Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Calm After a Storm (Open)

Started by Ignatius, February 02, 2015, 05:01:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ignatius

In the northern forest of Ravensway, the bright morning sun rose and pierced rays through some of the thick branches. Rain dripped from tree tops in the aftermath of a harsh thunderstorm, in stark contrast to the raging winds and crashing thunder from the night before. Although it was quiet now, the woods were known to be enchanted, or possibly haunted, and danger could lurk around any corner.

Evelyn Greenleaf, a tall, pale woman with green hair appropriate to her name, carefully made her way through the underbrush. She was wearing leather boots, pants, and a vest, as well as a long fur cloak that nearly reached the floor. It served to keep the dripping remnants of rain off her, even if it did occasionally get caught on a thorn bush.

"Come on, Aaenia, I'm pretty sure I saw one strike this way last night!" She called out behind her. The green-haired witch, always thinking of what her next spell or enchantment was going to be, had stayed up the entire night watching the lightning strikes, but nonetheless was extremely happy and cheerful as she made her way through the woods. She'd practically begged her companion to come along with her, even if she'd never admit that she wanted the company.

RedAsuna87

Aaenia followed along behind at a dragging pace, the witch made use of her unique ability to form her arms into a cloak that nearly drug the ground, and was the color of thick, black ink. Her head was covered by a hood, which was similarly fashioned from her power, the upper portion of her face mostly obscured by the shadow cast by the hood. As for the rest of her dress, well, it was what she always had 'on', patches of smooth, inky blackness that covered her crotch and nipples, but there were those stockings too!

"Yeah, yeah, I'm comin'... The forest might be full of magical entities, but I doubt a lightning-stricken tree is going to get up and walk away, Evelyn.", the fae woman fussed with a frown, but still faithfully followed at her own pace.

Ignatius

"Well... no, I suppose you're right Aaenia, it wouldn't go anywhere..." Evelyn let out a small huff as she waited for her lackadaisical companion to catch up again. "I mean, if it was one of the ones that could walk, it'd probably be dead now anyway..."

The witch continued her way through the forest once Aaenia had caught up, and was practically doing nothing to be stealthy about it. "Oh, this wood is going to be excellent for elemental magic! When lighting hits a tree during the thunderstorm, it's like all four of the elements are raging and clashing against each other!" She exclaimed excitedly, even though her companion usually didn't listen to her ramblings in very much detail.

RedAsuna87

The black-clad, grey witch still followed along, her head lolled-back and mouth slightly agape as she stared up at the sky. She looked as thrilled as always when it came to listening to the other woman gush about magical implements, and one might call her a bad friend, but just being out here with the hedge witch was a plenty meaningful gesture.

"Why don't you just shoot some lightning spell at one of those perfectly good trees next to us, eh? Same thing, and we'd get to relax sooner. Maybe find a spot to bathe, or some fruit-baring tree...", the slight sound of her stomach growling could be heard at the mention of fruit. 

Ignatius

Evelyn scoffed slightly at the notion, but stopped for a moment and shook her head at Aaenia. "Well... if I could manage something that powerful on my own, I wouldn't need this to begin with! And besides, it still wouldn't be the same as if nature had done it on its own. Sometimes it's better to work with nature rather than bending it to your own will..."

She paused for a moment at that, and stopped walking again, as yet another idea had struck her. "Ah, of course! That's exactly what we need to do here!" She didn't seem to feel the need to explain herself further, and instead the odd woman simply looked up at a patch of sky that was un-obscured by branches, and started making a strange pattern of whistles. Magical beings might sense the small amount of spellwork she put behind the whistles, and a moment later the magic she'd intended worked, and a songbird of some variety came and landed in her hand.

RedAsuna87

Aaenia was a bit oblivious to most of the continued rambling, she caught bits and pieces, enough to know Evelyn found her idea lazy and ineffective. She continued walking after the hedge witch had paused her advance, and even bumped lightly into her companion's back before snapping completely back to reality. She looked around for a moment or two before narrowing her eyes at the whistling, her long ears twitching.

"Just another way you mortals fill the air with noise, careful summoning the forest creatures, a passing woodsman might take you for an innocent maiden...", she snickered and momentarily nipped at Evelyn's nearest ear before standing next to her.

Ignatius

It was Evelyn's turn, this time, to only partially listen to what Aaenia said, but for good reason! She leaned in to the little bird she'd summoned up and, with a smirk, whispered something quietly to it. It flew off, and she folded her hands in front of her chest, seemingly quite proud of herself.

"I was just... hey!" She laughed at the nip at her ear, and looked over at Aaenia with another smirk. "Well, that's why I have you here! We're much safer as a pair. Besides, haven't you ever wanted to be able to literally tell someone you got a piece of information because a little bird told it to you?"

RedAsuna87

She canted her head at Evelyn's question, her brows lofting slightly in thought. Her attention went from her companion to where the bird and fluttered off to, then back with not real hurry.

"Safer, eh? I suppose, then again what if this was part of my plan to dispose of you? Lure you deeper into the woods, gobble you up, and be done with it. Of course you're probably going to say something about why I would have waited.", Aaenia shrugged and turned from Evelyn to look around casually. "As for bird talk, I'd be fine with nothing talking to me, if I stopped to think animals might bother me as much as you humans, I might go more mad."

Ignatius

"Hmm, even though this whole trip was my idea? Well, if you must, do your worst, I suppose..."

Evelyn grinned over at Aaenia once more, before the bird from earlier landed on her shoulder and tweeted at her a few times. She nods, then promptly turns around and starts walking completely opposite to the direction they'd been heading without another word! Naturally, she wouldn't actually admit that she'd been traveling a full 180 degrees in the wrong direction. "It worked!"

She headed off into the forest again, this time with a good heading in mind!

RedAsuna87

Some bluer hue of color filled her cheeks at Evelyn's consent, Aaenia seemed to stand there, rather dumbfounded and obviously embarrassed to some extent, though she's never admit to either. A few seconds after the hedge witch began to walk, the grey woman began to follow, her pace quicker this time, as if she were trying to keep closer to Evelyn.

"Yeah, whatever...", she grumbled after clearing her throat, finding her voice once more, though her tone started off a little mousy.