Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Mistaken Identity

Started by paganchick, January 02, 2015, 05:11:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paganchick

"I never said that either," Jasper spoke as he stepped away from the cage. He walked around the room, putting out the torches leaving the room in complete darkness.
"We will see you in a couple of days little bird."

Vyraena

With a sigh, Sinestra leaned against the cage. Her race was a race born of the shadows, so the dark didn't really bother her. She had at least decent sight in the dark as well, so she would still be able to make out movements and outlines. There was nothing to do now except sleep, she supposed, and so she slept.

paganchick

Jasper left Sinestra for a long time, it could have been hours or days, she would have no way to tell in her little dungeon how long had passed. Finally he returned, but he didn't bother to light any torches. He was a creature of the shadows. The monsters that made things go bump in the night. He sat in his seat and began to peel an orange.
"You hungry?"

Vyraena

Sinestra straightened the way she was sitting before talking. "Quite. Not that it matters though, really. We both know how this works."

paganchick

"Oh you are no fun at all," Jasper said laughing as he ate a slice of the orange, sighing in satisfaction. He was having fun, not as much fun as if she was begging or pleading, but he could tell she wasn't that type of woman but everyone had a breaking point. Everyone.

Vyraena

"I never got a chance to thank you for putting out those dreadful torches the other day." Sinestra said with a grin. "The dark is much more comfortable. I assume you can agree, considering you haven't lit them again."

She sighed and relaxed her body against the cage. "I do hope you've fed Nightfang, though. He can get a bit violent when he's hungry."

paganchick

"I am not afraid of your wolf little bird," Jasper said laughing. His eyes seemed to have a dangerous glint to them. He leaned back heavily, looking at Sinestra.
"Pardon my bluntness but you are beginning to stink," He said, but it didn't really seem to be aimed towards her, it seemed to be more of a statement to himself.
He placed another slice of the orange in his mouth, remaining silent as if in thought.

Vyraena

Sinestra laughed. "That tends to happen when you're kept in a cage and haven't cleaned yourself."

paganchick

One thing about having such a sensitive nose was bad smells could really get to him. Of course, he wouldn't show this, but he would have to  do something about it. He stood without a word and left. A time later woman, undoubtedly servants at the palace came down, all carrying buckets of water in which they threw on Sinestra. The first several buckets were hot soapy water, almost hot enough to burn her skin. The last several buckets were clean cold water, freezing cold water.

Once the servants left Jasper returned, "Much better."

Vyraena

"Ah, how kind of you." Sinestra said sarcastically. "And here I was thinking you weren't concerned about it at all."

paganchick

"Well a lady should be treated with some respect, don't you agree, I am a gentlemen though I doubt you believe me," Jasper replied as he once again sat in his chair.
"What to do with you little bird."

Vyraena

"I think you may need to get your eyes checked." Sinestra said, keeping her sarcastic tone. "I can assure you I am an elf, not a bird."

paganchick

"Oh bitter isn't a pretty color on you little bird," Jasper said laughing, her comment seemingly amusing him greatly. Jasper pulled out what appeared to be a tiny slice of bread. He would feed her just enough to keep her awake and somewhat functioning, she would still feel like she was starving though. He tossed the bread into the cage, it was soaked in vinegar.
"Eat up little bird, need to keep your strength." 

Vyraena

Sinestra ate the bread, slowly, pacing herself to make it last a while. Most people would probably have devoured it, but she was smarter than that. "Thank you. Such an accommodating host!"

paganchick

"Well as I said, I am a gentlemen," Jasper said as he sat back and watched her, his face unreadable. Jasper stood after several long moments, one of the bottles in hand. He opened it with the up most care.
"But this isn't moving anywhere so," He spoke. He very carefully poured some of the liquid into a aspergillum.

"This is going to have to become a bit more unpleasant.... for you anyway."

Vyraena

"It can't move anywhere if it has no where to go." Sinestra said with a sigh. "And as I said before, I have nothing to offer. Feel free to do whatever it is you have in mind, though, if that's what will help you feel better."

paganchick

"You could be more convincing," He said simple as he waved the aspergillum at her, droplets of the stuff being flung from it onto the woman. It would feel like acid on he skin. It would set her nerve endings on fire. It wouldn't leave no marks though, wouldn't actually injure her, so he would be able to keep it up for a long time.

"Most people who are innocent being accused of planning an assassination, facing there death would have a bit more conviction."

Vyraena

"I'm not afraid of death." Sinestra said. The droplets burned, and waves of pain flooded through her body, but she showed no signs of it. "Even so, I have done nothing wrong. What good is begging and pleading if there is no way for me to prove my innocence?"

paganchick

"I didn't say begging or pleading was what I wanted, I said conviction, sincerity," He said as he stepped away, letting the pain build in her.
"If you were to instantly break down begging and pleading I would have known you were guilty." 

Vyraena

As the pain intensified, Sinestra's body twitched slightly, but other than that she still showed no signs that it was affecting her as much as it was. "Well, I'm innocent, and that's all I have to say." She said, this time with a more serious tone in her voice.

Tags: