Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Breaking the Sky (M)

Started by Lion, April 22, 2015, 01:00:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lion

He didn't move however, and remained where he stood before, arms crossed over his chest.  "You're lying," he said.  And just eyed her with a narrow, unconvinced gaze.  "I am the prize you seek.  Why?  What could I possibly have that you'd want?" he asked, though he already knew the answer.

Castor looked at her bag and gestured to it.  "Give that to me."

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Draconian

Yes!

He spoke first. Xala gave a tiny mental arm thrust of victory before he just stared at her. She stared back, blinking slowly. Her weird reptilian eyes staring right into his very human looking ones. Could this be a staring contest? Man, she'd totally win that too.

Xala scoffed, giving him an offended look - had she been read so easily? "We didn't take you for having such an ego, Iron Fisty Guy," She got up slowly, rolling her shoulders and stretching her neck in the process. Loosening up, more or less. "You're just headed where we're headed and we wanted to tag along." And then she held her bag possessively, giving him a long look, "We'll give you our bag when you give us your name."

Lion

[If you mind a little manhandling, I can edit my post. But Castor tends to do this kind of thing]

He didn't waste time stepping forth and grabbed her entire face with one hand, pressure crunching against her bones and more than ready to snatch her head from her body, and he yanked the bag from her hands and shoved her away, releasing her from that face hold.  He pulled it open, letting all its contents fall to the ground.

He silently rummaged through it, taking the food and throwing all the other unessentials off the mountain, throwing them miles away.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Draconian

Well that unimpressive.

Xala stuck her tongue out and licked his palm while he tried to squeeze her face. Could he feel through the gauntlets? The pressure on her was from his hand made her wince but she let him rifle through her things and watched while he tossed the not important things with a sigh.

"You don't look twelve. Were you raised in a barn?"

Lion

"Why do you ask?"  He didn't really care what she had to say and went about eating the food she'd held for ransom, eating it all voraciously.  He wiped his mouth with his gauntlets and dusted them off as if they were hands.

"Were you raised in a castle and exposed to fine dining and being served on a silver platter?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Draconian

"You're disgusting," Xala started, her hands on her hips. A sigh and she scuffed her boot against the ground. Good thing she wasn't following him because liked him, or she would have been very disappointed. "Do you not know how to live..." She motioned to the general area, "do you just run?"

Lion

"Are you asking because you genuinely want to know something, or are you just trying to annoy me?" His tone was surprisingly patient, and he just crossed his arms over his chest.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Draconian

Giving a roll of her eyes she smiled, mirroring his stance. "We're curious about you. You threw a tree at us."  Xala shifted her weight and rolled her shoulders.  "You're not prepared, you're obviously hungry. We don't mean to annoy you, you just have a short temper and little patience."

Lion

He actually grinned at her.  "I think you do. Look at yourself.  You're tickled pink," he said and quirked a brow at her.  "This is how you get your kicks huh?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Draconian

Xala grinned brightly, "you throwing the tree at us got us going a little bit, we can appreciate a strong being." Her arms went up and she stretched, moving to keep out of arms reach from iron fisty guy, "we're a bit of an antagonist, we'll admit. You're so quiet and broody. It interests us."

Lion

"I'm not that interesting.  You want my gauntlets  don't you?"  He held them out for to take.  "Go on.  You can have them."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Draconian

Xala just stared at him and frowned deeply, but she moved closer with her hand extended.  Gently she touched the gauntlets, following then up his arm. Wrapping both hands around one of his she gave it a light squeeze. Almost immediately she pulled her hands away like she's been burned and gave him a sympathetic look. "You're not wearing those because you want to." It was a statement and she just stared, slightly horrified at the idea of someone else being forced into a situation not too unfamiliar.

Lion

Castor just shrugged.  "They won't come off, no matter what I've tried. Ripping my arms off didn't seem to work. My bones apparently have a real hard time breaking."  He shrugged again.  "In this mountain is one piece of a key to remove them.  Or that's the plan anyway.  I don't want them.  And I think if you had them, you wouldn't want them either."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Draconian

Curious again she reached to take one of his hands, giving him a weary look and ready to jerk away if he grabbed her by the throat or decided to bash her face in. While he spoke she examined the gauntlets, pressing her palm to his and generally just being curious instead of interested. "Let us help." She didn't let go of his hand, "we'll help you try to remove then, we don't want to wear them." And she wouldn't have to run away with his whole arms.  Everyone wins.

Lion

"You can't help me," he said plainly.  "This is not your quest or mission or whatever you want to call it.  Best thing for you to do would be to stay here until I come out of there.  And then if they come off, good.  You're free to keep them.  If not, then that's that.  You'll find better treasure elsewhere."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Draconian

"Quest and missions are for knights on white horses," she scoffed taking her hands away before giving him a look, "not for bandits and men wearing cursed gauntlets. We have goals." Xala moved her hands to her hips and sighed. "Are you waiting for us to grant you permission to carry on? You can throw trees, you know we can't stop you."

Lion

Castor rolled his eyes at her.  "Why do you want them anyway? To sell I imagine?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Draconian

"We have a friend who is interested in...." She nodded towards the gauntlets, "things like those." Xala shrugged. "But yes. They're interesting. Unfortunate." Gently she chewed her lip and moved to stand closer in a state of false sense of security. "Can we know your name yet?"

Lion

He wasn't looking for her pity, if that's what she thought.  He cleared his throat and shrugged.  He considered just walking away, after all what good would it do to tell her if this venture was all that would come to pass between them.

"Castor," he said before turning and walking away from the edge.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Draconian

"Castor?" Xala repeated, blinking owlishly for a moment. That was begging for a nickname. Or a pun. "Well, it's nice to meet you." Sort of. Remember that he threw a tree. Remember that he threw a tree. Remember that he threw a tree. 

Like a little duckling Xala followed Castor. "We want to come anyway. Maybe there will be things more interesting than your hands."

Tags: