Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Quick Dip Tn The Water [Pagan :3]

Started by Delentus, September 26, 2014, 05:21:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delentus

This such a strange contract.

That is all that was going through Darius' head, this was the newly  assassin's first contract in this particular country. He had done a few contracts in his homeland of Connloath, but they were all what he thought was normal. A few merchants, a neighbor that was looking into the wrong things, even a rival of a minor lord. Those assassinations made a lot of sense to him.

Being hired to murder some sort of 'water being' though, that just boggled his mind. How was even suppose to find it? If this was indeed a water being, which he highly doubted, how would he entice it out? This whole situation was probably just a prank anyway, and the village that pooled the gold to hire him to get rid of this being must be trying to seem authentic. They did pay in advance after all.

It took him just a few more minutes though to finally find a spring, probably not the one he was suppose to be going to but one nonetheless. He decided though that he would take a break there though, he had been walking most of the day anyway. He deserved a small reprieve after all. 

paganchick

Pamuy remained invisible beneath the surface of her spring. She watched as a man approached, silently, she lurked. He seemed at ease, unaware. Like all the others, they didn't seem to notice her, sense her watching. She found it odd, and very curious.

Humans, creatures so careful and suspicious. She would assume they would be able to feel her watching eyes from just beneath the surface. He was edging his way closure. He was so close, she could pull him in, or lure him in. She found that men seemed somewhat attracted to her, some even near hypnotized by her, she found it odd.

Pamuy decided not to pull him in, she could tell he had a lot of sharp pointy things so she would get him to play in a different way.

She pulled herself silently up on a rock in the middle of the sping , the sun shining down through the trees like a spot light on her. Her delicate dress clinging to her skin, the drenched fabric nearly see through. She let out a soft giggle, glancing his way, waiting for his never move.

Delentus

As he stepped towards the spring something started to feel...off. It was almost as if he was being watched by someone, but that isn't even possible. No one was even miles within where he was standing, well at least no honest people.

"Hello? Anyone there?" he called out as he started to turn around trying to see if anyone would come out. His back facing the spring as the perpetrator came out of the water.

paganchick

Pamuy giggled once more, as she glanced over at the the man. He was now tense, did he sense her now that she wasn't under the over of the water. She looked over at him, he was a tall man, that was for sure. Still she didn't speak to him, just waited for him to take notice.

Delentus

Darius continued to scan the treeline, waiting to see if someone would walk out from behind one of the many large trees around the spring. But after a few minutes of nothing, and multiple attempts at calling out to see if anyone would show themselves he gave up and started to turn around back to the spring. What he saw was quite surprising to the young assassin, it appeared to be a young woman but he knew it wasn't. Her skin was far to pale, and the fact that she hadn't been there just minutes ago unnerved him greatly. He quickly gathered his senses, and made himself seem confident.

"Who and what are you?" he asked the girl, as he cautiously moved forward.

paganchick

Pamuy acted as if she didn't hear him, leaning her head back with her eyes closed. The feel of the warm sun on her skin was amazing. finally she looked up, looking directly as Darius, but still not saying anything.
She giggled softly before diving into the water abruptly.

Delentus

"What the hell?" was all he could mumble as he cautiously moved toward the edge of the pound. As he neared he pulled out his trusty dagger and leaned over.

"Hellooo. Who are you?"

(I totally thought I replied to this thread awhile ago. Sorry  :x)

paganchick

Pamuy surfaced in the middle of the pond, making sure there was plenty of distance between the two of them. She knew how dangerous mortals could be with sharp shiny objects. She leaned her head to the side as she looked at the man. He was handsome, that was for sure, but she didn't dare go near him as long as he held the dagger.

"Why do you have that?" She asked nodding her head towards the dagger. 

Delentus

He was just about to make a comment about how she ignored his question entirely, but right before he opened his mouth an idea came to him. Maybe if he was civil to this...being he'd be able to find out if she was his target or not.

"In case I run into a bear, or something along those lines." he said to her, as he slid it back into it's sheath. "Sorry if I startled you, that wasn't my intention."

paganchick

"You didn't have it pulled out earlier. Only when you saw me. Do I look like a bear?" Pamuy questioned as she made a silly face.

Delentus

"Well, you startled me just the same. I wasn't expecting you to start having a conversation with me after all." he replied, flashing a quick smile. He was trying not to seem suspicious at that point, he didn't want to scare her away.

"What's your name?"