Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Characters Lookin' fer Plots

Started by Ahnnie, November 24, 2014, 09:25:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ahnnie

Hello!

So I have been fairly new to SotE and amassed 2 characters so far. This is likely to change in the near future and this thread will be bumped with said changes. Consider this my character plot-page, if you will.

Bwahaha I'm not so new to SotE anymore X33. Still, this page will be updated whenever I make new characters! So keep yer eyes peeled, folks!

Simply look over the character summaries below and respond with the plots and characters you wish to propose for a thread.

Anywho, onto the characters-- Don't forget to click on their respective links in my sig to read their full profiles.

--

Sacora Vale. 18-year-old Fire Mage living in Jadenshine, Serendipity. She owns a small shop selling magical trinkets/objects/whatnot and occasionally travels to find new wares. Therefore, while a majority of plots are going to take place in Serendipity, I am open to a few elsewhere in the world. She is also a frequent visitor to the Meeting Place, so plots there are also as likely as plots in Serendipity. She has a calm, sort of serious demeanor, although that is due more to the fact that she expresses emotions subtly than because she is a stern person. She's a nice and friendly person, just not the most talkative. She has quite the temper when provoked, though.

Kaye Kāohi. 24-year-old fortuneteller living in Kunata Island, Thanatos. He lends people his fortunetelling services for a living, but otherwise does not care much about his lifestyle--just that he finds enough to eat and live. He is a little more curious about other peoples' cultures than his fellow Thanati and so travels much more often than Sacora to get a taste of these new lands. He is generally optimistic and hospitable although he does not make friends quickly--he prefers to know people more before he enters a relationship with anybody. He likes having his mobility and freedom so he will think twice before jumping into anything permanent. He also has a little bit of talent in the way of entropymancy and soul speaking.

Temujin Borkhan. 19-year-old ex-Horse Nomad prince wandering around the world with only his trusty horse and bow at his side. He lives off the land as best as he can, setting up camp when it gets dark and getting back on the road at first light.  In the way of inns, he has no money to use them, and so prefers to stay outside. If he can find some shelter when it rains, then all the better. He has a sort of jockey-like demeanor, being loud and frank and rather arrogant, although that side of him has calmed down somewhat since the destruction of his tribe by an evil monster summoned by a witch. He has a bit of a pride, which can be a little cumbersome.

Noelle Storme. 18-year-old Snow Mage living in Moonspear, Serendipity. She works a part-time job at a library, is a part of the Elementalists' Guild, and mostly lives with her aunts and uncles when she's not traveling. Noelle is absolutely friendly and sociable with an optimistic disposition. She has a magic amulet that houses the spirit of an ancient king who possesses her every so often, and when he does so, she becomes a different person entirely, appearing slightly older and acting the opposite of who she normally is: cynical, dark, and gloomy. She's sort of a dunce at magic, but when the king possesses her, she is an expert--and destructively so. The king's spirit is too weak to do anything extreme at the moment, but the more he feeds off her magic energy, the stronger he grows (that's going to take a while though, since she's not that great at it). She knows nothing of these possessions and neither does her oblivious family.

Ethereal-Star

Hey there! I know you and I are currently in a thread together with your Sacora character and my Admar character but I also would like to propose another character thread option/s.

Hows about an Olwen/Sacora thread? They both live in Jadenshine and are both mages so this would be perfect for them to meet up somewhere. Olwen is a blood mage still attending the academy in which she has learned her skills from. Where she will go from there is unknown to both myself and the character.

I think perhaps a plot involving Olwen tasked to go visit Sacora's shop to look for some interesting, useful and perhaps rare magic items and artifacts would be good and make sense. I would highly think a mage school would find a lot of use for such a shop and would make frequent visits there, either by the teachers or students themselves. Items like potions, wands, staves, orbs, rods, and the usual normal magic fare, as well as some other things less common, including magical amulets that can tap into a certain elemental plane of existence (think Amulet of Fire Conjuring, or Necklace of Light.) Other things could include other made up products like a Brooch of Magical Protection, or various enchanted rings that can do a number of things, like shapeshifting, elemental conjuration both the element themselves and the elemental creature too. Or what about fire grenades and stuff? I have another character named Morguen who would love to find and buy more of that kind of stuff. Anything to do with fire that is.

Other plot ideas can be casual conversations about the discussion and application of their magical abilities, or friendship plots, or whatever else I can think up. Maybe even a quest-related plot where Olwen seeks to find a rare artifact that both she and Sacora are looking for.

Other characters of mine that could work: Adelaide/Sacora and Morguen/Sacora. Although I would think with Adelaide this will have to be put on hold for a later idea until some of her previous threads close. Already have 4 going now for that character. As for Morguen, it would obviously not be a friendship or conversational thread, but one with some amount of conflict and separate story lines going for both, if that makes sense. The exact details I'm not sure about yet. But mainly she would have interest in Sacora's shop if she sells fire-related equipment.

For your fortune teller, no ideas yet for this, although sometime in the near? future I will be making a Thanati Fortune Teller of my own, so we'll see.

Let me know your thoughts and suggestions on any of the above. Thanks.

Ahnnie

@Ethereal-Star

Wow this is a lot XD! I'll try to respond as thoroughly as possible.

Sacora/Olwen. Definitely! Sacora needs more action in her shop. She'd be more than happy to supply anything she can to a magic school. The quest thing is looking pretty good too XD! I haven't done a quest here yet. How bout Olwen goes to the shop, talks about the quest, and then they hitch off from there?

Sacora/Morguen. Fire equipment. Yes, there is definitely fire-enchanted equipment in the shop :3.

Fortuneteller: that's cool, just reply here or pm me when you want to pull Kaye out XD.

Ethereal-Star

Yes, a quest plot would be neat for these two characters. I'll think up a good quest idea/item name while I'm at it. Since today is Thanksgiving though, I may not be able to post something right away. But I will get to it when I can.

For a Morguen/Sacora thread, I am going to wait a little on this one but would love to RP this too. Something along the lines of Morguen needing some fire equipment to take out a target or targets rather, and it very well could be a side-plot to a current thread I have now playing this character. I think this could make a nice little 'detour' side story for it. But anyway, the Olwen thread I think will come first, but don't quote me on that. It depends which idea surfaces first, LOL.

The fortune teller character won't come into play for awhile as I still need to write up her profile. Actually don't really know much about this character other than her profession and abilities for the most part. And of course, gender, ethnicity, and residence too. The other details are yet to come. She doesn't even have a name at this point. But first things first.

Ahnnie

@Ethereal-Star
That's perfectly fine! I just got out of the Giving of Thanks unscathed myself (lol I'm just kidding. I meant to say that I was also wrapped up in Thanksgiving matters yesterday). PM me when you have it ready or if you have any other ideas you want to share ^^.

Ethereal-Star

I responded with a really long PM. Hope you don't mind.

Ahnnie

UPDATE: added Temujin to the party.

Alegretto

Hey there Ahnnie. I'm looking to start up some threads and Temujin looks like a very interesting character. I have a couple of ideas for plots that we could do if you're interested, and if you are please reply here again or PM me.

Ahnnie

Klezmer Gryphon

@Ahnnie

I just read through Temujin's profile, and he looks like he'd be a fun character to throw some characters at. I've got a few ideas roaming around in my mind, and if you wanna plot something, shoot me a PM and maybe we can work something out! ^_^

Ahnnie

Bump! My Noelle is a fresh one, just to remind you. Who wants to be her first plot, hmm :3?

Vyraena

I have a few characters to offer, Ahnnie!

First would be my newest character, Andariel, who could really work with any of your characters in some way. She's all about subtle manipulation, implanting lies and false hope in peoples minds and bringing out their dark sides, pushing them towards corruption and insanity. Of course, she could also have direct confrontations with people. Maybe she could do something with Noelle, and as she plants deceptions in her mind the king's spirit begins to take over more often, or something along those lines?

Another option is Achak, who is a horse nomad that could probably get along with Temujin. Even though Temujin isn't part of a tribe any more, they probably share some similar ideals and a similar lifestyle, and could likely find something to do.

If either or both of those options interest you, let me know, or if you have any ideas of your own I'd love to hear them!

Ethereal-Star

I wonder if Chandra might be interesting to throw into a plot with Kaye. Since Chandra does not travel outside the island of Kelei, Thanatos, he would have to make a visit there. Perhaps Kaye gives her a reading and finds out some potential danger lies in store for her (regarding her past that is). Then he offers to help her to defeat/deter these enemies and maybe make them go away for good (or at least temporarily). Could prove to make some good conflict for the both of them. Of course, this time Chandra would be better prepared to face any such attacks directed toward her, but she certainly wouldn't turn down any help either. What do you think?

Ahnnie

@Vyraena

I love your ideas! Temujin has definitely never thought he'd see another horse nomad for the rest of his life. I haven't exactly pinpointed where his original tribe would've lived, or if they're even in Adela, but a similar tribesman will definitely get along with him. We should totally thread them together!

And Andariel using Noelle, that's absolutely perfect, the girl needs some evil in her >:D Mwahahaha...I find this idea very interesting. Perhaps Andariel could be working towards freeing the king from the amulet completely? That is, giving him full possession of Noelle's body (like with the ultimate transformation I have detailed in her profile, where every once a full moon or something he can transform her body into a male version of herself; only with a full-full possession, it'd be permanent). What do you think?

(BTW, this means I like both XD)

@Ethereal-Star

I totally love this plot. Count me in it! Do you want to start a thread or should I?

Vyraena

I love that for Andariel and Noelle. That would definitely be something Andariel would do! Do you want to start one thread, and I'll start the other?

Ethereal-Star

I can start it if you'd like. Just need some time to type up a decent starting post plus still getting over a cold atm. I hope to have one up by tonight.

Ahnnie

@Vyraena

Do you think you have time? If you do, start the thread, please :). If not, I'll start it sometime soon.

@Ethereal-Star

No worries, if you're not feeling well I can always start it ^^. Might take a while though, perhaps later tonight or early tomorrow morning.

Vyraena

I can start them. I'll try to at least get one of them up tonight.

Ethereal-Star

@Ahnnie I am feeling much better now, thank you. I can start it but I have yet to think of a decent start point. Oops.  ??? I mean I know the generic idea and all, but...yeah anyway I can do it as soon as I can come up with something. Hopefully tonight. I'll let you know when I have it up and post the link here and/or tag you.

Vyraena

@Ahnnie HERE is the first thread, the one with Andariel and Noelle. I'll work on getting the other one up as soon as possible.