Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Enchanting - for sure, but what beyond it?

Started by Sen Aeyn, November 25, 2014, 07:12:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sen Aeyn

The evening grew dark and dusky, shadows falling gently onto the outlines of oaks, beeches, elms and maples, growing side by side with fields and settlements, manning those patches of earth, sometimes green with leaves, sometimes golden with crops, shivering softly in the evening wind. Yet, the dusty road remained heating, well enough almost steaming from the summer day's lingering warmth. The dirt rose and settled back down under the hooves of his grey rouncey, hide seemingly blue in the dimming light of the twilight. That was how he arrived to the door of an inn, worn after a day of riding.

It reminded him of the days of his youth... And a small smile formed on his soft lips as he recalled that it was only two years ago that he set out of his hometown, taking a far better horse than his stepmother would have liked him to ever saddle. The stallion was little older than four years, and was still strong and fresh with youth; it has been by his side for all the time of his travels, just as it was now, carrying his heavy black cloak in the half-empty saddlebags. It shook its head and whinnied quietly as he dove his heels into its sides, prompting the horse to brake, and turn a little at the tug of its reins.
"Whoa, Baiard. Stay calm." he tapped the horse's lean neck lightly with his left hand, letting go off the reins for a moment, and sliding off with an elegance not entirely human; at the very least, it was unexpected from a man that had ridden since morning. Stretching his stiff legs, Daerion stepped from one foot to the other a few times before taking the rouncey by the reins again, and gently leading it towards a couple of other horses, tied before the inn. Baiard wasted no time to bend its grey head towards the water, though to the bard, it looked unsightly at the very best. Raising a brow with a bit of distrust, he dusted his hands against his black doublet, and with a light smile at his lips entered the tavern.

He was pleasantly surprised; it was less crowded than he expected, the air still light and breathable. He wasted no time before getting to the auburn-haired innkeep; an older woman, the red of her hair was already woven through with silver strands, and her round face was wrinkled. She gave him a warm smile, which Daerion kindly returned with the blinking ember of mischief in his emerald-green eyes.
"A dish of trout and potatoes. Well seasoned, if you may. No, no beer." he instructed her, stopping her hands that, most likely by instinct, went to pour a full glass of the gold liquid. He had disliked alcohol save for wine and sweet spirits; beer made him sick, just as heavier meat did. Ofttimes, he wondered whether other Fae had the same issue, or it was a specific issue of his own self only, whether it was a heritage from-
He was pulled from his thoughts by the thud of the plate before him. "Here's yer trout, ser." the innkeep spoke. It appeared that he had spent more time gazing at the wooden boards before the counter than he thought, for the fish was baked, still steaming with heat. He thanked her, dropping the appropriate change onto the counter, and then picking the hot plate up with his gloved left hand.

It tasted delicious. He wasn't famished - he had had a lunch of yesterday's leftovers, cold chicken and stale bread - but a warm meal after a day of riding always had an almost celebratory mood to itself. And after a short while of rest, he had finally reached for the black case, hanging on a thin strap of leather across his chest. A smile played at his lips as he unlocked it, revealing the oaken instrument, its silver ornaments glimmering softly in the light of the candles. His harp.
His left hand carefully unlaced the larger, better crafted glove, protecting his playing hand from even the slightest harm. He took the harp out, ran his fingers across his strings.

Someone from a nearby table leaned in after the sound, inspecting the instrument with a pair of curious watery blue eyes. Daerion's ever-present smile was directed at the man for a moment. "Would you perchance wish to hear a song?" he offered, cocking his head to the side.
"And can you play well, bard?" the man's biting voice answered with a question, a look of distrust in the eyes.
He chuckled. "Have you heard the play of a bard by the name of Illio, an elf with a lute whose voice and face maidens swoon about?" his hands lay on his harp, still half hidden in its case, softly.
A frown of confusion on the man's face told him quite clearly that the answer was most likely to be no.
"You're missing out, then, but he howls like a wolf in the north compared to the play of my instrument. I take this as a dare." he spoke back with confidence, and without lingering further, he climbed onto his table, nonchalantly pushing the plate back by foot. Daring as ever, and just as cocky. Though, it guaranteed him audience. An old trick.

Standing on the table, he drew a deep breath in. He could feel the innkeep's eyes on his back; not vile, only curious. A smile lit up his face once more.
"Ladies and sers, please, lend me your ears!" he called out, his voice booming in comparison to the thread of silk it was before; a waterfall to a churning river, a windstorm to a breeze, and people indeed turned their heads to face the young bard "To prove wrong the distrust of some of the present, I have decided to play you all a song! What do you say?"
A few cheers added him courage; not that he'd really need more of that accursed feat, though. He could see the distrustful patron's eyes glinting in the light of the candles as he first ran the slim fingers of his right hand down his harp.
And he begun to play.
The song was beyond what could be called beautiful; even though it was not the peak of his art, the ears of common folk could hardly see a good play from an average one. Though, soon, they'd begin to recognize that his courage was not for naught. The sound of his voice, masterfully intertwining with the harp's play, quick and lively, yet not forced in any way, weaved a tapestry of sensation before their eyes; they'd take no time at all to see every knight on his destrier, riding through the song, as if they were among them, the smell of grass and the wind by them would come naturally to them. They'd see the stars twinkling on the night sky as clearly as he did when he sang of them. Daerion was no foolish child, playing musicians; he was a bard by name and spirit alike.

Ahnnie

Ugh. Burglars.

They were the definite bane of any homeowner. It was only two nights ago when Sacora experienced such a disturbance herself; she had been coming back from a trip to Adela and discovered the door slightly ajar with everything inside turned topsy turvy. When she later asked her neighbors, they said they didn't know when it happened, but one of them had heard the commotion and chased the thieves off into the night with a few angry dogs and a promise to bring the authorities upon them. While she would have loved to stay behind and clean everything up, it was advised by said authorities to stay away for a while as they set things right, first in the act of finding the culprits and second in ensuring that her house would be safe enough to return to later.

Sacora felt thoroughly insulted and injured at this slight on the part of the burglars. The house they had ransacked was the house she was raised in. It belonged to her foster parents, and still did in her view. That these night thieves should come in and disrespectfully upturn everything felt like a sort of mockery to the time she had spent there, the memories she had made. It was reported that several of her foster mother's only pieces of jewelry were taken along with her foster father's best boots. She thus felt that if she should ever meet those low-lives, she would give them a piece of her mind. A piece of her fiery, scorching hot mind.

In the meantime she had to stay at an inn. It was of no consequence, since she'd been used to staying at inns for a while now, even camping outside. But she decided to keep her travels to a minimum at the moment so as to be easy to reach by the authorities in case anything new came up or in the event she would be allowed to move back in. It was at this moment that she was having her dinner in said inn. The evening was steadily growing upon the land and the inn was getting more crowded as it received its night customers. Sacora did not mind a crowd; after the incident with the burglars, even though she wasn't present when it happened, she felt remarkably safer with more people around her. Besides, living alone did make one crave other people's company more often than one thought.

She had not been paying attention to the flow of customers, so she didn't know when or how this dark-haired youth made his entrance. She only noticed him when he began boasting about his music. "Have you heard the play of a bard by the name of Illio, an elf with a lute whose voice and face maidens swoon about? You're missing out, then, but he howls like a wolf in the north compared to the play of my instrument. I take this as a dare." She cocked an eyebrow, although she still continued eating.

Then he stood up on his table, quickly becoming the center of attention.

"Ladies and sers, please, lend me your ears! To prove wrong the distrust of some of the present, I have decided to play you all a song! What do you say?"

A few cheers of assent went up around him. Sacora's attention was now riveted to the youth, curious about what song he would play on his harp, for that was the instrument he had with him. When he began to play, it was undoubtedly one of the most beautiful compositions Sacora had ever heard. She swore she could see before her very eyes the scenes of which he was singing. They were vivid and at the same time survived side-by-side with the scenes of the inn. In short, she could see what he was singing about all the while still being in the inn. It was a strange and fantastic experience. Her negative emotions that had amassed from the news of the burglary were then swept away. He was truly talented, indeed.

SilmeriaElemred

With her coat messily folded beside her, one legs crossed over the other, her gloves on the table a glass of wine on one hand and a piece of bread in the other, Vivian watched and listened to the play. She did not mind the type of music despite it remembered her just a little bit of the household she grew up in.

She drank the wine in one go before ordering another and finished her meal. Vivian liked wine. Well. Good wine at the least. And tonight, someone was paying for her meal. Which in her mind meant she had succesfully lifted one person at least of their coin purse.

She listened more to the song this bard was playing. Although Vivian was more the type of person enjoying music such as whiskey in the jar, songs as Richard Peter's Fancy or Fairytale were things she could from time to time, appreciate.

Sen Aeyn

He sang and he played, and he played and he sang, for the song was in no way short. By the end, he was well worn from the tireless standing on the table, and he moved stiffly when he finally got off the table, accompanied by the loud clapping and cheering of his audience. He bowed a few more times to them, clutching his harp, before he returned it back to its case. Surely he'd take it out before, but he could risk no harm to the godly instrument. It had cost him more than he'd ever admit to... He couldn't save for another harp with a sound this beautiful.

With the case back by his side, and pulling the dark leather glove onto his right hand, sleeves of the forest green tunic rolled just under his elbows, he made his way to the innkeep, flashing a warm, though not completely innocent smile.
"Fruit wine, if I may," he spoke, leaning onto the counter with his elbow, and swiping a few stray strands of hair out of his face. She nodded, bending down to retrieve a large glass, and for a moment disappeared to bring a fresh bottle of wine out of the cellar.

He scanned his surroundings with his eyes, flashing and ever wary, before they were set onto a young black-haired girl. A pretty one, too... She was like a flower, young and innocent by the looks, yet he could somehow sense she isn't as much of a child as she may look to an inexperienced viewer's eye. Daerion wasn't inexperienced...

He put the change onto the counter quickly, taking his wine, and he made his way towards her, glass in his bare hand, while the right one rested on the harp's case casually. Gracing the girl with a smile, he nonchalantly strode forth, though keeping his distance. A hint of mischief danced in the green of his eyes, and the smile would soon near a grin as he flashed his not-completely-human teeth at her. Fair maiden fair, what are you hiding? That were the words the grin spoke with, though he remained casual in stance.
"Good evening. I hope you've enjoyed the song, my lady." he spoke up.

Ahnnie

It wasn't just Sacora who thought the song was well-played. When the young bard finished his music, the customers of the inn all erupted into applause around him, clearly appreciative of his art. He got off the table and bowed to his audience before putting his lovely harp away in its case. Sacora sat spellbound for a while, still thinking of the music as if to savor the last few dregs of a good wine at the bottom of a cup, then went back to finishing her meal.

What would she do after this? Sacora thought on it a bit, for she wasn't the sort to go back to her room so quickly after dinner. She was also very fond of night walks, as a certain episode in the forests of Ravensway had proved.  So maybe she could take a night walk around the vicinity of the town. If the night had a moon, then it was all the better. She was one who took her walks seriously, going on them as if by rule of ritual or rite. While there wasn't a ritual she was following, per se, she liked to go on walks as a daily habit. Most particularly at night.

She was interrupted from her thoughts by the thumping of boots on the wooden floor--coming towards her. She looked up from her soup, which she had eaten the last spoonful of anyway, and, wiping her mouth with a napkin, saw the musical youth from before. He stopped not too far from her table, but not too close either. Up close she could see the details of his face better. He had glittering emerald eyes, black hair that could possibly rival hers in its darkness gracing his shoulders, and pale, pale skin. He was, as one could say...beautiful. His was a more feminine beauty than masculine, but he was beautiful nonetheless. Though this was so, one could clearly tell he was male.

He smiled at her, showing his teeth the most noticeable of which were his slightly more pointed than usual canines. "Good evening. I hope you've enjoyed the song, my lady." His voice speaking was just as mellifluous singing.

Taken aback by why he'd want to talk to her--Sacora had never really known the subtleties of flirtation in all her life--she took some time before she answered, "Good evening to you too. I enjoyed the song very much...you are a talented musician and singer. Much more talented than Illio," she added jokingly, remembering what he had said to one of the customers before he played.

SilmeriaElemred

''I agree on that.'' Vivian spoke ordering another wine.

''It has been a while a bard had not made my ears bleed so on that point, well done.'' she said calmly before placing a few gold coins in front of him after paying for her new glass of wine. ''See it as payment for a good performance.'' she said before turning around.

Her cheeky smile vanishing before pulling a dagger out of her boot and threw it towards someone. Either she missed on purpose or not but it landed barely an inch from a man's hand who thought her unattended bags were good for a quick snatching. ''If you are stealing from me you need to be faster then a pregnant cow.'' she said to the man who cowardly backed off. Vivian moved some loose bangs of her auburn red hair behind her ears before heading back to her table, retrieved her dagger and sat down with the wine.

Sen Aeyn

"You flatter me too much," he chuckled and shook his head in false humility at their compliments, for a moment his smile lessening, "though, I do thank you kindly for the coin, my dear lady." he took it into the pale palm of his left hand, and quickly let the coins slip into his pouch, a small leather bag by his side, hanging from his belt.

He jerked himself as he saw the dagger flying like an arrow from the hand of the auburn-haired maiden, and his eyes widened, the smirk vanishing as his face grew paler. Thieves were not an uncommon occurrence, but dagger-tossing women were less usual... And he had no love for the weapons of cold steel, or the art of killing, which some thought noble, some honorable, some exciting, but none of that applied to him. He took no liking in fighting and blades; much rather than that, he took up the wood of his harp and let its strings sing!

Taking a while to examine the form of the girl before himself, he took a drink from his wine, the sweet, cold liquid slithering like a snake through his mouth and throat into his entrails, and leaving a tingling sensation of the spice on his tongue. She has skin as white as snow, auburn eyes like the twinkling of flames, and hair black and long enough to rival the mane on his own head, framing her youthful, oval-shaped face. He found himself gazing upon her in contempt for a moment, and as he raised his glass to his lips once more, he winked at her mischievously.

"One more glass, if you may." he spoke softly to the barkeep, serving a table behind him, and with a quick move of his hand, he handed her a coin that was to pay for it. Let the lady be pleased... He had not had enough entertainment lately, all was but travel and journey with no rest.

As the goblet was placed into his hand, he bowed softly to the girl, setting it before her onto her table. Once more, his voice was like silk, as smooth and as flawless when he spoke, fresh with his youth and lively with the blinking flames, like embers reflected by his eyes;
"The nectar of roses for a rose, if it pleases you, my lady."
A chuckle, as light as the ring of a silver bell, ran through his lips, and he straightened his back once more. "However, be so kind, and answer me - what is a lovely lady doing in a place as dark and dangerous as this? There are thieves, farmers, merchants, old men and sellswords... Bards..." The last mention made his lips form a somewhat wider grin once more, the white of his teeth flashing through.

Ahnnie

A redhaired elven girl sitting not too far away from them also complimented the youth and tipped him with a coin.

"You flatter me too much, though I do thank you kindly for the coin, my dear lady," the youth said in a suave manner. He seemed one who knew his manners, as Sacora had observed in his speech with her so far. But his demeanor changed when the elvish girl threw a dagger at a man who sought to steal or pilfer from her bag.  Sacora had been surprised about the knife too, jolting slightly in her seat when she saw it fly, although she calmed down relatively quickly and went back to being her usual mild self after the elf made her snide remark at the thief. He on the other hand seemed frightened and even paler than he already was at the sight of the weapon. Sacora could then tell that he wasn't used to fights, either, although that was probably already evident from the noble appearance of his hands and slight build of his slim body.

He then turned back to her and seemed to contemplate her for a moment. She stared back at him, sitting in silence as she waited for what he would say or do. He took a sip from his glass of wine and then bore his emerald eyes into hers in a most different way. It was almost as if he were gazing at her angrily, for a moment. It passed, though, and he gave her a wink.

"One more glass, if you may." His order was directed towards the barkeep who had been serving someone behind them.

"Oh, and you may take these dishes away too," Sacora added when she remembered her finished meal.

After she uttered this she found a coin pressed into her hand by the hand of the young bard. "What," she was about to ask, but then the bard was given the second cup of wine he had ordered and set it in front of her on the table. Someone came up to clear away her dishes, but she did not notice them, for the youth was speaking to her in that smooth voice of his again:

"The nectar of roses for a rose, if it pleases you, my lady."

Sacora blushed. Did he just...call her a rose? No one had ever said that to her before.

He chuckled lightly, delicately even, and then straightened himself before he continued: "However, be so kind, and answer me - what is a lovely lady doing in a place as dark and dangerous as this? There are thieves, farmers, merchants, old men and sellswords... Bards..."

Sacora snapped out of her trance when he stopped speaking and, blushing in slight embarrassment, answered him a little shyly, "Well...this inn has been safe so far, I should suppose...and...bards?" She shook her head and went on. "Anyway, I am here because my home was recently broken into. I am waiting for the authorities to tell me when I can move back in. And you? What brought you here?"

SilmeriaElemred

Vivian finished what would be her final wine for now. Perhaps she would order a hot mead later.

''Oi Vivian!'' a man called out to her before joining her. Placing his pint of ale on the table loudly.
Whatever they spoke off after he'd join her, was not heard by anyone else but the man seemed satisfied.

''Carefull girl. Finding robbers and their loot is no safe job.''

''Cry me a river. If you'd been caring about me you would not have asked me. Scram. Let me enjoy my free night and listen to drunken robbers later.'' she muttered.

''I do care. You owe me. Find what they stole, give it to me and you are no longer indebted.'' he said before finishing his ale, placing some coins on the counter and left the inn.

Sen Aeyn

Her cheeks flushed rose for but a moment, and in a soft voice that Daerion took a liking for answered him. "Well...this inn has been safe so far, I should suppose...and...bar ds?" She shook her head and continued speaking, while he gave her a soft nod."Anyway, I am here because my home was recently broken into. I am waiting for the authorities to tell me when I can move back in. And you? What brought you here?"
"Indeed, bards! Bards are dangerous, dangerous creatures, they lure you into their open arms with their song and play, and before you know it, you are trapped, and without escape!" laughing lightly, he snapped his fingers, having placed the glass of wine on the table while he spoke. The sound was sharp, in great contrast to his gentle voice.

"That's saddening... Why would anyone wish to break into the house of a lovely maiden?" he shook his head with theatrical disapprovement, and placed his left hand onto the table, leaning in softly. "I? I am but a traveler with a song at his lips and a harp by his side. This endless journey is my life." he proclaimed proudly then, his right hand sliding down to where the harp's case would be, to retrieve the noble instrument and grace this lady with a song as beautiful as any other, one that would be deserving of her.

However, he paled when he found that the case was missing. Could it be that he left it at the table? No, he clearly remembered placing it back... Even as he glanced over his shoulder, the table was empty. The harp wasn't there.
His smile was swept off his face, and his emerald-colored eyes widened with terror. Someone must have stolen it. His precious harp! His lovely instrument! Dear gods...

"Have you, perchance... Seen my harp?" he asked the black-haired girl, voice suddenly shaking, though it retained a part of its elegance still. Maybe she had sighted the burglar that dared to steal it... If it really was a burglar... His eyes traced across the inn, sliding over every face. Old men with grayed beards, farmers and merchants, the wide-shouldered figure of what was most likely a smith, a few young girls, traveling merchants, a couple of sellswords in the corner... That red-haired elf from before who was enjoying her wine...
All of a sudden, everyone seemed suspicious, and before Daerion realized it, his hands were quivering like leaves in the wind. Gathering up the rest of his confidence, he picked the glass back up, and flushed every worry down his throat with the sweet fruit wine in a single swig. A rather forced one, but the alcohol was already getting into his head, making him even more daring than what was right for a scrawny youth of seventeen that could be called a lady as easily as a boy, but never a man.

"It appears someone has taken my harp." he proclaimed, slamming the glass back upon the table with a loud thud, and he raised his head back up with pride.

Ahnnie

He listened to her speak with a sort of alluring patience. In response to her question about how bards could be dangerous, he had laughingly said, "Indeed, bards! Bards are dangerous, dangerous creatures, they lure you into their open arms with their song and play, and before you know it, you are trapped, and without escape!" As he laughed, he snapped his fingers, and Sacora supposed she could feel some mirth from the remark as well. Somehow when he was this cheerful, it was like a sort of contagion. You couldn't help but feel happy as well.

"That's saddening," he then remarked in response to the news of her house's burglary. "Why would anyone wish to break into the house of a lovely maiden?"

Sacora, who had been in the act of taking a sip from her wine cup, almost sputtered at this next compliment. "Oh," she began, cheeks bright red, "I...well, I don't think it matters to burglars if...if the owner of the house is a lovely maiden. Or not." She cleared her throat and looked bashfully away. "I'm not really what one would consider...deserving of such epithets..." If she was being overly modest, it was because she was receiving these compliments for the first time and had never really known anyone could see her in that way.

He placed his left hand on the table and began to lean in closer. "I? I am but a traveler with a song at his lips and a harp by his side. This endless journey is my life." He then reached down as if to reach for the harp case in which he placed his beautiful instrument. His smile suddenly vanished, though, and his eyes widened in horror. The change shocked Sacora and she, too, widened her eyes along with him.

"Wh-what is it?" she asked him, bewildered.

"Have you perchance... Seen my harp?"

Sacora gasped. "Oh my goodness, no...I though it was with you the entire time." She truly felt dreadful for him, for she knew now all too well what it was like to have something taken from you when you least expected it. It was also quite coincidental that they should both have something stolen from them, Sacora with her house burglary, and this young bard with the theft of his harp.

He was truly distraught about the loss. His hands were trembling and he was paler than ever. But then he picked up his wine and downed it in one go, causing Sacora to be more confused than ever at his moods which were turning as quickly as the tides. When he finished his wine, he let down his cup with an authoritative slam, and loudly announced, "It appears someone has taken my harp."

SilmeriaElemred

''Damn that piece of scum'' Vivian cursed softly. Erak, the man whom had just spoken to her must have been so loud at first to distract people and prevent them from noticing a quick and easy theft. Although she was not sure since she was focussing on Erak, she would not be suprised if one of his men took it. Erak was a thief too and was usually quiet even when putting his drinks down. She did not leave her seat though. After all. It was the bards fault flirting with a woman instead of paying attention to his posessions.

Then again. He did play nicely.''I can't believe I am doing this.'' She muttered and got on her feet.returning to the bar.''Another wine Vivian?'' The tender asked.

''No I'm good.'' She replied. And focussed on the bard.''I am no expert but it was a high quality harp for sure'' she sighed another time. Still not believing she did this.''I may know who took it. And if wrong I can find out.'' Her eyes then moving to Sacora. She had spoken softly but clear.''Basicly... if the bith of you want a few answers.. first floor secobd door on the left in five minutes'' she wanted no eavesdroppers on thisone and if neither showed she supposed neither would want answers. She returned to her seat to pick up her belongings before heafing to the first floor where her room was.

Sen Aeyn

"Oh my goodness, no...I though it was with you the entire time."she gasped. Slowly, Daerion managed to nod. "I, too, thought so. Yet, it appears that someone was daring enough to snitch it from my very side!" shaking his head theatrically, embers of rage lit up in his grass-green eyes, and he put his fist, clenched hard enough to whiten his knuckles, down onto the table, bending over to cool his mind. His hair fell over into his face as if it was a curtain, thick and messy, shadowing the white skin beneath, and he drew a deep breath in. The taste of the wine on his tongue was slowly dissipating. He needed to think calmly, find the thief, and get his harp back. Without the beautiful instrument, he wouldn't return... It was his bread-winning possession, the one thing he truly cared for, and he'd wager even his sable-lined cloak for the harp.

The voice of the elf from before tore through his chain of thoughts, and made him flick his head upwards, staring at her blankly for a moment; yet, his gaze grew sharp and concentrated as he listened to her.

''I am no expert, but it was a high quality harp for sure,'' a sigh made its way out of her mouth, ''I may know who took it. And if wrong I can find out.'' Her gaze moved over onto the black-haired maiden. "Basically... If the both of you want a few answers... First floor, second door on the left in five minutes.'' And with those words, she was off.

They left Daerion staring. Something that could have been hope was mirrored in his attractive features, but shortly after, distrust crept on its place, and he narrowed his eyes, springing back up, and straightening his back. His lips narrowed into little more than a thin line. How could he know whether this girl was one to trust, or not? It troubled him more than what was right. He had his share of misfortune with being overly trusting, and was unwilling to repeat those mistakes, especially when his beloved harp was at stake.
He sighed heavily, gazing upon the table, but soon enough found his eyes sliding upwards, towards Sacora. And when he looked her straight in the eye... No, unlike in the songs, it wasn't love on the first sight, nor did he receive divine enlightenment. Those things indeed only happened in songs. But he found a bit of irony in the similarities they shared - that one of them was that they were both robbed...

Shrugging slightly, he crossed his arms on his chest, far calmer than he was but a few moments ago. "It appears as I have little choice if I wish to get my instrument back. Thus, if you'd excuse me... Let me get you one more glass." a smirk crept onto his lips, and his eyes narrowed, much akin to that of a shadow-cat gazing at her, glimmering in candlelight like emeralds in fire. "Tavern keep! One more goblet for the lady!" he called over his shoulder, much louder than when he spoke to Sacora. Soon enough, there'd be one more glass at her table, and the empty and used dishes would be carried off. He placed a coin in the innkeeper's hand, and without as much as another word turned to the auburn-eyed girl, a mischievous glint in the eye.

Ahnnie

"I, too, thought so," Daerion said. "Yet, it appears that someone was daring enough to snitch it from my very side!" He shook his head and put his tightened fist down on the table, bending over slightly. His deep green eyes glittered with rage and his face, the pale skin of which was darkened by the curtain of hair falling over his face, shadowed considerably. Sacora didn't know what to say to alleviate the youth's discomfort. She could only agree with him:

"Indeed, it must've been so. But it was a very crafty thief, for certain."

Then the redhaired elf spoke up, saying she knew who might have taken the fine harp or could find out in the event she was wrong. She also mentioned that if they both wanted answers--Sacora frowned, wondering what sort of answers the elf could know she was searching for--then they were to head to the second door to the left of the first floor within five minutes. And then she was gone.

That being said and done, Sacora continued drinking up her wine as she thought about the elf's words. Did she think that she and the bard were together, to have said "If the both of you want a few answers"? Or...was there something pertaining to Sacora and this bard separately? As in, the theft of the bard's harp...and maybe the recent break-in at Sacora's house? To be sure, there was more taken than just her foster mother's jewelry and her foster father's boots. She tried not to think about what else could be missing, however, for those two aforementioned possessions seemed more important to her at the time.

She then looked up from her now empty cup to face the bard at the same moment his eyes found hers. They stared awhile at each other, Sacora wondering about what he would say about the elf's offer, and him...perhaps he was wondering the same thing. Would she go? Was he even thinking about going? Did he trust this elf? Sacora could understand the need for suspicion. She didn't exactly believe a hundred percent that what the elf said really pertained to her. She was curious, though, and so was the bard, probably. He seemed as though he really valued that harp.

He then shrugged and crossed his arms, appearing more calm now than he had been before. "It appears as I have little choice if I wish to get my instrument back. Thus, if you'd excuse me...Let me get you one more glass."

Sacora started. "Oh, that's all right, you don't need to--"

But he had already ordered another cup from the innkeeper, even paying his coin for it--Sacora also paid for the cup she had recently finished, using the coin the bard had given her earlier--and the table was then graced with another goblet of wine. Sacora felt guilty and rather abashed at being treated so generously. She supposed she couldn't waste this glass, of course, although she did not take her first sip without insisting to the bard, two coins held out to him for the cups he bought her: "I cannot possibly accept this without repaying you. You have been much too kind."

A slight rosiness rose in her cheeks due to alcohol she had consumed. While she was not drunk yet, the wine was seeping into her ever so slightly and to consume any more might make her pass out or turn into a different person completely. She had never drunk that much wine before to be sure of what would follow, though. "Ah," she then said, remembering, "You said you'd go to see to your instrument, yes? I...I'll go with you. I want to see what sort of answers she has for me as well." She felt more confident in saying so especially if the bard was to go with her. Safety in numbers, she supposed.

She almost face-palmed herself when she remembered yet another, very important thing. One that, if they were to work together in uncovering the answers, would be most assuredly required. "Goodness. I had completely forgotten--my name is Sacora. Yours?"

SilmeriaElemred

Vivian was in her room having made herself comfortable whilest waiting for Daerion and Sacora. She wondered then the girl noticed her room was directly next to thisone.

It was weird for the auburn haired elf whom would normally just do her job in the shadows, out of sight, and all she basicly did was for herself. But the easiest way to find out what her 'employer' wanted and wether it had been taken or not was the girls coöperation. If she'd give it.

Whilest sitting in her chair holding her notebook, she whistled a tune before switching to singing softly.

''Tell her to weave it on unicorn bone
parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme...
and dye it red with the blood of old stone
if she would be a true love of mine

Tell her to make me a funeral shirt
Parsley sage rosemary and thyme
With stitches all of graveyard dirt
If she'd be a true love of mine

Tell her to find me where the banshee sings
Parsley sage rosemary and thyme
And bring me home on angel wings
If she would be a true love of mine...''

she closed her journal not to softly and with a soft throw discarded it on the table. She hated waiting and she wondered wether they'd show or not.