Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Cats in the Cradle [m]

Started by Lion, January 11, 2015, 12:51:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lion

[If he had his way, Crowe would still be tied up and likely without a tongue, being as unappreciative of his  crew as he stepped back, looking at Khanna skeptically.  "I cut my way out," he explained. "But they took my fucking knives, so I had to use theirs."

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

That was enough for Khanna's anger to get fueled all the more. Perhaps following 'BlackBird' had been foolish. Though it was rare, or so he believed, when he himself got a chance to be foolish. And now he was covered in sewer shit!

Glaring at Crowe, he moved to wipe some of the sludge from his face. Ugh, he could have hurled.

"Do you still have those knives?"
Because if they were both here already, might as well kill some rats.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

"I want my knives," Crowe said sourly.  "It'd feel a lot nicer to feel their blood dripping off something I own.  But a pipe makes nice of work of them too in the meantime."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

He shook his head.  "This'll do for now," he flipped the pipe in hand and the rusty knife in the other.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"I suppose you're right," Khanna growled and looked around. "You ever been here before?" It'd be nice to have some sense of direction, though Khanna felt he knew enough to get around, or else he wouldn't have been so foolish to show up here to begin with.

Lion

Crowe shook his head.  "I don't tend to stick around undercity sewers if I don't have to," he said and glanced at Khanna's outfit.  It was obvious he looked more than a little worse for wear.  But now really wasn't the time to mention it.  "I think the way you came is the way out.  We should go further in down the way I came."  He nodded to the boss and scampered that way down the tunnel.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"Neither do I," Khanna scowled. But killing Crowe would defeat half the purpose he was there. So he'd punish the Black Bird later. Moving along, quiet as a cat, his eyes scanned the area, but what was there was underwhelming. Even turning the corner there was nothing to see. Despite that, it made her even more ill at ease and her unhappy disposition soured.

"You sure this is the way you came?" she hissed, and just as they took another step, a dart flew out of no where. Thankfully it missed Khanna's skin but sunk into her heavy leather armor of her shoulder. Growling, she yanked out the dart and cast it aside, turning to growl into the shadows as a figure moved and tried shooting another poison dart at Crowe.

Lion

And that was when the knife went sailing from his hand and there was a grunt at the other end of the tunnel, and a loud thump on the watery floor. "You coming, boss?" He turned to look at Khanna briefly before moving on.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Khanna's eyes narrowed, darting every which way as she followed after him. After all, if one Rat spotted them, who's to say there wasn't anymore?

Lion

Oh there were lots more. In fact Crowe counted on it.  That's where the pipe came in handy after all.  He paused before a turn and saw one man turned about, smoking a cigarette.  Crowe wrapped the pipe around his neck and choked him out, pulling him up off the ground, the man gurgling as he writhed in agony.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Khanna shot a hand out to grip Crow's arm, hard.
"Don't kill him," he hissed. "Let's use this one to get some answers."

Lion

"Well, duh, boss.  Why do you think I'm holding him like this instead of splitting his skull?" Crowe griped, though he did loosen the hold just enough to let the dangling man gasp for breath.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Khanna shot a glare his way.
"Better watch that tongue, or you'll lose that, and then some." Then to man he held, he gave a gesture, "So start talking. Or as my man here told you, he has no reserves in splitting your skull." And Khanna moved forward to look the man right int he eyes.

"And dont' think about lying. I want to know exactly where this sewer leads, and just what the hell the Rats are planning to do, stepping into Cat turf and threatening some."

Lion

"Fuck...off," the man spurgled and drooled, only to spit at Khanna.  Crowe lifted him off the ground again and he gagged.  "Okay!  ALL RIGHT!"

"That tunnel leads down to the Big Cheese!  Rat Pack central.  You go down there you're fucking mincemeat!"  He barked a laugh, knowing he was probably going to die anyway.  "You Cats are history.  Face the music.  It'll hurt less.  Besides we've got more connections than you could realize, even without that fucker Dey."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"Big talk for a little.mouse," Khanna sneered.

"Big talk," the man retorted, words still garbled. "For fucking pair of pussies."

At that, Khanna's eyes lit up dangerously and in one fluid motion, he plunged a dagger into the Rat's gut.

"At least Cats have nine lives." She turned the blade, the man yelped. "And you? You'll die and remain in the sewers where all Rats belong."

Lion

The force of the blow was enough to make even Crowe jump and he slowly let the dying man go as he stared at Khanna, watching that expression on his boss's face.  He put a hand on his shoulder and gave it a light shake.  "We've got some rats to squash, Boss." he said, and gestured for them to get going.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Khanna shot a glare Crowe's way.
"Yeah, but it won't be easy. We've killed a few already. It won't be long before we gain more attentions. Come on, let's move quickly. He said their hub is this way, but we'll go the other. I don't trust that man, even if he coughed it up. Something about what he said didn't smell right."

Lion

He was right, and for once Crowe didn't think the Boss was completely nuts.  He nodded to him, and gestured the man to lead the way.  When he followed, they came out to a rotunda waterfall, where water poured down into a grate, where the sewers led deeper underground, and four tunnels intersected each other. 

Crowe stopped to listen, ears pricking up and honing in on the noises coming down from the western hall.  Rats.  At least ten of them.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Khanna heard it too, straining his ears before gesturing to Crowe.
"Sounds like we found our place. Wouldn't be that many Rats if there wasn't the Big Cheese around."
And she wrinkled her nose at the self given title that man had made. What a stupid nick name if she ever heard one! At least with mountain cats they had agility, and power. Not that it mattered just who had the best name.

"We should see if there aren't any other ways to get down, or other means to get a better look at what we're up against."