Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A string of song in the forest [No more new entries]

Started by SilmeriaElemred, October 21, 2014, 11:28:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilmeriaElemred

Luveh did not mind Yuha's hands on hers. It was actually the first time she touched a humanoids hands at al. She looked at Vel though when he joined in but did not understand what he was trying to say.

''I do not know what Vel means with trying to 'get' me. But he is right about one thing. I can leave this pond and as long as I am in the forest everything is alright. But I must never, under any circumstance leave this forest. I do not exactly know what will happen if I do. But the feeling I get when I think about what will happen...'' she shook her head a little sadly. ''It is a heavy feeling that something terrible will occur''

But she smiled again. ''Could I interest the both of you in something to eat? I can grow various fruits.'' she was not sure if Vel ate or not but she was soon to find out.

Scythe-Nova

-"Oh come now i'm well versed in the creatures of the forest, i know well that dryards cannot leave their forest"

She explained as she began feeling the wheight of the wet clothing she wore, and simply began to remove the top layer of clothes that had gotten wet. The spirits around them all began to move more organized when Yuha began to remove her clothes running up to her and taking the clothes she had removed and hung them up in the lower branches of the trees for them to dry out.

-"but if one's village is in the forest i do not really think there is a problem... darn it's gonna take all day to dry my hair.."

She said mumbling the last part as she tried to squeeze the water out of her very long hair, When Luveh asked if they wanted something to eat she smiled widely and nodded.

-"Sure! a few juicy fruits are perfect on a day like this"

DaGlobster

Vel shrugged.

"I'll pass on the fruit," He said.

He lifted a finger, tapping on the glowing crystal ball that made up his head.

"No mouth."

He crossed his arms as Yuha spoke, ticking idly. She made a somewhat decent point, but then again...

"Well, I can say that I'm much better versed on this subject than you. Although my first hand knowledge of fae is woefully lacking, I can be sure that nothing good can come from leading her away from this place. Fae groves are rare enough as it is, and their ecosystems are incredibly delicate."

SilmeriaElemred

''Do you eat at all Vel?'' Luveh asked as she gently caressed a weird tree and let it grow a deep purple pinkish fruit. It was the size of a grapefruit and had a bit of a leathery skin. Giving a flowery sweet scent as she plucked a few from the branches and handed them to Yuha. ''They taste a bit like how raspberry blossom smells like.'' she said. But her gaze did go to Vel. ''Can I give you anything else perhaps?''

''if a village was indeed in the forest itself then I think it should be fine. But cutting down the trees and plants in the forest has been proven rather painfull for me. I am not sure wether people would appreciate me extending my territory.'' She looked at Yuha's hair and let a strand of it go through her hands gently. ''Its soft..'' she whispered with a warm smile. ''Does it really take that long for it to dry?''

As Vel spoke about the ecosystems she nodded. ''I know my job is to tend to this place. But it is easily disrupted too. Hopefully I can make the trees and foliage stronger.''

Scythe-Nova

-"Well i guess that comes from being a fae myself... well part fae anyways"

Yuha said as she tried to squeeze the water out from her incredibly long braid, When Luveh offered her the fruit she smiled widely and accepted the fruit.

-"Well when you have as long hair as me it takes a while to get it dry"

She explained looked over the fruit a bit curiously before taking a bit bite from it, She chewed on the fruit for a bit before spitting out the remains of the leathery skin and grimacing a bit before laughing slightly.

-"The insides of the fruit was good but that skin was really bitter, maybe i chould have peeled it before eating"

DaGlobster

Vel chuckled.

"One of the perks of being a construct, I suppose, is never having to worry if food's good or bad," He said, and started looking around, studying the grove around him from where he stood.

"Would you like me to dry that for you? It's... the least I could do."

SilmeriaElemred

Luveh chuckled at Yuha. ''Well as leathery as the skin is, it is healthy to eat it. It strengthens the immune system.'' she explained. She looked at Yuha's long hair. Her own red hair was long at the moment as well. But could be longer.

''When I am connected to my tree my hair is really long as well. I could stand here and it would still be entwined in the willowbranches. However it is not easy to move around that way. Although I can not be disconected longer then several hours a day.''

Her gaze went to Vel. ''If it is not rude to ask. But you as a construct. What kind of things do you require?''

Scythe-Nova

-"Well as long as it's safe for my hair..."

Yuha said and started to peel the fruit while looking at Vel, She did not want to risk any damage to her hair since it was so precious to her.

-"As for my immune system it's among the best of all the people i know, I have never had a cold before"

She said with a proud and happy voice as she puffed out her chest while boasting about her hardy constitution. The spirits had gone back to spread out and playing around in various ways.

DaGlobster

"Please, drying your hair is child's play for me," Vel said confidently, and with a wave of his hand, she was all dried off. No fancy sparkling effects, no magical noises, she just became dry.

Clasping his hands together, Vel looked to Luveh to address her question.

"Well, I need rest to recharge, but that's usually only eight hours every few weeks or so. Apart from that, I guess I have no other essential needs. Of course, I still have all the mental needs you or Yuha would have. The need for companionship, the need for purpose, all those things."

SilmeriaElemred

''I see'' Luveh replied. She was amazed by Vel drying Yuha's hair.

''Recharge huh... I should do that too in a few hours.'' she said with a chuckle. ''Being disconnected from my tree tires me out a bit. But. I have enjoyed my time with you two thus far and hope to enjoy it a bit longer. Also... after I retreat... you both could well. Visit me any time. I could play music or just well. Be there for companionship.'' she said with a smile.

DaGlobster

"Companionship..." Vel repeated, stretching his arms.

He looked around, and his ticking heart entered another cycle. A faint ratcheting sound came from Vel's chest, and persisted for a few seconds before the regular ticking resumed.

"I think that'd be nice. Is there anything you'd like to do now?" Vel asked, picking a fallen leaf out of his machinery.

Scythe-Nova

((OOC: Posted before me eh? X3))

-"Than you Vel"

Yuha said with a smile and a not towards Vel as she looped her braid around her neck loosely again so that it would not drag along the forest floor.

-"Well i live not too far from here so i'm sure to come visit you whenever i have time to spare in between doing my work "

Yuha said with a great wide smile on her face and put one of her hands on Luveh's shoulder, She tilted her head when she heard the faint ratcheting comming from Vel and went over to the construct with a curious expression.

-"Now that i'm getting a better look at you Vel, You're a walking piece of art... I'm curious what wood is that you're partly made of?"

Yuha said as she paced around Vel in a small circle looking "him" up and down with a very curious expression.

SilmeriaElemred

Luveh let one of her hands run over some of the wood. ''I could be wrong but I think it is spiritwood.'' she said after retreating her hand and thought briefly. If it is I could perhaps grow it myself when my mmagic will run further in this forest's veins. But if the loggers find out they surely would not be satisfied by the firewood I drop for them at the forests bounderies.''

She looked at Vel and then to Yuha. ''But Vel is Vel. A piece of art but so is Yuha.'' she stated before turning on Vel's question. ''What I'd like to do now...'' she pondered. ''what sort of thing do people normally do? I only know how to make music and grow and heal things.''

DaGlobster

(Sorry! D8)

Vel twitched slightly when Luveh passed her hand over his chest. She'd be able to feel all the moving parts ticking and clacking underneath his plating.

"N-no, not spiritwood," Vel said, his voice slightly flustered from Luveh's contact. In fact, both women seemed to be very fixated on him at the moment, and it was attention he wasn't used to receiving.

"My frame's a darkwood and brass composite," Vel started, and his chest opened up so they could look at the wondrous and impossibly fine inner workings of his chest, a beautifully organized array of silver, gold, and brass clockwork.

"My insides are mostly gold, brass, and silver. There's some glass in there, too."

Scythe-Nova

-"Ah-a piece of art? Me?"

Yuha mumbled to herself as her face heated up with a blush reaching up all the way to her ears, Yuha were the one who usually complimented women so she were not that used to getting compliments herself. But she had some experience of it but the way that Luveh had said it so innocently so it made Yuha feel shy, of course she shook her shyness off quickly and stepped up when Vel opened up his chest frame.

-"Well... Can't say i'm familiar with all these mechanics, i'm sure our clockmaker would be intruiged though.."

She said with a laugh and took a trip around Vel again and shook her head slightly, She were looking at Vel and imagined him having a bit more decorations here and there.

-"The wood in your frame sure could use some touching up"

She said as she reached out with her left foot and pushed back a wood sprite that were trying to take a closer look at Vel's insides, She were sure that the spirit would try to stuff something into the insides of Vel and Yuha was sure that would not be a good thing.

SilmeriaElemred

Luveh pondered. ''I could attempt connecting with the wood and fix what can use some mending but he is perfect the way he is right?'' she said with an innocent smile before taking a step away. Kneeling down and held up her hand towards the sprites. From her hand grew a twig, which grew bigger and bigger until some blossoms, and then fruit in the form of very small round berries formed in a variety of colors. ''You can eat these if you like.'' she said to them.

DaGlobster

"Well, it's an old frame," Vel explained to Yuha, closing himself up again before any unwanted hitchhikers could make their way into his chest cavity.

"I've been through a few tumbles, and even enchanted wood breaks down, over time."

Vel made sure his plates were back into their proper positions, before he turned to face Luveh. He shook his head, as if declining her offer.

"I don't know if connecting with my wood would be a great idea. I'm hardly a natural thing."

Scythe-Nova

-"Hmmmmmm..."

Yuha took the foot off from the spirit as Vel closed his frame, She did the same as Luveh and ran her palm across the battered wood frame before pulling back her hand.

-"If you'd like i could patch you up later"

She said with a smile before looking back at the Spirits around them and whistled sharply and in an instant the spirits were in a flurry of movement, a small group of them retrieved the garment that they had hung up on a branch and handed it back to Yuha before joining the rest of them and marching out into the forest.

-"I almost forgot why i was even out here in the forest today"

She Said with a wide happy smile while looking after the spirits before looking back at both Vel and Luveh.

-"They help me find materials to work with, I dunno where they get some of the things they come back with but they really help out with my work"

SilmeriaElemred

Luveh nodded at Vel but felt a little sad for not being able to help. Not now anyway with her lack of experience. ''I can grow darkwood though...'' she said. ''So perhaps that could be of use. But Yuha. Judging from your words you work a lot with wood right?''

Not just that, she had felt Yuha at the forest sometimes but unlike woodchoppers never felt the need to give a bundle of wood since Yuha was always carefull and respectfull to what she took.

''I could help you getting what you need, wrap it in a bundle of soft vines and place if where you can easily find it.''

DaGlobster

"Oh, no that won't be necessary," Vel said, sheepishly waving all four of his hands in front of him. Just like with Luveh, Yuha's touch sent visible shivers through Vel. It was clear the automaton wasn't used to being touched in a friendly manner.

"Although..."

Vel reconsidered.

"I guess I wouldn't mind a touch-up or two. I do have some scratches I can live without."