Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

This Cinderella Wears Boots

Started by visualspice, April 14, 2015, 08:11:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Ooc: no worries! Just post when you can :)

At first, Angel was amused as she scritched the dog behind his ears.
"Typical kid stuff," she went on with a roll of her eyes,but when he finally did settle on a dare, she sprung to her feet.
"What? You want me to put back on that froofy thing? Do you even know how long it takes to lace up the back?"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Whim

"What? I think its just as good as yours. And a dare's a dare" the boy shrugged. It actually was silly.

An impish smile crossed Ewan's face as he late back in the bed. A pang of jealousy flared in his brain as his dog snuggled into Angel.

"I don't know much about dresses and don't care to learn. You don't need to do it proper, anyway."

Without a sound the cat drifted from its post in the doorway, slinking in to the darkness from whence it came. Shaggy let out a low whine of alarm. The dog didn't like this.
Awesome avatar by Eckhart_von_Musel

Guilds:
Wyrdwood Academy of Arcane Science

Events:
The Midnight Harvest
Into the Mouth of Qokagax

Characters:
Ewan ap Rhys - once a great sorcerer, now a small boy
Anwen ferch Rhys - scholar of blood magic
Duke Blackthorn - Duke of Dawn and Dusk, Warden of Weal and Woe, and all-around evil faerie
"Kaliam" - magically conjoined apprentice wizards
Maergath - Magister of Soulshaping, necromancer, angry and hateful wizard
Narlis Thordane - Hero for hire, proud and unrepentant scumlord
Niamh Wayrest - trader in forbidden lore, purveyor of curiosities
OLIVER THE BARBARIAN - a very reluctant hero and monster-slayer
Sage Whitechalk - heir to the Whitechalk Family
Saoirse Nettlefield - Headmistress of Wyrdwood, conniving academic

visualspice

Angel groaned.
"Fine. But you'll have to turn around so I can change. And you're helping with the laces!" even a little tightening was better than her dress threatening to fall off and give everyone a show.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Whim

"Do up the laces?" Ewan groaned and rolled over, pulling up the old blanket to cover his face. He was more tired than he thought and sleep was beginning to gnaw away his energy. "You're supposed to do stuff for the dare, not me!"

Shaggy slid off the bed as Angel rose to change. The mutt padding over to the door, loudly sniffing about, before falling onto his haunches like a soldier at attention.

Guilds:

Events:
The Midnight Harvest

Characters:
Duke Blackthorn - Duke of Dawn and Dusk, Warden of Weal and Woe, and all-around evil faerie

visualspice

"Have you ever worn a wedding dress? I think it's one of the most uncomfortable pieces of clothing there is! And the dress can not be worn without the help of another person. And seeing how your dog doesn't have hands, that leaves you. Now come on," she pressed as she slipped into her dress, back to him and her clothes discarded beside the bed. "Get lacing!"

Whim

Ewan wriggled his fingers with a smirk. "Bet I could give Shaggy fingers and he could do it..."But you better howl good in either case."

"So just through these holes?" Ewan rolled over and sat cross-legged on the bed, taking the gossamer lace and staring at it in confusion. He felt dumb for asking and began sloppily lacing the gown from the top. He missed a few holes and pulled it a little too tightly in places. The muscles he'd had as an adult were replaced with the baby fat of a small boy, after all, and he'd had to overcompensate.

Guilds:

Events:
The Midnight Harvest

Characters:

visualspice

"Yeah, yeah," she went on with a roll of her eyes. "I'll howl so much your dog will be jealous. Just keep working at those laces. I don't feel like giving you a show while making a fool of myself."

She kept one hand on her bodice to keep it up while Ewan worked and her other hand held up her hair. It seemed like the kid was taking forever, and when it felt secure enough, she turned around suddenly before he even had a chance to tie it closed.

"That should do. I'm only wearing this for like a minute. Now come on," she jerked a thumb towards the door. "Let's get this dare over with so we can move on with this game. Oh, and don't forget about Shaggy. As much as you'd like to wish it, he still doesn't have real fingers."

Slipping out into the hall, she peered around to ensure no one was there and moved as quietly as possible to the front door and outside. Any minute creak made her bristle, and she held her breath as she slowly closed the door behind her. But as she turned around to step out int the lawn, her bare foot stepped on her dress and with a gasp,s he began to tumble forward.

Whim

"Course I won't forget him! I ain't careless," Ewan hissed, creeping barefoot after Angel. Shaggy followed when Ewan gave him a tug, but he could feel the dog's muscles tensing up. Something in here sure was bothering him. Their second journey across the threshold was nerve wracking, though it took less than a minute. Getting caught would be humiliating.

And then Angel tripped.

The boy could see it happened, and rushed forward to grab her, but it was too late. The bride fell forward with a loud thud onto the creek floorboards. He dropped his whisper, "Angel, are you okay?!"

"Children? Is everything alright?" came old Mara's tired voice from down the hall.

Guilds:

Events:
The Midnight Harvest

Characters:

visualspice

Angel cursed and grabbed Ewan's hand.
"Come on!" and she proceeded to drag the pair of them out the door.

Whim

Ordinarily  Ewan would've protested being pulled by the wrist, but he allowed the disheveled bride to tug him along. The witch's stable was another few paces and they'd soon put everything back to their host's specifications. Angel's howling would have to wait.

"Sorry. It was a dumb idea," Ewan looked down and muttered, trying to fit the rope and collar back around Shaggy. The wolfhound was having none of it and squirming out of every attempt. "I don't know what's gotten into him. Think you could hold him steady?"

Guilds:

Events:
The Midnight Harvest

Characters:

visualspice

She only obliged when she felt they were far enough away to get this under control, then promptly dropped to her knees and held onto the dog.
"Hurry up!" she hissed. "I'd rather not get caught you know!"

Whim

"Stay. Staay. Good boy!" Ewan finally secured the rope, scritching his dog behind the ears in consolation. He stepped back from the animal and dusted off his hands. "There. All done and no one the wiser."

Angel and Ewan could hear approaching footsteps. It was Mara, a small fire burning in her outstretched palm and casting long shadows on the grass. She stood straighter than before, and didn't look at all a tired old spinster. "Bit late to be out and about, isn't it children? Old Silas tells me you've been up to mischief."

A ragged little tabby slunk into view beside her.

Guilds:

Events:
The Midnight Harvest

Characters:

visualspice

Angel nearly jumped out of her skin, but when she turned around, she had to do a double take. Was this the old woman?

"Silas?" She looked to the cat. "Are you saying it was the cat who gave us away, or just the pair of us bein' noisy?" Angel went on, not fully believing the old woman who....
hrm, maybe it was the lighting, but she didn't look as old as she once had. It was... strange. then again,t he night could play tricks on you.

Whim

"Silas is a clever cat. Last thing I need is that mongrel causing a ruckus and riling my poor cat!" she chided. There was an edge her voice. It wasn't just a scolding.

Ewan gave Angel a look. He had to agree the old woman looked different in the moonlight. Her wrinkles and any kindness had been smoothed over. His mind raced in search of excuses, "We were just worried he was lonely and all! We're awful sorry for the mess. We took him right back out."

Mara gave a dissmissive grunt. "Brats aren't fit even to feed spiders it seems. No matter, got other uses for you." With that she beckoned forward wither index finger.

Ewan felt his nightshirt grow very tight around his arms and midsection. The boy's limbs began moving of their own accord as he toddled forward. "Wh- hey! Stop!"

Guilds:

Events:
The Midnight Harvest

Characters:

visualspice

Angel gave the woman a glare.
"We didn't mean to cause any sort of a scene. But we were just passing through anyway and I-"

And she found herself pausing for a moment as Ewan was stumbling forward.

"Hey, kid.. what are you doing?" she hissed, and snapped onto his arm, but was surprised at the force behind it as she was suddenly stumbling behind him- being dragged along with him instead of the other way around! She would have succumbed to the same fate with the clothing, but she had removed hers in lieu of the dare that required her to wear her dress, whihc she was cursing and stumbling over now.

Whim

The dog was barking.

"I don't know! I can't move!" his voice was panicky. The boy tried to bring his hands together for a spell, but his limbs refused to answer. With sudden deftness, Ewan twisted from Angel's grip, skipping several paces ahead to stand obediently at Mara's side. Her strong grip and sharp nails dug into his shoulder.

The old woman chuckled softly. "Its not personal. I simply need my shears and the spider needs his meal. I couldn't let you slip away so easily. Mind you, I might keep the boy if there's magic in him. Now if you don't want your little brother harmed I suggest you get back into your night clothes!"

"Don't!" Ewan shrieked.

Guilds:

Events:
The Midnight Harvest

Characters:

visualspice

Angel's head was swimming, her skin prickling with fear. But she kept a cold, sharp gaze on the witch.

"And if I refuse? I don't think I need any enchanted clothing to do those tasks you just asked. How about I feed your spider and get your shears in exchange for you letting my brother go?"

Whim

"That'll be our bargain. You get the shears, I send you off.Best case you'll steal 'em back, worst you'll be tribute," Mara's lips curled into a smile at Angel's suggestion. "And don't cross me, girl, I've been at this since before you were born."

Ewan stood there sullenly. Angel's proposal was probably going to get her eaten, and there was no way he was going to live under the thumb of some stupid country-witch. He began muttering an old sylvan poem, one that was supposed to turn him into lion, and shred the cursed nightshirt...

Guilds:

Events:
The Midnight Harvest

Characters:

visualspice

"And by sending me off you mean sending both of us off, together... right?"

Whim

A dusting of fur was beginning to form on Ewan's ears and sideburns when the boy's hand rose to slap himself across the cheek. "Ow!" And the spell was lost, leaving a light coat of down clinging to his extremities. He folded his arms in defeat and shot a rueful glance to the witch.

"Afraid of the dark, girl? I'm liable to throw the boy to the spider should you fail anyway, girl, so you've a point. He'll behave for me anyhow, hm?" Mara snorted in amusement at the struggling Ewan, tousling his hair.

The sorceress began to walk Ewan in the direction of the well, motioning Angel to follow. "Now are you sure you don't want a pair of britches for spelunking?"

Ewan caught Angel's eyes and shook his head emphatically. He hadn't really made many clever choices today, and certainly should've smelled the witch, but Angel might be able to overpower the woman things as they were.

Guilds:

Events:
The Midnight Harvest

Characters: