Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Cats in the Cradle [m]

Started by Lion, January 11, 2015, 12:51:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lion

It was hours before Crowe returned, and when Khanna was asleep, he'd awake to something laying down beside him.  The pillow would be a little wet.  It did rain last night after all, and when he'd open his eyes, there'd be a sack of jewels on the bed.  And on the pillow, Lady Leger's pretty little head, complete with tiara and cut right finger, sticking out her nose.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

To say Khanna was in a state of shock was an understatement, and the scream that erupted from his throat made the whole world wonder if he had just murdered the woman who's head and finger were beside him. But when anyone rushed onto the scene, Khanna began to cut them down, growing furious, growing mad, until the first person she had attacked was beaten to death.

"BRING ME, CROWE! BRING THAT DAMN MAN TO ME!"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

He wasn't called, he was dragged.  He was summoned, he was snatched.  The other Mountain Cats that found Crowe by the training grounds, knife throwing, when they imparted Khanna's fury to him.  He was already half-beaten by the time, he arrived to Khanna's room, with a bruised cheek and split lip.

"Here he is, Boss!" yelled a Cat named Dairen, and he kicked Crowe forward.  Crowe spilled out onto the ground, his nerves burning with adrenaline and he quickly scrambled to his feet.

Crowe said nothing, and simply looked between Khanna and the other men that surrounded him.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Seeing the man already bloodied sent her off again, turning to the men and demanding who did it. She could tell even before it was uttered who it was, and proceeded to beat the shit out of him until a pair of his teeth spilled onto the floor. 

Stepping back, she cracked her bloodied knuckles and looked down at Crowe.
"I wanted him for me." she hissed, daring the others to challenge her. When no one said a word, she pointed to the door.
"Out. I will deal with him on my own," she told them darkly, her eyes never leaving the men's as they moved out from the door. And once they didn't, she didn't hesitate to kick Crowe on the side- hard.

"I told you a fucking finger and ring. I didn't want her god damn head." And he gave another swift kick to his side before spitting, "Who said you could enter my chambers!?" And he dropped to his knees, pulling Crowe up by his hair and glaring wildly into his face. A knife was brought out, pressed to his neck.

"You have a lot of explaining to do," she told him, eyes feral as the cold blade pressed ever closer. "And if I like your response, I might cut less of you as your reward."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

It took everything he had to bite back his anger.  He was scared, sure, as any man ought to be in the face of a blade giving him a close shave.  He might just shave off his head, but Crowe forced that fear down into his belly and away from his eyes.  He looked up at Khanna, wiping away the blood that dribbled from his nose.

Crowe had a feeling groveling would get him nowhere.  And defiance, would just make him more dead.  Joking?  He doubted the boss had any sort of sense of humor.  So he just glanced over to the severed head of Lady Leger and the sack of jewels on the bed.

"I wanted to leave an impression," he said, keeping still against the blade.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

At that, he cut across the man's throat, but only deep enough to bleed. The fucker would live for now.
"Impression?" Her grip tightened on his hair as she gave him a shake. "You trying.to be a fucking ass kisser?"

Lion

"By the frothing at your mouth, I can tell it worked," Crowe replied with a grim expression.  Better die by the blade, than be sold off like fodder.  Not that he was sure Khanna was above that.  They were still in the post-job interview process after all.

"You wanted the ante upped.  So I upped it."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Khanna was holding his hair so tight he was shaking.
"Up the ante?" He laughed, a cold, maniacal sound. "You're new here, Black Bird, and while I enjoy over achievers as any other god damn crime lord, what I don't fucking accept are those who come into my god damn quarters uninvited!" Pissed, she went on to beat the shit out of him more until she felt his blood splatter on her face and she stopped, breathing heavy while looking down at his form.
"I'll spare your life, since you're green. But if I ever catch you in here again, you'll fucking wish you were dead." Moving away from Crowe, Khanna paused at the window at the blood stains on her face, and felt her blood boil. And what was this? Was she starting to show some wrinkles? Her hands balled into angered fists so tight, her knuckles turned white.

Lion

Crowe spat out blood from his nose and cleaned it with his hand.  He smiled, teeth bloody despite the beating Khanna gave him.  He wasn't going to tell the boss that he'd actually been here for years, that they'd only met just now, so he didn't.

He pulled a rag from his pocket and blew his nose.  He gestured to the loot on the bed.  "So?  What do you think?" he asked after that. 

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

He peered over at Crowe from over his shoulder.
"What about it?"

Lion

Crowe was never one for boasting, but even he was proud of that heist.  Of course, he wanted to do bigger, better.  So there was no use in bragging now.  Crowe just shrugged and shook his head.  "Nothing.  So, if there's nothing else, I'll go then," he said, and turned to leave.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Khanna's sharp gaze shot to Crowe.
"Did you count it all? Take inventory."

Lion

Crowe looked over his shoulder at the boss and then to the loot on the bed.  He said nothing and walked over to the loot and unfurled the bag all over the bed, grabbing stacks of coins and jewels and even setting off a stack of trade agreements, manifests, and parchments worth thousands of suns in gold.

He sorted it, organized it quickly and began to count his stacks, pulling out another notepad from a pouch in his belt and a piece of charcoal, jotting it down.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Khanna watched in silence. He was a bloody mess, yet still he did his work. Then again, he probably wanted to live. At least he wasn't one who talked back...
Much.

She had enough of dealing with men like that. But it was all part of the game. It's why she had a very strict code. She had no patience for bull shit. But she found herself crossing her arms across her chest.

"This isn't your personal work space. Cats aren't allowed in here. I thought we went over this." But she made no move to try to out him, simply crossing her arms across her chest with an irritated glare, one that lingered from time to time, upon his findings.

Lion

Crowe didn't say anything to him still and just looked over his shoulder to glance at Khanna from his interjection.  He continued to count the coins and stacked up the random jewelry, even separating it from rings, to necklaces, to earrings, and raw gems.

He took the finger from Lady Leger's head and tossed it to Khanna with the ring still attached to it.  "What you asked for.  I'll take the head with me.  You can keep the tiara."  He put the head in the now empty sack and left the gold neatly stacked where it was.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Khanna looked down at the finger, then over at him.
"Why don't you use the tiara to get yourself laid?" And that, more or less, was the man complimenting him on his job well done- or as close as he'd get to one.

Lion

Crowe turned to Khanna and gave a humble grin.  "I don't need a tiara to get that, Boss."  He laughed and walked toward the door.  "Should be about ten grand there in gold alone.  Feel free to count it yourself.  I believe breakfast slop is just about to be served.  Don't want to be late."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Khanna stared at the booty, then stared at Crowe's booty and threw a gold coin at his ass.
"Get yourself something better than slop. And close the door on your way out."

Lion

"Yah, boss," Crowe said and reached down to pick up the coin that fell on the floor.  He pulled his pants up and walked out the door, closing it quietly behind him.  He paused behind it, flipping the coin and grinning.

"All in a night's work."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

It seemed the Leger Legacy was hardly over, for the same week it all occurred, Khanna was hearing no end about it- and to top it off, apparently someone offed Mister Leger and looted his entire estate. It was a sloppy operation, and not having heard back from 'Black Bird' over the job, she decided to take action into her own hands. And no one went near Khanna when they saw their boss was on the prowl.

Her eyes cut through the area like cleavers, and to see no sight of Crowe, she went off towards the swamp lands, figuring he'd be in the very place she first 'met' the man. And she was not disappointed and he had his back to her as she approached-

ANd as she grew closer,s he realized he was pissing.
A flash of a dagger was all he'd see before Khanna growled.
"Start talking or I'll start cutting," she threatened, blade pointing at his cock.

Tags: