Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Happenstance and Misfortune [Vyra!] [M]

Started by DaGlobster, December 16, 2014, 05:26:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaGlobster

"Hey, you want to load a dragon-hunting pistol mid-sprint with a crossbow bolt in your shoulder--" He interrupted himself to point at the still-protruding crossbow bolt. "--Then be my guest. But, I guess you've got a point. I just...I'm just so frustrated at myself right now..."

He awkwardly rubbed his forearm. "If we go back to my safehouse, I can see if I've got anything to reimburse you with."

Vyraena

Kira smirked. Perhaps things would work out in her favor after all. She looked at the man, who was quite visibly upset with himself, and could't help but feel a little bad for him. She lightened up a bit and decided to be more friendly, at least for a while. "Very well, but before we go, I suppose I should introduce myself. My name is Kira Yagami. And you are?"

DaGlobster

Herrick looked at Kira for a few moments, and leaned against the tree. His smile returned, and he held out his hand. "Herrick Tavish. The pleasure is mine."

Vyraena

Kira reached out and shook Herrick's hand. "Alright then, where exactly are we going?"

DaGlobster

Herrick glanced upwards, towards the rooftops around them.

"Well, we're going up, first of all."

He broke into a run, going past her and into a short alley. He ran against the back wall, sprinting a couple steps upwards before he pushed off, grabbing the edge of the roof and pulling himself up. Due to his height, the whole thing had happened frighteningly quick.

"Keep up, will ya?"

Vyraena

When he turned to address her, Kira vanished into the shadows and reappeared next to Herrick on the rooftop. "I can manage fine, thanks. Although I prefer to do it the simple way." She said with a smile.

DaGlobster

Herrick sighed. "All these mage assassins, throwing away valuable experience by teleporting everywhere," Herrick said with a chuckle, patting his gloved hands together. He pointed over to an old, burned out church.

"That's our destination."

He took off in that direction, sprinting almost silently across the rooftops, an interesting ability, given that he was 6"4'.

Vyraena

Kira kept pace with Herrick as he sprinted across the rooftops, staying just slightly behind him so she could watch his movements. It was a difficult task, considering he was almost a full foot taller than her and his strides were much larger. For the first time, she took a look at the place they were heading, and she couldn't help but poke fun at him.

"Burn the church down, too?"

DaGlobster

Herrick looked back at her as he deftly leaped over a chimney that protruded from a rooftop, hitting the ground running once again. "I'll have you know, it was burned down when I got here. And it's not really a church. I think it was like some sort church-turned-mage school. willing to bet an anti-mage lynch mob torched it."

Seamlessly, he crossed the gap between two buildings, and continued running.

Vyraena

While Kira could jump between the rooftops if needed, it was easier for her to teleport with her magic due to her short stride. She would phase between planes to cross the gap between each rooftop. If Herrick were to judge her for that, so be it. It would be foolish to have the power of magic and not use it, in her opinion.

"It was a joke. Lighten up, will you?" Kira said to Herrick as she followed him, falling slightly farther behind as they continued going. She was a very capable assassin and had good speed and agility, but this man was as talented as she was, and he was almost a foot taller. No matter what, it would be almost impossible for her to keep up completely.

"Anyway, out of all the places you could pick, why this one?"

DaGlobster

'Heh, what kind of question is that? You show me a church, and I'll show you a building with more hidden nooks and crannies than the royal palace." Herrick replied. "Besides, I stay in the tower."

With that, they reached the end of their journey. Dropping down to street level, Herrick glanced around before approaching the church's door, opening it and holding it open. Motioning to the rows of burnt pews and ruined artwork, he beamed. "Living in the lap of luxury, I tell you."

Vyraena

Kira couldn't help but laugh a little at that. "I suppose you could say that. After all, I assume there's no cost of living here, and it seems well maintained."

She took a few steps in, before sitting down on one of the benches. "More comfortable than I would have assumed."

DaGlobster

"I try my best to keep it presentable." Herrick commented, not being able to help himself from looking Kira over as she sat on one of the pews. Damn him, if that armor wasn't skimpy. However, he caught himself staring before she could turn around.

"Anyways!" He suddenly exclaimed, walking off to the side and retrieving a rather long ladder that had been leaning against the wall, setting it against the railing of the second floor walkways.

"After you, m'lady."

Vyraena

Kira wanted to teleport up and say something like "Are you so quick to forget things?" However, she refrained from doing so, and instead began to climb up the ladder. After all, it was this man's home, and while she was a smart ass, she wasn't necessarily disrespectful.

She climbed the ladder silently, and readjusted her armor a few times on the way up absent mindedly. When she remembered Herrick was climbing below her, she blushed just ever so slightly. What a sight for him that must've been!

DaGlobster

Herrick had climbed to the second floor a few times already, so he didn't need to be looking up the entire way. However, as they neared the top, he need to glance up to make sure he didn't overshoot the top of the ladder.

So, glance up he did.

It wasn't really a decision he'd come to regret...ever, actually. He didn't know why she didn't just do her shadow thing to get up the latter, but unnecessary questions like that took away focus from the situation at hand.

Vyraena

When Kira got up to the second floor, she stepped away from the ladder to make room for Herrick. She looked around at the building, which was nothing special, to be sure, but was still quite nice. Waiting for Herrick, she stood there in silence.

DaGlobster

Herrick surmounted the ladder, dusting his hands off. Looking over to Kira, there was a slightly awkward moment of silence before Herrick started walking towards what would have been the church leader's personal chambers, but as he opened the door and entered, it was clear the room was little more than an empty, burnt-out chamber. Herrick had a massive sleeping bag set up in the center of this room, along with a backpack

Vyraena

Kira followed Herrick into the room. She took a moment to look around, then took a few more steps forward, so that she was now standing next to him. "Not bad. Simple and practical."

DaGlobster

"Hardly what it seems..." Herrick muttered, stepping over to his backpack.

He picked it up, and unbuckled the top. "Handy Haversack. Like a bag of holding, but much more practical. Let's see if I can't find anything here for you..."

Vyraena

Kira stood there while Herrick searched through his bag. In truth, she was aware that it was partly her fault for what had happened. She hadn't expected this man to actually try and make things up to her, and now she was starting to feel slightly guilty. She decided she would try and do something for him, as well.