Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

In dire need of plots

Started by Anadwen, January 02, 2015, 11:30:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anadwen

So I found myself with two active threads, and I was like:

Whoa! No!

And I started this. To put it short, I need plots - I have many characters, but not enough threads!

Essyrn

Akiu - Akiu is a thief, and a dancer and entertainer at the same time. If you are rich, you might find yourself a few jewels lighter after he finishes his spectacular dancing number; and you might find yourself in sudden attention if you're a mirror, since he's an example narcissist and loves himself and his good looks more than anything else. Charming, flirty, lax, and flamboyant, he's all talk and no walk; perhaps caused by the fact that he's half-fae (his father was most likely a Djinni), he's a fleet person that's difficult to lay hands on, and even more difficult to keep them there.

Serendipity

Nakahiro - A ghoul. That means, he eats people. Not for fun, but because it is the only sustenance he can take in; human food has no taste to him. He appears like a beautiful, solemn young man; however, his run-down manor in Tirial houses, besides a she-butler and a lot of skeletons also the extensive research of the dark mage and sorcerer that he is. He might be refined, but don't be fooled by the appearance of a lord and a carriage, gilded with silver - he's a dangerous fellow who hates humans above everything else... And he's also lonely and loves company. He tends to eat it afterwards, but you cannot be angry at him because of that.

Connlaoth

Nia - The young Adhara that doesn't like to fight, Nia had been born with the wrong ability; she's a quiet, shy daydreamer that likes to eat cakes and play with her little brother, but her precious ability had forced her otherwise. A hopelessly innocent bookworm like herself would never harm even a mouse... Unless you threaten her family. That is when her surprisingly overprotective nature steps in; she will not let anyone that she loves be harmed. Yet, she's still in training, and not exactly good at being an Adhara - after all, she forgets her duties because she sees cakes in a shop!

Miku - An ambassador from Adela who does NOT enjoy Connlaothian winters, but being the workaholic, eternally dedicated to his work that he is, he wouldn't raise a complaint if his life depended on it. He's serious. He's honorable. He's just. He's selfless. He's dedicated. He's loyal. What more do you want of an ambassador that was never intended to be ambassador, and instead was bred to be a knight? Though Reajh, mage camps, intrigues, and all the conflicts of Connlaoth to him stink like rotten fish, he's dedicated to his role to offer council and help the Grand Duke and his King at the same time... But mainly the King.

Artemis - a little thief that gets into constant problems with the Connlaothian law thanks to his uncontrollable freezing magic... He did not wish to be born with it, but a mere touch of his right hand can freeze a man over in the matter of seconds. He's a social chameleon, who can be a shy boy in rags in one moment, and a smug lord in a doublet of cloth-of-gold in another, but he has lived in the city for far longer than what he'd like, and is quite frankly growing tired of it. Bitter, jaded and empty inside though he puts up a facade of confidence, he's only growing colder and colder, much like his magic is only increasing in unpredictability by ages. And most of all, he hates those that jailed him in the past, so unjustly!

Lucien - now this is a big fish you're talking to, and you better beware, cause if you don't swim carefully, you might swim right into his maw. He's the Regent of Connlaot, and he's a sly one. A very sly one. Greedy, shady, and evil, he will stop at nothing to get what he wants, and he will keep going till the world's at his feet! Yet, he's also charming... And still looking for a lady from appropriately high society to wed, best of all if she were young, charming, and blissfully stupid not to get into his plans.

Thanatos

Yukio - One arm, but twice the wit, Yukio used to be a warrior - till her arm was sliced off. She's a tough girl that won't take anyone's crap, and due to that, she refused to join a temple at her retirement, hoping that one day the pain of her wound will subside and she will return to service, and also that her entropymantic magic will stop being haywire and will return to its original state. Till then, she runs her half-brother's shop of miscellaneous goods, and after a lot of convincing is willing to act as a martial arts instructor - but it truly requires a lot of convincing. Thieves are not advised to attempt to rob her store; she still officially owns her naginata, kurisagana, wakizashi, and all the other blades from her service, and will not hesitate to use them on an intruder!

Ichiro - the White Khan scares little children and is rumored to watch people for fun; it might be true, and it might not, but what is sure is that the unaging, always-grinning ghost-talker is a scary sight to behold, and even odder to converse with. What does he want? What is he thinking? What are his plans? No one quite knows that, since he lives all alone; after a few-years-long episode of madness, following an unfortunate summoning of a demon that burned all of his family, he changed from a slightly unsettling to an outright scary person. He loves to talk to people, but his mocking talk and sarcasm might make it somewhat... Difficult.

Wanderers

Aldanith - don't play with him. He might resemble a cat in demeanor, manners, and perfect balance, but he's not going to play cat-and-mouse with you - he'll kill you outright, without doubt, because he is the perfect assassin and fighter. Though destroyed inside, and with a soul darker than one would even dare suspect, he keeps his pride and his intelligence, and if you manage to get close enough (and aren't scared off by the cold display he puts on at all times, or don't die before you manage to 'befriend' him), you will find a person with more stories than blades he carries.
Note: he's a walking armory, in reference to the previous statement.

Thranuilas - beautiful on the outside, less beautiful when he shows what hides behind this beauty, and eternally solemn and somber, he is a half-fae with a face of a porcelain doll, fingers of a bard, and very strong magic, but without a shred of luck in his long life. He might be elegant, but the world had given him a heavy burden to bear, that self-same magic that completely destroyed him, because he had been but a toy in the hands of his parents, a toy to try their experiments on. He's willing to share songs on his harp, but not his own, never his own, and he's willing to lend a sword to a cause, but that cause... Has to be a good one.

Grian - Now comes the Fangs! Bring the booze, bring the wenches, bring the gold! He likes it like that! He's a wild, wild man, that much is etched into his very self; the white jaw hiding his face, the bright blue hair, and the odd, but very dangerous weapons that he carries are marks of an expert thief and tomb-robber! He can get any treasure you'd ever wish, be it an ancient scroll, a golden artifact, or that beautiful girl from that one inn in Ketra, without doubt he can. Yet, there is death creeping at his heels. Death that he can't stop; he is cursed, and slowly dying, by shadows that creep upon him, and by every day, the curse proceeds.

SillyGoy

Well, I've got Sirius over here, a wandering sorcerer kind of fellow. He could happen into Grian one fateful day, somehow know of his affliction, and promise to restore his life and more in return for an oath of eternal loyalty to his God.

Oh yes.

I want to start a cult.

DaGlobster

You know, I've been thinking about ascending a ghoul I used as an NPC into a proper character, and I think a thread with your ghoul would be the perfect kickoff to his PCdom. He's an ancient ghoul, though, so unlike Nakahiro, who's all young and pretty, this ghoul's old, spiteful, and bitter. Not to mention he'd be considerably more powerful than Nakahiro. He's got a bit of a kind spot to him, though, and he practices medicine. What do you think, Ana?

Anadwen

Goy, Grian would be more likely to toss a blade at Sirius and laugh into his face to go chasing after wenches right after rather than serving any god. Ever. He spits at gods and pisses onto their shrines, because that's Fangs... But it would be fun to see Sirius try to convince him, if you want.

Yes, I like that idea, Globster. I like it. A lot. We can go with this. Nakahiro would love to meet another ghoul, he's pretty darn lonely in that completely destroyed manor of his...

SillyGoy

I'd like to see Sirius try. But first he has to get approved by Rhi-Rhi.

DaGlobster

Alright. I should complete his ascension relatively soon. A couple hours, give or take. I'll PM you when I finish him. If you want to put up the thread in the meantime, feel free!

Vyraena

If you're still looking for more threads, I'd like to see Andariel to to subtly manipulate some of your darker characters, namely Lucien.

For Lucien, she would likely plant ideas and false promises of greater power and wealth, as well as women and popularity, into his mind while she attempts to drive him into a more corrupted state. She may also try to use his position of authority to her advantage, manipulating the commonwealth of Connlaoth through him. Of course, they could also have an outright confrontation.

Let me know if that sounds like something that would be interesting to you. Also, if you'd like to try something else, I'm open for other ideas, this is just one that really stood out to me.

Laraine

I'm up for some action too if your interested still.

I think Artemis might work well with Echo. She's on the hunt for a group of thieves and murderers who murdered her family when she was little. Her personality unlike his is very stoic and determined. Basically its just all about revenge with her and the tricks might make for some fun and hilarious moments. She has another trickster of sorts hanging around with her, Loki the god who granted her her gifts over the elements. She might be able to help him control it or ask Loki if he manages to get close to her. The two might even gang up on her sometimes to mess with her a bit.

Also I think Grian, might have a challenge in Laraine. She's a half witch, half demon hybrid who is on the run from her "Family" on the demon side set on killing her. She could hire him to locate something that might help keep her family at bay. Also, contrast to his character, shes always smiling and has a kind and true heart despite her rather...dark past. But, shes in no way easy to take advantage of. She may have a mask of complete innocence and can be rather clumsy at times...but since she lost her lover to the demons she is rather determined never to love or even have sex again. So he may have a challenge if he attempts to even bed her. Besides, she'd rather no one ever got close to her again. Since they all die by those demons hands.

You can also look at my other character Star if your interested. Thanks!