Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Skinny dippin'! [open!]

Started by Rhindeer, December 26, 2014, 03:06:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChocbreadMarshmallow

Ilvenath gave him an irritated look and thought to himself: 'Well, maybe not now, but later, you willl...'

He turned back to his bags. "Y'know, I should jus' keep a handful of 'em for myself", he muttered while picking a fish from the catch, "who'll find out? Not that old fart, for sure!"

He slowly began his rant, anew, and this time started to wave the fish in the air, making it flutter as if it was still alive.

Rhindeer

"That doesn't sound like a fair deal," Tikaani said, as she watched the fish wave through the air. She swallowed, finding that she was starting to salivate, and tore her eyes away.

"A bowl of soup for pounds of fish? How is that a fair trade when you've done all the work?"

Pointedly, she ignored his original question. She wasn't sure how to explain what she was doing out here, and wasn't a good enough liar to come up with a good excuse!
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

ChocbreadMarshmallow

"I know, right?! Th' bastard is a slavedriver, I tell ya! Jus' th' other day, he kept buggin' my lil' bruv 'bout re-stockin' th' food but he ain't given 'im any coin to buy it! When my bruv tells him he can't, the innkeep jus' yells at 'im for another ten minu- Whoops!"

Ilvenath's angry handmotions became so immense that he let his grip go on the fish in his hand, letting it slip out from his grasp and sent it flying through the air, splatting against Tikaani's leg. "Oh, ah, uhm... Sorry 'bout that?", he apologised with a slight wince in his voice.

Rhindeer

PLOP! The cold wet fish plopped onto her leg, and Tikaani stared down at it with wide, dark eyes for a moment. It was not a look of horror, though, but hunger. Oh, dear ocean mother, it smelled so good! Fresh caught and plump, she could already taste the blood and fat and oil on her tongue, and she wanted nothing more than to just scoop it up and take a bite from its soft belly.

Her stomach rumbled loudly again, and Tikaani realized she was staring down at the dead thing with saucer-wide eyes--and that that might be kind of weird! And so, swallowing hard, she picked the fish up slowly by the tail and, reluctantly, held it back out to the man.

"You want it back?" she asked, while chanting in her head, please say no, please say no!
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

ChocbreadMarshmallow

"Well, actually...", Ilvenath began, but then he noticed the stressed look on Tikaani's face. She seemed awfully tense and he felt reminded of a poor fellow who literally fell into the inn's door. The sod had been lost in the tundra after a snowstorm and ran out of rations, barely surviving by eating snow the whole way until he managed to make it to Hyoite, completely starved and thin like a twig. Ilvenath was at a loss as to why a healthy looking woman with such close proximity to the ocean would feel such a hunger, though, and felt a slight discomfort.

"Y-You know what? You can have that one. As I said - Boss won't find out if any a' the catch is missing if he didn't ever see th' full catch", he replied, the words coming slowly as he regained focus on the covnersation. "Say, you look awf'lly hungry. Are you ill? Something th' matter with you?"

R.R. Pebble

Mathew watched the conversation between Tikaani and the strange man with interest, but said nothing. Maybe he could learn something about how to get on in this world by watching, he thought to himself.

Rhindeer

"Ill? Me? Oh! Ahaha! Oh, not at all!" Tikaani said with a laugh and a dismissive wave of her hand. "I'm healthy as a bull elephant seal! I just...uh...."

She glanced down at the fish she held and smiled sheepishly. Ocean goddess, was she so transparent? Well, she had never claimed to be an actress, and her family had always told her she wore her emotions like a second skin, brightly patterned and shining. She never was good at subtlety.

"I just really like fish?" she finally managed, and wanted to smack herself.