water would take them- and following to the direction where the body disappeared to, he noted the Northern Pier.
"The men are taking too long!" he growled, and took off from his men, despite their protests and found himself soon running down the pier. He had no idea what he planned to do, but he was known to be an excellent swimmer...
and if the body was near the edge of the pier, he could get to it far quicker than the men trying to haul in the boat over dry land.

So he ran, thoughts drifting to his future, his father and the idea of death, and the fear of it chilled him to his blood and carried him further, faster as his body cut through heavy blankets of fog. And when he reached the end of it, there lay the figure, seemingly still in the waters, and his breath caught in his throat- for his calculations had been correct and the body had drifted near the end of the pier, and he was so close to it he could identity it was a woman-
and before he thought of anything else, he dove straight into the sea.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

CalamityMei

Lapping foams of perilous seas battered her being in a frenzy, as she struggled to keep consciousness. Her heart threatened to break through her chest as she used every last ounce of energy to try and edge away from the sharp rocks.

Being away from her ship made her panic and even though she was an adept swimmer, being in rough seas with the barest of visibility proved difficult even for the strongest of swimmers. She paddled through the waves that crashed against her, pushing her further back, erasing her progress. "Shit!" She screamed a curse through salt water invading her mouth. The stupid dress didn't help either, her legs finding the material hard to kick with; it would be the death of her.

It was when a bigger wave came at her, her eyes widened and she tried to brace herself. But the wave took her by force and her head smashed against a nearby rock knocking her unconscious. Blackness had consumed her, as she was washed away from The Dove, her crew frantically calling for her.

-

Her eyes were extremely heavy, and for a second the blinding light told her that heaven did exist, even for those like her. But it was when blue came into her vision and the sensation of someone holding onto her made her try to gauge her situation. All she could manage, was a sputtered sentence, which didn't make much sense. "I-help." Her head dizzied again and once again she fell back into unconsciousness. 

visualspice

The unknown lady was immediately taken into his care, and it seemed she had been out of consciousness for most of the day- for after the situation was looked into personally, the young duke to be headed back to his palace. And it was inside his palace she'd awaken, in a gilded guest room all to herself. Naturally, Calent had brought in a doctor to examine her, and seeing how she was still asleep, the young man lead the doctor into the room and gestured to where she lay.

"I found her in the ocean. She's lucky to be alive but we're uncertain what may be wrong with her. Could be just trauma from the ordeal keeping her in this state, or a knock to the head." Calent frowned. "I'll leave you in her care." And with a rigid bow, he moved towards the door to allow the doctor to see to her. It wouldn't be proper to hoover anyway, and the duke to be had a lot to do that day. His father's illness had gotten worse and he hadn't a wink of shut eye that night.
And now this mysterious woman....
He had no idea who she was- or why she'd even be tied up in such a mess, but one thing spoke volumes and that was her clothing. And as a lady, she'd be treated as such- so he'd show her the utmost care.

Little did he know....

OOC: Feel free to rp out the doctor or transition to whenever you'd like her to wake up ^_^
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

CalamityMei

She thrashed in her blackout state, nightmares consuming her as beads of sweat constantly formed on her forehead, dripping down her temples. It felt like years since she had opened her eyes when she eventually did, she always had thought when she fainted she'd wake up bolting upright, screaming a name or word of minor significance. But in this case, she just lie there still, her eyes slowly floating open as she stared at plain white.

She blinked again, objects slowly fabricating, and she blinked more and more until the room came into picture, everything from the four poster bed she was lying in to the open bay window on her far left. She felt a cold pressure on her forehead, as somehow her hand shakily touched it. A cold compress? It was then she tried to sit upright, her strength had deteriorated and she struggled even the most simple of tasks. Gritting her teeth she managed to slip her legs over the side of her bed, realization striking her as she looked down.

Bandages adorned her body, covering her bust all the way down to her naval, while her bottom sported some simple trousers, looking like they belonged to a man. Her feet were bare as she touched the wooden floor, the coolness consuming the warmth of her feet and as she tried to stand, she soon stumbled and fell down to the floor.

"Ah, shit!" She screamed, frustration filling her as she reached for a nearby cabinet grasping at its sides, pulling herself up. It was then someone entered, an elderly man with small glasses and a greying beard, staring intently at his clipboard until he looked up at her wide eyed.

"Miss! You shouldn't be walking around." He came over to Amarie in order to help her but she just threw her arm out, pushing him away.

"How long have I been out!?" She shouted, her memories coming back to her, the ship, the sea, the rock...the mysterious man. The doctor seemed flustered as he stood straight, fumbling with his clipboard.

"Four days Miss." He looked almost guilty but she just looked at the floor. She had to get back to her crew, yet...she had no idea where she was.

visualspice

It didn't take long for Calent Allarrick to get word his guest had awakened. He had been practicing his instrument, slowly working on a piece about the ocean waves when he was summoned. Setting the violin aside, he made his way to the hall and to the guest room Amarie had been staying. Though he was surprised when he got to the door,t he woman seemed to be running around like a wild man, wearing just her medical wraps and bloomers and for a second, all Calent could do was stare.

Sighing, he stepped into the room and took a robe from one of the maids that was trying to help calm Amarie down,a nd with is eyes properly averted, he approached the woman and said, "Here, you'll want to wear this, my lady. And once you are decent, we can explain to you what had occurred."

CalamityMei

The next man that entered was much younger, in fact he looked like her age, and she couldn't help but let her eyes roam from head to toe even in her exhausted state. She took the robe, although at this moment she felt like snatching it. Mi'Lady? Who do they think I am, royalt- It then occurred to her, the dress. Her attempt at swaying an enemy into her lustful trap, which had worked, until she fell overboard. He must think she was of noble blood. She could have laughed then. Her, noble? It wasn't until he started speaking that she resumed to putting the robe on, at least to keep a little bit of dignity.

"Explain." Of course her manners weren't entirely noble, she wanted to know everything, where she had been found, who rescued her and when she can leave. She decided to sit back on the bed, which was probably for the best as her head began to dizzy with the whole situation.

visualspice

Once she was more modest, the young man turned to her in a proper stance when addressing the woman, and he kept his tone even and his voice that way, too.

"Some of my ships were attacked and I had gone to the coast specifically to see after the disaster to see what could be salvaged. It seemed only one other man survived, and then there was you," he said, gesturing with his hand. It then occurred to him, but her confused and puzzled look,s he might not have a clue as to where she was.

"Do you know where you are?" And then he paused to inquired, "Do you know who I am?"
It was unfortunate he could not name her.

CalamityMei

She cocked her eyebrow in mild surprise. His ships? She contemplated whether he was one of her enemies now, although for a pirate, nearly everyone was your enemy. Sure, she appreciated the help here, but she was fine, now if only she could be on her wa-. Her head dizzied then, and she placed a hand on it to soothe her aching. Maybe she had spoken too soon about her being well enough to leave.

At his questions, she shook her head, a look of confusion washed over her face. She was sure she recognised the man, the more she looked at him the more his features stood out in her head. Brushing off the thought, she began to speak.

"I honestly have no idea." She let the dizzy spell subside, her mind doing too much thinking after being unconscious for four days. She just hoped her ship was nearby and that it was safe, as were her crew.

visualspice

"My lady, you are in the capital of Allar," he informed her. "I am Lord Calent Allarrick, heir to the duchy, and you are in my home." And if she'd take a moment to look around, she'd see all of the grand splendor surrounding her and filling up the room.

"We had found you in the waters but forgive me, you are not familiar to me. Might we have a name so we can inform your family you are alive and well?"

CalamityMei

Allar!? She was further away than she thought, which meant more than likely she'd have to trek her way back to her ship. She could have cursed under her breath a million times but held it in, pursing her lips. What made this more interesting was that he was the heir to the duchy, a Lord. She felt like shaking herself from this incredulous dream, if only it were one, she never thought she'd see the day she was in the presence of a Lord.

She thought about the name for a second, perhaps he only needed her first name and nothing more? Her identity could be jeopardised if she were to be so foolish upon such a simple decision. "Amarie...my Lord." She said the last part with hesitation, she wanted no trouble, just to be on her way, back with her crew.

"And I have no family." The last part was blunt, but true. Her only family was her crew and it was highly unlikely she were to get them involved in her mess.

visualspice

The name did not ring a bell. Perhaps she was foreign, from Serendipity. It would explain the sort of dress she now wore. But not to have a family...

"That is most unfortunate." He too, pursed his lips in thought. "Is there any one else we could contact?" And then he paused before inquiring, "Where are you from?"

CalamityMei

She watched him intently, the way he held himself, how he looked, the concern etched in his features. She sat straighter, her throbbing in her head slowly ebbing away.

"Well, I'm from many places. You see, I was aboard a ship, my method of contact is that ship." Of course, he had no idea she was a Pirate, nor did he know that she was a Captain. The conversation could indeed take an interesting turn, and with a smirk she couldn't help but relish in the fact she could monopolize her history.

visualspice

"Is your family merchants then?" And he paused to wager a guess. "From Serendipity? Or perhaps, Adela?" She did have rather tanned skin...

CalamityMei

"Merchants...you could say that." In a way she wasn't lying, she was merely not expanding on the truth. Pirates were a lot like merchants, they sold their treasures for money, travelled from place to place, simply put she was a merchant at sea.

"I'm from here and there, never in one place, you see." She folded her arms, her eyes floating from his feet to his head.

visualspice

Calent frowned, not just because she wasn't giving specific enough answers, (for he was not dense enough to ignore it), but because this seemed to be getting no where fast. How was he to help her if she didn't give much information.

"So you're a merchant.... so one of your ships was a casualty of the pirate attack?"
For he could not fathom or presume that this lady could possibly be a pirate. No, that fore sight was beyond him. But even still, he had already promised to help this woman, and help her he shall. She had fallen into bad times on his land, and it would not do well to turn her away- especially since the idea she was a criminal never passed his mind.

"So you're from various origins then? Not one location you call a home?"
Perhaps she needed some time to collect herself. She had been through a lot.. considering she nearly drowned.

CalamityMei

She could see the mild annoyance etched in his features, and if she wasn't prepared to give direct answers, she probably wasn't going to be getting anywhere that quickly.

"It wasn't a casualty. We managed to escape but it is sailing somewhere unknown to me." She was now telling the truth, although leaving out the Pirate part, she felt it nice being seen as a merchant, it was almost refreshing.

"As for my origin, originally I am from Connlaoth, but because I travel so often I rarely consider myself to have a particular origin." She rubbed her temples, standing back up now.

"Calent...I mean Lord Calent, I am in dire need of returning to my ship, I fully appreciate your services but I must be leaving."

visualspice

"Then allow me to escort you. I can help you look out for your ship," he suggested with a humbled bow.

So she was Connlaothian? He had never met such a lady before. Perhaps she keeps to the sea a lot, but his duchy was known for it's trade goods and ship yards. Why hadn't he seen or met this woman before? The name only sounded mildly familiar, but Amarie was a common name.

"And your name...." he went on, raising his gaze to her. "What is your family name?"
Perhaps if he had it, then he'd remember her. Surely such a family would not have gone unnoticed from his family.

CalamityMei

It looked like she had no other choice right now, other than to accompany the young lord upon his ship in order to find her own. "That sounds like a plan." She grimaced slightly at the thought of wearing a dress once again, she much preferred her privateer-esque gear, breeches, a blouse, waistcoat and boots. It was more simple, easier to move in and just down right more comfortable.

"As for my family name, it's Crowley." Of course it was a common surname, something he surely couldn't distinguish her by off the top of his head. She fidgeted uncomfortably on the spot, eager to set sail, feel the swift wind on her face.

"My Lord, when do we depart?" She offered a small smile and out of habit almost offered her hand out of courtesy, however the gesture would just ring alarm bells, being it masculine and not something a noble woman would offer out of formality.

visualspice

Calent nodded, the name not registering, but when she offered out her hand, for a moment, he did not respond before he peered down at it curiously, but humbled her with accepting it.
"We will leave as soon as my men can prepare a ship. It's possible for us to be on the seas as early as tomorrow morning."

CalamityMei

She nodded, the morning seeming much further away than it actually was. "May I wander the premises?" It was a simple question, she didn't want to be restricted to a room, and even though she'd love nothing more than to find her ship all by herself, this Calent was probably her only hope right now.

Even if it meant waiting till morning.